Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Also, sidenote. I'm off on vacation two days from now! I won't have a lot of time to check on & post comics Thursday - Monday, so feel free to fill in for me anyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

The tap is set...

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

It turns out Mary was a ghost all along! What a shocking twist!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Yet another case solved from the comfort of his bed by the comic page's laziest detective.

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Judging by that white blood cell sample in the first panel, I'd say that this strip is completely infected.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

That reminded me of a picture that an artist that I follow (Jujika on Deviantart) did...

Damsel and Distress

:v:
drat those are fine dragons. Both of 'em. :3:

Fake edit (aka a doubletake) to add: I just now noticed she painted a dragon on the dragon.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah okay Dick Tracy team, you have my attention. You'll lose it the second you jump to Moon Maid or Junior or BO and his chicken so make it count.

e: actually it's a drat fine chicken so I'm prepared to give you that one.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Aardmania posted:

Judging by that white blood cell sample in the first panel, I'd say that this strip is completely infected.

Um. Polka dots don't work that way. They're not random. That's "semen spattered". Yeah, thanks Brooke.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Today's Dogg

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
We all knew Ted Forth would snap one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckFTKv3kt2U

StarPilot87
Dec 31, 2012

I love that the photo in the background is from the Extraordinary Vermin story. Wonder how often this strip has cameos like that.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

StarPilot87 posted:

I love that the photo in the background is from the Extraordinary Vermin story. Wonder how often this strip has cameos like that.

I want the Frog and Toad clock, but could do without Tommy Pickels or Bozo the Clown portraits.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

StarPilot87 posted:

I'm pretty sure that's Pennywise the Clown on the wall next to them.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Aww, Vitamin is going all Lee Falk on us. :allears:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Finally back to Pogo, two a day until I catch up with that schedule that only I understand. In case you've forgotten already, Albert dropped a watering can on the head of the Newslife reporter who came down to the swamp to cover the Pogo for president story. As you can see, he still hasn't come out of the rain yet. (June 25-26, 1956)

Droodles: And speaking of politics... (June 25, 1956)

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Nancy-fied Wee Pals? Man, don't even joke about things like that. :saddowns:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

How'd she get him a passport without his knowledge? Did she pose for the photo herself? Also I know the point is to be all spontaneous and crazy for once in his life, but I doubt next week is enough notice to get the proper immunizations in time. Enjoy the typhoid, kiddo!

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Guys, GUYS Do you ever wonder what would happen if Paul Gilligan of Pooch Cafe and Kory Merrit of Lost side of suburbia got together and made a strip together?

It'd be this: Poptropica

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

How'd she get him a passport without his knowledge? Did she pose for the photo herself? Also I know the point is to be all spontaneous and crazy for once in his life, but I doubt next week is enough notice to get the proper immunizations in time. Enjoy the typhoid, kiddo!

It may be that she has just been holding it.

Please don't make me defend Evans.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Guys, GUYS Do you ever wonder what would happen if Paul Gilligan of Pooch Cafe and Kory Merrit of Lost side of suburbia got together and made a strip together?

It'd be this: Poptropica

Apparently it's a tie-in to some MMO-ish thing? The wikipedia article is full of issues and reads like someone who works for the company that makes it wrote it. The only place I could find the strip being posted is on a blog for the game, looking up whether either of those two worked on the strip because while everything that's not the kids does sort of look like the art in Lost Side of Suburbia, it doesn't feel like it has the humor of Pooch Cafe.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Sphinxster posted:

It may be that she has just been holding it.

Please don't make me defend Evans.

Could be you're right.

Hell, if Gunther spends his whole time in Peru being ravaged by some unspecified gastrointestinal distress, I'll defend Evans myself.

"Say what you want about that Luann comic, but Gunther didn't even bother to bring any antibiotics with him to Peru and spent the next few weeks making GBS threads and praying for death. Now that's realism!"

