Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Shakespeare was fairly progressive ... for his time. People don't criticize his work just because he was a white male.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

KoldPT posted:

Not a photoshop.

Yeah I called him grandpa for being so stupid and behind the times and then someone tried to insinuate I was being ageist and called me a bigot.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I think we need a :tumblr: emote

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You guys realize Tumblr is mostly misguided teenagers / 20-somethings who haven't matured? I think we should take pity on them. They'll hopefully grow out of it once life takes a poo poo down their throats.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

You guys realize Tumblr is mostly misguided teenagers / 20-somethings who haven't matured? I think we should take pity on them. They'll hopefully grow out of it once life takes a poo poo down their throats.

We're just helping advance that hope. By making GBS threads down their throats.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SodomyGoat101 posted:

This.

I wish someone had mocked me more for being a retarded teenager, tbf

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SodomyGoat101 posted:

We're really just making GBS threads on the floor and rolling in it while muttering about kids these days.

Instead of doing that, let's laugh at some rear end in a top hat giving their child several horrible toxins to cure them of a mystery illness!

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

We're really just making GBS threads on the floor and rolling in it while muttering about kids these days.

Instead of doing that, let's laugh at some rear end in a top hat giving their child several horrible toxins to cure them of a mystery illness!

If you know this person, call CPS.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Orgophlax posted:

If you know this person, call CPS.

If I did, I would. Unfortunately, it just got shared to me.

Edit: For the sake of everyone's peace-of-mind, the mother has apparently taken her child to the ER.

Arsonist Daria has a new favorite as of 16:52 on Jun 30, 2014

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I'd be pretty frustrated too if I was dying. "Ah, nuts."

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

The problem with "they're just harmless teens being teens!" is that if nobody corrects them on their bullshit, they'll just keep believing it.

Alternative answer: so what if they're harmless teens being teens? They're still fun to laugh at. The alleged fact that their toxicity doesn't extend beyond the Internet gives us even more reason to safely laugh at their dumb antics. We make fun of moms loving over their children's lives over an autism scare, why not this?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love how the possibility that her nonsense beliefs are bullshit doesn't get questioned. Maybe the homeopathic treatment isn't strong (which actually means diluted) enough. They should have their bloody kids taken away from them.

Dishonorable Disco
Dec 22, 2009

the sun always shines on TV

Edit: For the sake of everyone's peace-of-mind, the mother has apparently taken her child to the ER.

Well, thank God she's taking her kid in for a potentially multi-thousand-dollar ER visit instead of giving them a few cents worth of acetaminophen.

(spoiler alert: the kid's probably going to get the medicine from the hospital anyway.)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Segmentation Fault posted:

The problem with "they're just harmless teens being teens!" is that if nobody corrects them on their bullshit, they'll just keep believing it.

Alternative answer: so what if they're harmless teens being teens? They're still fun to laugh at. The alleged fact that their toxicity doesn't extend beyond the Internet gives us even more reason to safely laugh at their dumb antics. We make fun of moms loving over their children's lives over an autism scare, why not this?

It's cool to laugh about and all, because tumblr's understand of social issues is hilarious. Let's just not pretend we're teaching anyone valuable life lessons by mocking them from afar.

Four-String Samurai posted:

Well, thank God she's taking her kid in for a potentially multi-thousand-dollar ER visit instead of giving them a few cents worth of acetaminophen.

(spoiler alert: the kid's probably going to get the medicine from the hospital anyway.)

Yeah, it's loving nuts, especially given how many new parents I've seen go the opposite direction, convinced their child has a nasty case of ebola the moment they sneeze. You've gotta know they've got some naturalist "expert" who sold them some baby care kit for an exorbitant fee, too.

I just hope it's actually homeopathic poo poo, so at worst that kid just got hydrated and had a fever for way longer than is appropriate.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I like that the kid has been so indoctrinated as to think s/he would become president Obama. Rather than identify what potential good I could do as a leader, I will pretend I am this imagined version of the president my mommy doesn't like.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Can't wait for the dumb posts about the Hobby Lobby Ruling to start rolling in.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

N. Senada posted:

I like that the kid has been so indoctrinated as to think s/he would become president Obama. Rather than identify what potential good I could do as a leader, I will pretend I am this imagined version of the president my mommy doesn't like.

There is a 0% chance the child actually wrote any of that.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

kazil posted:

There is a 0% chance the child actually wrote any of that.

