Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Dave posted:

The biggest cock block was reaching level 8 and seeing that only 12% of players needed to unlock it have done so.

Now it appears to be gated by medals. I need 35 more medals, but only 22 are left in my game to earn. I guess they must have an expansion in the works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Tournament levels messes with the level unlock. It's not about medals.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Helmacron posted:

Get the double money thing. I'm sitting on $80,000+ and I wish I could just give it out to everyone to upgrade their poo poo so I could play level 8.

I make like, $4k every play through the weekend challenge level.

EDIT: $4500 that time.

Dude how the gently caress are you scoring 400k plus on the leaderboard. You must have the reflexes of a cat. 140k is my best so far. And gently caress level seven forever.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

monkeytennis posted:

Dude how the gently caress are you scoring 400k plus on the leaderboard. You must have the reflexes of a cat. 140k is my best so far. And gently caress level seven forever.

Having a fully upgraded ship helps a ton at taking down the waves of missile copters. I thought the same thing when I first started playing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hint: take your finger off if you are getting overwhelmed.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Changing the controls from the default also made things waaayyyy more manageable for me so the ship could be a good inch or so in front of my finger.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
In WoT what is the difference between effectiveness and firepower? I can't seem to find anything explaining it.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Adding dudes for Sky Force. I don't play many other games on iOS but I'm always looking for new ones. I'm omgitzrick.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I should have tried this earlier, but using a stylus has drastically improved my survival rate in Sky Force. The Adjonit stylus that I got for writing works great because it has a clear disc that lets you see exactly where the stylus is, but even the el cheapo rubber tip one makes a difference.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

rio posted:

I should have tried this earlier, but using a stylus has drastically improved my survival rate in Sky Force. The Adjonit stylus that I got for writing works great because it has a clear disc that lets you see exactly where the stylus is, but even the el cheapo rubber tip one makes a difference.

Oh now I feel like an idiot.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Protip on sky force for people looking for the IAP button- it doesn't show up until you have spent 1000 stars. When it does show up, its a small shopping cart in the top left on the ship upgrade screen. I also struggled with this. Also, please add me I'm woog315

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 29, 2014

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Jesus Sky Force is like crack. I played it until my battery went flat last night.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Sogol posted:

In WoT what is the difference between effectiveness and firepower? I can't seem to find anything explaining it.

One of them should be armor penetration, the other the HP damage your shot does when it penetrates armor. Based on their icons on the website I'd say firepower is the penetration stat.

E: Comparing the proper stats I think it's the other way around. Effectiveness is penetration, firepower is HP damage.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 29, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

SilverMike posted:

One of them should be armor penetration, the other the HP damage your shot does when it penetrates armor. Based on their icons on the website I'd say firepower is the penetration stat.

E: Comparing the proper stats I think it's the other way around. Effectiveness is penetration, firepower is HP damage.

Thanks. I finally figured out how to look at the gun stats. So if fighting lighter things firepower, but against heavies then effectiveness I guess.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Took a sky force break for some world of tanks. Holy hell it's bad and doubly bad if you have played it on the PC. Controls are poor, enemy tanks glitch around and aiming, lol.. Save yourself the 600 Meg download and stick to the PC game or get it (it's really good and free).

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
Occasionally Sky Force pushes a notification telling me that an upgrade's half off in the shop, but everything's its usual price when I check.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

Occasionally Sky Force pushes a notification telling me that an upgrade's half off in the shop, but everything's its usual price when I check.

This happens to me too.

McCrapShot
Dec 11, 2011
Started playing Skyforce but only have Tofu in leaderboard. Feel free to add McCrapShot if you want to add another name at the bottom. Though I do intend to clamber my way up eventually.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
I'm also playing Sky Force, please add FatsChicago

Also, how do you add people??

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Smoking_Dragon posted:

In Game Center, go to Friends and tap the + symbol. Enter the names we are leaving here, enter some witty text and there you go.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What was the verdict of the DQ8 port? I can't find it anymore.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Does battleheart use D-pad? Trying to find somewhat absorbing game that doesn't use it or isn't heavy on it if anyone can recommend one.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tai posted:

Does battleheart use D-pad? Trying to find somewhat absorbing game that doesn't use it or isn't heavy on it if anyone can recommend one.

No you tap to move or select enemies. When you get in range of an enemy your character will attack the targeted enemy automatically. Then click on your skill box to use them.

nucleicmaxid posted:

What was the verdict of the DQ8 port? I can't find it anymore.

I haven't played it but everyone that did gave it good reviews. Though it designed to be played with one hand (this is a huge selling point in japan), so it works better for the iPhone then it does the iPad.

Also the apple store's search is terrible, just use appshopper to find stuff.
http://appshopper.com/games/dragon-quest-viii

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 29, 2014

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Battleheart or DQ8 unless there's something better out there that's not D pad heavy. After an RPG/action/turn strat game that will suck me in for a couple of hours at a time before I realise what's happened and also the game will actually have content past more then 6 hours. I don't mind IAP's but I'm talking star force style IAP's rather then you need to pay other wise you can't progress unles you spend two months grinding or something daft. I have an iphone 4 so no fancy iphone 5s required games.

