Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be victorious?
Netherlands and Costa Rica
Netherlands and Greece
Mexico and Costa Rica
Mexico and Greece
Football will be victorious
Football is dead
View Results

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

What's funny is that Puerto Rico doesn't watch soccer at all, they are dumb idiot fuckers who watch baseball and wrestling and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Robben just admitted to taking a dive.

In the first half. :getin:

Tsuru
May 12, 2008

80085 posted:

Are we also forgetting that Holland had a penalty at the end of the first half that wasn't called
Sum total of penalties called and awarded during this game is satisfied.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

The defenders foot is allowed to touch the attackers foot and doing so doesn't make it a foul. robben relaxed his leg to make sure there was more contact and then did some ballet to sell it to the ref. It was never a pen.

I think you'll find that it was indeed a penalty and that Klaas-Jan Huntelaar actually scored a goal on it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Mexico, nation of pathetically bad losers and amazing goalies, we salute you.

Now get your bags and get the gently caress outta here.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Spangly A posted:

source your quotes

I'm laughing at the idea of someone thinking that in less than a second Robben has worked out what's happening and relaxes his leg mid-turn to accentuate the contact, rather than a bloke running quite fast and turning and suddenly his foot is caught so he loses balance and then goes "welp, might as well" and flying through the air

Hmmm I wonder if the world's most successful diving oval office knows exactly what to do to win himself a pen as soon as the opportunity arises, probably not fuckin lol

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

80085 posted:

Robben dove because he was pissed the ref didn't call the penalty on him in the first half. It's perfectly respectable tbh.

That and the Mexican stomped his foot when he was leaping, no way he'd remain standing after that.

malder
Feb 7, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm the flagpole

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Got my tifo ready:

Concept by my buddy kyros

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

XyrlocShammypants posted:

What's funny is that Puerto Rico doesn't watch soccer at all, they are dumb idiot fuckers who watch baseball and wrestling and poo poo

Sorry I'm a dumb idiot fucker from Puerto Rico watching this World Cup please check your idiot fucker privileges

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

Mexico, nation of pathetically bad losers and amazing goalies, we salute you.

Now get your bags and get the gently caress outta here.

Indeed.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Maoist Pussy posted:

Human beings actually flourish under benign and tolerant brands of fascism, don't be put off by the name.

Works for the America aka United States of LOL-labor laws and health insurance

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Hmmm I wonder if the world's most successful diving oval office knows exactly what to do to win himself a pen as soon as the opportunity arises, probably not fuckin lol

you do realise that the replays are slowed down and it didn't actually happen at that speed right?

Robben knows exactly how to fly through the air, I'm allowing that because most players when actually fouled take much longer to gracefully arc but ffs man his foot was being stood on by a fat mexican, you try turning and running in that situation. It doesn't work.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

didnt hitler consider the greek to be worse than subhuman

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013

malder posted:

I'm the flagpole

Someone photoshop the mexican flag into that please thanks love you guys.

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

malder posted:

I'm the flagpole

lets see if costa rica or greece match such pitch equipment abuse

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

:eyepop:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

anyone got a gif of the foul on robben there??

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Gusano posted:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

babypolis posted:

didnt hitler consider the greek to be worse than subhuman

yes you see the golden dawn's symbol is completely different from the swastika and totally not related to nazism because of the folliwing reasons furthermiore

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

unlawfulsoup posted:

I am going out, hopefully Costa Rica can put down the perennially poo poo football of Greece.

Andy Zaltzman calls it here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2014/jun/28/world-cup-show-2014-day-18-previews-video

Greece must go out for the good of football. Go Ticos!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

spankmeister posted:

yes you see the golden dawn's symbol is completely different from the swastika and totally not related to nazism because of the folliwing reasons furthermiore
And the color scheme is a total coincidence swear to god

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Spangly A posted:

you do realise that the replays are slowed down and it didn't actually happen at that speed right?

Robben knows exactly how to fly through the air, I'm allowing that because most players when actually fouled take much longer to gracefully arc but ffs man his foot was being stood on by a fat mexican, you try turning and running in that situation. It doesn't work.

You're an idiot, op, a magnificent loving idiot. I'd say I can't believe you're taking about the same incident I'm talking about but it's you, lol

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Gusano posted:

I need this. For Facebook reasons

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You're an idiot, op, a magnificent loving idiot. I'd say I can't believe you're taking about the same incident I'm talking about but it's you, lol

nice meltdown

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
This ESPN segment with the dudes arguing about the penalty is super awkward. I really feel like I'm watching people arguing on the internet on my TV.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I made this lovely gif for you guys

Lmao at the flag snaping back

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
We are all Golden Dawn fans here. Sure they say some bad words from time to time, but have you seen the physiques? These guys lift. The leader of Golden Dawn will soon ride into Constantinople on a white horse, shirtless, with fairly big traps having really focused on isolating them and getting a good pump.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Btw natural motion slowed down still looks like natural motion, and funnily enough unnatural motion looks equally unnatural when that's slowed down, too! hth yw

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

rejutka posted:

gently caress Emirates, fly KLM

is air france klm bankrupt yet

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

jian ghomeshi had an amazing video just now on CBC

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Mexican team played p good, Mexican fans and their homophobic bullshit can go straight to hell. ORANJE!

seriously that 'puto' poo poo is impossible to unhear once you hear it and boy is it in poo poo taste. way to act like a bunch of 12 year old boys, Mexico.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

80085 posted:

Robben dove because he was pissed the ref didn't call the penalty on him in the first half. It's perfectly respectable tbh.

He's a bitch op

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

VisAbsoluta posted:

flag was diving

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Btw natural motion slowed down still looks like natural motion, and funnily enough unnatural motion looks equally unnatural when that's slowed down, too! hth yw

go on

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

VisAbsoluta posted:

Nice form on that jump kick.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
i'm sorry to all those mexico fans out there. that was some bullshit.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

VisAbsoluta posted:

a good gif imo 8/10

i see a long career in front of you

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

vaginal culture posted:

We are all Golden Dawn fans here. Sure they say some bad words from time to time, but have you seen the physiques? These guys lift. The leader of Golden Dawn will soon ride into Constantinople on a white horse, shirtless, with fairly big traps having really focused on isolating them and getting a good pump.

traps are tough op i'm interested to see this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

vaginal culture posted:

Ummmm read your medieval mythology, the Marble King who is sleeping beneath the Hagia Sophia and will awaken soon and the streets of Constantinople will run red with blood

• Locked thread