Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
What up fuuuuuckerrrs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

What up fuuuuuckerrrs?

Whoa. No way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Can't wait to hear their latest hype on Platinum making a Korra game, although I'm wondering how big IS platinum to make like 3 games at once?

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Don't lie to me, Matt. Tell me something only Matt would know.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Beard Yawn posted:

Don't lie to me, Matt. Tell me something only Matt would know.

I ate bacon and fruit today! lol

I don't really know what I should say. Um, today's uploads will be 1 hr and 30 mins of Shovel Knight, followed by a Skullgirls fisticuffs.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

TheRealestMatt posted:

It's him.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

watho posted:

It's him.

Hah!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

I don't really know what I should say. Um, today's uploads will be 1 hr and 30 mins of Shovel Knight, followed by a Skullgirls fisticuffs.

Looking forward to that. Love watching your videos and listening to the podcast at work. :)

Do the rest of the Zaibatsu have accounts here? I've heard Woolie name drop Lowtax a few times. Tell those fuckers to get on board.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Baz boss fight was pretty neat.

quakster fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 27, 2014

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
I'm surprised both at you making an account and the fact I realized no one has a known account on SA.

Just taking the opportunity to say the things you do give me pleasure and thanks for doing it and congratulations on everything and hopefully the future doesn't suck for you!

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Charles Martel posted:

Looking forward to that. Love watching your videos and listening to the podcast at work. :)

Do the rest of the Zaibatsu have accounts here? I've heard Woolie name drop Lowtax a few times. Tell those fuckers to get on board.

No, none of them do. I don't believe any of them even visit SA. Adding to their already rich veneer of lameness.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Pat needs to make an account so he has people to talk about the F Plus with.

Maybe also so he can get banned for raging about games in the games subforum.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If that guy that made the Sengan Kagura thread isn't banned, no one is.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

roach cum puddle posted:

I'm surprised both at you making an account and the fact I realized no one has a known account on SA.

Just taking the opportunity to say the things you do give me pleasure and thanks for doing it and congratulations on everything and hopefully the future doesn't suck for you!

Seconding all this and adding that I hope you get your :10bux: worth! Give my love to Zach if you happen to see him around town.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh rad, Matt's here. Kind of surprised Pat doesn't browse since doesn't he enjoy watching LPs himself?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Pat is almost the top poster in the neogaf thread, that lame-o

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

No, none of them do. I don't believe any of them even visit SA. Adding to their already rich veneer of lameness.

To be fair, just mentioning half the awful anime Liam likes can be a bannable offense in ADTRW. Might be for the best.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Oh rad, Matt's here. Kind of surprised Pat doesn't browse since doesn't he enjoy watching LPs himself?

He explicitly stated he hates watching LP's on Slowbeef's (former LP mod) podcast.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah, the only LP he watched all the way through was the Tresspasser LP by Research Indicates.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions or comments about how bad/dumb I am, feel free!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions or comments about how bad/dumb I am, feel free!

Once the RE4 playthrough is done, will you do a DMC 1 playthrough as an excuse to keep talking about RE4? Because you should.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

TheRealestMatt posted:

Hi Matt! I've been a big fan since the old days (god, I can still remember when my friend linked me the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories video).

I'm really enjoying the Berserk LP you're doing with Liam since I've watched supergreatfriend's take on it as an earlier LP. Seeing your two's input about the game and as Berserk fans yourself is very fun. Keep up the good work!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

What is your excuse for not having played Vanquish on the channel yet?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"Welp, I haven't checked the Best Friends thread since the forums went down, so I'll just check the last pOH JESUS WHAT?!" :stare:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheRealestMatt posted:

Have you ever thought about doing a Platinum month?

Are you worried about the WWE suing you over stealing the name Cryme Tyme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPGvmUYuWqY

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 27, 2014

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

TheRealestMatt posted:

Um, today's uploads will be 1 hr and 30 mins of Shovel Knight, followed by a Skullgirls fisticuffs.

Yes! Yes!

What is the Pat/Woolie LP, and why isn't it God Hand?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Have you ever thought about doing a Platinum month?

Are you worried about the WWE suing you over stealing the name Cryme Tyme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPGvmUYuWqY

They don't skare me!

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Can you guys do a let's play of ninja gaiden ok thanks

edit: i mean the original xbox one

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I always figured that Pat would be the one who was a secret goon.

Also did you consult with the zaibatsu before making this 10 dollar expenditure?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
CEOs don't need to consult with the peons about business expenses.

Also, cool to see you're around, Matt.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt, I sent a message to Woolie about a series you guys should read because it's a hundred times more reality-breaking than Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ever was, in under 13 chapters. I think it might've gotten buried in the thousands of messages you guys no doubt get all the time though. It's called Qualia the Purple and the first few chapters are misleading, but it starts to ramp up around chapter 3 and never stops getting more insane. Hope you like Schrödinger's Cat and quantum physics!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Qualia-the-Purple/Ch-001--Episode-001?id=164690

Dr. Amazing in the ADTRW thread has been translating some of the remaining chapters himself.

I also am listening to the back catalog of SBFC and coincidentally just reached the episode where you guys discussed Ground Zeroes at length, and then someone(think it was Liam) mentioned his girlfriend talking about the audio log insanity as "it's war, poo poo happens", which is a gross excuse to fridge the female character(and everything that happens before it). I mention this because I followed up that episode with this week's Idle Thumbs episode, which had a fairly poignant email written in about the topic. Spoilers, obviously.

edit: attempted to fix timestamp but it doesn't seem to have worked, the relevant part is at 1h 25m 15s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLqs-G4TYTM&t=5055s

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 27, 2014

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Shovel Knight video is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0SB5XerFEs

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Matt you guys are awesome, been following your stuff for a few years now, keep it up :)

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I kind of wish they would just play all the way through Shovel Knight

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

I re re-bought RE4 and am playing through again because of you guys. Thanks for being the worst.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin

TheRealestMatt posted:

In the Shadow Over Mystara playthrough it sounded like most of you had some experience with D&D. Does anyone in the Zaibatsu still play?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TheRealestMatt posted:

I really hope you talk about the Korra game in the next podcast. Also tell Liam he's a dork.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

TheRealestMatt posted:

Oh man I didn't actually think my dumb Tumble message would get you to sign up! Uh... what's up?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

Word. They need to get with the program now that you're here since this place needs more chill people.

I'm sure my e-mail got buried under the insane amount of messages you guys get, but as for suggestions, I sent in a few messages to the superbestfriendcast gmail address saying that I would love to hear you guys discuss your thoughts on the whole situation with emulation, ROMs, copyrights, how some game companies highly guard and enforce their intelluctual properties when they're not even using them, whether you guys prefer ROMs or the actual hardware and software and why, etc. etc. I just find the whole discussion fascinating and think that it would be an interesting topic for the fanbase as a whole.

Have you guys heard of fellow Canadian show Pure Pwnage? Wasn't sure if any of you guys ever watched it or even met and/or collaborated with any of the members.

Also, BRING BACK SCRUBLORDS! That's the series that made me a fan.

Edit: Loving the chaotic commentary on the Shovel Knight vid. I wish they would port this to the XBox One, because I would play the gently caress out of it. Game's like a love letter to most of my favorite NES games.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What the thread has like fifty posts in it, what happened did someone say something dumb?

Oh, Matt's here. Hi Matt, you do good things.

Also legitimately thank you for hyping me for Shovel Knight, I watched your video way back, backed it, and am loving the poo poo out of this game, this is everything the thousands of lovely 'it's a love letter to old games' wanted to be and more.