Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

For once I agree with Xenomrph, good show. I love reading the comments of people in this thread who are literally offended by this movie. I'm seeing it tomorrow and luckily for me I know to take it at face value as a dumb action flick based off children's toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You know, there's a neat trick I do whenever I realize things aren't the way I imagine they should be for whatever reason. It has helped me often in my battles with nostalgia. The film forumgoers here debate it's usefulness, of course.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

I'll wait and see how the meta critic score holds out over time, since the movie has been out for under 24 hours.
A better, more objective metric would be to also include the rottentomatoes critic and user scores, imdb user score, and Amazon.com user score. I'd pull those myself, but I'm posting from my iPod.

I can do that! Probably worthwhile info to have in the thread anyway.

Rotten Tomatoes
Transformers (2007) - 57% (Audience: 86%)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 19% (Audience: 58%)
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 36% (Audience: 56%)
Transformers: Age of Extinction - 15% (Audience: 69%)

IMDb User Ratings
Transformers (2007) - 7.2
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 6.0
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - 6.4
Transformers: Age of Extinction - 6.8

Amazon doesn't really have enough ratings to be worthwhile yet. I'm also willing to hold off the final call on those user scores due to the fact that everyone I know who hated the other movies refused to see this one, so a lot of those scores are, ironically enough, fanboys who were going to like it no matter what versus haters who were going to hate it no matter what.

Regardless, I'm going to have to side with the critics for the most part, although I haven't quite decided whether I disliked AoE more than RotF. RotF has a couple more memorable action scenes and is mercifully shorter, but AoE lacks Shia, which is an advantage I really can't emphasize enough. I'm no Mark Wahlberg fan for the most part, but he's a lot more watchable than "nononononononono" for 2+ hours.

quote:

I'm a big cinema fan too, and I've got my share of criterion movies in my enormous library of movies, and I've also got my share of movies that got horribly shat on but I love to death and will defend forever ('Apollo 18', I will always have your back), and then I've got my share of movies that I acknowledge aren't Good Cinema but I still have a ton of fun with and enjoyed a lot despite their flaws.

I certainly have my list of films like that (I have yet to meet anyone else in real life who will admit to enjoying the stupid but oddly engrossing Equilibrium), and a couple of Michael Bay films are even on that list, but the TF sequels are just such cynical, super-commercial, calculated cash grabs that never think about what they're really saying that I just can't. In fact, I normally hate the whole "Oh big budget movies are just commercials and for sheep and blah blah" routine, because many of my favorite films are big budget summer fare, but I do indeed have a line over which I cannot cross, and that line is apparently Michael Bay's Transformers movies. I do mildly like the first movie (although it should lose the entire DoD/hacker subplot), as it has a heart to it and Shia really does try his best throughout. But man, those sequels. I would read the poo poo out of a tell-all book by someone close to the production of this series, because I bet there are some loving stories to be told in there.

quote:

At the end of the day, if you and I can pay the same price for a ticket to a movie and I come out of it saying "that was fun! Woo!" and no amount of you making GBS threads on the movie or repeating the movies flaws (as if I didn't recognize them on my own) can diminish my enjoyment of the movie, then I'd say I got more value for my dollar and my time and came out ahead. :)

Well I technically saw the movie for free with the MovieCash I got from buying the Rise of the Dark Spark game, which is a completely different error in judgment, so it wasn't as painful as it could have been. I was super willing to give this one a chance. Orci's useless rear end was off the project, a brand new cast was in place, the potty humor was (accurately) said to be totally gone, it had motherfuckin' Dinobots in it...but it was what it was, and I left horrendously let down by not just the usual things that fail miserably in these movies, but by the saving graces, as well. The action in AoE just never really gets going; it's like the movie has a huge case of blueballs the whole time. Even when the Dinobots finally show up, nothing is really done with them. They stampede down several streets and knock over some architecture, but they never fight as robots and frankly I don't think the action they do participate in is as imaginative as much of the setpiece work in the last two. Really if you've seen the trailers, you've already seen the best Dinobot stuff, which is not the movie's fault, but I think just about anyone in this thread could have come up with a dozen cooler ideas for things the Dinobots could do than what's actually on the screen.

