Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Liam Williams' friends and neighbors have just confirmed to the pub that he has never played Fly Half in his life :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fly half is easy, just inflate your ego and blame everything on the feed you get from the 9.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This is a rather fun test. Did not expect that.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Flip Van Der Dumbass
E: this is going to be a well deserved loss.

butros fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 21, 2014

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
I'm confused. Despite a wobble in the first half Wales seem to be playing with some composure. I'm not sure what to make of this...

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Make Alun Wyn Jones avatars!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It helps that the season is done, they can kill themselves without worry.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Every time I see a wide angle shot of Serfontein I have a sickening feeling that Zane Kirchener is back in the side.

e: Morne Steyn you can't attack the line, stop pretending you can.
e2: Yes Willie.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Only one welsh sub so far, they must be shattered.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Will Poite ironically be SA's saviour? :ohdear:

e: red card that. No attempt at arms, try was on.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
heartbreaking

butros
Aug 2, 2007

The controversial-est.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Classic Wales.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

butros posted:

Will Poite ironically be SA's saviour? :ohdear:

e: red card that. No attempt at arms, try was on.

Hardly ever see it given against fullbacks though...
We really need Halfpenny back.

goatface posted:

Classic Wales.

This.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
That is horrible for Wales, but I think it's the right call.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY DOES ANYONE EVER THINK THAT A DROP GOAL FROM HALFWAY EVER HAS A CHANCE IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Advantage Wales. Biggar lines up for a drop goal. Walsh shouts advantage over as he receives the ball :/

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They're going to do it again.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

stavros880 posted:

Hardly ever see it given against fullbacks though...

If he'd led with the other shoulder it'd possibly be a different story but that was a pretty clear shoulder charge, fullback corner-flagging or no.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Just tuned in to say, Lol Wales.

South Africa stole that match, but Liam Williams gave them the keys.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY DOES ANYONE EVER THINK THAT A DROP GOAL FROM HALFWAY EVER HAS A CHANCE IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY

He's not the smartest man.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

So. Ugly.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Wales deserved the loss for not one but two loving idiotic drop goals :colbert:

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
pulled the trigger on that too early. way too far out

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

butros posted:

If he'd led with the other shoulder it'd possibly be a different story but that was a pretty clear shoulder charge, fullback corner-flagging or no.

I think the elbow hitting the face made it look worse as well, was probably lucky not to get a yellow for that.
Drop goal from 30 metres does't work, so lets try from 50 instead. Idiots.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Does anyone want to swap countries? :{

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

goatface posted:

Classic Wales.

This.

If it was chance they would've won by now, Wales just don't believe they can win.
Probably more single point losses than any other nation by now.

Tragic Peculiar
May 22, 2008
Kickstarter to fund the assassination of key players of all the other teams in Pool A of next year's World Cup. I can't face Wales losing every game by a point and finishing bottom of the group.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

So funny.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Scotland is going to play Adam Ashe for Scotland vs South Africa.

Just for an FYI, Ashe hasn't played a single game for Glasgow Warriors as yet. He's getting a first cap for Scotland.

Blood for the blood god.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jun/25/owen-williams-neck-injury-cardiff-blues-wales-rugby-union

Not sounding good for Owen Williams :( Normally they would be releasing more information, but it took them at least a day or two before they even released a statement saying he was in hospital. Hopefully the club will stick by him and look after him.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

stavros880 posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jun/25/owen-williams-neck-injury-cardiff-blues-wales-rugby-union

Not sounding good for Owen Williams :( Normally they would be releasing more information, but it took them at least a day or two before they even released a statement saying he was in hospital. Hopefully the club will stick by him and look after him.

Sounds like a similar injury as happened to Tom Evans. Brutal injury and I hope that Owen makes a full recovery :(

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Get hosed crusaders.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Watching the Force-Blues game - are the Force so broke that the players have to bring their club socks or something? I'm seeing at least 5 different styles of socks on the Force players ... or am I going crazy?

(Then again I'm voluntarily watching a Force game, so make of that what you will.)

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

Thel posted:

Watching the Force-Blues game - are the Force so broke that the players have to bring their club socks or something? I'm seeing at least 5 different styles of socks on the Force players ... or am I going crazy?

(Then again I'm voluntarily watching a Force game, so make of that what you will.)

I heard the commentators mentions the socks thing - and it is definitely on purpose for this round.

ouch: yellow card against the Blues (although they are still leading 26 - 0 at this point).

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Getting loving mamalised here, which is not surprising given we're fielding youth. :stare:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Getting loving mamalised here, which is not surprising given we're fielding youth. :stare:

Seem to be doing okay in contact, occasionally driving SA back in the tackle and the scrum is holding up well but the SA backs are killing Scotland.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

I stand corrected. Scotland are still poo poo.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Vaders Jester posted:

I stand corrected. Scotland are still poo poo.

There was no way we were going to do any sort of damage to SA and the SRU were loving morons to make us play that 4th game. Most of the team is exhausted, injured and not there because they couldn't be released. We were literally playing a C team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm sure your A team would have fared much better.

• Locked thread