Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Religious Man
Nov 28, 2010

Perfect God and Perfect Man

Broken Things posted:

Courtesy of Facebook. The shading is just lovely.

At least it's spelled correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VincentPrice
Jun 26, 2009

Popcyan posted:

Finally, a tattoo from Facebook terrible enough to post!

Beck Ruubabilly?

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

VincentPrice posted:

Beck Ruubabilly?

Live Bestiality.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Live Bestiality.

Lick Reality fully

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Inyl Avis?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

MrSmokes posted:

Inyl Avis?

Stay true, but upside down. It would be easy for him to read it, I guess.

Edit: autocorrect

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I don't get that hate on this one. It's obviously a message for himself.

Another goon parade of disbelief that someone might get a tattoo to look at themselves and not for other people.
(Slightly more understandable mockery then the 'upside down' forearm tattoos that usually spark the topic)

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Bombadilillo posted:

I don't get that hate on this one. It's obviously a message for himself.

Another goon parade of disbelief that someone might get a tattoo to look at themselves and not for other people.
(Slightly more understandable mockery then the 'upside down' forearm tattoos that usually spark the topic)

I think he gets bullied and they make him hit himself a lot.

:nws: http://imgur.com/cv7gMnD

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Yes, I've been submitting job applications, but no one is hiring. People are prejudiced against me because I express who I am.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Patchouli Patrol posted:

The following are selected tattoos, all from this one train wreck who used to date a friend of mine, all from Facebook.

Let's start with a thread favorite -- illegible ambigrams:

Ok, this is from two pages back, but I got the impression that your goons thought that these are the same tattoo. The top one says beautiful/misandry and the bottom one says sinner/saint, there are two tattoos here

twoday has a new favorite as of 14:16 on Jun 28, 2014

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Mandactyl posted:

I kind of want this now.

At least as a T-shirt.

I would buy that T-shirt.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Speleothing posted:

I would buy that T-shirt.

I also would buy that shirt.

The spider guy stretched out was bothering me so I fixed it. I think it looks awesome, especially the shadows under the legs, though it is also completely loving retarded.

Also, how are there SO many misspelled tattoos? Are that many people-artists and customers-illiterate? Artists are cruel and punishing customers? Or are the people like "well just write 'angel'" on my face I trust you :downs: without seeing it drawn on them first, or even drawn on paper?

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Jun 28, 2014

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Khazar-khum posted:

Yes, I've been submitting job applications, but no one is hiring. People are prejudiced against me because I express who I am.

Victim of the world's smallest facehugger? Never realized how serious an issue nasal rape really was.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

The spider guy stretched out was bothering me so I fixed it. I think it looks awesome, especially the shadows under the legs, though it is also completely loving retarded.

Also, how are there SO many misspelled tattoos? Are that many people-artists and customers-illiterate? Artists are cruel and punishing customers? Or are the people like "well just write 'angel'" on my face I trust you :downs: without seeing it drawn on them first, or even drawn on paper?

When I got my most recent tattoo, I asked the artist about this. Typically if someone brings in a design with a typo/spelling error they will point it out to the customer, and get subsequently shouted down that no, this is it, this is right, this is how they want it. So at least some artists try to save them.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thread title fits then.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
The first two times I got tattoos the apprentice who booked my appointments for me (at the shop) gave me a receipt that had the date/time as well as the general concept of the artwork written on it.

The first time he spelled "Sugar" as "Suger" and the second time he spelled "rabbit" as "rabit".

So it's not just the dumb customers.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

fullroundaction posted:

The first two times I got tattoos the apprentice who booked my appointments for me (at the shop) gave me a receipt that had the date/time as well as the general concept of the artwork written on it.

The first time he spelled "Sugar" as "Suger" and the second time he spelled "rabbit" as "rabit".

So it's not just the dumb customers.

Thread title still holds. Someone meant to spell it that way.

Ugh.

WTF?

Kind of cool concept. Both cats are chill about the whole thing.

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 18:48 on Jun 28, 2014

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013

I think it's a combination of the types of places that people with misspelled tattoos get their work done, someone that started tattooing with a kit off eBay in their mums kitchen probably isn't going to be too highly educated, also (anecdotal evidence) a lot of tattoo artists are dyslexic (out of all the artists I've been to, more than half have told me they are dyslexic, could just be a weird coincidence.
And a trend amongst people getting more "cliche" text tattoos, they tend to go into tattoo artists with a picture and say that they want EXACTLY that tattooed on them, as you see with the "lie's" tattoo. And I know that Miami Ink isn't a great place to draw information from, but in one of the episodes I have seen a guy wanted his nickname tattooed on him in a graffiti style that he had drawn himself. The tattooist made sure over and over that it was spelled right and the guy was like "I know how to spell my own name!" Then when it was done realised that he had misspelled it...