Sire Oblivion posted:

For once I agree with Xenomrph, good show. I love reading the comments of people in this thread who are literally offended by this movie. I'm seeing it tomorrow and luckily for me I know to take it at face value as a dumb action flick based off children's toys.

I really don't think this little bit of dismissive handwaving works at all for AoE. If you come out of AoE thinking it was for children in any way, I really didn't see the same movie you did. There is some horrific poo poo in this film, even by the "Give me your face!" standards established by the series thus far. If there's an intentional "kid appeal" character in the movie, I have no idea who it is, as even Bumblebee basically makes a cameo appearance more than anything else.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

clearly everyone of you discussing the new movie are idiots. dotm left me trying to figure out how to get a refund from netflix for that loving waste of time; so i'm just gonna do the smart thing and not see aoe, especially in theaters where there's actual "Good"™ films to see.

Keldroc posted:

I really don't think this little bit of dismissive handwaving works at all for AoE. If you come out of AoE thinking it was for children in any way, I really didn't see the same movie you did. There is some horrific poo poo in this film, even by the "Give me your face!" standards established by the series thus far. If there's an intentional "kid appeal" character in the movie, I have no idea who it is, as even Bumblebee basically makes a cameo appearance more than anything else.

None of the Bay Transformers are acceptable for children. The first is the closest to being okay, but even that I'd keep from kids and I'm the worst about what I let my nephew watch.

vkeios fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 28, 2014

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Keldroc, alright. You have consistantly terrible taste but I'm willing to stand by you on this one until I see this film first-hand.

HOWEVER, the one thing that makes me think this movie might be different than the others is that people can actually list... plot points. So obviously things happen in this movie, which makes it kind of a step up from the other three.

I still think the toys are good.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't think anyone is debating the Generations M4 Toyline being pretty good, except Vaerai, who is debating where to put it on his shelf or if his oaths to the Generations god mean he has to buy it or something.

Keldroc posted:

I certainly have my list of films like that (I have yet to meet anyone else in real life who will admit to enjoying the stupid but oddly engrossing Equilibrium)
Totally tangenting here but really? I've met more than a few nerdy girls who gush over that one. I'm thinking of the Bale film, right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gammatron 64 posted:

Welcome to my life. I get "so, new transformers movie, eh?" from pretty much all my family and coworkers. (My friends generally know I hate those movies.)
I bet dollars to donuts my father is going to give me a call and ask me if I want to go see it with him this weekend.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Scoria came today and he's cool. He's got a monster backpack and I am too feeble a baby to transform him without popping his head off to get at the chest flap and I had to do the ol' gunpla snip on the pegs that hold the legs together in dino mode and got overzealous on one, but it holds together perfectly. Not sure if I prefer dino frill up or down when in robot mode. He's super heavy and is monster huge + he can do the "splat" pose as a dino.

I think my biggest complain is how he can't hold his sword straight because of the design of the sword vs space around his hand, but the slight angle is nice for neutral bot poses and let's be honest Slag is always gonna be a dinosaur when fighting a nerdicon. He looks good next to real MPs and I'm stoked for the rest.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

ForeverSmug posted:

Keldroc, alright. You have consistantly terrible taste but I'm willing to stand by you on this one until I see this film first-hand.

HOWEVER, the one thing that makes me think this movie might be different than the others is that people can actually list... plot points. So obviously things happen in this movie, which makes it kind of a step up from the other three.

I still think the toys are good.

