Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I love that people still think this is all about whore pills or something. As long as we've been having this stupid-rear end national argument, you'd think someone in their life had been able to pull the fingers out of his ear and explain that there's a lot more to it than this.

Motherjones is 95% wanking off, but here's a summary pulling quotes from RBG on the topic.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/06/best-lines-hobby-lobby-decision

The one about the other possible medical exclusions based on religious beliefs is fun too.

I have had a half dozen people cheerleading the majority opinion on my facebook. Without exception, I know for a fact that every one of them have used prescription birth control before. I know that at least 3 of them were on Medicaid during that period also! I would ask them to write a check back to the government for the subsidized whore pills they used when they were broke, but most of them are otherwise pretty OK people and it's not worth fighting over.

But hey man, good for that poor, oppressed for-profit corporation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koala Food
Nov 16, 2010

From Right Wing News.
I don't think Mary and I have the same interpretation of his post, unfortunately.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lots of friends of friends on my feed saying "If they don't like it they should just go get another job!" and "It's not my responsibility to take care of your health, I never had trouble taking care of myself!"

One guy even said that everyone has the ability to start their own business. I mean, yeah I guess technically you do but without certain skills or knowledge it will not end well.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Joeslop posted:

Lots of friends of friends on my feed saying "If they don't like it they should just go get another job!" and "It's not my responsibility to take care of your health, I never had trouble taking care of myself!"

One guy even said that everyone has the ability to start their own business. I mean, yeah I guess technically you do but without certain skills or knowledge it will not end well.

That and it takes an incredible amount of money to start a business (either from a bank, which you need collateral and credit for or having thousands and thousands od dollars saved up).

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Joeslop posted:

These are the same people who bitch about welfare with "WELL WHY DID YOU HAVE CHILDREN IF YOU COULDN'T AFFORD THEM!?!?!"

:bang:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

"It's not like it's difficult to not have sex, I mean, I've never had it"

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Had this pop up on my feed today

I've never met Curt N Call in real life. I used to frequent Kongregate chatrooms and we met there, and I was friendly with him until he started pushing me to watch My Little Pony. He found me through a few other legit cool people I became close with, and it is pretty weird but this is six years after I stopped using Kongregate. I knew he would give me something to post eventually.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
"Cry rape" is one of those great phrases you can use to immediately identify a shithead.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Well at least they are doing their part to eliminate false accusations of rape by never even coming close to having sex.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Godsped posted:

Had this pop up on my feed today

I've never met Curt N Call in real life. I used to frequent Kongregate chatrooms and we met there, and I was friendly with him until he started pushing me to watch My Little Pony. He found me through a few other legit cool people I became close with, and it is pretty weird but this is six years after I stopped using Kongregate. I knew he would give me something to post eventually.

I just counter that argument with "how many people have you heard say were okay to drive who were not in fact, good to drive?"

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Slickdrac posted:

I just counter that argument with "how many people have you heard say were okay to drive who were not in fact, good to drive?"

That's not a good analogy to counter with though because then they'll just bring up that you're responsible if you drink and drive, so you should also be responsible if you drink and gently caress.

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013
I need to know exactly how sober her partner was because I have an inkling she's a rapist by her own definition :ssh:

The Born Approx.
Oct 30, 2011
No screencaps, but I just instigated a meltdown of a high school friend and got unfriended. He posted a long (and I mean LONG) status about how he was involved in an accident today, in which he had to stop hard and a girl behind him, riding a scooter, ended up ever so slightly bumping into him. So he went on and on about how he was facing a "moral dilemma" about whether or not to report the accident to the girl's insurance, taking us on a winding tale of how his bumper was already cracked anyway. He posted pics of the damage, which included a small scratch on his bumper and a mark on his tailpipe.

He also posted a picture of the girl that hit him.

People over-airing their dirty laundry on Facebook is a huge annoyance to me, but posting identifying information about this girl because she was involved in an extremely minor accident to a bunch of people she doesn't know just really pissed me off. It felt really creepy, if nothing else. I made a snide remark that his first move in dealing with the situation should definitely be to post the girl's picture online. This upset him greatly, asking me why he didn't have the right to post a picture of someone who hit him, and why was I so offended over something that didn't involve me? I responded that it was a dick move to put it up, he tells me that social media is here to stay (???) and to get the gently caress over it.

