Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Rhonne posted:

Watch it be Gary Oak who wins the rumble.

You say that as a joke, but remember that Gary is kind of a badass in Rumbles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
Personally I'm rooting for Perfectly Normal Dad or Segata to win the rumble, but whoever wins, it's going to be a good time. Rumbles are always fun to watch.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Shoenin posted:

You say that as a joke, but remember that Gary is kind of a badass in Rumbles.

Gary gets like 5-6 kills before getting absolutely wrecked by someone above his weight class, so unless he is in the last 10, I doubt we can see him winning.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Speaking of rumbles, I'm surprised Gary hasn't tried to get Illidan into a match with Gabe for revenge yet.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

legoman727 posted:

Flint is on a 0-8 streak, and it's mainly because he's just loving terrible with or without his finisher. Christ, Red demolished him and we all know how bad the kid's doing. I love a good squash match, but just no.

During one of the updates on the "PS3 burned to the ground" situation, I seem to recall that Bazza mentioned that some of the CAWs would be tweaked before being re-uploaded. Flint was specifically mentioned as an example, since a bunch of his moves were broken, which might explain why he's been so awful lately.

So there's a chance Flint won't end up surpassing Gary as the ultimate jobber of VGCW.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Don't quote me on this but I think I saw a new version of Segata on the servers too. I didn't check to see if he had a new finisher or anything but it did tout being new and improved.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm going to miss the show tonight due to work, so I'll just throw out my prediction now before I go.

The winner of the Rumble will be: GABEWINSLOL.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Johnny Cage would be a pretty interesting winner as well. Mortal Kombat all the way.

Bazza's also announced a Casual Championship match tonight, where intergalactic champion Falcon defends against the Practice's most lethal creation, Air Man.

Edit: LET'S GO FALCON!

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 1, 2014

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Justin_Brett posted:

Speaking of rumbles, I'm surprised Gary hasn't tried to get Illidan into a match with Gabe for revenge yet.

I'm not sure where Bazza's going to go with Illidan's character now that he's been beaten by two wrestlers, one barely above jobber status. Random chance built up the Illidan storyline and then totally undermined it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Illidan hasn't really even spoken a word since he got hired. His only real impact has been to make Gary relevant again, and that might be all the more he amounts to.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

I'm not sure where Bazza's going to go with Illidan's character now that he's been beaten by two wrestlers, one barely above jobber status. Random chance built up the Illidan storyline and then totally undermined it.

It might have just gotten pushed to the side for a bit to introduce the Mecha- storyline and the unbelievable hype that Scorpion has generated which was huge even before 10-10 and/or 11-10. If it was me I might parlay those losses into some growing friction between Gary and Illidan, especially since his loss against Barret seemed to only happen because Gary didn't distract the ref, but I'm nothing if not a terrible writer so that's probably stupid in some way I haven't thought of. Speaking of that, purely of out curiosity's sake, can you do plot scenes where a manager accidentally or "accidentally" hits their own wrestler with a weapon?

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 1, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think from the beginning it was only a question of which of Gary or Illidan is going to betray the other first.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

:siren: Star Road 2 confirmed coming "soonish" by Bazza in pre-show chat :siren: (or maybe he's just pulling people's legs again)

Coolguye posted:

Illidan hasn't really even spoken a word since he got hired. His only real impact has been to make Gary relevant again, and that might be all the more he amounts to.

He's had like one or two lines when Scorps made his challenge, if I recall.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Sindai posted:

I think from the beginning it was only a question of which of Gary or Illidan is going to betray the other first.

Yes I wonder if Illidan, literally known as The Betrayer, will betray somebody. :allears:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Policenaut posted:

Don't quote me on this but I think I saw a new version of Segata on the servers too. I didn't check to see if he had a new finisher or anything but it did tout being new and improved.

Yes...Yes :unsmigghh:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope to see some good visual improvements on most of the remade CAWs.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Policenaut posted:

Please let him have the Head-dropping burning-hammer alike as a regular finisher/sig

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Yes I wonder if Illidan, literally known as The Betrayer, will betray somebody. :allears:

drat my lack of Warcraft knowledge :argh:

Actually this would make it even funnier is Gary betrayed Illidan.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Kibayasu posted:

I'd really like to see Gary betray Illidan and subsequently get squashed for it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

drat my lack of Warcraft knowledge :argh:

Not even Warcraft knowledge, it's right in his title card (and presumably floating above his head at all times in brackets).

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Bazza Curse has now affected USA against Belgium :911:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
What in the world does this madman have in store for us if he opened with DK/Ganon

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

One day, one day we will get Bikerdorf.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
That's what we have VGCW Arena for, WHICH IS THIS SUNDAY

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ganon as a curtain jerker? Jeez.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
If that's the first match, I can't wait to see what else there is.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Honestly I'm just shocked he won with the Brogue Kick, ain't that the weakest finisher in the game?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Dat Warlock Kick. Das boot is real.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I dont care what anyone says, Ganny's moveset always looks brutal

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Why was Ganon up against DK again? DK has sucked since '14.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

I'm upset we never got a D.K./Ganon match in 13.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The moment Wily says the word Dan, chat spontaneously erupts in cries of Dandroid.

I love you, chat. :allears:

e: THAT HAT.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
"That's civil as gently caress" :allears: Dragons are the best.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Extreme Rules Gabe?

VESUS WHO?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

This loving card ALREADY.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Tonight: MASTODONS

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
This card

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Gaben vs Bowser?

Welp, the Ref's gonna be fearing for his life on this one. :stare:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

By God, this referee is going to die by the time this night is through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

D.K./Ganon, Gabe/Bowser... what's next? AVGN/Little Mac?

• Locked thread