Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be victorious?
Netherlands and Costa Rica
Netherlands and Greece
Mexico and Costa Rica
Mexico and Greece
Football will be victorious
Football is dead
View Results

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
You have to respect Greece, they have a bunch of poo poo players but with their style they have won things, in the last decade even, unlike that country who claims to have invented football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

Reminder - this lady was persecuted for supporting greek fascism.

so this is how democracy dies, not with a boom but with a nipple.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

ephex posted:

So you didn't meet the president of Mexico

when I go to Munich I'm going to gently caress you up

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

its greek to me op

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

El Hefe posted:

You have to respect Greece, they have a bunch of poo poo players but with their style they have won things, in the last decade even, unlike that country who claims to have invented football.

China won a poo poo ton of gold medals, though.

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:

El Hefe posted:

This but the USA.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Karagounis looks like a manly version of Leighton Baines

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

Mr. Mambold posted:

I cjkfuking hope this is true op.

it is and i genuinely don't understand the "hurrr greece are gonna park the bus like always" realposts cause the last time greece parked the bus after winning the 2004 euro was in 2006 and 2008 and after it failed miserably and Santos took over the team, he made a huge effort (and succeeded imo) to move away from Rehaggel's defensive tactics and to mold a more offensive-minded team

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Maradonna Summer posted:

it is and i genuinely don't understand the "hurrr greece are gonna park the bus like always" realposts cause the last time greece parked the bus after winning the 2004 euro was in 2006 and 2008 and after it failed miserably and Santos took over the team, he made a huge effort (and succeeded imo) to move away from Rehaggel's defensive tactics and to mold a more offensive-minded team

You honestly believe this. D:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Greek talent Giorgos Samaras will score One (1) gol

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

unlawfulsoup posted:

You honestly believe this. D:

i do, i'm not saying we're the most aggressive, offensive team in the world, I'm just saying we're vastly improved in terms of attack in comparison to 2004

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Weaponized Cum posted:

when I go to Munich I'm going to gently caress you up

I'll drown you in proper beer and we'll hug and kiss

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

I saw on the internet that the Greek coach's contract ends tomorrow. Prescient.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

why are you quoting yourself on a post with a gay game of throne reference

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Maradonna Summer posted:

i do, i'm not saying we're the most aggressive, offensive team in the world, I'm just saying we're vastly improved in terms of attack in comparison to 2004

11-0-0 vs. 10-1-0

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Wish I was at a FIFA fan fest on a beach somewhere...i just made a smoothie

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Elliptical Dick posted:

11-0-0 vs. 10-1-0

lol

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Elliptical Dick posted:

11-0-0 vs. 10-1-0

glib bullshit

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

ephex posted:

Karagounis looks like a manly version of Leighton Baines

Is he really old now? I feel like he's been "playing" forever.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
I would like Costa Rica to score many goals.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Maradonna Summer posted:

But that poo poo owned because they won with it and it made absolutely everybody angry.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Pawn 17 posted:

Amazing.

All the constant diving and pretending to be hurt is why no Americans watch soccer. The Dutch won not with their footballing skills, but rather with their theatrical skills.

perfect

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Put some money on the Greeks, they're gonna smash it. Fascism ftw

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
I'm really torn because I want Colombia to win but I once had a Greek professor who was the bee's knees and so I imagine all middle-aged Greeks to be awesome folks.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

But that poo poo owned because they won with it and it made absolutely everybody angry.

it was funny once tbh

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

dkj posted:

Is he really old now? I feel like he's been "playing" forever.
Hasn't he been playing for the Greek NT for more than 15 years?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maradonna Summer posted:

yeah you went from zero goals scored in a world cup to 2, that's pretty impressive.

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Mans posted:

yeah you went from zero goals scored in a world cup to 2, that's pretty impressive.

4 atm

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I'm really torn because I want Colombia to win but I once had a Greek professor who was the bee's knees and so I imagine all middle-aged Greeks to be awesome folks.

Erm

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm supporting Greece for the pubbie tears ftw mmmm I can taste the tears already they're delicious

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Maradonna Summer posted:

*sees a Greek player in the oppositions half*
"... Footballos totalikos... "

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Tetrix posted:

I saw on the internet that the Greek coach's contract ends tomorrow. Prescient.

Football contracts almost always have a cut-off at the end of June. That's how business is done in Europe at least.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtW58xvv2Q

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Every time I see the Costa Rican football federation patch, all I can think about is the poster for vertigo.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I think the truth is that a lot of us were fine with 2004 cup win because gently caress Portugal and okay plucky Greece sneaks one by the big boys. At this point though it is just tiresome, but hey maybe Greece will prove me wrong (doubt it).

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
The GMNT apparently told the president they want all their bonuses to go to a new training ground

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
If Greeks win the WC it will be a stick in the eye of Germany and further proof that Greek Football (anti-football) is the way forward.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
I hope Costa Rica score 9000 goals

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
ffs greek anthem sounds like something from a circus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Maradonna Summer posted:

All cretans are liars.

• Locked thread