I post a paragraph long explanation about how while he's certainly allowed to post her picture, doing it is rude and not respectful of her privacy, that posting it added nothing to the story, and the fact that he took the picture at all was unnecessary and probably creeped her out. I pointed out that identifying her by name would be extremely rude and the same goes for posting her picture. I told him that while camera phones and social media aren't going anywhere, a 30 year old man should be mature enough to be more discerning with what he posts.

Unfriended, and a total meltdown (I can still see new comments) about how I'm kicking him while he's down, adding insult to injury, and attacking him in his moment of "moral dilemma" (:lol:)

So just as a sanity check...which one of us is the idiot on social media?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

The Born Approx. posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say both.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
If you're 30 and you 1) get really worked up over a small scratch on your car, and 2) think that, when someone accidentally scratches your car, "take their picture and post the picture on facebook" is not only a solution to your problem, but the best solution, I think it's safe to say you're an idiot everywhere.

burnishedfume has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Jul 1, 2014

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

The Born Approx. posted:

No screencaps, but I just instigated a meltdown of a high school friend and got unfriended. He posted a long (and I mean LONG) status about how he was involved in an accident today, in which he had to stop hard and a girl behind him, riding a scooter, ended up ever so slightly bumping into him. So he went on and on about how he was facing a "moral dilemma" about whether or not to report the accident to the girl's insurance, taking us on a winding tale of how his bumper was already cracked anyway. He posted pics of the damage, which included a small scratch on his bumper and a mark on his tailpipe.

People over-airing their dirty laundry on Facebook is a huge annoyance to me, but posting identifying information about this girl because she was involved in an extremely minor accident to a bunch of people she doesn't know just really pissed me off. It felt really creepy, if nothing else. I made a snide remark that his first move in dealing with the situation should definitely be to post the girl's picture online. This upset him greatly, asking me why he didn't have the right to post a picture of someone who hit him, and why was I so offended over something that didn't involve me? I responded that it was a dick move to put it up, he tells me that social media is here to stay (???) and to get the gently caress over it.

I post a paragraph long explanation about how while he's certainly allowed to post her picture, doing it is rude and not respectful of her privacy, that posting it added nothing to the story, and the fact that he took the picture at all was unnecessary and probably creeped her out. I pointed out that identifying her by name would be extremely rude and the same goes for posting her picture. I told him that while camera phones and social media aren't going anywhere, a 30 year old man should be mature enough to be more discerning with what he posts.

Unfriended, and a total meltdown (I can still see new comments) about how I'm kicking him while he's down, adding insult to injury, and attacking him in his moment of "moral dilemma" (:lol:)

Would you have minded If the person who hit him was crazy odd looking instead of just a girl on a scooter? I mean, if I got hit by a huge fat person wearing a mink shaw and purple leotard, you'd better believe I'd post that poo poo and few would think less of me. So does it make a difference when they look normal?

That said, sending this to insurance when he already had a cracked bumper would be a poo poo thing to do.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
What the hell kind of car is it? I'd get the overreaction if it was a Lamborghini or something, but much less and that's just not something I understand.

The Born Approx.
Oct 30, 2011
Uhh, oh yeah. It's a purple PT Cruiser he got as a hand me down from his parents.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The Born Approx. posted:

Uhh, oh yeah. It's a purple PR Cruiser he got as a hand me down from his parents.

Yeah this guy has some crazy behavioral problem.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

The Born Approx. posted:

Uhh, oh yeah. It's a purple PT Cruiser he got as a hand me down from his parents.

There is no amount of cosmetic damage you can do to a PT Cruiser that is greater than it being a PT Cruiser.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

There is no amount of cosmetic damage you can do to a PT Cruiser that is greater than it being a PT Cruiser.

