Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Apparently with the console division being merged with the handheld division they also hired a few guys who are aware America exists and buys more Nintendo poo poo than their homebase.

They also know what the internet is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
People like Fame Douglas who argue about Nintendo being for babies: this is what you sound like

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Excels posted:

People like Fame Douglas who argue about Nintendo being for babies: this is what you sound like

Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo are advertising on children's TV channels as well as to parents because they think of grown rear end adults as their main target audience.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

The Taint Reaper posted:

Apparently with the console division being merged with the handheld division they also hired a few guys who are aware America exists and buys more Nintendo poo poo than their homebase.

They also know what the internet is.

Pretty obvious they're going in the direction of a single portable console or something

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kewpuh posted:

Pretty obvious they're going in the direction of a single portable console or something

Then it would be like the Neo geo X or something. Where the handheld exists in a detachable console base that can be connected to your TV.

Either that or they go the Playstation 4/Vita route.

granted the Vita TV is considered a console and it's small. The Console base does not need to be a full sized console like the NGX for it to work.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

The year is 2025. I am being injected intravenously with cocaine and adrenaline as Mario in 4800p is projected directly into my eyeballs, streaming from my WiiDeSU.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Handhelds are pretty much dead. And a device that can work as a hybrid while still generating acceptable graphics for big TVs is tough to make cheap, which is the main thing a new Nintendo handheld needs to be.

Nintendo is done, sooner rather than later if they sink a huge amount of money into some stupid qol piece of poo poo.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Fame Douglas posted:

Handhelds are pretty much dead.

oh my god they are?! :eyepop:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You'll never be rid of physical media though. Any future system shall need to have cards/discs for a format.

If you're dropping 60 bucks, you might as well have a physical copy to act as a backup because poo poo can still be installed from a disc.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

TheEggsBenedict posted:

oh my god they are?! :eyepop:

they're just not a reasonable product. Im a smart business man who paid ten dollars to make fun of consoles so I know this. (also i've had sex - but my girlfriend is in Canada)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Handhelds are pretty much dead. And a device that can work as a hybrid while still generating acceptable graphics for big TVs is tough to make cheap, which is the main thing a new Nintendo handheld needs to be.

Nintendo is done, sooner rather than later if they sink a huge amount of money into some stupid qol piece of poo poo.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This product is quite reasonable as I can see

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

weasonabwel pwoducth

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

Stop celebrating your own idiot postings.

His schtick can be annoying at times, but right now he is killing it. Just accept defeat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
fame douglas thought he was king poo poo for a while in the xbone thread and his hubris has been his undoing

that and the thousands of dollars he spends on his brushed-aluminum fun box to make bars go up

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

the truth posted:

His schtick can be annoying at times, but right now he is killing it. Just accept defeat.

You're not telling the truth!

Oxxidation posted:

that and the thousands of dollars he spends on his brushed-aluminum fun box to make bars go up

More bars = more enjoyment

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

You're not telling the truth!

More bars = more enjoyment

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Anime Device posted:

I own my own car

I will too once I learn how to hotwire reliably.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo are advertising on children's TV channels as well as to parents because they think of grown rear end adults as their main target audience.

Wait... video games... marketed towards children? Shiiiiit... fuuuuck lol.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Video games are for responsible adults and are also art. Keep those babies away from my grown-up entertainment devices.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
hey guys just played some Mario on the Wii U with my FIANCEE and it was pretty fun.

Hope that helps.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
It is possible to both enjoy playing Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World and regularly have sex. Fame Douglas does neither

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wow. Not even close. Not even the right hemisphere. Heck, not even the right sexuality.

I live in Sydney, dumbfuck.

Though I guess I can't expect all that much brainpower from someone who thought it would be a good idea to buy a WiiU.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

No actually thats you

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Even in the unlikely event that its not you being australian is probably worse

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Wow. Not even close. Not even the right hemisphere. Heck, not even the right sexuality.

Though I guess I can't expect all that much brainpower from someone who thought it would be a good idea to buy a WiiU.

it is you man. You have the same name.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mario Maker & Mario Paint Bundle Please.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

Yeah they've all but explicitly said that their next console and handheld will have a unified development platform, but that might just mean a lot more cross-compatibility and releases that show up on both, not necessarily literally the same hardware.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yeah they've all but explicitly said that their next console and handheld will have a unified development platform, but that might just mean a lot more cross-compatibility and releases that show up on both, not necessarily literally the same hardware.

Yeah, hell, the WiiU gamepad can run games almost by itself, I reckon the next console will likely be something like that, a handheld that you can plug into a moniter and get a better resolution, more players etc.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Can a mod confirm at least hemisphere, maybe sexuality, via IP check please tia

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fame Douglas posted:

You never even attempted to deny being a virgin dude.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Austrian mook posted:

Yeah, hell, the WiiU gamepad can run games almost by itself, I reckon the next console will likely be something like that, a handheld that you can plug into a moniter and get a better resolution, more players etc.

That would actually be really cool, but it seems like it'd be pretty limited by the hardware since it'd be a portable mostly. That might be less of an issue since Nintendo doesn't really try to make cutting edge hardware, performance wise, though.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
man W101 is real good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the truth posted:

Can a mod confirm at least hemisphere, maybe sexuality, via IP check please tia
I can confirm his being a virgin: he posts exclusively in D&D and political comic strip threads

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Austrian mook posted:

man W101 is real good

It's really hard and I'm getting really mad at it, whatever this game is needs to click with me because I'm 4 missions in and I get my rear end kicked. It's obvious it's a good game though.

coma
Oct 21, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

lol your'e incredibly dumb

coma
Oct 21, 2010

coma
Oct 21, 2010

hey guys handhelds are preeeeeetty much dead even though they sell in the millions still and show no signs of stopping, and also, nintendo is somehow done even though they've got enough surplus saved up for 40 years of flops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coma
Oct 21, 2010

whats really sad is that you nerds' dumb opinions about putting mario on iphone for 1dollar and putting blood and tits and ken levine writing in zelda are so unjustifiably bad that you need to couch them in false 'business predictions' that are wildly untrue to anyone with 5 seconds to google it all out

coma fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jun 29, 2014

• Locked thread