Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Propaganda Machine posted:

They're not TRICKS! They're illusions.

This will always be Brian Danielson's real ring music for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council 14

This is it. The last Tribal Council where you will be voting out a member of your tribe.

During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (3:00 AM Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

For Propaganda Machine, IcePhoenix, and Winson_Paine:

Why do you deserve to be here after tonight?

For Fast Luck:

You won Immunity. But should you have not won it, why should you make it to the Final Tribal Council tomorrow night?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

This will always be Brian Danielson's real ring music for me

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

John Cena posted:

What a strange question. No one deserves anything, things are just as they are. Establishing desert is like building a tower of blocks on sand, there is nothing to base it on. Do we deserve to stay because we play well? What is playing well? Is it becoming a field marshal of lies, commanding them about? Being a nice guy? Playing well? The only one who can really be said to deserve to be here is Fast Luck, he won the challenge. For the rest of us? Things will be as they are. I like IP and Props, but one of us must go.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think saying anybody "deserves to be here" is a big, steaming pile of crap. If you haven't been voted out, then you deserve to stick around. Period.

So, after tonight? I would deserve to be here because I hadn't been voted out, even though there was a huge risk of my being booted right after my buddy Andy. The stars really lined up to save me from that one, but after Andy's blindside I worked my butt off to keep myself and my friends safe. It wasn't luck. It was maintaining positive, trusting relationships and doing everything I could to problem-solve with them.

For everybody who isn't me, I think I'd "deserve to be here" because I played a respectable, if unwinnable, game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You won Immunity. But should you have not won it, why should you make it to the Final Tribal Council tomorrow night?
I've had back-up plans for every tribal that I would've pulled out if I hadn't won immunity. That said, these plans became bigger and bigger long shots as we went along. I think I should make it to the Final Tribal Council because it'd be really cool and I played really hard and I'm a swell dude who loves to laugh, to answer the question. But that probably wouldn't go over with my competitors, and at this point I had very little left to sell them. My last Hail Mary would've been urging Propaganda Machine to put "game theory" aside and vote with me because the jury would reward her for it, because the jury definitely seemed to dislike hearing about her game theory. I'd also be emphasizing that every vote I might get in my favor, Ice Phoenix would get anyway if I weren't there (because Prop betrayed bowmore, Dhaes, and Disco, but Ice did not). Anyway, I took that argument for a test run and I think it gave her a good chuckle. But I think I played my heart out, played harder than anyone else, and I think that's a big part of why I won these challenges. I do deserve to be there, but I had to make my own way.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council 14

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

For Propaganda Machine, IcePhoenix, and Winson_Paine:

It's an interesting question. All the reasons I believe deserve to be here should be a mark against me when everyone else is voting tonight. But I trust my allies and I believe that in the end we'll stick together. It's a belief I've had all game and I see no reason to stop now.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Yeah Fast Luck, you are a goddamned animal for challenges when the chips are down, I tell you what.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Hey I was wondering if you have immunity and don't vote, is it STILL a vote for yourself?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Words were said, two words, once. They were then mocked at length and shoved down my throat and I even had to write about them for a half-hour.

It feels like the loving Dean Scream.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Okay guys, it's now time to vote. Using the above template, fill out on the parchment who you wish to vote for and PM it to John Cena. The person that receives the highest number of votes is the next person voted out of this game, losing their chance at the $75 grand prize. Out of thread communication during Tribal Council isn't allowed. Fast Luck has individual immunity, no way he's giving it up. This is the last time you will vote out a player. Good luck, players.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Propaganda Machine posted:

Words were said, two words, once. They were then mocked at length and shoved down my throat and I even had to write about them for a half-hour.

It feels like the loving Dean Scream.

Hahahaha, yeah in retrospect punting FL before skinty probably was the way to go.

I can't help it, I am laughing really hard now.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Winson_Paine posted:

Hahahaha, yeah in retrospect punting FL before skinty probably was the way to go.