AoE is a long, slow, plodding plot, as contrasted with the overplotted, overlapping mess of a plot that was DotM and the complete lack of plot that defined RotF (which is more due to the writers' strike than any failing of the filmmakers themselves). The most damning thing about AoE in comparison to the others is that there are individual scenes in the other movies that I do like, such as Blackout's attack on the military base, the first transformation of all the Autobots, the fight on the freeway with Bonecrusher, Starscream's slick move with the F-22 squadron, the forest fight in RotF, the chase/fight with the Dreds in DotM, Prime's first fight that he loses against Sentinel. I can't think of any moments like that in AoE that I'd want to watch again in isolation. It's all just so uninspired. The other three all have at least a few scenes that made me think, "That was a really clever way to do that" or "That's a great bit of choreography." Never happened once during AoE, with the possible exception of one shot that I'd already seen in the trailers.

I'd say the first 45 minutes to an hour of AoE is setting up a pretty interesting story with some potential to it, but none of it ever pays off at all. It's the usual Michael Bay leaping from Point A to Point 6 with no explanation and no setup, as mentioned by others earlier. Early in the film there are even some weird moments where characters suddenly go from driving to fighting between shots, or jump from location to location with no transition, as if the shots were cut down to their minimal intelligible length. I have previously defended Bay's ability to shoot and choreograph action scenes, both here and elsewhere, but I really do think AoE is one of his weaker efforts. He was much more on his game in DotM.

Spiderdrake posted:

Totally tangenting here but really? I've met more than a few nerdy girls who gush over that one. I'm thinking of the Bale film, right?

Yeah, the Bale film. I dunno, maybe I'm just not bringing it up to the right crowds, but every time I mention it people make a face like someone just cracked open a rotten egg.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 28, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Jesus, chill the gently caress out and stop trying to measure your dicks kids.

Look, yeah, I think the Transformers movies suck poo poo. But guess what, they're just loving movies. If you like them, that does not automatically make you a dumbass or a terrible human being. I enjoy a lot of really stupid poo poo so I am in no place to judge people over what stupid poo poo they may of may not like. Rei enjoys the Bay movies and that dude is like a hundred times smarter than I am.

If you get mad because someone told you a movie sucks, you are being stupid. If you get mad because someone else likes a movie, you are being equally or more stupid. loving movies and video games and poo poo are so goddamn trivial and if you're going to get outraged about something, get mad about something important.

Keldroc, I totally agree with you that these movies suck rear end but when you start making personal attacks you really hurt your case and just look like a big baby. Some stranger on the internet likes a dumb movie that you do not, whoop de loving do.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I thought the first movie was good, with the second and third being objectively bad films that wound up coming around again into dumb fun despite all the things you could nitpick at.

This one is just plain bad. Whereas the other ones might do a weird and dumb job of portraying the Transformers, they're at least portraying a Transformers story spliced with a military commercial and teen love story.

This one basically foregoes all of that. Half of the 'Transformers' don't transform at all, but shapeshift via a dumb CG effect that Bay was proud of enough to use over and over and over and over. Optimus Prime is the character in name and voice only, as are the Autobots as a faction. The piss-poor attempt to bridge from the last trilogy is so spotty and full of holes that they'd have been better off just never mentioning anything. There's a perpetual filter of poo poo flying around that makes it look like you're watching half the movie through a swarm of fat insects. The music is poo poo, which is saying something when compared to the soundtracks of the last film. The pacing is dogshit, like the 3rd movie's "nothing for an hour then the second hour is nonstop explosions!!!1" style but turned up several dozen notches. Galvatron is given the personality of an inanimate carbon rod. The 'Transformers' rarely 'transform', but more often than not are shown standing around, then a cutaway to a random human gawking, then back to the Transformer now in vehicle mode. Speaking of human characters, there's way too many that we're apparently supposed to give a drat about, they all get twice the screen time they should(except maybe Kelsey Grammar), and they all come off as genuinely lovely people you'd love to see get squished. The Dinobots look great, I think, but every moment of their screen time is apparently filmed by Michael J Fox riding a skateboard down an unpaved alley. Not to mention that they wind up as an entirely unnecessary piece of padding. The ending is likely the dumbest thing to happen in any Transformers movie.