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

So after League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Lost Side of Suburbia is now going for the bit in Sandman with the mysterious inn, I guess?

Not complaining, mind you, just sort of hoping he does Transmetropolitan or Planetary next.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

"I promised I wouldn't tell, but I'm an rear end in a top hat."

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

Wow that's pretty saucy for 3G.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

That kid might want to check her pockets for rocks, her olds seem awfully obsessed with getting her into that pool despite her not wanting to the point of either hallucinating or actual deities telling her not to so like maybe they want her to drown?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Lovely Horse posted:

So after League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Lost Side of Suburbia is now going for the bit in Sandman with the mysterious inn, I guess?

Not complaining, mind you, just sort of hoping he does Transmetropolitan or Planetary next.

I was thinking Canterbury Tales, since it's the "Cankerbury Inn".

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Hell, if Gunther spends his whole time in Peru being ravaged by some unspecified gastrointestinal distress, I'll defend Evans myself.
I'm hoping he gets lost in the Amazon and is never heard from again.

Oh, so she is actually taking the warning from God seriously. The "yeah, maybe I'll get swimming lessons" was just to appease her parents.

Curtis

Surely this violates child labour laws?

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

gastrointestinal distress

One of my favorite phrases. I wonder where I got it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

I hope this goes on forever

Her parents cannot keep their hands off each other! I bet that's what's causing her psychosis.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Fok_It

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

As it turns out, the angel was right. Someone had pooped in the pool!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Jane's World

Just leave the glasses, Chelle, I always thought square glasses looked stupid on Jill. Tell her to get some new ones.

Non Sequitur

What does this even mean, Wiley? Is it some sort of a play on words or something?

Heavenly Nostrils

9 Chickweed Lane 7/1/2003

Wait, what? Weren't they sucking face, and talking marriage a few strips back?

Zits

Just replace the keyboard for, like, 30 bucks, dude. I've done that to my antique Acer about 3 times. It's not terribly difficult, and is a snap if you can score the bench manual from the Interwebs.

Kevin & Kell

Did we ever learn what the "prize" was for winning this so called contest? It might be worth it.

I could totally see Nemi doing this too... :v:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Good to see that Curtis is still about a dad who really can't stand his son.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

That's an expensive laptop.

I just realised, the female animals in this comic have human-like hair but the males don't. Weird.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

What does this even mean, Wiley? Is it some sort of a play on words or something?

"The Party of No" was slang for the Republican Party at the start of Obama's first term. So terrified were they of a popular Democratic president that they vowed to prevent even a single one of his issues or campaign promises getting through congress.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Bobulus posted:

"The Party of No" was slang for the Republican Party at the start of Obama's first term. So terrified were they of a popular Democratic president that they vowed to prevent even a single one of his issues or campaign promises getting through congress.

I thought that was what he was referring to, but, well, it's just dumb.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

I was thinking Canterbury Tales, since it's the "Cankerbury Inn".
Well whoops. I'd defend myself but the simple fact is I know comics better than classic literature and The Book Barn points me out to their children when they don't want their veggies.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Petey is a carrot-top

The Creeps is just childish today. (That's not to say it's not funny.)

Poptropica Now a popular tie-in to a popular* game!!

*Note, game may or may not be popular. Or good. Either way, I remember that Monty started as a tie-in to a doll and came out pretty good.

Also, those are some Gilligan-esque Frankenstien monsters.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 12, 1927)

Peanuts (July 4, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (March 16-17, 1925)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
loving hell, Les is really trying his hardest to not get this movie made isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

goatface posted:

loving hell, Les is really trying his hardest to not get this movie made isn't he?

Yes, fetch a cup of hemlock for the poor artist FORCED to make his masterpiece of dead wife hagiography into something suitable for television.

Remember, THIS is what they have to work with.

"I can't pretend to know what you're going through, but I'm here for you and ready to listen as much as you need and be your friend even if I haven't got the right words."

Yep.

That sure is dialogue.

• Locked thread