Turning it into a Smart ForTwo could damage it worse than being a PT Cruiser; but just barely.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

As someone from the UK, I didn't expect to see this on my feed :stare:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
WTF is an ICP contest? Did they just mistype concert?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Duh, the contest is showing how magnets work.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Most dedicated. Whoever lets Shaggy decapitate them wins

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Lotron posted:

The day tumblr exhausts all terms describing their gender, the day they just start calling people by their names instead.

When Tumblr exhausts all terms describing all genders, the ending to The Nine Billion Names Of God happens.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Aphtonites posted:

As someone from the UK, I didn't expect to see this on my feed :stare:

If you are feeling passive aggressive just post this

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

This one is just bad. It is literally "I hate that guy" and nothing else.
At least say you're going to create jobs or something, what the hell mom

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

SteveVizsla posted:

WTF is an ICP contest? Did they just mistype concert?

Hopefully it's Insane Clown Posse vs Inductively Coupled Plasma torch.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Postal Parcel posted:

This one is just bad. It is literally "I hate that guy" and nothing else.
At least say you're going to create jobs or something, what the hell mom

When I first saw that picture I thought it was making fun of republicans for having childish worldviews so I'm not sure how much that image works.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

When Tumblr exhausts all terms describing all genders, the ending to The Nine Billion Names Of God happens.

Except, instead of stars winking out, a torrent of diarrhea falls from the sky and we all suffocate on smug.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Short and sweet with horribleness throughout

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

EL BROMANCE posted:

Funnily enough, today The Guardian put out a piece showing where in England a single person earning an average wage can afford to purchase a house.

As a single person who's making less than average wage (the 'average' always seems quite high because of the amount of people earning absurd money I expect, too) I'm feeling oppressed. Someone make a poster for me and my kind.

What's wrong with that one white spot?

Explain How!
Dec 14, 2013
No data.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Redczar posted:

Short and sweet with horribleness throughout

"I can say that overall Texas has better looking people."

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

The Born Approx. posted:

The way you tell it makes it seem like this accident was all this guys fault (when you hit your brakes hard why are you surprised if the person behind you hits you, especially as they can't see whatever you're stopping for). Is he talking about getting her insurance company involved to pay for the damage her vehicle did to his car? Thats screwed up.

Also, if he was involved in an accident isn't the FIRST thing you should do notify the police?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lobsterpillar posted:

The way you tell it makes it seem like this accident was all this guys fault (when you hit your brakes hard why are you surprised if the person behind you hits you, especially as they can't see whatever you're stopping for). Is he talking about getting her insurance company involved to pay for the damage her vehicle did to his car? Thats screwed up.

Also, if he was involved in an accident isn't the FIRST thing you should do notify the police?

You're supposed to leave enough of a gap so that you can react if the driver in front stops suddenly.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Calico Heart posted:

He still flies into a fit of rage and kills his wife (spoilers for Othello)

Yeaaaah this is a pretty unfair analysis of what Othello represents though. He succumbs to his one notable flaw - obsessive jealousy - because of an innate lack of self-worth, brought upon by a lifetime of being treated as a lowly second-class Moor.

Shakespeare's real grievances here are more overtly directed at a patriarchy that he perceives could never truly treat Othello as an equal, and thus conspire to bring about a catastrophic downfall of an otherwise honourable man.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

His treatment of women is certainly dated.

Hmmm, keep in mind that once King James takes the throne the works of all playwrights were subject to strict censorship and creating prominent, outspoken female characters probably isn't going to fly and therefore the play isn't going to appear on stage. He's perhaps not the most progressive playwright of his era on this subject, but at the same time his depiction of women is more intricate than you might think.

anyways apologies for the interruption but Shakespearean history is kinda my thing so I couldn't resist! haha

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Sebastian Vettel posted:

You're supposed to leave enough of a gap so that you can react if the driver in front stops suddenly.
Yeah, this is why you occasionally get those stories going around about :siren:immigrant gangs:siren: who cut in front of you then drop anchor on the motorway just so they can claim all that sweet insurance money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

stdh posted:

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

If you agree, please SHARE.

Together we can help save precious lives!

Love says, 'I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person.' Abortion says, 'I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself.

:rolleyes: Shared by a friend of mine.

• Locked thread