I can't help it, I am laughing really hard now.

It was an impossible choice. There's no saying he couldn't have pulled out all those immunity wins just the same.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

Hey I was wondering if you have immunity and don't vote, is it STILL a vote for yourself?

Yes, but nobody else can cast votes against you. Its interesting though because it basically cancels a vote.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the last person to be voted out of this game, and the final member of the Jury. No need to wait, lets get to it.

First vote...

Winson Paine.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 1, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

One vote Paine, one vote Propaganda Machine.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes Winson_Paine, one vote Propaganda Machine, one vote left.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

my fortunes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fifteenth person voted out of Awful Survivor, and the final member of our Jury...

Wrap your torch in Barbed Wire, and swing it this way.

Winson_Paine, the tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5DdTIKk48

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This is a great season. I mean, really, really great :munch:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fast Luck, Ice Phoenix, and Propaganda Machine, congratulations are in for all three of you for making it to the end of the game. At this point, the game leaves your hands, and is now in control of the Jury. You all had different paths to the end, but you made it, and thats what matters. The final Tribal Council will be held tomorrow evening at 7:00PM. There, you will get to plead your case as to why you should earn the jury's votes. I will see you all then. Thank you all for playing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't suppose we could do it on Wednesday?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

:munch: Sorry for the Awesome Games Done Quick suggestion, it would have been running live if this didn't get pushed back because of the forums maintenance stuff :munch:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha that's fine, the mods posted all the topics in tribe doc and they only were going to get more crazy from there so that one wasn't so bad. A big part of why I was bashing it so much was only because I didn't know what else to say about it

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
You tease.

I'm really sad that I didn't get to, "What's the difference between a bundle and a pile?"

Winson writing about his Genius Game doppelganger would have been fabulous, as would IcePhoenix deconstructing Extreme Ways as it relates to class struggle.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

:siren::siren::siren: MOD MODE ENGAGED :siren::siren::siren:

As janitor of the forum, congrats to the three winners! You have all earned a CUSTOM TITLE which can be claimed by telling me what you want. This coupon is valid as long as I am still mod, you can claim it whenever. You three played a hell of a game and more games should strive to meet the standards set by all the players in this game. Especially the one that just got voted out.

:siren::siren::siren: MOD MODE DISENGAGED :siren::siren::siren:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm holding out for the Durf gangtag :v:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's been a long journey for everyone involved, but we've made it. This is the Final Tribal Council.

Propaganda Machine, IcePhoenix, both of you came from a tribe that absolutely dominated the first half of this game. Not until well into the merge did you lose a tribemate, and Durf will now rest in the annals of Awful Survivor history as the strongest tribe. Fast Luck, you were the last of your kind. Your tribe was the first to be annihilated, and somehow you've persevered, and after a string of three Individual Immunity wins, you too find yourself here in the Final Three. And now here we are. One of the three of you is going to win $75 and more importantly, the title of Sole Survivor and Most Chill. Viewers, please refrain from Spectator Posting until we are finished. But before that, we have some business to attend to. Here is how tonight is going to work.

The three of you will get to make one post as your opening statement. After you make it, you do not post unless you are answering a question or responding to a Juror that has addressed you. Once you've all made your opening statements, the jury will one by one ask you a question, or just make a statement themselves that may not require answering. If a Juror asks you a question, you must answer it. How you answer, however, is completely up to you. As a reminder, nobodies posts can be edited or contain chatlogs. Not even ninjaedits. Jurors can only ask each player one question. Jurors will wait for the castaways to answer their questions before we move on to the next Juror and their questions. Failure to abide by this extremely simple rule will result in the nullification of your vote. Please don't be an rear end clown. The order of the Jurors was determined earlier, so they know exactly what order they should be going in. If we go 15 minutes with a Juror missing their turn, then we'll just continue with the rotation until we land on that person again. If we go 30 minutes with nothing from the Juror, we'll have to skip them, sadly.