I could go on, but that's enough wall-text. I'm not going to get into comparisons to non-TF movies or what another forum full of contrarian hipster film buffs thinks; I'm just saying that I found a way to enjoy the first three movies(and even the novels/comics spun off from them), I was genuinely excited as hell about this one, and I managed to enjoy like %5 of it.

GrimGypsy fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 28, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Keldroc, I totally agree with you that these movies suck rear end but when you start making personal attacks you really hurt your case and just look like a big baby. Some stranger on the internet likes a dumb movie that you do not, whoop de loving do.

I give as good as I get, although perhaps I sometimes take it to an extreme. According to Michael Bay, that makes me a hero like Optimus Prime.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I was finishing some work right now and put Vangelus' video talking about the movie to have something to listen to for a while. It was entertaining!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I find the first and second completely unwatchable. The second half of the third one is the only one I've re-watched.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Jesus, chill the gently caress out and stop trying to measure your dicks kids.
Speaking of which, are you still on for TFCon? Do we have more of a list of people who are going?

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, the Bale film. I dunno, maybe I'm just not bringing it up to the right crowds, but every time I mention it people make a face like someone just cracked open a rotten egg.
I'm not saying it is a recurring thing, but when I tell the 'How I decided to watch Prometheus' story I've had a couple girls I know comment on that film as either not bad or just 'Yeah Bale was dreamy in that'.

Or something about the puppy scene. I've never heard anyone say it was notably bad, nothing other than it being Bale in a matrix ripoff. Compare to say, conversations about these movies with most people though and I'm just surprised.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Bonecrusher fight isn't... good? But then again it's probably the quintessential Transformers fight in my mind. It's very kinetic and there's a lot of back-and-forth, and that's something I feel is largely ignored in modern TF fiction.

I think I may have talked about it before, but it always kind of irks me that in the fiction alt modes don't really come into play very often- they even cracked a joke about it in MTMTE (Ratchet saying "I don't know why we even have alt modes...")

Like, Cybertronians are by nature a binary race; they have two forms by design. So it stands to reason that they'd be as comfortable as a vehicle as they would be a humanoid, so changing form should be as easy to them as flexing a muscle. It's easier dialog and develop the plot in their robot mode, but I've always wished that Transformers fiction was faster and more... panicked, I guess?

Then again there's a difference between the cultural expectations between Earth Cybertronians and those from the homeworld; concealing yourself isn't so much of an issue on Cybertron, where everyone is aware that anything could be sentient, but on earth, the primary goal is concealing yourself.

Idk, there's so many nuances that aren't explored in general. The "sex" thing gets talked about a lot but it's loving stupid and unimportant compared to anything else. Binary physical configurations are literally the defining feature of the entire race and nobody gives a poo poo about it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

Equilibrium is a cool movie. I've got it on bluray (in a classsy steelbook case, even) and I was lucky enough to see it in the theatre; the opening shootout in the pitch-black room is completely awesome in a pitch-black theatre with 18-speaker surround sound, re-watching it at home just doesn't do that scene justice.
It's a really entertaining movie with a ton of classy action bits even if it's basically '1984 With Guns'. Christian Bale actually acts in the movie, and Taye Diggs is a blast to watch (and the way he goes out at the end of the movie is perfectly unexpected) and every action sequence feels unique and different from all the others. I have no problems recommending that movie to people.

Not to go all SuperMechaGodzilla here, but there really are movies out there that most people consider "bad" but are actually genuinely good movies that people just didn't "get". Pretty much the entirety of Paul Verhoeven's career has been that, and thankfully people have come around on a lot of his stuff.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I also think that for a race of effectively immortal creatures who've all witnessed millions of years, a massive part of those years being war, they all have pretty normal personalities and seem affected in no different a way than you or I would.

It gets handwaved away in fiction as "OUR DEFINING ABILITY IS TO ADAPT" but it still feels weird.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Transformers don't adapt, they adopt. This us something integral to the fiction.

