Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Rattata assist trophy: Rattata used dig! *the match starts over*

"Rattata used dig!" *kicks you back to the main menu and also rolls your save back by three hours*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I hope there's a .5% chance that a Goldeen will pop out of the Master Ball.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 1, 2014

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Echo Chamber posted:

I hope there's a .5% chance that a Goldeen will pop of the Master Ball.

This, but it uses Horn Drill once randomly while it's flopping around and instantly KOs whoever is nearby.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

This, but it uses Horn Drill once randomly while it's flopping around and instantly KOs whoever is nearby.

I remember people saying that back in the SSB64 days

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I honestly thought it did that because it happened to me once but after the internet was out for a while I figured it must have been some other random explosion or something weird.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...
The real choice for a Pokémon-series assist trophy is Team Rocket. They technically appeared in Yellow (and Misty's trophy in Melee uses her Anime incarnation), and would be one of the few attackable assists, being able to be star KO'd.

Or, you know, Prof. Oak forbidding you from using any items for 30 seconds or something.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Mennonites Revenge posted:

Or, you know, Prof. Oak forbidding you from using any items for 30 seconds or something.

Oak's words echoed... [Fighter]! There's a time and place for everything! But not now.

The game contains no script for Fox.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Mennonites Revenge posted:

The real choice for a Pokémon-series assist trophy is Team Rocket. They technically appeared in Yellow (and Misty's trophy in Melee uses her Anime incarnation), and would be one of the few attackable assists, being able to be star KO'd.

Team Rocket would just say their motto and leave.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Pyroi posted:

Team Rocket would just say their motto and leave.

They blast off (again) with one of the fighters. :v:

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Team Rocket forces any Pikachus in the fight to teleport directly to them and use their down B.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The Team Rocket assist trophy will grab a player, like so:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
You know, a Pokemon Trainer Assist Trophy could be cool, but rather than throw out a normal Poke Ball as the existing item, he should throw one at the nearest player. It would then capture them and the player would have a few seconds to button mash to escape, and if they fail it's a KO, with the difficulty to escape depending on your percentage. Low percent, pretty easy. High? Pretty much guaranteed.

Edit: Better yet, if the Pokemon Trainer Assist Trophy is gotten a second time in a match it has a chance (possibly 100% chance) to instead of capturing a player to temporarily release a high level CPU version of whoever it last captured.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

It would then capture them and the player would have a few seconds to button mash to escape

But if the person who used the assist trophy presses down on the d-pad and the B button, it makes it much harder to get out!

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

You know, a Pokemon Trainer Assist Trophy could be cool, but rather than throw out a normal Poke Ball as the existing item, he should throw one at the nearest player. It would then capture them and the player would have a few seconds to button mash to escape, and if they fail it's a KO, with the difficulty to escape depending on your percentage. Low percent, pretty easy. High? Pretty much guaranteed.

Edit: Better yet, if the Pokemon Trainer Assist Trophy is gotten a second time in a match it has a chance (possibly 100% chance) to instead of capturing a player to temporarily release a high level CPU version of whoever it last captured.

That is such a cool idea. I think it would also be funny if other players could pick up the Pokeball while the capture player is button mashing and toss it off the stage, but maybe that would be too much.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

But if the person who used the assist trophy presses down on the d-pad and the B button, it makes it much harder to get out!

Yes, exactly, except it's up and B.

Bass Bottles posted:

That is such a cool idea. I think it would also be funny if other players could pick up the Pokeball while the capture player is button mashing and toss it off the stage, but maybe that would be too much.

If they wanted the whole "captured player" thing to come up more often, they could make the next (or a random) poke ball used in that match throw out the clone.

Letting other people pick up the captured player's ball might be too much though, yeah.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
So why would you play as Mac in anything but the pink tracksuit?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Multiple costumes for a single character has me pretty hyped up.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

WadeBartender posted:

So you can play as American Mac from that same screenshot.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Not only do they have his pink hoodie alt, that other costume is his outfit from the World Circuit on Punch-Out Wii.

Sakurai, take my money, you've earned it. :swoon:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

What I can't wait for is the soundtrack. Brawl had some amazing remixes and orchestrations, it made the 50$ price tag worth it on its own.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Now that Mac has a costume that adds a whole layer of clothes to his model, it's even weirder and funnier that they didn't make a hatless Link model for his SS clothes.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

What I can't wait for is the soundtrack. Brawl had some amazing remixes and orchestrations, it made the 50$ price tag worth it on its own.

