Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WarLocke posted:

Granted, it assumes you saw the appropriate Arrow episodes...

That won't be a problem!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53686

The CW is putting a lot of faith on Flash and they will be airing Barry's episodes a week before the series premiere and once again after the premiere.

:flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
plus hes always late

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
That pilot is bananas, and I urge everyone that hasn't seen it to not watch it. It's just going to make you want to see a new episode immediately.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
LET ME GIVE YOU LIFE ADVICE BARRY

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
That Star labs technician was kinda annoying, but other than that I thought it was a good episode. I like when a show gets right to the point, instead of dragging out the story.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

It may have just been the bad quality, but there's a lot of nice retro styling to The Flash. At times it looks almost like Lois and Clark from the mid 90s, but I mean that in a GOOD way.

Its also hilarious that they're not even going to try and make Central City look all that different Star City. They're basically lighting Vancouver in a slightly different way and calling it a day - which is probably the smarter choice anyway. Much happier to see the show's budget go towards the CGI.

I don't want to get into spoilery discussion about the last little nugget of information thrown to us in the pilot, but I'm kinda surprised at how insider baseball it is. I'm all for geektastic and DC comics references, but I can't imagine any non-DC fans gleaming much of anything from that scene.

On the plus side, Gustin's goddamn perfect. I instantly like most of the casting, and particularly enjoy that the script really focused on how Flash is going to be a different series than Arrow.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Boogaleeboo posted:

That pilot is bananas, and I urge everyone that hasn't seen it to not watch it. It's just going to make you want to see a new episode immediately.

Follow this advice. I'm glad I got to watch it, but drat is this going to be a long wait. I haven't been excited about a TV lineup in a long time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
100% agree

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

And to think the same network that gave us the abortion of Smallville now has a great superhero show in Arrow and the makings of another with Flash.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Bad Moon posted:

LET ME GIVE YOU LIFE ADVICE BARRY

It's been a long time since I saw captain Bubblebeard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did something change where it's suddenly cool to talk about watching something we illegally downloaded? I mean, wasn't this bannable? If not, that's cool and I guess I'll join in but I really thought this wasn't okay here.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Rhyno posted:

Did something change where it's suddenly cool to talk about watching something we illegally downloaded? I mean, wasn't this bannable? If not, that's cool and I guess I'll join in but I really thought this wasn't okay here.

It's on youtube...

EIT: I mean that's how I watched it, but it appears my link is dead now LOL

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LorneReams posted:

It's on youtube...

EIT: I mean that's how I watched it, but it appears my link is dead now LOL

Illegal stuff goes up on Youtube all the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The rule for things that don't cost money is generally that they don't care as long as you don't tell people where to do it. Or in the case of the sports forum that it's totally okay to post pirate streams for some reason. Mod discretion I guess.

Lowtax doesn't actually care if you pirate things, he just doesn't want the RIAA, MPAA, etc. to go after him about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

The rule for things that don't cost money is generally that they don't care as long as you don't tell people where to do it. Or in the case of the sports forum that it's totally okay to post pirate streams for some reason. Mod discretion I guess.

Lowtax doesn't actually care if you pirate things, he just doesn't want the RIAA, MPAA, etc. to go after him about it.

Posters in BSS got probated at one point for discussing DC animated films weeks prior to their release. I guess it is just up to the mods then.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Rhyno posted:

Posters in BSS got probated at one point for discussing DC animated films weeks prior to their release. I guess it is just up to the mods then.

Where those public network broadcast?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LorneReams posted:

Where those public network broadcast?

Are we really going to argue the degree of illegality here? I just want Deadpool to weigh in.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah that was my understanding, just don't post links or otherwise point people to where they can do it.

I think so far the only things we were told not to do here thus far regarding the Flash was to post spoilers (even with tags) or start a thread for the show before the premiere which is why we're posting about it here in its big brother's thread where it's somewhat related.

If anything we're here doing exactly what the network wants us to do, getting hyped and spreading the word.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Rhyno posted:

Are we really going to argue the degree of illegality here? I just want Deadpool to weigh in.

I was just answering your question on what the difference was, not making a judgment one way or another.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LorneReams posted:

I was just answering your question on what the difference was, not making a judgment one way or another.

Well no, they don't initially televise them. But screeners usually have a watermark that states that by having it in your possession you're breaking the law.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I already weighed in. You can talk about your impressions of the pilot but no spoilers. And for goddamn sure no links to it.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Deadpool posted:

I already weighed in. You can talk about your impressions of the pilot but no spoilers. And for goddamn sure no links to it.

Can we spoiler tag? I'd really like to know what was up with that ending from someone more comic-knowledgable.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

WarLocke posted:

This is like the day after he wakes up from the coma though. There's no reason they can't say that that's not his top speed. Although I'd bet on it being some sort of climactic moment when he discovers/manages to break the sound barrier.

The moment the Speed Force is mentioned on the show, they'll make him run as fast as they want.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ville Valo posted:

Can we spoiler tag? I'd really like to know what was up with that ending from someone more comic-knowledgable.

BSS is the place you want to go for that. We try to keep most comic chat out of this thread anyway.

Here's the BSS TV Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574760

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Ville Valo posted:

Season 1+?

Have not watched it, do not know that much.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I watched the Flash pilot. I deem it acceptable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well since we can talk about illegally downloaded shows, the Constantine pilot has also leaked.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Well since we can talk about illegally downloaded shows, the Constantine pilot has also leaked.

That has nothing to do with this thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

That has nothing to do with this thread.

Yeah it's not like they're totally both comic book shows or anything.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Yeah it's not like they're totally both comic book shows or anything.

This isn't a comic book show thread. It's an Arrow thread. And Arrow was in the Flash pilot. Therefore it was relevant. Let me know if Ollie shows up in Constantine then it'll be relevant.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Deadpool posted:

This isn't a comic book show thread. It's an Arrow thread. And Arrow was in the Flash pilot. Therefore it was relevant. Let me know if Ollie shows up in Constantine then it'll be relevant.

This would honestly give me enough reason to watch Constantine.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I would watch the gently caress out of a Constanqueen teamup show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
you need a reason?

up your SSRI dose man. it's not working.

Cleary the best looking pilot of the year.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Am I a bad person for thinking the Constantine movie is good?

"Best pilot of the year" is some faint high praise I think. When does it officially air, anyway?

e: maybe i shoudnt contribute to the constantine derail

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Last derail. Yes you're evil and sad for liking the movie.

and i said best looking pilot.
Your loss though.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I would watch it if Oliver Queen shot the Devil in the face with an arrow made from the True Cross then did a back flip off a roof top to fly away on a cherubs back.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

I would watch it if Oliver Queen shot the Devil in the face with an arrow made from the True Cross then did a back flip off a roof top to fly away on a cherubs back.

I have good news about season four...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

quote:

‘Member the “Seth” guy I told you about a couple of weeks ago? Well, the casting for that role has since been tweaked, and he is now described as a “shade of a man” with a quiet intensity, a “criminal mastermind who whistles classical music” as he goes about his devious business. There’s also talk of him having “reptilian eyes.” Whomever he is, he will be the Big Bad for the season opener.

Music Meister confirmed!!!!

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

zoux posted:

Music Meister confirmed!!!!

I was hoping they would get NPH because his other sitcom ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
The Shade is awesome.

• Locked thread