It's why they mirror it's so much and their million year war ends because of their contact with us. The core feature of their race is change, but they didn't learn to evolve until they emulated it from us.

It's such a fascinating ideal.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I used to think the first movie was okay and just the sequels sucked, but I watched the first movie again recently. When I wasn't feeling horribly embarrassed I was just bored. These transformers movies are just like someone lighting off fireworks and waving tin foil in front of your face, occasionally taking a break to make racist jokes or jerk off to the army.

Spiderdrake posted:

I find the first and second completely unwatchable. The second half of the third one is the only one I've re-watched.
Speaking of which, are you still on for TFCon? Do we have more of a list of people who are going?

Yep, I'm going to Toronto. I wanted to go to Chicago too... but I have to sit that one out. I'm moving soon and needed to take a few days off to move, plus there's no way I can afford the trip. I know Strange Hampster wanted me to go but I can't. Maybe next year. Never been to Chicago and I'd really like to see it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sometimes I like to look through the customs forum over at TFW2005, mostly to see the awesome things some people can make, but also to see things like this.

Who needs Scoria?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

Sometimes I like to look through the customs forum over at TFW2005, mostly to see the awesome things some people can make, but also to see things like this.

Who needs Scoria?

That is one filthy keyboard.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
I'm probably being petty for feeling this way, but after watching RotF and DotM, I'm completely refusing to see AoE unless it's for free.

While I hear that the characterization is better, I'm admittedly upset that (not sure if this counts as spoilers considering the last few films) that Prime is still a psychopath and might, in fact, be worse than he has been. It probably makes me sound like a G1 fanboy, but Prime should be an optimist at heart, always willing to talk things out before even considering violence. I know characterization marches on and all that, but he's an iconic character, and that's pretty much how he's been in every series, and even in the comics.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just want to know who's first born I need to sacrifice to get the MTMTE comics made into a TV show.

Because the new TV show doesn't look like it's going to be that good.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
I rank Age of Extinction as either the worst or second worst live action movie. It's the worst movie I've gone to see in the theaters in 2014.

The biggest disappointment I had with this movie is that it starts out pretty well. The main human characters are more relatable than the first trilogy's. The Autobots actually get to talk for more than 5 seconds a piece. The first hour is a decently enjoyable film that made me optimistic for the other two hours. The quality of the film in the second hour drops off a cliff and then the third hour happens. The action in this movie isn't as interesting as the action in the first trilogy. It was strange that the only really heroic character in the movie was Cade/Mark Wahlberg. There's an action scene where (third act spoilers) Cade has a fist fight for an extended period of time while two Autobots are fighting fifty other robots. During this fight, Crosshair and Drift are hanging out with Optimus to get the Dinobots on board, but don't actually do anything. They should have been helping Bee and Hound. We barely get to see Crosshair and Drift do anything.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

My KO MP Prowl arrived this morning in the post. I would be hard-pressed to say this was a KO at all. It's perfect. I'm tempted to cancel my HLJ Wheeljack and Bumblebee preorders if they continue pumping out perfect KOs like this.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Xenomrph posted:

Not to go all SuperMechaGodzilla here, but there really are movies out there that most people consider "bad" but are actually genuinely good movies that people just didn't "get". Pretty much the entirety of Paul Verhoeven's career has been that, and thankfully people have come around on a lot of his stuff.

If there's someone who is underappreciated it's the guy who gave us Robocop.

Also please don't compare the guy who gave us Robocop to Michael Bay tia.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So lo and behold a complete G2 Menasor set has appeared.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/featured-ebay-auctions-32/rare-transformers-generation-2-menasor-set-on-ebay-180551/

Some stuff:
G2 Motormaster has new decals that nobody has seen before. He also comes with unique missles

Dragstrip is pure black and is surprisingly the only member of the team who is not brightly colored.

It looks completely hideous when combined.

If Generations Voyager op is supposed to be Motormaster, hello purple Motormaster that looks like a shattered glass figure.

