Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
In his defense, that's the worst character from Dawn of the Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

vkeios posted:

well this will be the first time that there's been articulated 1/12 scale batman toys, so thats a big deal.
Smooth Criminal was a pretty good music video so thats pretty great imo.
lol look at the babby who's too young to have seen Dawn of the Dead.
And that specific blank body was for sale. 2 years ago (its successor the archetype:next came out this year though).
Sorry I should have specified: a blank figure like that for less than $135
To compare I can get a pre-teen girl that's 75 percent legs for as little as $35 from 118 sources. And that's just one of several figures.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

The Archetype:Next is ¥4743 and that includes a photo book. The Archetype I posted the pic of sold for ¥2381, but he was a convention exclusive 2 years ago. Also $35 could get you a few dudes in spandex; if you shop around for some S.H. Figuarts, the toyline thats almost exclusively men. Also some of them are plain enough that you might be fine with them instead of a blank body.

Honestly, blank bodies is a really niche market; so you're not likely to find many outside of 1/6 scale figures, dolls, the 2000s micromen, and that Boss Fight Studios kickstarter.

JT Smiley posted:

In his defense, that's the worst character from Dawn of the Dead.
yeah, but Flyboy is one of the main characters. so i can't imagine forgetting him.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 6, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Also Flyboy is a Figma, not Figuarts!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Like, 95 percent of Figuarts are Kamen Riders or Sentai.
Properties I have less than zero interest in. I can't get decent Western superheroes but I can buy seven thousand different little girls or guys in motorcycle helmets or Sewer Urchin with a wine glass is what I'm saying. Stop being so literal.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
It's almost like Japanese toys are made for shows that air in Japan. Hot drat, I think you just broke the code.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Duke Igthorn posted:

Properties I have less than zero interest in. I can't get decent Western superheroes but I can buy seven thousand different little girls or guys in motorcycle helmets or Sewer Urchin with a wine glass is what I'm saying. Stop being so literal.

Dude, the company is Japanese--they're going to primarily cater to the Japanese market. They're just now starting to make a few more Western properties. Give them some time.

Also, no one is forcing you to buy the scary anime girls and super sentai dudes. You could have just said you weren't interested in the current properties and left it at that, but you keep arguing like an entitled jerk.

Anyway, I just got the SH Figuarts Mario, and I'm honestly disappointed in it. Not as much articulation as I'd hoped and even though he comes with a couple accessories (mushroom, coin, ? Block) he doesn't have any alternate hands or faces. You can't even remove his hat! On the plus side, he's half as expensive (or more) than the other SH Figuarts I've bought, so I'm not too upset.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Duke Igthorn posted:

so...you have more interest in little girls? That's how I'm reading what you're saying.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Matty Collector is starting their subscriptions for 2015 a month early and it lasts until well after SDCC is over.

Guess they know their numbers are probably going to be screwed this year if they just have it last a week like last time.

And they're still probably going to pull the OH NO WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SUBS at the 11th hour.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

Matty Collector is starting their subscriptions for 2015 a month early and it lasts until well after SDCC is over.

Guess they know their numbers are probably going to be screwed this year if they just have it last a week like last time.

And they're still probably going to pull the OH NO WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SUBS at the 11th hour.

I think this will be the fate of the OTFCC this year regarding TF subscription service 3, their Botcon toys are sitting in their warehouse from the last two years and I don't see anything I am dying to buy.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Reinanigans posted:

Anyway, I just got the SH Figuarts Mario, and I'm honestly disappointed in it. Not as much articulation as I'd hoped and even though he comes with a couple accessories (mushroom, coin, ? Block) he doesn't have any alternate hands or faces. You can't even remove his hat! On the plus side, he's half as expensive (or more) than the other SH Figuarts I've bought, so I'm not too upset.

There's two accessory packs that bring it all together. One comes with a pipe, another coin, a green shell and alternate hands to hold the shell. The other comes with another goomba, a stand that plugs into an alternate back, and three floating blocks that plug into the stand.

They run about $20 each but they really improve him; especially since the stand should have been included with him in the first place.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

strangehamster posted:

I think this will be the fate of the OTFCC this year regarding TF subscription service 3, their Botcon toys are sitting in their warehouse from the last two years and I don't see anything I am dying to buy.

They could always sell them for a semi-reasonable price. I know it's a crazy idea but

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

scary anime girls

Duke Igthorn posted:

girls or guys in motorcycle helmets

Duke Igthorn posted:

Stop being so literal.

oh..

If it hasn't been obvious, I love figmas & figuarts and don't mind any excuse to post some of their more unique items.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

vkeios posted:

oh..