Speaking of, I wish that they had released some kind of soundtrack for Brawl.

Instead here's every single track compiled into one 7 1/2 hour video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae93rfDP5r4

EDIT: I posted this as a joke but am now 37 minutes in and have no desire to turn it off.

ireladd fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 1, 2014

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

:mrgw:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

WadeBartender posted:

So you can be Wireframe, of course.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

Now that Mac has a costume that adds a whole layer of clothes to his model, it's even weirder and funnier that they didn't make a hatless Link model for his SS clothes.

Well they have the model already for his intro animation.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Now we just need Little Mac from Super Punch-Out and we'll have everything covered

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I wonder if they are going to make all the costumes/texture alts available from the get go or whether they will make them rare stage drops like the CD's were and hopefully should be again.

On one hand its sort of a pain in the arse to wait for a random stage drop to get the costume you'd want, but on the other hand, I won't say I didn't like how the CD's were handeled in Brawl.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

DrPaper posted:

Now we just need Little Mac from Super Punch-Out and we'll have everything covered

Please no. Not again. :gonk:

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Oh my god I literally squealed in real life when I saw that update. It was under my breath because I didn't want to wake people up but still. Holy poo poo I didn't think that costume would make it after they showed off Wireframe Mac. The other color is cool too but why would you ever play anything but sweatsuit Mac. Holy poo poo I am so hype right now.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
I hope this isn't another Wario scenario.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This is amazing. The only way they could do this better is if there was a secret taunt similar to Snake on Shadow Moses that lets you throw off his clothes like his entrance during the game.
To be fair though, from a technical standpoint, this costume is no big deal. They already had a model for it during his entrance-animation, so turning it into an alternate costume was no big deal. Now that I think about it, though – what would his new intro animation be?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Crawfish posted:

I wonder if they are going to make all the costumes/texture alts available from the get go or whether they will make them rare stage drops like the CD's were and hopefully should be again.

On one hand its sort of a pain in the arse to wait for a random stage drop to get the costume you'd want, but on the other hand, I won't say I didn't like how the CD's were handeled in Brawl.

I think they'll probably end up being unlocks, at least some of them. If there's more than one skin per character and it isn't just a P1 P2 thing, than it would make a lot of sense to make them unlockable. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Falco as a reskin for Fox either.

Either way, this is super cool. Can't wait to see some more alts.

edit: The unique B moves make that more likely, I think. It really isn't too far out there to think that some of Fox's alternate specials will be similar to what Falco has had before.

I wonder how the custom movesets are going to be handled by the competitive community? I'm pretty sure custom characters, wonky hitboxes and all, were tourney legal in most Soul Calibur 5 tournies. :shrug:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 1, 2014

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I still don't think we'll see reskins that change the character's identity, or shove two totally different characters into a shared slot. Even Project M is avoiding that with their alt costumes, because it's odd to do.

"This game's winner is... Fox!" *Falco appears for victory pose*

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

I still don't think we'll see reskins that change the character's identity, or shove two totally different characters into a shared slot. Even Project M is avoiding that with their alt costumes, because it's odd to do.

"This game's winner is... Fox!" *Falco appears for victory pose*

They could just have the announcer say Falco. Samus and ZSS were treated as the same character by Brawl, but that didn't stop them from giving ZSS her own unique win-screen.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Samus and ZSS are an example of two different fighters who are the same character. You're talking about making the same fighter be two different characters. A closer comparison would be Villager or WFT, but even in those cases you're still Villager/WFT whichever gender you pick.

Making Fox and Falco the same fighter with alt models/voices makes exactly as much sense as doing that with Mario and Luigi, and they didn't do that with Mario and Luigi because it'd be goofy as poo poo.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 1, 2014

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

horriblePencilist posted:

Now that I think about it, though – what would his new intro animation be?

To take off another pink sweatshirt.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

gently caress Lucina, NO PANTS MARTH FOR SMASH.

NO PANTS MARTH FOR SMASH.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

weird bleep posted:

gently caress Lucina, NO PANTS MARTH FOR SMASH.

NO PANTS MARTH FOR SMASH.

sharrrk posted:

That new Marth alt looks really cool, but I was really hoping for goofy pantsless Marth and I can't say I'm not disappointed.

Edit: At least I got goofy pantsless Pit instead, so I guess that's something.

Preach it, brother.

RE: Pink Hoodie Little Mac, I'm curious if his entrance animation is him still pulling off his pink hoodie to reveal another pink hoodie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

We all know what this game really needs.

• Locked thread