Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

String Beans posted:

It is really neat to find unused stuff like this. Like I can see this being part of a Guild jumping puzzle or something.

There's the hidden bit at the end of AC, and SE3 has some jumping puzzle-ish features at the end. I wonder if they had planned to have some in dungeons but ended up scrapping the idea.

It would have been neat to have a one to five player instanced terrain exploration/vanquishing mode, as a one-time completion sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
We should have a guild expedition to some of these places. There are so many hidden things in GW2 that no one really notices. Isn't there some wierd jumping puzzle underneath the sylvari starter zone, it has lava and a giant plant to climb up or something.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

We should have a guild expedition to some of these places. There are so many hidden things in GW2 that no one really notices. Isn't there some wierd jumping puzzle underneath the sylvari starter zone, it has lava and a giant plant to climb up or something.

SFD has "guild expeditions" to those places all the time, who are you ingame?

E: Oh right you're Diego The Waypoint Problem in Goon Squad

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

SFD has "guild expeditions" to those places all the time, who are you ingame?

E: Oh right you're Diego The Waypoint Problem in Goon Squad

Yeah, also known as that guy who either shows up late or not at all.

Edit: Hey, I know that people can turn off the ability to hear player instruments, but can enemies in WvW hear them without it disabled?

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 26, 2014

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

The best norn picture.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

:siren:

Guild Wars 2 is 50% off until June 29th

:siren:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Not like you goons go outside anyway, but if you do be careful. Real life Asura discovered near Beijing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3hZlpLnuiw

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
As a Euroon, can I formally request that Goon Squad schedule some Guild missions earlier than 3AM? It'd be nice to have some make-up events say three hours before reset on saturdays

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Anyone have a lovely old mac they use to play this with? I have a friend that wants to play but I think he has a few years old macbook or something

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Kajeesus posted:

As a Euroon, can I formally request that Goon Squad schedule some Guild missions earlier than 3AM? It'd be nice to have some make-up events say three hours before reset on saturdays

We do makeup events Sunday for those who couldn't come Saturday, though I forget the time for those.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Those are also at 3AM.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

Those are also at 3AM.

I'll start running oceanic/euro makeup missions again when I'm back in town.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Kajeesus posted:

Kessel posted:

Thanks Kes (: We used to run make-up missions before reset on Saturday, but since the same officers were in charge of makeups and regular missions a solid 4 hour block of guild fun-having was pretty brutal. It also made mission attendance impossible for goons who weren't around Saturday evenings.

We have plenty of influence and Eurogoons at this point, so once Kes and/or Demaga figure out a good timeslot for them I'll add it to the guild info!

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Sometimes, on very rare occasions, mapchat delivers.

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Schpyder posted:

Sometimes, on very rare occasions, mapchat delivers.

I'd like to meet this dropbear sometime and ask them about my stresses. I feel like he could cut through the normal bullshit and get straight to the point.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kessel posted:

I can help you with them if you need another dorito.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Does that 50% off include the upgrade to the deluxe edition? That banker golem would be nice for keyrunning, and you can also get an additional armor set now? Or was that just datamined?

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I've always wanted to try this game, and I suppose it going on sale for 50% off is as good a time to try as any. Anything important I should know that might not be in the OP, or is that still good to go off of?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

We have plenty of influence and Eurogoons at this point, so once Kes and/or Demaga figure out a good timeslot for them I'll add it to the guild info!

Because of GS's extremely large and scattershot Euro/Asian/Oceanic population, we've always had trouble pinning down a fixed timeslot that would work for everyone. So the policy we've tried to keep to is: if at least a couple nightkrew goons need a mission and enough are on to complete it, an officer will run it.

We've gotten a bit lazy about this in recent weeks and have a lot of newer players in GS, so I'll take this opportunity to remind our off-hours goons: if you need a guild mission during off hours, speak up. We have 24-hour officer coverage and enough influence to run missions very often.

I'm back in a week and will be available to run missions again then. In the meantime we have plenty of nightkrew officers who can do it too.

Also - if a guild buff runs out and an officer hasn't noticed, please feel free to speak up too! We run the three big buffs 24 hours a day.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

There will probably be a lot of old players returning to for LS2 initially, at least I know I am wanting to see what's up.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

i am tim! posted:

I've always wanted to try this game, and I suppose it going on sale for 50% off is as good a time to try as any. Anything important I should know that might not be in the OP, or is that still good to go off of?

Join one or both goon guilds. Mention you are new and someone should help hook you up with some bags at least. Dodging is vital to combat. How pretty you are is vital to everything else.

Kessel posted:

Also - if a guild buff runs out and an officer hasn't noticed, please feel free to speak up too! We run the three big buffs 24 hours a day.

The big three buffs would be particle effects, ERP, and what?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

LtSmash posted:

The big three buffs would be particle effects, ERP, and what?

Asura butt bobble head effect. Got a reputation to maintain here.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Serious answer is +karma, +MF and +gathering!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Serious answer is guild banquets and crafting stations.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Serious answer is guild banquets and crafting stations.

Or weird horse thing drunk off guild bar. Someone can link that video.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

jaegerx posted:

Or weird horse thing drunk off guild bar. Someone can link that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqCnaggf_NI

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I might actually love you arus.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

There's certainly enough of him to go around.

pineapple3k
Feb 12, 2014
Hey, I recently started playing again after a few months away. I was wondering if I need to change servers to join the guild.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

SFD has a Maguuma requirement; GS doesn't.

Bridgeburner_
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks to "Marcelline" for informing me about the Festival of the Four Winds and telling me where to go to get those sweet, sweet tickets (I was considering destroying them for inventory space)

I finished the meta achievemenet, but now I can't decide between gas mask or fused gauntlets, time to grind them both :shepspends:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Delivery Girl just likes to chill out.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

Bridgeburner_ posted:

Thanks to "Marcelline" for informing me about the Festival of the Four Winds and telling me where to go to get those sweet, sweet tickets (I was considering destroying them for inventory space)

I finished the meta achievemenet, but now I can't decide between gas mask or fused gauntlets, time to grind them both :shepspends:

Get the gas mask, die happy.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Bridgeburner_ posted:

That should only take a couple of hours in a gold pavilion.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

What's the best way to get the tier 3 matchup with 3 gambits achievement? Its the last one I need for the gauntlet meta.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Why is the PVP browser so weird? It constantly displays more players than there are in the game.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Pedestrian Xing posted:

What's the best way to get the tier 3 matchup with 3 gambits achievement? Its the last one I need for the gauntlet meta.

Deadeye Dunwell. My newly 80 thief with terrible gear managed the 5 gambit achievement with dagger/pistol. Don't pick the crowd favourite gambit.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Dugong posted:

Deadeye Dunwell. My newly 80 thief with terrible gear managed the 5 gambit achievement with dagger/pistol. Don't pick the crowd favourite gambit.

Tried him like twice with my thief before I got bored. Which utilities did you use, I assume smokescreen?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Tried him like twice with my thief before I got bored. Which utilities did you use, I assume smokescreen?

Smokescreen isn't necessary since you can blind him with Shadow Shot and Black Powder. IIRC I used Ambush, Assassin's Signet and Scorpion Wire last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Pedestrian Xing posted:

I'm terrible at remembering names but I think I used thieves guild, shadowstep, smokescreen and the signet that has the active which increases the damage of your next 5 attacks to heartseeker him at the end.

• Locked thread