Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Holy poo poo that bike is amazing. :stare:

Studio Ghibli cosplay picture dump:
My Neighbor Totoro

Spirited Away

Princess Mononoke

Kiki's Delivery Service

Porco Rosso

Arrietty

Howl's Moving Castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

malal posted:

I can't wait to see it! Judging from your other builds it should be a show stopper. And before you start firing bolter rounds in my direction, can I at least finish the dakka cannons first?!?

Oh jeez, thanks :3: I suppose I'll allow it, it's definitely Imperial style to fight fair, right...?

Hopefully this isn't weird but do you ever go to conventions or anything in the midwest area? We could do the best photoshoot of all time. My group this year should be me as a canoness, my husband as a tech priest, and my 2 besties as a Sister Hospitaller and heavy armor Inquisitor. 40k is my absolute favorite thing to cosplay from, I'm so excited!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
That ork bike owns so loving hard.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
We did our first Daft Punk photo shoot last Sunday:

I only lost one finger plate on location, so that makes it a success overall :)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That costume looks like it could also be easily modified into President Business.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

muscles like this? posted:

That costume looks like it could also be easily modified into President Business.

Or the "IGNORE ME!" guy from Venture Bros.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

New Leaf posted:

Or the "IGNORE ME!" guy from Venture Bros.

There is a picture or two somewhere from the Denver Comic Con with both of these guys together.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Funhilde posted:

There is a picture or two somewhere from the Denver Comic Con with both of these guys together.

The Grand Space Inquisitor was definitely there:

... but I haven't found that photo of them together yet.

I love how Galactus was photobombing people all the way over on the other side of the con:

There were a bunch of other cosplayers on stilts as well so I guess Big Costumes are a growing trend.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Hremsfeld posted:

It's not red though, so obviously it doesn't go fast. :colbert:

(Seriously though, that's awesome.)

Rust is red.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

The Calgary Comic Expo took place in late April, but I figure better late than never:

Princess Bubblegum & Lumpy Space Princess.

Link wearing his Zora Tunic.

Captain America, soldiering through the winter. :laugh:

This picture doesn't do this Gozer justice. She looked bang on. Probably my favorite of the con.

Napoleon Dynamite.

Xenomorphs. Father and son I think. I giggled whenever people posed to take a picture with them and touched their helmets.

A beholder. This thing took up the whole alley wherever it went.

Judge Dredd. This guy must have been really disappointed after Karl Urban canceled...

And here I am as everyone's favorite space horse. This was the day after they announced that all Extended Universe was officially non-cannon, so this was a tribute of sorts. I couldn't see a drat thing, but everywhere I went I could hear people bursting into laughter and reading my sign out loud. Whenever someone asked who I was I'd happily open my sign and present them with a printoff of the Wookieepedia page.

A few more pics here.

Capitalist Swine
Jun 26, 2014

Oh this looks like an epic slasher film in the making.....from the producers of "Scream" comes the new film....."Blind Mice" three times the horror coming this fall..

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pony Khil posted:

Oh this looks like an epic slasher film in the making.....from the producers of "Scream" comes the new film....."Blind Mice" three times the horror coming this fall..

I can already tell you're going to go on to do great things here, friend

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pony Khil posted:

See how they run!

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Tomero_the_Great posted:

And here I am as everyone's favorite space horse. This was the day after they announced that all Extended Universe was officially non-cannon, so this was a tribute of sorts. I couldn't see a drat thing, but everywhere I went I could hear people bursting into laughter and reading my sign out loud. Whenever someone asked who I was I'd happily open my sign and present them with a printoff of the Wookieepedia page.

Losing my poo poo, Runt is the best space horse ever :allears: I know it's basically impossible to talk to people in those masks but please tell me when you did you referred to yourself in the plural.

Capitalist Swine
Jun 26, 2014

Thankyou Alouicious, I do try. Gorilla Salad I do believe you have something there.."See how they run", could be this decades "In space no one can hear you scream"

But back to Cosplay, I liked the garbage bag-esk Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mr Bay should have cast them for his movie rathar than have Enphialtes from 300 play all four turtles...hopefully Megan Fox's behind can save the movie.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Traxus IV posted:

Losing my poo poo, Runt is the best space horse ever :allears: I know it's basically impossible to talk to people in those masks but please tell me when you did you referred to yourself in the plural.

I can assure you that when I mimed, I mimed in plural.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

jfc, i lurk in this thread all the time and are we allowed to lol in pyf? because lol, this is the best. sorry i don't have pics or something to say for content.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

brick cow posted:

jfc, i lurk in this thread all the time and are we allowed to lol in pyf? because lol, this is the best. sorry i don't have pics or something to say for content.

This is the weirdest post.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Does this count

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Monicro posted:

Does this count

I love it.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

My :effort: Gene for NYCC 2013! I was the only Gene in the burger suit. Loren Bouchard sent a Louise to find me so he could take a picture. :kimchi:

Here's the bun looking a little less deflated the night before the con:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

And an Attack on Titan ballgown:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Brilliant.

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!

Now I want a ballgown for cosplaying Quint from Jaws.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ninja Gamer posted:

Now I want a ballgown for cosplaying Quint from Jaws.

Closest I could find:

Here's some other Jaws cosplay

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

My life has meaning!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Impressive, that wig is almost as bad as the one on the actual show.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I guess if you already look like Maisie Williams there's only one character you could really cosplay as.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

King Vidiot posted:

I guess if you already look like Maisie Williams there's only one character you could really cosplay as.

If you've got it, flaunt it

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

That's pretty great.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Excuse my crappy phone, but I had to take a pic of this guy, cosplayed as Inumuta from Kill la Kill:

I was also cosplaying as a JoJo, but i fear that the quality of my costume isn't good enough for this thread :v:

5er
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

This one totally made my day.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oh wow!

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:

That's Maureen Ponderosa on the right. Wow.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

If you've got it, flaunt it

That owns. Wow.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

legendsuper posted:

I was also cosplaying as a JoJo, but i fear that the quality of my costume isn't good enough for this thread :v:

:justpost:

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

whatshesaid posted:

That's Maureen Ponderosa on the right. Wow.

Confused until I realized I was thinking of Margaret McPoyle.

For content:

Their mom was running around as Donna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
What's is this supposed to be?

• Locked thread