If it hasn't been obvious, I love figmas & figuarts and don't mind any excuse to post some of their more unique items.

pre-teen spotted, argument denied

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

I thought Miku was like 25 or some poo poo. Vocaloids are what's carrying Sega since Sonic has had many bad games.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

So guys, how about those Assault Kingdom Gundams. They're real tiny and cute, so I've fallen in love with them. Also helps that you can grab them for around fivebux at a comic book shop.

The Rage posted:

jeez you idiot; clearly she's got a drivers license.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

vkeios posted:

Smooth Criminal was a pretty good music video so thats pretty great imo.

A. Smooth criminal was just a very small portion of Moonwalker.
B. Where can I get that MJ set?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Old Man Pants posted:

A. Smooth criminal was just a very small portion of Moonwalker.
B. Where can I get that MJ set?

Sadly only MJ is gonna be for sale; if you look closely the others are just repaints. but he's out in October for $45 from any Bluefin distributor (so Amazon or comic shop).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Had the full set of SH FigureArts Super Mario come in today. I was kinda worried ordering it - saw a reviewer lash into the non-movement of his head. But in person it can quickly be dismissed. It'd be NICE of course but it doesn't take away from the set pieces. It's a greatly modeled set and there is a variety of options to pose him. He's obviously way out of scale with the Figma cousins (Samus and Link) and D-Arts Megaman. But it works overall.

I wouldn't mind a Bowser figure down the road, some ghosts too!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was at Target earlier and the had the Chris Reeve Superman Multiverse figure. I didn't even know these were out so I was excited as all hell to find it. Also picked up a random Hawkeye figure.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Crappy pic sorry, poor Splinters got balls on his head:(

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Finally! NECA's Queen Alien figure, due out this october: http://necaonline.com/48662/product...m_medium=social

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Jace Madan posted:

Finally! NECA's Queen Alien figure, due out this october: http://necaonline.com/48662/product...m_medium=social

No detachable slug butt?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

This is a real thing. A real thing I think I need, almost just for the box alone. Thank you Super7 for an awesome SDCC exclusive.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Looking through eBay, since I'm not going to SDCC, am I really going to have to pay $90+ for the exclusive Armored Black Ranger or are people just massively price gouging at the moment?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

ultraviolence123 posted:

Looking through eBay, since I'm not going to SDCC, am I really going to have to pay $90+ for the exclusive Armored Black Ranger or are people just massively price gouging at the moment?

The better thing to do is to look at the current selling price of last year's exclusive because that's probably what you'll pay if you wait a couple months after SDCC to buy on ebay.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

RevKrule posted:

This is a real thing. A real thing I think I need, almost just for the box alone. Thank you Super7 for an awesome SDCC exclusive.

I really hate SDCC. Every year, so many wonderful things priced out of my reach. Between this and Hordak.....gently caress. :(

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

RevKrule posted:

Sweet merciful god, the packaging alone makes it worth getting

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I don't even know who or what the Ahab Predator is but I will buy this too, goddamnit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh hey, another NECA build your own Predator.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Don't even care, NECA Predators keep me from buying Hot Toys Predators.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

I don't even know who or what the Ahab Predator is but I will buy this too, goddamnit.

He's the main Predator from the upcoming Dark Horse comic relaunch series.

Anyone going to SDCC and feel like grabbing one for me? :kiddo:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

He's the main Predator from the upcoming Dark Horse comic relaunch series.

Anyone going to SDCC and feel like grabbing one for me? :kiddo:

He'll be on sale at their online store during the show, just grab it then.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

He'll be on sale at their online store during the show, just grab it then.

They said that last year for last year's SDCC Predator, and then it never got posted on their online store and I ended up resorting to eBay, so don't blame me if I'm a bit skeptical of their online store.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

They said that last year for last year's SDCC Predator, and then it never got posted on their online store and I ended up resorting to eBay, so don't blame me if I'm a bit skeptical of their online store.

I bought Albino off their store last year, twice. It was definitely up there, at least the two days I checked.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

therealjon_ posted:

I bought Albino off their store last year, twice. It was definitely up there, at least the two days I checked.
I must have completely missed it, then. Was it during SDCC? What days is SDCC this year?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I've seen a lot of complaints about Ahab being a mod of the Jungle Hunter but people doesn't seem t realize that the lazy ones are the artists and no NECA. At leats on the comics compiled on the 4 Omnibus every predator is just either the Jungle Hunter or the City Hunter with a few changes here and there.

That being said, Ahab looks amazing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

If you go to the SDCC thread, you can probably find another goon going to the show who might be willing to try and snag one for you.