No picture, but I know someone that went on holiday, got drunk and got a watermelon slice tattooed on her arse. Not only did it cost her like €100 for a tattoo the size of a £2 coin, but since she couldn't do any of the snorkelling activities she had pre-paid for during the holiday due to her new tattoo, she lost out on like €500 in non-refundable snorkelling trips.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Why couldnt she snorkel? Worried about ruining her poo poo tattoo?

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Looks like a panel from a comic book or something. Just guessing here since I don't know the source, but it looks okay to me. Linework isn't poo poo, it's not an anthro MLP masturbating or some stupid poo poo, and it's not a horribly misspelled Twilight quote in nigh-unreadable font. I kinda like it.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Me too. Looks class.

Is Not Meat
Dec 26, 2010
It's big, busy, and a weird thing to commit an entire back to, but it doesn't belong here. Still, would look better as a t-shirt.

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013

Bombadilillo posted:

Why couldnt she snorkel? Worried about ruining her poo poo tattoo?

I'm not 100% sure, she just said they wouldn't let her.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
It came from Facebook (friend's half-sister's husband).

Buddha

IN GODS HAND'S

Can you believe he's got only one more session to finish it up?

Shouldn't it be men?

:D

FOR I RNOW…

Jesus christ I could keep going this guy's a goldmine.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Moobs

:D

Jesus, they couldn't get the paw prints going the right direction

canis minor
May 4, 2011

I'm hlad that I've seen this post, as I've been makinh a silly mistake of drawinh a letter wronh.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

eithedog posted:

I'm hlad that I've seen this post, as I've been makinh a silly mistake of drawinh a letter wronh.

Capital Gs in American cursive are actually written that way though.

Still terrible though.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Kind of cool concept. Both cats are chill about the whole thing.

This isn't even a tattoo, it's a painting. Also Horitomo rules.

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

It came from Facebook (friend's half-sister's husband).

Buddha

This could be saved by turning it into Shrek.

drunk
Jan 26, 2010

I used to hang out in tattoo shops a lot, and every place I've been incorporates the text and disclaimer as part of the paperwork. It usually says something like "write the text exactly as you want it to be tattooed" so the artist isn't liable. I remember when I got my EMS star of life on my sternum, it says "You'll be fine" and has V-fib going into asystole, and my friend/artist looked up "you'll" and kept asking me if it's right because she didn't want to screw up. So just become good friends with your artist and they won't screw you over. Or learn to spell, either one.

I had a friend who went with her friend to get a tattoo. My friend went to the bathroom and told her to wait until she got back before she wrote anything because she's dyslexic and her artist's first language wasn't English. Well, of course she didn't wait and wrote her tattoo wrong. She later had someone use saline to erase the error. I guess it worked OK, but was pretty painful.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

IN GODS HAND'S

I hate this guy so much.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Telemaze posted:

I hate this guy so much.

Should I post more

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus christ that guy literally has DD moobs.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

SodomyGoat101 posted:

Looks like a panel from a comic book or something. Just guessing here since I don't know the source, but it looks okay to me. Linework isn't poo poo, it's not an anthro MLP masturbating or some stupid poo poo, and it's not a horribly misspelled Twilight quote in nigh-unreadable font. I kinda like it.

I think it looks very well done and totally awesome. Shouldn't be in this thread at all.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Agreed. That's some goddamn art right there. I mean, it'll probably be perfect material for this thread in ten years, maybe a decade and a half, but until then? Doesn't fit in here at all.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Boris Galerkin posted:

Should I post more

Yes please.

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The hand on the right shoulder blade is really loving goofy looking:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Telemaze posted:

Yes please.

What's a Marjorie? It belongs to his guardian angel apparently.

F amily

This was a coverup. As in the dude saw this tattoo "artist" draw over his old lovely tattoo and said "yes yes that's better do it."

"Biomechanical"

The Joker

lovely tattoo and lovely lines

Yes that is Marilyn Monroe wearing Kobe's jersey

Ugh I can't look at this guy's Facebook anymore. I don't think he even works in a tattoo shop. Every single one of these pictures he's uploaded he says "text/call xxx.xxx.xxxx for work" and a lot of these pictures looks like they're just in a random living room. He's also very very very proud that all of these are done "freehand" whatever that means.

Boris Galerkin has a new favorite as of 14:56 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Boris Galerkin posted:

Yes that is Marilyn Monroe wearing Kobe's jersey

Marilyn seems to have a serious 5 o'clock shadow going on. And a barcode on her arse.

• Locked thread