That warhammer fantasy turn game looks interesting but reviews are saying content is short and need to pay more for just another couple if hours.

Tai fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 29, 2014

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

cname posted:

What was everyone's breaking point in Trials Frontier? Not so much "at what point in the game" but more "What were the conditions? What were you supposed to do to complete the mission that made you quit the game?"

The only thing I can't stand is how they updated the slot machine, where two - symbols don't equal blank, anymore. You get 2 - symbols in a spin and it makes you earn gold, in order to spin again. So basically, two - symbols used to mean you'd just have to complete the level. Now it's like "WOAH HO HO! You're not gettin off that easy! You gotta get gold, with the shittiest bike, now!

It's kinda bullshit for me, right now. I'm still hangin in there, even though I just beat a mission where I had to grind 5 level 1 springs to fuse together in order to make a level 3 spring. (So far, I haven't unlocked any tracks that reward you with level 2 or 3 springs.)

Grinding probably won't cause me to quit, but if it ever gets to a point where the AI racer is 3x as good as you and impossible to beat without full upgrades, I'll probably throw in the towel.

My breaking point was the 3rd quest in a row that required rank 4 parts.

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Tai posted:

Battleheart or DQ8 unless there's something better out there that's not D pad heavy. After an RPG/action/turn strat game that will suck me in for a couple of hours at a time before I realise what's happened and also the game will actually have content past more then 6 hours. I don't mind IAP's but I'm talking star force style IAP's rather then you need to pay other wise you can't progress unles you spend two months grinding or something daft. I have an iphone 4 so no fancy iphone 5s required games.

That warhammer fantasy turn game looks interesting but reviews are saying content is short and need to pay more for just another couple if hours.

Strongly recommend Battleheart Legacy. No IAPs and a ton of variety to sink your teeth into. I didn't really like Warhammer Quest foe the reasons you referenced.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Smoking_Dragon posted:

Add me - porktree - And then all you lazy fucks need to play more because its on 15% od the way to level 8. Also, got funky, then Extraordinary, whats next?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Most of us havent even gotten past level 7 yet.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Heroes of Order and Chaos
Anyone play this MOBA?
Is there a thread for it? I just DLed it and it seems pretty decent.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Adding my name again for you elite sky force people.

Taitwo

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Please stop flitting over my wreck goons tia

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Two Sky Force things -- you need to be out of stars to upgrade your plane for the IAP menu to show up -- it's a small cart icon in the upgrades menu. Also -- try using the un-tapping slow-mo when things get crazy to plan out your next move.

vv The stranded little guys are a medal goal. I think the wrecks for other pilots might give you and them a star bonus.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 30, 2014

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
What does beaming those wrecks up do?

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

Bogart posted:

Two Sky Force things -- you need to be out of stars to upgrade your plane for the IAP menu to show up -- it's a small cart icon in the upgrades menu.

No, it shows up once you spend 1000 stars that you earned by playing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

tuyop posted:

What does beaming those wrecks up do?

I think it's just extra points.

In not Sky Force related posting, does anyone have any F2P RPGish energy timer type games that they would recommend? I'm thinking about picking another one up. So far the only ones that I've really been into are Defender of Texel, Marvel Puzzle Quest, and Marvel Avengers Alliance. Puzzles and Dragons and the handful of knockoffs I've tried never really clicked for me though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Jibo posted:

In not Sky Force related posting, does anyone have any F2P RPGish energy timer type games that they would recommend? I'm thinking about picking another one up. So far the only ones that I've really been into are Defender of Texel, Marvel Puzzle Quest, and Marvel Avengers Alliance. Puzzles and Dragons and the handful of knockoffs I've tried never really clicked for me though.

Your welcome to join us on the pocket knight thread. That game hands out premium currency like candy. And we got a goon guild and all that fun stuff. Just make sure to join the right server.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3607383&pagenumber=67&perpage=40

Edit: and we are pretty sure the best starter is Rhee, but talia is good too.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 30, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Jibo posted:

Dragon Poker
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3616006

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Jibo posted:

Brave Frontier? It's similar but a bit different and not a match 3.
http://appshopper.com/games/brave-frontier

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
on skyforce level 3, Is there some trick to rescuing the person in the boat near the start of the level or am I just missing another person somehow? I keep coming up 1 short, and I'm guessing its that little fucker in the boat

edit: v--- yup, he is. I just played through again and got all 16

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

greasyhands posted:

on skyforce level 3, Is there some trick to rescuing the person in the boat near the start of the level or am I just missing another person somehow? I keep coming up 1 short, and I'm guessing its that little fucker in the boat

Pretty sure he's dead. :ohdear:

• Locked thread