Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be victorious?
Netherlands and Costa Rica
Netherlands and Greece
Mexico and Costa Rica
Mexico and Greece
Football will be victorious
Football is dead
View Results

• Locked thread
ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What happen if both teams miss all 5 pens?

Sudden death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What a loving effort by Costa Rica.

They should win after Greece couldn't score that 5 on 2. Shameful.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No one in that pitch wants to play anymore.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
greece should just be disqualified regardless of the result here imo

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Greece will win

.....the World Cup.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

eviljelly posted:

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
if greeks win it'll be undeserved

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Greece really suck at the kicking part of this sport

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I think if the Greeks were rightly able to call up some Macedonians (Greek province btw) they would have won in regulation.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Mexico are killing themselves right now. All they had to do was hold out for 5 more minutes and all they would have had to do was murder one of these chump teams for a place in a World Cup semi...

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
greece broke with 5 on 2 and still hosed it up, theyre gonna win on pens to troll everyone and its gonna be ace

i hope they win 1-0 on penos

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Costa Ricans are all almost dead. Maybe the coach and trainers can take the penalties.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Recursive posted:

:siren: Ultimate Football Drama :siren:
But it's not an English Premier League game so how can this be true?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
This match bored me.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Tortuga posted:

Fulham still have Ruiz, right?

Yes, he's been on loan at PSV but is still our player.

Mitroglou, Karagounis and Ruiz are all Fulham. None of them will be there in two months I bet.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Greece will win..

...a plane ticket home

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MY BODY IS READY

Lol Greek coach got tossed

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R. Mute posted:

my commentator is literally mocking everyone on the field now

Good. He's right.

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

R. Mute posted:

my commentator is literally mocking everyone on the field now

"Mitroglu looks like a player who knows that the goal is somewhere between the two corner posts."

It was better at half time when the commentator was literally laughing at them and saying they were playing for penalties.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Greek coach got sent off and is still hanging around. Nobody gives a poo poo anymore

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
haha Greek manager being hosed out of it by the ref

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
All of the European teams who Greece qualified at the expense of should be loving ashamed

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

this shootout might be worse than Sunderland-Man United

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Blackbeard vs. ???

IM A human being

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
if I had to face keylor in penos I'd poo poo myself so hard that it'd prolapse my anus into the world's largest rosebud

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lol gently caress greece

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm sad that I am 24 and will watch many more world cups because none will ever live up to this and my kids will think I am old + dumb when I tell them that 2014 was the best

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Can't wait for 30 minutes of penalty kicks.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
pens for the pen god

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Costa Rica are heroes.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

tbp posted:

imaging a world where you aren't a huge fgt is just as impossible lol

i hate him, he's a fgt which i dont use as a pejorative against peoples sexuality, but against people who acts like F*gs

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What a loving effort by Costa Rica.

They should win after Greece couldn't score that 5 on 2. Shameful.

that was loving hilariously bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dkj posted:

Costa Ricans are all almost dead. Maybe the coach and trainers can take the penalties.

The goalkeeper is literally a corpse held up by strings at this point, right?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

cant wait to read "HOLY gently caress" over and over again. pens owns

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i really dont think campbell should take a penalty

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

julian assflange posted:

haha Greek manager being hosed out of it by the ref

Was he just asking his players who wants to take a PK?

Calidar
Mar 23, 2014
Greece win this 4:3 cos they're jammy gits.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Greeks thought it was "penis" round so they didn't play as hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

lol greek coach sent off, its ok his contract is over tomorrow anyway

• Locked thread