Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

TOLD STATUS:
[ ] NOT TOLD
[x] TOLD
[x] loving TOLD
[x] CASH4TOLD.COM
[x] KNIGHTS OF THE TOLD REPUBLIC
[x] STONE TOLD STEVE AUSTIN
[x] CURE FOR THE COMMON TOLD
[x] BEN TOLDS
[x] TEXAS TOLD’EM
[x] NO COUNTRY FOR TOLD MEN
[x] 24 CARAT TOLD
[x] GOING ONCE… GOING TWICE… TOLD
[x] GARY TOLDMAN
[x] TOLD SPICE
[x] TOLD STONE CREAMERY
[x] BABY IT’S TOLD OUTSIDE
[x] POKEMON TOLD AND SILVER
[x] TOLD YELLER
[x] EL DORADO: THE LOST CITY OF TOLD
[x] TOLDPLAY
[x] THE TOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
[x] TOLDEN SUN
[x] FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLDS
[x] CAN’T TEACH A TOLD DOG NEW TRICKS
[x] I AIN’T SAYIN SHE A TOLD DIGGER
[x] TOLDING CHAIR
[x] TOLDIER OF FORTUNE
[x] THE TOLDEN COMPASS
[x] TOLDEN AXE
[x] TOLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM
[x] ROCKIN TO THE TOLDIES
[x] BATTLETOLDS
[x] YE TOLDE PUB
[x] TOLDEN CAULFIELD
[x] THE TOLD MAN AND THE SEA
[x] TOLD MEDAL WINNER AT THE OLYMPICS
[x] ALL OF THE ABOVE

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Never underestimate the verbal beatdown a pissed off little old lady can give you.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Every time the mayor gives one of his "By [item] of [deity]!" exclamations, I get flashbacks to Alan Moore's From Hell. Like any second he's going to fall to his knees and start screaming "PRAISE JAHBULON!"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isquith talking about laws makes me really wonder just how much the oldest generation of Broodhollow knows about what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if she knows pretty much everything :unsmigghh:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Tollymain posted:

Isquith talking about laws makes me really wonder just how much the oldest generation of Broodhollow knows about what's going on. I wouldn't be surprised if she knows pretty much everything :unsmigghh:

Her face is starting to collapse into itself.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'm not sure anyone noticed, but there's been a new strip or two.

As always in Broodhollow, good things are bound to happen.

:unsmigghh:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I can't think of a comment for this one, have a comic.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whoa I can't believe Zane killed his uncle and Iris's dad on top of icing Maris :aaa:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Kris Straub made some comments about Broodhollow while talking about reviews he got:

quote:

I was surprised to learn that people feel like this chapter is moving faster than the first book, when previously the consensus had been that it was moving slower! The slowness has been necessary — with the focus of Angleworm being more of an investigation and less a supernatural spook-em-up, the scares have given way to tension. It’s hard to maintain that, of course, when we all know Zane is innocent of this wrongdoing, right?

I always felt the pacing in Broodhollow was very slow as a whole, with sudden abrupt spikes of action, then back to a slow burn. Certainly didn't get the feeling Angleworm was faster than Curious Little Thing, though.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

That's a bit hosed up, doc.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"Purging the Psycholith" sounds like an amazing album.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Well now Wadsworth is getting serious.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Welcome back, forums. Have an update.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Why does this feel less like a nightmare and more like a premonition :ohdear:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
That really is an effectively sinister silhouette of Zane.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Holey poo poo

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a few more bodies than one would expect

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:stonklol:

I don't want to be on this ride anymore.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Wadsworth is actually a serial killer and broodhollow is his purgatory, like the island in Lost.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

drat, that's a big hole.

nimby posted:

Wadsworth is actually a serial killer and broodhollow is his purgatory, like the island in Lost.

I never watched lost until they came out with a version that explained what was actually happening, so I watched 3 minutes of that before I declared it to be stupid and walked away.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I just realized why Zane has backpain in his nightmare. He used to have it due to lugging around that big chest with encyclopaedia books. Nowadays he's using it to lug around corpses.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

JESUS

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WELL OKAY THEN

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:gonk: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

OK so something's inside Wadsworth. Maybe.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This is a food-induced nightmare. The logical conclusion is that they undercook their food and now Zane's got taenia.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The best part?

He's got no one to wake him up this time. :unsmigghh:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm sure this will turn out just fine, like the giant bat attack!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sometimes I have dreams where I'm trying to help people in distress but my (IRL badly injured) back gives out and my throat closes up so bad I can barely whisper so the last few strips are really making me :stonk:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

McSpanky posted:

Sometimes I have dreams where I'm trying to help people in distress but my (IRL badly injured) back gives out and my throat closes up so bad I can barely whisper so the last few strips are really making me :stonk:

Have you checked your spine for possession by evil ghosts?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

McSpanky posted:

Interesting. I recommend opening and closing your doors and drawers a few times after using them.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Well okay then that was definitely a thing to click this late at night :stonklol:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The penis is evil?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Ah, pelvic ghosts. Hate those things.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Don't scratch it, Wadsworth.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Oh, this does not look good for the Wadsworth Zane.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I would imagine he got that in the forest during his trip with Maris. He already forgot the gash on his head from the first book.

How you'd forget a gross likely painful open-looking wound like that on a daily basis I dunno; I mean the cut on his head at least had the benefit of having been healed.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
For some reason, I'm getting vibes of Courage the Cowardly Dog from this page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Good morning.

Something occurred to me, that's a bit 'unresolved' at the moment. Not really related to the newest strip, but certainly the current overall story arc.

Whatever happened to that writer guy? Did he just book it after the whole angry yelling about 'it was murder' thing, never to be seen again?

Did he actually do the deed, or is he like Zane and thinks he did. Maybe Zane found him, brought him along to help record what happened. An outsider that wouldn't forget. But he did. And upon leaving Broodhollow he looked at his notes, found out that he wrote things he doesn't remember writing. And it implies that he saw someone get killed. But it's just vague enough that it could imply he did the killing. Or maybe it implies Zane did the killing.

So he heads back into Broodhollow, with only a scant few details. One of them being a man with a pet bat.

• Locked thread