Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

over under on google discontinuing all of their self driving cars after selling some to people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

lolnope

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

over under on google discontinuing

always the under

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

cremnob mad google gonna run he car

lot to scroll through today

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i legit don't think even google is dumb enough to throw down the capital/effort required to actually Make Things but hey i've been wrong before

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

my hope is that larry drinks the VC kool aid about how they're the "21st century GE" and the PR win of having all the tech bloggers writing about the "big bold move google is making" would lead him to buy tesla at this hilarious valuation

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
cremnob will commit suicide in 5 years when google buys apple's ip at bankruptcy auction

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nintendo Kid posted:

cremnob will commit suicide in 5 years when google buys apple's ip at bankruptcy auction

companies apple's size can't kill themselves in under a decade even if they try

just look at hp

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

or blackberry

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

blackberry will never die. it'll be nationalized or something first because :canada:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

hobbesmaster posted:

just look at hp

think different friend

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
blackberry will probably get bought by microsoft to "further their enterprise credibility"

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

computer parts posted:

blackberry will probably get bought by microsoft to "further their enterprise credibility"

Microsoft will buy out any support contracts it can get its hands on and leave the rest for some poor sucker

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

just look at hp

i think it was in the new bubble thread where nbsd posted that once your bank account reaches a certain size you p much can't fail even if you wanted to, see jobs and his furiously shoveling money into the furnace that was pre-toy story pixar

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

apple has too many billions of dollars in cash to go bellyup in less than like a couple decades theyd have to literally set massive piles of cash on fire

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

steve will accumulate ever more money until the earth is destroyed

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
google just gently caress around with side research projects that they think are cool, they don't know how to productize any of it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Forums Terrorist posted:

yeah when they open a stock exchange

he'll be like their colonel cargill

i get this reference, and i like it :thumbsup:

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

google buys songza cause timb said curation was important when they bought beats. google doesn't know if its important, but they aren't taking any chances

http://recode.net/2014/07/01/google-acquires-songza-maker-of-curated-playlists/

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

they have to be on their toes so they can quickly followup beats by tim with a half finished app that will replace google music (or whatever its called now) to everyone that uses the service's annoyance.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

cremnob posted:

google buys songza cause timb said curation was important when they bought beats. google doesn't know if its important, but they aren't taking any chances

http://recode.net/2014/07/01/google-acquires-songza-maker-of-curated-playlists/

this is the first i've heard of "songza" -- does that make me a big unhip square? :ohdear:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I use Songza sometimes when I don't feel like thinking about what I want to listen to

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
I did like Songza because of the curation

But then everyone else started doing it too

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i used last fm in the 2ks and now i use pandora

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i use last fm to figure out which albums to get from slsk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Progressive JPEG posted:

i use last fm to figure out which albums to get from slsk

lol

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

both of these still exist :bahgawd:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
last fm was cool when i used it, but i never used ay of the social or w/e features, and well, i never scrobbled. ill tbh, i never really understood that website. it had of stuff goin on there

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Last Chance posted:

they have to be on their toes so they can quickly followup beats by tim with a half finished app that will replace google music (or whatever its called now) to everyone that uses the service's annoyance.

lol if you think they will get as far as half finishing it

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

ya i used to scrobble now i just use it to look up discogs and figure out what the pop albums were/are for a given artist

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
google music suits me kneeds too. i bought an album on it 1nce even if u can believe that. it was the daft punk album and it was alright. sounded good n my beomaster 4500

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

i bought an album on it 1nce even if u can believe that
i cant believe it smythe

i just cant

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pitchfork really informs my kazaa downloads too

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

i cant believe it smythe

i just cant

i also bought the new GI JOe movie on it when i was rly wasted b/c i didnt want to watch it w/ a bad codec/bitrate. they didnt have a rental (usually like 3-4 bucks) and only had it for sale for 15 bucks and well i clicked it and now i own the right to view it for as long as google play deems fit.

it was a pretty need suiting xp but in the future i dont think if i would buy the GI Joe movie. Maybe another movie but that one was pretty bad and I dont think ill give it a rewatch. i dont even remember what happened in the movie.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

why would you want to purchase the ability to watch the gi joe movie as often as you want for the next 18 months?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Caged posted:

why would you want to purchase the ability to watch the gi joe movie as often as you want for the next 18 months?

im tempted to exploit the analog hole to ensure i never lose the ability to watch the new gi joe movie whenevrr i want

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive got a camera and a tripod, some minidv tapes... suck it down RIAAssholes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

you need to use vhs-c for the authentically analogue experience

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if you send me a minidv tape ill dub a copy off for you and mail it back. please provide postage or just toss a couple bucks in there and ill take care of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Caged posted:

you need to use vhs-c for the authentically analogue experience

i smell a kick starter!

• Locked thread