Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

COME JUNKYARDING WITH US AND GRILL/EAT THINGS

You seem like the kind of guy that would grill things that were found under a junkyard car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Apparently giving people poo poo on twitter like I do here is a bad idea.

Tweeted a local radio personality and he was not happy with me haha.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

kastein posted:

COME JUNKYARDING WITH US AND EAT GRILLE THINGS

There.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

You seem like the kind of guy that would grill things that were found under a junkyard car.

Nah, that's 13".

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

leica posted:

Go on...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

leica posted:

We had a local election where they ran tweets with a certain hashtag largely unfiltered on local TV.

Some of my poo poo-talking of a local radio personality (who was a panelist on live TV at the time) ended up on TV as a result. Proud moment.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was giving the dude crap because his profile pic didn't really match his "edgy" talk radio show and he got all butthurt.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

cursedshitbox posted:

Nah, cat thieves don't taste all that great.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Too soon, dude.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Selling a watch on ebay. Someone from China signed up for an account on the 23rd and placed a bid. Theres about 24 hours left now and I get a message.

quote:

Dear cage21cage,

这块表磨损痕迹太严重了 我不想买了

- q447255907

Which google tells me roughly translates to "The watch is too serious signs of wear, I do not want to buy it"

Sorry buddy, I hope someone else bids on it I guess. I cant delete bids.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cage posted:

Selling a watch on ebay. Someone from China signed up for an account on the 23rd and placed a bid. Theres about 24 hours left now and I get a message.

Which google tells me roughly translates to "The watch is too serious signs of wear, I do not want to buy it"

Sorry buddy, I hope someone else bids on it I guess. I cant delete bids.

Why doesn't ebay have a "ban new buyers" option or something? All they have is "ban people with negative feedback from my past auctions and other useless poo poo. I've had too many auctions, or even too-many Buy-It-Now's, ruined by people/scammers (scammers aren't people) signing up an hour before, then bidding, then disappearing into the night. What, do they think I'm going to ship it before receiving payment? And of course, I can't set my listing options to "require immediate payment," because I have to have a business account, and you can't get a business account without sucking some seriously warty cock.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Seriously. Make em wait a week to place a bid. That way they can't try a scam an already posted auction that caught their eye. Wouldn't have helped in my case since I dont think hes trying to scam me, but still a good idea.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

kastein posted:

Nah, cat thieves don't taste all that great.

:laugh:

Who knew that a widow-maker on muddy ground wouldn't be stable? Not that genius.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So during my week off I mostly avoided the forums other than checking to see if they were still hosed and instead watched a poo poo ton of Youtube videos. Mostly Mighty Car Mods. If you can get past their horrible early episodes there's actually a ton of fun stuff in there, specifically their two features Key to the City and Turbos and Temples.

It's also left me very irritated at the lack of Kei cars in the US.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Every wednesday is cruise night/drag racing at a local track. Free to get in, $5 to race. Can't believe I never went before.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

8ender posted:

Looking forward to the future recall scandal

I can't wait for Lowtax to be called back up to Fox News to comment on the future Ford recall.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 222 days!)

Phone posted:

I can't wait for Lowtax to be called back up to Fox News to comment on the future Ford recall.

So, Mister Kyanka,

Fiestacat. Keyboard goop. Ford? Ford. Yakity-Sax 9-11.

Down the stairs,
Bill O'Reilly.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
So the jerkass that texted me a midnight last night to discuss buying the Nova is now not responding to me and the time we discussed for meeting has come and gone. I'm on four hours sleep thanks to him. Sometimes I really hate CL.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

trouser chili posted:

So the jerkass that texted me a midnight last night to discuss buying the Nova is now not responding to me and the time we discussed for meeting has come and gone. I'm on four hours sleep thanks to him. Sometimes I really hate CL.

I had message a guy about a Civic he was parting out about the condition of some body panels, no time or date was discussed for even possibly meeting to exchange currency and parts. He never even responded to my initial message. Five days later I get a "do you want these loving parts or what?"

Craigslist sucks.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
It's why I really slowed down and then basically stopped flipping cars. I don't like high-dollar stuff because it's too much outlay and the profit margins are smaller. You can buy cars at $10,000 and flip them for $14,000, but for my $10K I'd rather have a fleet of cars bought at $250 and selling at $2,500. This price range unfortunately really brings out the CL crazies. Also, the $10K car on CL typically needs work beyond my desire or skillset to perform. A lot of the $250 cars are like, needs a new distributor and a really good cleaning.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 222 days!)

trouser chili posted:

It's why I really slowed down and then basically stopped flipping cars.

I saw a beautiful Scout yesterday, parked next to a Falcon. Both ground-up restored IN THREE YEARS with no frame or panel rust.

Two unicorns, one day. In a parking lot adjacent Wal-Mart. :swoon:

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Terrible Robot posted:

:laugh:

Who knew that a widow-maker on muddy ground wouldn't be stable? Not that genius.

