Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be victorious?
Netherlands and Costa Rica
Netherlands and Greece
Mexico and Costa Rica
Mexico and Greece
Football will be victorious
Football is dead
View Results

• Locked thread
dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Congrats to the Dutch on reaching the semis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Van Huntelaar

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I don't believe in karma but just in case I won't be making fun of Mexico yet.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

The Finn posted:

what game of thrones character is he most like

Garlan Tyrell.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

gently caress Emirates, fly KLM

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I hope someone breaks Robben's legs in the next match. Yes, both.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

SkyTeam is epic as fuk

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

The REAL Goobusters posted:

gently caress you all!

calm down puto

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Drogadon posted:

Don't worry no one will call you out on it as the only Mexican fan that posts on here is currently having a meltdown in the USMNT thread

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I am going out, hopefully Costa Rica can put down the perennially poo poo football of Greece.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

The Finn posted:

what game of thrones character is he most like

the mountain because he exploded mexico's latino hopes and dreams like it was pablo pascal's latino head

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Come on Greece, make us proud.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

roasted

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Spangly A posted:

probably had to pay Cannavaro and MoN a fair bit and find some wankers who'd do it for free. Andross Townsend.

he stood on his foot and brought him down, deal with it.

Yes it was also a dive but the two aren't exclusive.

This post needs to be quoted forever. It was a penalty and then Robben embellished it. Him being a terrible person and embellishing the foul doesn't suddenly make it not a foul. Still want to see a yellow card a piece on something like that but I know that it will never actually happen

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

mexicans are sore loser cunts and their soccer team has never even been better than loving middling. for instance the USA has been farther in the world cup than them. and mexico hosted it twice. mexico is a 4th world country lmao and there will be lots of burned cars and 3-4 deaths in LA tonight

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

gently caress mexico go costa rica

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

:drat::iceburn:

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

Drogadon posted:

Let's both root for Good Football my forums friend

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Spangly A posted:

probably had to pay Cannavaro and MoN a fair bit and find some wankers who'd do it for free. Andross Townsend.

he stood on his foot and brought him down, deal with it.

Yes it was also a dive but the two aren't exclusive.

The defenders foot is allowed to touch the attackers foot and doing so doesn't make it a foul. robben relaxed his leg to make sure there was more contact and then did some ballet to sell it to the ref. It was never a pen.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Random employees running corporate Twitter accounts and trolling people is one of the best things about Twitter. :allears:

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

vaginal culture posted:

mexicans are sore loser cunts and their soccer team has never even been better than loving middling. for instance the USA has been farther in the world cup than them. and mexico hosted it twice. mexico is a 4th world country lmao and there will be lots of burned cars and 3-4 deaths in LA tonight

Serious question, are you Mexican?

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Well deserved defeat for Mexico. Parking the buss for 40 minutes against Netherlands with a 1 goal lead is just insulting.

Mexico was a little tripping happy there for a while. They're lucky they only got one penalty.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

actionjackson posted:

Greece has a major fascist movement (Golden Dawn) but they have cool names and alphabet so

Human beings actually flourish under benign and tolerant brands of fascism, don't be put off by the name.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Drogadon posted:

So you're thinking about it?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Go Puerto Rico!

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
The one at the end of the first half was definitely a penalty, but I agree the one awarded was pretty soft. Either way, this was Mexicos game to lose, penalty or not once they let the Dutch basically control the game unfettered for like 30 minutes.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

stickyfngrdboy posted:

The defenders foot is allowed to touch the attackers foot and doing so doesn't make it a foul. robben relaxed his leg to make sure there was more contact and then did some ballet to sell it to the ref. It was never a pen.

source your quotes

I'm laughing at the idea of someone thinking that in less than a second Robben has worked out what's happening and relaxes his leg mid-turn to accentuate the contact, rather than a bloke running quite fast and turning and suddenly his foot is caught so he loses balance and then goes "welp, might as well" and flying through the air

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Tortilla Maker posted:

Serious question, are you Mexican?

no but some of my relatives and friends are and i once ate about 30 fish tacos in one sitting in ensenada

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

ArmZ posted:

gently caress mexico go costa rica

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Darth Windu posted:

Go Puerto Rico!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Robben should have his rear end kicked in an alley behind the stadium IMO

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Spangly A posted:

source your quotes

I'm laughing at the idea of someone thinking that in less than a second Robben has worked out what's happening and relaxes his leg mid-turn to accentuate the contact, rather than a bloke running quite fast and turning and suddenly his foot is caught so he loses balance and then goes "welp, might as well" and flying through the air

this all day

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

vaginal culture posted:

Did you see Chicharito in an interview said "AIDS is a gay disease?" ugh.

At least my Liverpool side only bites people and plays terribly at the World Cup. :smugdog:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Darth Windu posted:

Go Puerto Rico!

Or as the American say: PORTO RICO

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

So... more like Mexican'ts?

Eh? Eh?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Robben dove because he was pissed the ref didn't call the penalty on him in the first half. It's perfectly respectable tbh.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

actionjackson posted:

Greece has a major fascist movement (Golden Dawn) and they have cool names and alphabet so

Fascism is good op. And cool.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Hoping Celso scores today. He really deserves it.

Maradonna Summer posted:

Let's both root for Good Football my forums friend

Let's. Go good football!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Hahahaha holy poo poo

• Locked thread