The_Doctor posted:

My KO MP Prowl arrived this morning in the post. I would be hard-pressed to say this was a KO at all. It's perfect. I'm tempted to cancel my HLJ Wheeljack and Bumblebee preorders if they continue pumping out perfect KOs like this.
You probably did the right thing because people are getting word of it being canceled in the UK from Toysrus.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jun 28, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Taint Reaper posted:

You probably did the right thing because people are getting word of it being canceled in the UK from Toysrus.

I only paid £22 shipped for him, too. Bargain! Shame I didn't get the same situation where I bought KO MP Sideswipe for about the same price, got sent MP Red Alert instead, complained and they sent me Sideswipe as well. Two MPs for £24. :haw:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, you know what REALLY kills Rise of the Dark Spark, multiplayer-wise? Every single person wants to play the loving oil refinery map because the spawn points for the enemies are so far apart you can camp the main one and basically sleepwalk through it. And this is even with them bringing back the maps from the first two games, including the awesome Broken Hope from WFC, and the 'con one with the airstrike terminal from FOC.

Lazy Bastard
Aug 23, 2004
Laziness is an art
Please don't forget, no matter how bad the movies are, we still need them to keep making more of it. More movies = more toys = more TV shows = more toys.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just can't understand how with all the blatant horrible things this film shows off, that anyone can defend it on any merits. Is it Stockholm syndrome? I just don't understand, just because a movie about this property gets made doesn't mean it needs to be defended on any level if its absolute poo poo. Some of the toys I've enjoyed, sure those are neat and fun, but why do people feel the need to defend the movie? I honestly don't understand.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If John Goodman can't save the movie then it's not worth watching.

Remember he saved Blues Brothers 2000.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just want to know who's first born I need to sacrifice to get the MTMTE comics made into a TV show.

Because the new TV show doesn't look like it's going to be that good.

Have they said if the new show is going to be regular CG like TFP or if it's going to try to emulate the hand-drawn look of the art shown so far?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Have they said if the new show is going to be regular CG like TFP or if it's going to try to emulate the hand-drawn look of the art shown so far?

No idea but it sounds like they're going to be forcing morals into the show because Bumblebee needs to learn life lessons.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

No idea but it sounds like they're going to be forcing morals into the show because Bumblebee needs to learn life lessons.

Well, it's about time Bumblebee realized that nobody is truly disabled as long as they have courage.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Well, it's about time Bumblebee realized that nobody is truly disabled as long as they have courage.

No joke they have the robot that looks like the Segueway because they couldn't make transforming robots in wheelchairs work.

Also I just saw that they retooled Beast Wars Anniversary Optimus Primal(the voyager version of the Beast Wars Ultra) for the Takara Classics line.

Since we're getting a Beast Wars Voyager megatron made out of the Grimlock mold I wonder if the two are going to be a store exclusive or something.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I only paid £22 shipped for him, too. Bargain! Shame I didn't get the same situation where I bought KO MP Sideswipe for about the same price, got sent MP Red Alert instead, complained and they sent me Sideswipe as well. Two MPs for £24. :haw:

Would I be imposing terribly to ask where you found such a lovely deal?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

Would I be imposing terribly to ask where you found such a lovely deal?

Well, the former was on eBay, and the latter was the seller's mistake.

Prowl: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161297955332

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

If John Goodman can't save the movie then it's not worth watching.

Remember he saved Blues Brothers 2000.

He didn't punch Dan Ackroyd in the face when the movie was pitched to him, so I think you may be misunderstanding the word 'saved'. (Although Goodman is basically the only reason I've even thought about watching Alpha House)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also I just saw that they retooled Beast Wars Anniversary Optimus Primal(the voyager version of the Beast Wars Ultra) for the Takara Classics line.

Since we're getting a Beast Wars Voyager megatron made out of the Grimlock mold I wonder if the two are going to be a store exclusive or something.

That's not a great pairing if they are planning that, since that Primal will be about 2 cm taller than Megatron.