Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Almost. I'm painting all these in the way the game thinks they should look, so it gets stupid when the sculpt doesn't match the card.

It's easier to see the hood in real life, I'm just a terrible photographer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Oath Complete

Also claiming Jurnl. Base is corkboard and stones plus 3rd ed starter jungle plants from GW.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Oath Complete

Also claiming Jurnal for the rocks on the bases

edit: I took some closeups of the different models. I'm not sure what the policy on adding photos is, but I'm doing it anyway.

rzal fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 30, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Just to let everyone know: the photo slideshow for May is with the Judges, so any wait is my fault and not the fault of Bachtere, Germ or Monoliths, the Season 5 Judges. I had the photo album ready several days ago but got distracted by added a few completed Oaths I'd missed, then the forums went down and yadda yadda I forgot.

So if you're wondering who's got the bonus points for this month, we'll all find out in the coming days!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Daedleh posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Sorry for the delay on this, but would you mind taking another picture of your 20 Immortal Guard, 9 Slave Orcs, and 9 Gargoyles? (Or, just numbering your picture with where they all are?) They're probably all there, but it's rather hard to see in the picture.

Your other 8 figures I can count just fine from your existing pictures. :)

Hey Krushgroove, these are 3 huge planes. Our rules from Season 4 had the 'themed group' designation apply for just 3 figures once they were large enough. Does this count here? My gut feel is 'yes' but I wanted to clear it.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Just going for the fancy base journal with this one.

Warboot
Dec 13, 2012

Snuff films...Ya know, for kids!
Oath Complete!

Group Shot

Orin Midwinter

Two Void Spirits

Tyrant Rhadeim

Dispoiler

This and my prior oath this month together

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I have no idea if this is in time or not (midnight 27th or 28th in AS?) so I'll just put it up there. By definition I'll have to speedpaint this.

I, Thundercloud, oath an ammo runt from GW in 28mm scale.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
:catdrugs: Incoming Alternate Universe Oath :catdrugs:

This year I'm hoping to get Deadzone by Mantic completely assembled and painted to a playable degree. So I'm going to currently oath the basics that came with the default kit from the KS, and likely oath more when it comes time since there's so many extra and 2nd wave delivery coming soon. Plague aren't on the list since they were my first oath. Now on with the show!

Enforcers

Enforcer Captain
3 x Enforcers with assault blades
4 x Enforcers with heavy rifles
Enforcer with rocket launcher
Engineer
2 x Sentry Guns
Enforcer Sniper

Rebels

Field Commander
2 x Survey Drones
3 x Yndij Hunters
Teraton Brawler
2 x Sorak Troopers
2 x Human Troopers
2 x Grogan w/ special weapons

Marauders

Commando Captain
2 x Ripper Suits
5 x Commandos
2 x Goblin Snipers
2 x Mawbeasts (primed black in the left)

Mercenaries

The Survivor
Dr. Simmonds
Recon N32-19
Nastanza
Wrath
Blaine
Oberon
Freya

Terrain

This stairway took a bit of damage and got a little off kilter on one side but the stairs aren't supposed to go two together like that

This basic scaffolding tower. While it's not being oathed, if I have time it'll go in the stack, but all 3 combine into this landing pad tower:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Thundercloud posted:

I have no idea if this is in time or not (midnight 27th or 28th in AS?) so I'll just put it up there. By definition I'll have to speedpaint this.

I, Thundercloud, oath an ammo runt from GW in 28mm scale.

See my posts at the end of the last page - I think Red Shoe was the last one to get an Oath in on time, sorry!

thiswayliesmadness posted:

:catdrugs: Incoming Alternate Universe Oath :catdrugs:

Alternate Universe Oaths Accepted!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete

This month's Jurnal are the bases. I used the Basius pad to create ruined pavement elements, and then garnished them with some hand cast hexagon bricks, which I'll discuss after this parts list achievement:

Parts List:
Tacky Glue
superglue
Basius Ruined Imperial Highway basing pad
plumber's epoxy
silicone hot-pad
Plaster of Paris
Testor's Spray Lacquer
Numbers from a Warlord Games decal sheet