After all three Finalists have been addressed and answered the questions of ALL the Jury Members, they will then get to make one final closing statement post. After these posts are made, I will state that it is time to vote. The Jurors will then make their votes. Things are a little different here. The Jurors aren't voting a player out, they are voting for a WINNER. Assuming there aren't any questions, (And if you have them, ask them PRIVATELY, not in the thread), we'll get started.

Fast Luck, IcePhoenix, Propaganda Machine, let's hear your opening statements.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Please read this post in its entirety before you decide who you're voting for, even if you're a Durf. Please give me your most honest consideration when you decide your vote. Also, I know you've probably been planning your questions for ages but I'm going to try to answer some of them in advance.

Great story
When this game started, I was on a tribe of six players, and four of them listed one another as friends. Partly with luck, but largely with good social play, I was able to get past that. One interesting fact is that bowmore once offered to keep me over Chili and Chili once offered to keep me over bowmore. Whether either of those alternatives would've played out if not for the shuffle we can't know for sure, but I wasn't as dead in the water as it may have seemed, basically due to my own good gameplay.

And then it may have seemed like I was totally doomed again just recently, or actually for quite awhile, but I made it through that as well. I basically interrupted a complete Pagonging, and peed in the Durfs' pool. And all the while, when things went good or they went bad, I've tried to enjoy myself and have fun with this. I'm a huge Survivor fan, but that hasn't kept me from keeping it light, whether that means writing Durf "cult" fan fiction, fake tree mails, or "finding cocaine on the beach." All in all, I've loved the experience, getting to actually know other posters on SA, and I want to thank Cena for putting this all together and inviting me to the game. And also Asiina for all the assistance she provided.

Strategic play
Now, one question I think people may have for me is whether I've actually played this game well strategically. Afterall, I'm here today because of an immunity run. My answer to that is an emphatic yes. I believe I've made the biggest move of all the players remaining in this game, and when I say that I am referring to the recruitment of Winson Paine.

In one of our docs, Winson bemoaned the fact that people were taking him for granted. They were counting on him for their votes but he wasn't in anyone's final three deals. I'd taken the initiative of contacting windshipper, and I'd taken the initiative of creating a new doc. But we had to pick the exact right person to contact for our move. Based on what I'd read from Winson, he seemed like someone who understood exactly what was going on. He was a father and a busy man, more busy than the rest of us, but that didn't mean he didn't understand the game. So I nominated him for our flip target. If this had failed, our plot would have been blown and Durf may have buckled down then and there. But I selected the right person. And, not only that, I did not insist on contacting him myself. I asked windshipper to make contact, because I remembered a positive comment Winson had made about winds in the past. Finally, as the coup de grace, I authorized Winds to offer my own idol to Winson in exchange for his vote. I can't recall this ever having been done on Survivor before, in the real version of the game. And this was the biggest move of the game up until Byers talked to Winson and Winson came back to Durf.

But Byers and Winson aren't here, are they? That's part of why I forced this last vote onto Winson. Propaganda Machine and Ice Phoenix both got here in the same way. Winson had a different path. He was the one person who could make a unique argument. I always said he had no shot to win, and that may or may not have been true. But I don't care if he had a shot to win. I don't need 9 votes to win. I don't even need 5. 4-3-2 will do fine for me. And by bringing Ice and Prop here, I've employed a divide and conquer strategy. One of you, Ice and Prop, will be receiving the Durf votes. You're going to have tmake the case on why it should be you and not the other. For the first real time in a long time, we're going to have some Durfs squaring off.

Challenge run
Even my challenge run was strategical. I only stepped it up after I came under threat. Ice Phoenix said I was kept over Skinty because I was less of a challenge threat. I think it was because of my relationships with Byers and Prop, but either way... I showed my true challenge self afterwards.