Or her daughter is older than we think and is just illiterate.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Do real existing children anywhere actually write backward s's?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

This is actually Ted Cruz's homework

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I like how she forgot to write like a child on the fourth line and tried to correct it halfway through

Admit my miZTaiRS

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Hobby Lobby won, the contraceptive mandate got overturned under narrow circumstances. Expect a lot of right-wing idiocy on this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is going around already...

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Othello was pretty progressive, considering he was a filthy loving Moorish bastard.

He still flies into a fit of rage and kills his wife (spoilers for Othello)

Calico Heart has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Jun 30, 2014

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

sulphur is my favorite herb.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Calico Heart posted:

He still flies into a fit of rage and kills his wife (spoilers for Othello)

Yeah, but it's okay, Hera made him do it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wish Obama's presidency just ended early, we get thru a month of all the bullshit cheering and see how they handle whatever the hell comes next. Cause it sure as poo poo isnt going to better if people want the opposite of Obama.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Breaky posted:

This is going around already...

Has Obama ever uttered the words, "Yes, I can" in a phrase that wasn't followed by, "pick up pizza on my way home." He's says enough stupid poo poo. Do we really need to make up new catchphrases for him to say.

And every year it looks like Ginsburg moves further to the right (of the picture).

Ruth, I wouldn't kick you off my bench.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
What I would love to see is for Obama to say "The Supreme Court has made their decision, now let them enforce it." and go about his business.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

RFC2324 posted:

I think we need a :tumblr: emote

Relevant

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Can't we just agree that everybody oppresses everybody else?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

HonorableTB posted:

What I would love to see is for Obama to say "The Supreme Court has made their decision, now let them enforce it." and go about his business.

Yeah, who really needs multiple branches of the government anyway!

Although, it would provide unending entertainment.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Stoatbringer posted:

Can't we just agree that everybody oppresses everybody else?

We're all terrible people. Especially you.

drunk
Jan 26, 2010

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

In the book "Natural Cures THEY Don't Want You To Know!", the author claims that homogenizing milk is bad because it breaks up the milk molecules, and the too small milk molecules will make scratches on the walls of your arteries which makes it real easy for cholesterol to stick to them.

Milk molecules.

Giving that book back to the person who lent it to me with a straight face was a hell of an accomplishment.

I actually friended her on facebook a while ago but she hasn't posted anything too stupid, amazingly. I do worry about her baby sometimes. :(

I'm a little late, but Kevin Trudeau is a legendary scam artist who was FINALLY sentenced to 10 years in prison in March. He was first incarcerated for fraud in 1990, so he's been scamming people for 25+ years with multiple cures, MLMs, and infomercials.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

schizo penguin posted:

I'm a little late, but Kevin Trudeau is a legendary scam artist who was FINALLY sentenced to 10 years in prison in March. He was first incarcerated for fraud in 1990, so he's been scamming people for 25+ years with multiple cures, MLMs, and infomercials.

You may be a little late, but join all of us nonetheless in the giant group hug that is our mutual thought of "loving FINALLY"

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

LOLITA:
Classist, exlusionary, bitchy, infantilizing, non-practical, ugly faux-European and anti-social

GYARU:
Cool, healthy, cheap, social and Galo sengen.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

TinTower posted:

Hobby Lobby won, the contraceptive mandate got overturned under narrow circumstances. Expect a lot of right-wing idiocy on this.

I love that people still think this is all about whore pills or something. As long as we've been having this stupid-rear end national argument, you'd think someone in their life had been able to pull the fingers out of his ear and explain that there's a lot more to it than this.

Bob Shadycharacter
Dec 19, 2005

schizo penguin posted:

loving made my day, reading that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I love that people still think this is all about whore pills or something. As long as we've been having this stupid-rear end national argument, you'd think someone in their life had been able to pull the fingers out of his ear and explain that there's a lot more to it than this.

I have one acquaintance who will gently caress pretty much anything that moves. He fucks women that he picks up from bars or work. He fucks men he finds on Craigslist. He got married (an entire crazy story by itself), and did try to be faithful, but it was only a matter of time before he was back to three-waying couples he found online. It's amazing how many women he says he won't gently caress because they are "sluts."

Everybody has his or her own criteria for what a "slut" is, whether or not anyone wants to admit to thinking that way. For some people, it's as simple as, "Wants to have recreational sex without paying for it with a lifetime commitment." For some reason, those people seem very willing to not only say it out loud, but to try and force the sluts to conform to their personal ideas about sexual morality.

Edit: This acquaintance is, of course, a self-proclaimed "extreme" right-winger and Christian, who has Bible verses tattooed on his body.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Jun 30, 2014

• Locked thread