Vallejo
951 White
994 Dark Grey
Black Lava

Folk Art 2573 French Valilla
Formula P3 Carnal Pink

Games Workshop:
Basing Slate (Small)
Carroburg Crimson ink

Army Painter:
Desert Yellow Primer (spray & brush-on)
Matte Black primer (brush-on)
Grass Tufts
Soft Tone ink

I used the plaster of Paris in this silicone hot pad / duvet:

To create a lifetime supply of hexagonal bricks:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath complete! My converted Maulerfiend is finished, early even!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Time is running out to finish your June Oaths!

Just under 35 hours remain! (at the time of this edit, I think)
https://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_AS.aspx

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 29, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:vomarine: June oath completed! :vomarine:

Claiming:
Customized Base Journal
Infinity Model

Claiming:
Themed Group & Tiny soldiers

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 29, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Jeez, I thought I had more time but American Samoa is sneaking up on me

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
30 days has September,
April and November
All the rest have 31
And February’s great with 28
And Leap Year’s February’s fine with 29
And June has 29 for some weird reason

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Krushgroove, you are endearingly terrible at this whole time thing.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Completed!

I, Pash, have completed my oath for June!

First the 5 Phoenix Guard:

The Pegasus Knight:

You might be able to tell but he is my entry for the Jurnul for June.

Here are some pre-painting pictures of the base, cause I was not sure what I needed to include:

Here I painted it grey:

Overall I got this piece for an aquarium, I attached some cork to the base to be rocks and put the aqaurium piece on top. I then painted everything grey, washed, and highlighted it. Then I added some gravel, which I painted black before dry brushing it with several colors. Finally I added grass, bushes, and vines to complete the old ruined look.

Also Backstory on the Peg knight!

quote:

Sir Bester was at home in the skies. There was nothing he enjoyed more than soaring through the air on his Pegasus Lazarus before diving on unsuspecting foes. Yet here he was. Responding to an urgent call to arms Bester had taken to the skies to cover ground ahead of the rest of his force. The enemies has chanced upon him while he was watering Lazarus. Given the distance Bester had time to mount up before his foes were upon him. He drew his sword and smiled. They had not seen his Pegasus when they had spotted him, and might assume that like most Bretonnian Knights he was mounted on a horse. He gave Lazarus a kick and leaped into the air over an old stone monument to hit the flank of the scouts that thought they were moving in for the kill.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I use this: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_AS.aspx?y=2014&mo=7&d=1&h=0&mn=0 and put in my local time zone to figure out exactly how much more time I have to procrastinate. Most* people have until Tuesday morning some time. Don't blame me if you use this and miss your oath though.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Krushgroove, you are endearingly terrible at this whole time thing.

Haha old age has gone past creeping up on me and has full-on pounced on my rear end and has me in a geriatric headlock.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oath Complete!

Tokens for I rolled a 6!

Jurnal for the Megalith base which consisted of ballast, then tea leaves then basing flower stuff
and then some painted Spanish moss to look like he's got a bramble of new growth coming out from where he's standing

These guys are being entered as a group.

Everything I did for June Shot

Ok, so just to reiterate, I'm claiming Jurnal, I rolled a 6!, and a group entry.

jodai fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 30, 2014

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Very nice looking Oaths rolling in! I love end of the month, getting to see what everyone has painted.

I've been laid up with a neck injury for the past week, and haven't accomplished much on the way of painting. Still have two days, at least!

Germ
May 7, 2013

:siren: (MAY) JUDGMENT IS NIGH!!!! :siren:

Great looking group of oaths to start the season off! As your (novice) judge for creativity, I have looked deep into your soul, and I have judged you.

Third place (1 point) to Deanut Pancer.
Ok, I’m the first to admit that I’m a sucker for bright, cartoony miniatures. Particularly when they are painted as well as these. The thing that knocked this over the top for me, however, was the description of the painting technique. I’d not have thought that these were a green wash over a yellow basecoat, and this is certainly a recipe that I’ll be trying in the future. Thanks for sharing these!