How do you answer trivia and win crossword puzzles?
Cheat http://i.imgur.com/8UccbNv.png
Sheet http://i.imgur.com/gUUpYVo.png

I prepared for challenges that didn't even happen. I bookmarked lists of adjectives and adverbs in case of a game of Scatergories. I played random flash games. I have a few other tricks that I used, including how to post first in the knockout game.

But I'm out of time. I'll get into this and so much more in my closing speech and as I answer jury questions. Thanks all!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

(transcript for those who can't listen to/understand my magnificent voice)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
How did we get here...?

I've always been pretty sporty.

In soccer, I was a goalie. I was a halfway decent goalie, at that. Good as I was, I would get self-conscious. I would see everyone else running the ball up the field and driving in goals. I would feel bad about myself for not having had more to do with that.

My dad told me once, "The best offense is a strong defense."

I took that to heart. I started paying attention to the goals I saved, stacked it up against the goals my team was scoring, and things started to feel better.

I did basketball later on. I was never a fantastic shooter, and lord knows I'm not tall, but I was quick, and I was fierce. I would get up in on the opponents' faces, snatch that ball, run for a few dribbles, and snap the assist to the point guard who would lay it up into the basket, no questions asked.

I never got any awards, but I know I won us some games. Our best offense was my best defense. I never got the glory, but I knew what I had contributed, and I was okay with it.

I didn't come into this shenanigans with any kind of strong offensive game. I didn't want to ostracise tribemates right off the bat by making four to six conflicting deals on the first day, risking all of my brand new supposed allies putting the pieces of bullshit together and booting me first thing. And, you know what? It was okay. I was given two strong offers right off the bat, from Byers and Andy, and I managed to finagle them into harmony, to my own ends. Even though I didn't start the alliance, I made sure to polish it into what I wanted it to look like.

Of course, tonight, we're talking about a lot more than day one. I know that I've pissed off some people sitting on the jury, and I know that I haven't played the most aggressively perfect game. I had my fair share of opportunities to shake things up, but I had to weigh the associated dangers against The Cult Of Durf, a host of 3-4 votes in support of my continued safety. There were always risks involved no matter what I did, but in the end, survival trumped Extreme Ways mic-drops and I'm proud to have accomplished that much, at least.

I'm both excited and nervous to field every question and complaint you guys have to hit me with. Regardless of how tonight goes, this was only as stressful as it was mad fun, and I'm glad I got to do it with you guys. Everybody here has been an awesome player, and I hope you'll be awesome jurors as well!

Whatever that means.

Let's do this.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

And with that, we go to the Jury. Majuju, you're first up.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Hi everyone!

IcePhoenix: this game has seen its share of cunning puppetmasters come and go, but you are the one that made it to the final three. What do you feel was your greatest success in the game - the thing you want to point to right now and say “Look, see here? This is the exemplary act of true Survivorstry. This thing I did is why I deserve your vote”?

PropagandaMachine: you’ve said yourself that you have played an unwinnable game. What has been your single greatest regret throughout? The one thing you wish you had or hadn’t done, given the opportunity and the hindsight of having made it to the final three anyhow?

Fast Luck: you first messaged me when it was far too late for me to trust you or even care about what you had to say, then decided to turn my non-response into a backhanded insult.

Meanwhile, you’re an arrogant, poo poo-talking prick, and your “strategic” ploy is weeks behind us. Since then, you’ve whined, written dumb fanfiction, and apparently decided to devote your existence to winning a bunch of challenges that didn’t exist. You had luck and determination on your side as far as challenges went, but your chance to make a good impression on anyone was constantly wasted with your terrible posting and terrible, near-sighted tactical analysis. The things that went on above and beyond your MASTERPLAN would make your head spin. Wrap yourself in the TRUE SURVIVOR CODE all you want, the other people you’re facing off against played the game better than you on every conceivable level.

I have no question for you. Kindly go gently caress yourself at your earliest convenience.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hi Majuju, I never expected your vote, so that's fine.

