Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Power Player posted:

Big Mek in Mega-Armour is up. http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Big-Mek-in-Mega-Armour

So are they releasing a Big Mek with KFF without Mega-Armor? I don't see one on the site yet, and they took the old one down as posted earlier in this thread. That... doesn't make any sense.

MANZ in general are up and man the models are dope. Also trukk nuts/skulls:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I exchanged some still in box killa kans for all the mek gun goodness I'll likely ever need. I'm getting my hands on the codex today so I'll be posting a few sample lists that I'd like to build/paint towards. Excited to get back into my orks.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Oh my gently caress, using a Big Mek with Mega Armor and a Tellyporta Blasta in a Battlewagon full of Lootas: moving 12" and firing at full BS all day erry day. :getin:

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN
I'm reading the codex and I'm a little confused about something. Can Boss Nobs who are leading a pack of boys no longer take armor just for themselves? That kinda sucks for challenges.

Edit: Seems like it. "The entire mob may take 'eavy armour", nothing about the Nob being able just to take it for himself. That sucks.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Power Player posted:

Big Mek in Mega-Armour is up. http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Big-Mek-in-Mega-Armour

So are they releasing a Big Mek with KFF without Mega-Armor? I don't see one on the site yet, and they took the old one down as posted earlier in this thread. That... doesn't make any sense.

Isn't the KFF mega-armour only now?

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

Lungboy posted:

Isn't the KFF mega-armour only now?
No, that was a mistake in the early rumors.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Is the codex on wide release tomorrow?

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is the codex on wide release tomorrow?
Yup.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Extermination has the most in-depth Mechanicus list thus far, right?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Extermination has the most in-depth Mechanicus list thus far, right?

Yes, the Taghmata Omnissiah

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

NTRabbit posted:

Yes, the Taghmata Omnissiah

What Admech units are in the Crusade army list books? Do you only get the Admech list in extermination?

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Power Player posted:

Edit: Seems like it. "The entire mob may take 'eavy armour", nothing about the Nob being able just to take it for himself. That sucks.

Seriously? Well, I didn't take anything on Nobz in 6th and left them as challenge fodder. Now you get more character models so stick a mek in there and take a PK etc...

Please tell me Boyz are still s4 on the charge.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Thundercloud posted:

What Admech units are in the Crusade army list books? Do you only get the Admech list in extermination?

Each book has an AdMech list larger than the last.

Betrayal has the Ordo Reductor with just the Thallax Cohort and named HQ Magos Reductor, plus Land Raider/Avenger/Titans

Massacare has the Legio Cybernetica which has Magos Dominus, Enginseers, Myrmidons, Thallax, Castellax, Tech thralls and all the imperial flyers

Extermination has the Taghmata Omnissiah is all of the above plus a Magos Prime, a named Arch Magos, Triaros APC, Ursarax, Vorax, Thanatar, Krios tank, Knights Errant+Paladin+Lancer

Edit: If you meant the summary books, the Thallax and Castellax appear in The Crusade Army List book, but that's all. I imagine there will be a similar book summarising the Mechanicum and Dark Mechanicum once they're done with both of them.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 27, 2014

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Oh my gently caress, using a Big Mek with Mega Armor and a Tellyporta Blasta in a Battlewagon full of Lootas: moving 12" and firing at full BS all day erry day. :getin:

What does the Tellyporta Blasta do anyway? I've been trying to keep up with all the leaks, but I'm not clear on what the weapon's profile or points cost is.

Raphus C posted:

Seriously? Well, I didn't take anything on Nobz in 6th and left them as challenge fodder. Now you get more character models so stick a mek in there and take a PK etc...

Please tell me Boyz are still s4 on the charge.

They still appear to have Furious Charge.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Lasting Damage posted:

What does the Tellyporta Blasta do anyway? I've been trying to keep up with all the leaks, but I'm not clear on what the weapon's profile or points cost is.

They still appear to have Furious Charge.

AFAIK it's a short range, high-S weapon that always wounds/penetrates on a 6 (and ID!), and it's a small-blast weapon.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Question: how effective is a Warhound Titan with two Vulcan Mega Bolters at 1750?

In that campaign I've previously whined about, I'm playing one of the real jerks. Though they've houseruled out most of my options, I'm typically the fluffy army guy, and I want to bring something completely dickish.

He runs Chaos Marines/ Daemons, and likes to bring Hellbrutes, Terminators and Daemon Princes. We're running Eternal War missions this week.

Edit: I would be proxying it with my Imperial Knight, which is not allowed in this campaign. :effort:

The MegaBolter is gonna be a pretty weak choice against his CSM because it's S6 AP3 and thus won't really hurt his Helbrutes or Terminators very well (and the Princes are presumably going to be flying, so...) If you have weapon options, the Plasma Blastgun is excellent against most kinds of targets and the Inferno Cannon will annihilate most troops out there. The Megabolter is pretty good against Daemons, though, so you could argue for one of those alongside the Blastgun.

Honestly, his list sounds pretty bad. Depending on what you have available, you could probably smash him really hard. With a little more detail on what you/they have, it wouldn't be hard to craft you a list.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SRM posted:

MANZ in general are up and man the models are dope. Also trukk nuts/skulls:

S i x t y

T h r e e

U.S.