Second place (2 points) to Gareth Gobulcoque. So, I’m not certain about what’s caused this spate of Dreadfleet minis being pledged, but I’ll not complain about it. They are really fun models, and it’s great to see folks’ take on Dreadfleet. Mr. Gobulcoque’s work really stands out as an example of what can be done with these. Clean, bright colors. Great contrast. Smooth transitions. The end result is highly stylized, perfectly shaded, and very eye-catching. More, please!

First place (3 points) to Laika the Space Dog. This really has everything one could ask for in a squad of Ogryn. Eyeball gutplate, replete with lens flare? Check. Riveted-on eyepatch with multicolored mowhawk and side burns? Check. Huge, gently caress-all pink fist of death and dismemberment? And how! Well painted, brilliant conversions that make for a characterful unit. Well done!

Bonus point to Raphus C. This is what Orks need to be riding. Engines. No steering mechanisms or wheels to get in the way. Just giant jet engines. With guns.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Dozer

Loup Garou

More Loup Garou

Picture of the bases for the Jurnal. Made them out of random desk poo poo, really happy how they came out.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I am in so much oath trouble right now it's unbelievable. I just poured the mold for the bases I made, let alone cast or painted them. :ohdear:

However, some really cool posts already that have increased my motivation!

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

lovestick posted:

I am in so much oath trouble right now it's unbelievable. I just poured the mold for the bases I made, let alone cast or painted them. :ohdear:

You can do it lovestick! As a fellow oath-failer I believe in you! I got right with the Lord and said "Never Again!"

Germ
May 7, 2013

lovestick posted:

Nice. You can totally pull this off. 4 hours for the silicone to set, then pour your first cast. PLENTY of time!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Germ posted:

Nice. You can totally pull this off. 4 hours for the silicone to set, then pour your first cast. PLENTY of time!

It's time for a... montage *cue motivational music*

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Jurnal

All of them except the holy zealot, but specifically the tiny oasis on the robot and the lava around the demoness.

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
Oath Complete!

Someday I should really spend some time getting better with photography and lighting to get better pictures. Considering the number of Egyptian tanks I have yet to finish I'll have plenty of practice ahead. For now, just these cell phone pictures.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

Iris of Ether posted:

Sorry for the delay on this, but would you mind taking another picture of your 20 Immortal Guard, 9 Slave Orcs, and 9 Gargoyles? (Or, just numbering your picture with where they all are?) They're probably all there, but it's rather hard to see in the picture.

Your other 8 figures I can count just fine from your existing pictures. :)

Here you go:

19 on the unit base and one kept separate as an ASB.

9 Slave Orcs

3 bases of 3 gargoyles :)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Oath Completed

and an extra shot of the base for the jurnal.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Brock Samsonite posted:

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Dozer

Loup Garou

More Loup Garou

Those are some of the first Loup Garou I have seen that I like. The poncho and big flat face shield normally put me off but those look good.

But that Dozer totally looks like he's waiting for a bus. (The non-dynamic pose doesn't help dispell this).

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete

He might not be the most handsome marine ever to fight in the Emperor's service, but he is a filthy traitor at any rate. Certainly the most white I have ever painted on one model.

The fancy base for the Journal is from Secret Weapon Miniatures, enhanced with a tuft of grasslike material.

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

Oath Complete!

Even got some bases for the jurnal. I'm not exactly pleased at how they turned out, but I did actually paint something so there's that.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

headlor posted:

but I did actually paint something so there's that.

Well we have a new tagline for the thread! ;)

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!:siren:

Man, this one was a slog considering it's only one model. Unfortunately the photos don't really do it justice and seem to have washed it out a lot but I painted it so woohoo.

Might try and do a bit more work with the eyes but that's as good as it's getting for now. I also decided to model on a reptile scale cloak to represent the Mantle of the Elder Drake.