What is this? (Meaning whatever poo poo you guys are alluding to, not the widow maker)

Backov fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 27, 2014

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I've been dreaming about building a Scout II from the frame up. Frames and drivetrains are cheap, although I want to build it with a Mercedes OM617. From there I can't decide on fiberglass or steel body.

First thing first though, I want to LS7 the 250C.

Backov posted:

What is this?

Scissor jack.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Backov posted:

What is this?

It came up on IRC last night, apparently some fuckwit snuck into a PnP that kastein frequents at like 11pm, jacked up a van in a muddy part of the yard, and crawled under it to steal the catalytic converter.

Squish

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Meth is a hell of a drug.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Cage posted:

Every wednesday is cruise night/drag racing at a local track. Free to get in, $5 to race. Can't believe I never went before.

So jealous... The local track is $25? $30? To race, like $10 to spectate, no ride alongs unless you pay another entrance fee (if you're not a driver), and I need to buy a firesuit since my Volvo isn't running a stock turbo anymore...

trouser chili posted:

I'm on four hours sleep thanks to him. Sometimes I really hate CL.
I don't get it... Don't you put your phone on silent when you sleep? If you're worried about people getting ahold of you, there's plenty of apps with time based incoming call whitelists, and even logic like 2 calls from the same number in X minutes will cause it to ring.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

mafoose posted:

So jealous... The local track is $25? $30? To race, like $10 to spectate, no ride alongs unless you pay another entrance fee (if you're not a driver), and I need to buy a firesuit since my Volvo isn't running a stock turbo anymore...

Plus, the loving lines. I'd kill for staging lines that short at Firebird Wild Horse Pass. It's the biggest reason I never took my MS3 down the strip.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I can't believe I forgot to mention that. Last time I was at a Friday night test and tune I got 4 runs in 6 hours...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yup, but it's not like you can just park your car and go watch for most of that time either (not that watching 14-second+ cars is terribly exciting). You'll spend most of the hour inching forward like it's I10 in Los Angeles.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
There's a big 4 lane connector road that runs 3 miles through the middle of nowhere between the edge of my town and the interstate. It's county territory and not patrolled so I usually end up bombing it. Today I was taking it at 95 in the Miata and this lifted XJ follows me at speed. We finally reach the light at the interstate and this dude leans out his window - shaved head, face tattoos, aviators, beard braided into viking pigtails, poo poo eating grin: "Thanks for haulin rear end, bud!" Which one of you was this?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Did Kastien cut his hair?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

trouser chili posted:

I'm not sure what part of it means text me "12 cash tomorrow" a few minutes after midnight.

Why the hell would you use your real number for a CL ad?

This is basically what Google Voice was made for.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I correspond by email from orbit, only way to be sure.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Apparently the weather is cooperating this weekend. Got some sweet shots riding my bicycle around the track. Gonna rock.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Did Kastien cut his hair?

No, but I ditched the beard months ago. It became irrelevant and then it got warm out and I don't honestly care if I have a beard or not appearance wise, but I do care if my neck sweats.

I was hooning around on my way home today but it was with two motorcycles on the interstate, then a cop got on in front of us and put the kibosh on all our fun.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

trouser chili posted:

Potentially. He thinks if he spends $2,500 he'll be able to find a car that doesn't have problems and won't need to be worked on. He's just a stupid kid and basically has no financial, emotional, or any other kind of support at all from his parents because they're useless. He doesn't even live with them and is an emancipated minor. He's scared and can't afford a mistake.

This reminds me of my niece, only she scored hardcore. She's been driving her mom's (my sister's) old bulletproof Volvo 240 for the last 3 years, but she's off to college and her dad wanted to get her something more reliable. Fat chance, right?

He found her a 98 V6 Camry at an estate sale with 24k miles on it. And the owner was super anal, got it dealer serviced whether it needed it or not, even the timing belt was changed at 12 years and 20k miles. The radio knob is missing. That is absolutely the only thing wrong with the car. The engine bay is clean enough to eat out of. Oh, $4,000.

Here's hoping similar luck falls on your nephew.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Got my Audi back from the shop today and I can't wait to take it out for a spin this weekend :3:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Viper_3000 posted:

Most any parts store (Advance, Napa, Autozone, etc.) takes used oil for free, at least stateside. (I think they are required to by law at this point.)

Antifreeze and other fluids however...Let's just say that those aren't as easy to get rid of responsibly like oil is.

cursedshitbox posted:

Sure you can! Just mix the poo poo with the oil. :v:

If they question you just tell them you own a Subaru :rimshot:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Antifreeze you can actually just dump down the drain, as it gets broken down at the water treatment plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Mat_Drinks posted:

If they question you just tell them you own a Subaru :rimshot:

Or a rover.

I don't say poo poo. they don't ask, I don't tell.

I moved the last of the stuff out of the shop tonight. that was a hard god drat decision to make.

• Locked thread