You offered to quit. Enough said.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So, claiming the unwinnable game came from a couple places. It's no secret that things between myself, windy, and Skinty got pretty rough (and why Ice was spared from all that, I have no idea). But when you have one person pinning you with planned treachery against a close ally (sup Byers) one day, and his lonely remaining ally giving you poo poo at the next vote when his own number has turned up, being cocky and defending myself and my game seemed like a terrible idea.

So, I decided to roll with it. Be humble. Be slightly apologetic. And, you know, being self-depreciating and making yourself look like not a threat to win is an excellent way to get to the end. In that late game phase, our votes were based off of who was the most threatening. I needed that person not to be me.

So I'm very happy to sit here tonight, defend my game, and fight for my win. I've worked hard for it, and I really hope I've earned it.

As for my biggest regret? It's hard. I'm going to have to cheat a little and claim two:

1) I do regret not being more proactive, early on and after the swap. I was very, very lucky to have more proactive people on my side, and for Durf to have won all those immunities. Without the peace of mind of knowing I'd taken care of that, and without Byers as a friendly face for the Hurfs of nuDurf, I could very easily not be here.

2) I regret not being more straightforward with people. I'm glad they saw fit to approach me, and my inner game-player loved, LOVED, weighing options against each other, but I think I caused a lot of damage by paying some reckless lip-service. That's a huge regret.

Hindsight is 20/20. We'll never know, man.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Majuju posted:

Hi everyone!

IcePhoenix: this game has seen its share of cunning puppetmasters come and go, but you are the one that made it to the final three. What do you feel was your greatest success in the game - the thing you want to point to right now and say “Look, see here? This is the exemplary act of true Survivorstry. This thing I did is why I deserve your vote”?

The Bowmore vote. Maybe two or three hours before that tribal, Windshipper approached me and PMac about a possible four man alliance with him and Skinty. His idea was to target Winson, but we easily managed to shift his target to Fast Luck. At the time, Durf was set to vote out Skinty. Shortly before tribal, I managed to rally all the durfs to switch that vote to Bowmore, including using a code word to confirm that Winson was down because he hadn't made it to the doc before tribal started to discuss it. This served four purposes: Take out someone I thought might be close enough for fast luck to use an idol on if he kept it. Keep someone who I could ally with in the game, since Skinty getting voted out would ruin us before it started and us flipping then and there leaves a four on four possibility. Prove Windshipper was being serious, he'd shown he was fast to make deals if he felt it would be most advatageous to his current game and if he was lying to us then we still had the numbers, but if he voted Fast Luck then it wouldn't matter if he played the idol or not, and I'd know I could trust him. But most importantly, if Fast Luck didn't play the idol and Windshipper and Skinty had voted for him, then there was nobody in the game he would trust enough to use it on, eliminating another "mic drop."

Of course, Windshipper blew up when he thought we played him and the whole thing went in the scrap heap because it's hard to trust someone like that.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Looks like I'm up?

First of all, congratulations to all three of you.

Originally, I was going to give each of you a calculus problem to solve, because I knew where my vote was going, but I realized that this wouldn’t have been fair. It wouldn't have been fair to you, and it wouldn't have been fair to our viewers. Two of you deserve more, and our viewers deserve to see more than to see me be a dick in a way that only I would find funny.

I won't lie, I'm heavily skewed in how I see my vote going, but technically I'm listening to all of you and including your FTC answers into my consideration before I vote. I'm going to ask each of you questions that give you each the best chance of answering in a way that I'd consider as convincing that you deserve the win.

Fast Luck - You have had the best run possible in immunity challenges; conversely, you had the worst luck in your social game. Every ally that you had was either voted out, or back stabbed you. In fact, it was the catastrophe of your social game that led to you needing the immunity run to get here. Can you give me an honest breakdown of your social game, recognizing where you were hit by bad luck and where you made legitimate mistakes?

IcePhoenix - I have an impression of you that is one of following, of being pulled along by the events of the game and by your allies. How did you take an active role in the game, and what steps did you proactively take that led to you being here?