And I guess I'll pick up a couple of extra points for the Inquisitor's Journal for the base and Parts List for the following:

Tamiya Flat Green
Loren Forest
Biel-Tan Green
Lahmian Medium
Leadbelcher
Ironbreaker
Runefang Steel
Nuln Oil
Warplock Bronze
Runelord Brass
Abaddon Black
Ceramite White
Mephiston Red
Druchii Violet
Agrax Earthshade
Seraphim Sepia
Ogryn Camo
Mechanicum Standard Grey
Dawnstone
Administratum Grey
Screaming Skull
Dryad Bark
Gorthor Brown
Baneblade Brown

Basing:
Sand
Slate pieces
Model barbed wire

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:burger:MAY JUDGMENT:burger:

poo poo, I never realized it would be this hard.

Checkin in with my inaugural judgments for artistry. I seriously have so many runners-up. I wish I had more points to give but THERE CAN BE ONLY THREE. :black101:

1 POINT - UNDER 15

This is a beautiful scheme. Simple, believable, and characterful for orcs & goblins. Each color is cohesive and fully supports its end of the spectrum, the more saturated ones drawing particular attention to appropriate areas. I think my favorite is the little hooded skeleton standard bearer in the goblin squad, that fella really shows off the range of the scheme. Nice use of complimentary purple/yellow, too.

2 POINTS - SRM

As a judge focused significantly on color application, I would be seriously remiss if I did not recognize these motherfuckers right here. Your work continues to be wonderful, and this group has given you plenty of variety and detail to elaborate your style. It's perfectly reminiscent of the 90's 'Eavy Metal scheme, but updated to include modern techniques to improve the delivery. You have tons of contrast and a lot of bright colors, but it's never overwhelming and the focus is always where you want it. Nicely done on the banner color-match, too. If I remember correctly the banner is paper, and the blue holds up well to the painted models.

3 POINTS - GARETH GOBULCOQUE

It's safe for me to say these are the nicest Dreadfleet scenery items I've ever seen, not just because that's not something you see every day, but also because these are fantastic as gently caress. On my favorite, the turtle skeleton castle, you have managed to make it not only look convincing (for such a wacky model concept), but simultaneously bright, foreboding, and downright cozy. I want to live in that tiny little castle! The other pieces are great as well, I like that the various tiny obelisks match with the aforementioned castle. That dragon is also boss. A great choice of primary color on that guy, and he looks great with the basing.

JURNAL BONUS POINT - DEANUT PANCER

This jurnal tutorial is super easy to understand, and gets great results. I feel like if a novice painter who understands what "drybrush," "wash," and "highlight" means stumbled across this in a google image search or something, they could reproduce this scheme and be really happy with it. It would also teach them that you don't always need to prime black!

Fantastic work everyone, a magnificent first round indeed!

Monoliths fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 30, 2014

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Those are some of the first Loup Garou I have seen that I like. The poncho and big flat face shield normally put me off but those look good.

But that Dozer totally looks like he's waiting for a bus. (The non-dynamic pose doesn't help dispell this).

Woah thanks! That means a lot to me coming from you, I've always loved seeing your Necrons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Oath Complete

Claiming Journal and Parts List below (Double the Fun?)

Paints (all these are citadel)

Warbeast Armour/Bone:
Charadon Granite, mixed with
Calthan Brown &
Bleached Bone to highlight
Chaos Black at the points

Warbeast Flesh:
Ice Blue, mixed with
Ceramite White to highlight
Emperor's Children for pink areas

Lylyth
Charadon Granite basecoat on everything but flesh
Boltgun Metal on armour/bow
Devlan Mud wash on armour/bow
Gryphonne Sepia wash on armour/bow
Asurmen Blue wash on cloth
Calthan Brown for hair highlights
Bleached Bone on bone parts of bow
Leviathan Purple wash on flesh
Ceramite White to highlight flesh (think I mixed this with bleached bone and emperor's children)

Bases:
Charadon Granite &
Adeptus Battlegrey for rocks
Dark Angels Green for moss/grass patches
Devlan Mud wash on the whole base

Chaos Black &
Ceramite White on the base rims

Basing
I used a Basius pad (Shattered Sanctuary) with a lot of green stuff, and then some snow flock

I would claim box art on Lylyth but I can't find a good picture of the one I copied and I did the skin different anyway

• Locked thread