D o l l a r s .

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Ignite Memories posted:

S i x t y

T h r e e

U.S.

D o l l a r s .

For 3!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Back to the Eternal Crusade I read that they want orks to be the F2p race. I can see it now. A bunch of pubbs who can barely shoot far outnumbering the skilled players throwing themselves stupidly at the enemy. Thats what they intended it seems. It also seems to be like planetside from what they were saying in the newsletter.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Does anyone know what the minimum squad size for warbuggies is? I have four of them, and I'm not loving converting up another.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Holy gently caress that is insane.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Plus a grot!

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

The Gate posted:

Holy gently caress that is insane.
A Mega-Nob was already about $20 bucks, mind. I think the new kit actually saves you money (like two bucks) and gives you more options!!!

(Let's ignore how stupid it is to have to drop $20 bucks per model in the first place.)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I assembled my 5 manz + megaboss for somewhere around 15-25 bucks. Playing orks is the only way I could ever possibly afford this stupid hobby.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

AFAIK it's a short range, high-S weapon that always wounds/penetrates on a 6 (and ID!), and it's a small-blast weapon.

Thanks. I guess its utility will largely be dependent on its points cost--

Ignite Memories posted:

S i x t y

T h r e e

U.S.

D o l l a r s .

Or price :eyepop:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They sure are pretty though.

There still isn't a new warboss coming though?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
There are rumors that next week has a plastic Warboss that might also be intended to be the new Warboss from a story in the Codex.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Ignite Memories posted:

Does anyone know what the minimum squad size for warbuggies is? I have four of them, and I'm not loving converting up another.

Minimum 1, max 5 per squad.

I feel let down by this codex, but I can only hope what this means is GW will be reigning it a lot of the insanity of the previous codex in this new format. Also the unit entries or data-slate things are just bullshit pictures of models, I want more awesome artwork you lazy fucks.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ignite Memories posted:

S i x t y

T h r e e

U.S.

D o l l a r s .
l i t t l e m o n e y :v:

(seriously though, GW, please continue to convince me the rest of the hobby is cheap)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It does come with a figure that has Truck Nut Skulls so I feel that's the best deal you can get.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Springfield Fatts posted:

Minimum 1, max 5 per squad.

I feel let down by this codex, but I can only hope what this means is GW will be reigning it a lot of the insanity of the previous codex in this new format. Also the unit entries or data-slate things are just bullshit pictures of models, I want more awesome artwork you lazy fucks.

The fact that half the artwork in the new Guard book was poorly-colorized versions of the portraits in the 5th ed book was incredibly disappointing.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The fact that half the artwork in the new Guard book was poorly-colorized versions of the portraits in the 5th ed book was incredibly disappointing.

Yeah? Well, uh, our Buggies and Deffkoptas are nice full page pics of 'Eavy Metal painted models from like 1996.

Edit: So I've accepted that Deffrollas are dead, but Wreckin' Ball trukks are a viable option. Why does a vehicle have an Assault weapon? What would it matter?

Springfield Fatts fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 28, 2014

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Kirby at 3++ has a breakdown of the new Ork Codex.

Goondolences.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Ignite Memories posted:

S i x t y

T h r e e

U.S.

D o l l a r s .

$76 CAD. We're the north american Australia.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Von Humboldt posted:

A Mega-Nob was already about $20 bucks, mind. I think the new kit actually saves you money (like two bucks) and gives you more options!!!

(Let's ignore how stupid it is to have to drop $20 bucks per model in the first place.)
This is stupid pedantic but I absolutely can't understand why people say something is $xx bucks or $xx dollars. The dollar sign already means dollars. That's like saying something is thirty bucks dollars. I actually don't think the price is awful (especially when compared to the old price for metals, plus the discounts you can get from Warstore and the like), but when you compare it to Killa Kans which are markedly larger and cost like 20 bucks less, it's bizarre.

Also I got a thing. Does anyone know if old Armorcast foam takes spraypaint well?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
GW's prices are so high you have to say dollars twice!

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

SRM posted:

This is stupid pedantic but I absolutely can't understand why people say something is $xx bucks or $xx dollars. The dollar sign already means dollars. That's like saying something is thirty bucks dollars. I actually don't think the price is awful (especially when compared to the old price for metals, plus the discounts you can get from Warstore and the like), but when you compare it to Killa Kans which are markedly larger and cost like 20 bucks less, it's bizarre.

Also I got a thing. Does anyone know if old Armorcast foam takes spraypaint well?

It should be good to spray directly but just give it a squirt on the underside just to be sure

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Big Willy Style posted:

It should be good to spray directly but just give it a squirt on the underside just to be sure

This is good dating advice, too.

Sorry, back to pricechat.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Big Willy Style posted:

Your forum name makes your comment so much better out of context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

I am completely baffled about the gameplay videos for Eternal Crusade so far. They're Alpha, yes, but why the hell would anyone show what they're showing off so far? The only thing that looks remotely good in those videos are reused assets from the Space Marine game.

Wouldn't it be better to spend a week or two making a single decent looking area to show off the reused assets?

On the flip side, the trailer for Deathwing and the screenshots on their site look pretty cool. That one looks promising, even if the Space Hulk setting is getting a little tired considering how massive the 40k universe is.

• Locked thread