Propaganda Machine - I totally would have voted you out at seven left if I could have found a fourth vote, and you voting me out was the right play. I don't know if it was your play, though, and that leads in with what Skinty said about you a few weeks ago, that you haven't played constructively. I'm also not sure if you know why it was a necessary play. Walk me through the process that led to me being voted out; was it your decision initially, or did someone bring the idea to you, and what led you to go through with it?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Byers2142 posted:

IcePhoenix - I have an impression of you that is one of following, of being pulled along by the events of the game and by your allies. How did you take an active role in the game, and what steps did you proactively take that led to you being here?

A calculus problem probably would have been a welcome change for me :v:

My active role was, well, always staying active. I made good connections within my alliance and had a couple outside it. People trusted me, and were willing to maybe bend their plans if I didn't feel comfortable with what they had in mind. When the merge happened I managed to delay any votes against skinty and windshipper. When Andy got blindsided I'm not sure anyone even thought I was worth thinking about as a target, but I had people talking to me as a "down the road" ally. Nobody voted for me, but plenty of people spoke with me. I think you were the only person to recognize this, and my only vote in the game (hopefully after tonight I have many more, of course), and the funny thing is that my trustworthiness was what kept me in the game that night. PMac wanted to vote you out, bad. But I had talked her out of it, and only when I spoke with Winson and Majuju that morning did I find out I was your target. Because I stayed active and reached out even though I didn't think I had to, and because of the relationships I had built with them, I stayed in the game.

Like I said in my opening speech, "I played hard but hoped they wouldn’t see." It's a dangerous line, because if you let people see it helps you if you make it to the end, but hurts your chances of getting there, but if you stay too hidden then you'll have a lot of trouble convincing people that you were actually making these moves instead of following. I hope that I managed to straddle it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hey Byers. First off, I don't think having my allies voted out is a flaw in my social game. I was tight with Dhaes, and I was tight with bowmore, and I was even pretty tight with Disco Spider. I had a great friendship with Skinty that we formed after Winds bribed him into voting against me with the immunity necklace. These people were voted out not because of a flaw in my social game, but because Durf was so tight, and because Durf had numbers. I also think my sort-of relationships with you and Propaganda helped keep me around for a few extra votes.

But actually, I didn't want to ally you and Propaganda in the shuffle. Unfortunately, you had won Bowmore over. If we'd voted you out there, it could have changed things. I also didn't want Chili to be voted out in the other tribe, but obviously there was nothing I could do about that.

Credit to Durf: you pulling Winson back in, Andy hammering in the Durf loyalty, and to Majuju for his Christ-like sacrifice. Of course, Prop and Ice, up against me here at the final tribal, were often plotting against you (which I respect them for and I'm sure you do too), and they made that contact with Windshipper, and did other things as well. That's cool and was good play, but it also means I'm not sure they deserve the full credit for the Durf loyalty pact that ended up deciding the course of much of the game. If Majuju hadn't intervened, and if you hadn't emerged as such a threat, I think things may have broken differently.

My social flaws? I think I did everything possible with Winson to keep him solid. I honestly intended to take him final three, and to give him my hidden immunity idol, and I wrote to him in as convincing fashion as I was able to. But since he wasn't on AIM, and since he wasn't one of the most active in the doc, it was hard to lock him down. You bringing Winson back was and remains the biggest move of the game, and that's why the Durfs voted you out, and that's why I voted Winson out.

So the actual flaws... I would say probably my intense hopes of keeping you and Propaganda after the merge. I thought going to the mat for you in the shuffled tribe would earn your loyalty, but I wasn't aware of the strong day one alliances you'd made or the loyalty that had been focused on within Durf. My social game, I think, was pretty solid. Outside of Majuju, who I obviously antagonized for obvious reasons, and Winson, who I got maybe a little bit frustrated with after he turned, I don't think there's any player in the game that I really had issues with. Thanks Byers.

• Locked thread