Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

"It's morning in America." ~ Ronald Wilson Reagan

Josh stopped the sun again, poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Good scrambled egg recipe: one egg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aazP6zvJmiQ

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

XyloJW posted:

Back when the internet was young, I found a website selling exotic meats. It was a plain html website with just the choices of meat, a description, a picture, and "email for price and shipping information." Buffalo steaks and buffalo burgers at the top, then ground emu chuck. Then lion steaks and lion ribs. Hippo steaks and hippo roasts. Ground giraffe meat. And at the bottom, "We have acquired an elephant. Transporting elephant meat is illegal in many countries, so please verify that you have a way to receive it before contacting us. We will cut to specification."
Buffalo Burgers are goddamn delicious. It literally tastes exactly like a hamburger except it has less fat and less calories. We need to stop raising cattle and start raising Buffalo. It seems like there used to be huge herds of Buffalo in America, more than you could ever need, what happened to them? Oh, right. They were a big Native American food source, and we can't have that.:911::smith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well that and also all of the great plains were turned into farms.

There are sill buffalo herds though on federal land I believe.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
In Nepal most places seem to use buffalo instead of cow because there are so many Hindus there who can't eat beef. It's usually abbreviated buff so you think you're just going to get a plate of biceps or something.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
Well it is muscle food so that sounds right to me.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Ten years ago today, Saddam made his first appearance in kangaroo court:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3855359.stm

Do people eat Kangaroo? I imagine Kangaroo burgers would be somewhere on the scale between gamey and inedible.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cheekio posted:

Do people eat Kangaroo? I imagine Kangaroo burgers would be somewhere on the scale between gamey and inedible.

Yes people eat Kangaroo and it's really easy to gently caress it up when cooking. Cooked properly however and it's great.

http://gourmetgame.com.au/our-recipes/cooking-guide/

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Cheekio posted:

It can be awesome. They used to serve it here but then they stopped and THEN they went out of business/closed, coincidence?
http://www.yelp.com/biz/long-tan-restaurant-brooklyn

(It can also be very bad.)

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
In Australia kangaroo eats you.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

euphronius posted:

Well that and also all of the great plains were turned into farms.

There are sill buffalo herds though on federal land I believe.
There's a managed buffalo herd not far from me on Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake. Because they're on a goddamn island the herd is very pure DNA-wise so they will round them up once a year and pull a few out to be sent to other herds and ship some in so they don't all become :downs: inbred. You can sign up to ride in the roundup if you like that cowboy thing and own or can borrow a horse.

Also my great uncle used to have a herd and we got buffalo steaks and ground buffalo. He used to because he's dead now and I don't think he can keep up very well.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Is global warming fake because:

"CO2 from human industry is a drop in the bucket compared to what is produced by volcanoes and the processes of life"
"H2O vapor is more important than CO2 in trapping heat"
"Earth has gone through periods of warming and cooling"
"Current global temperatures are lower than they were 2 thousand years ago"
"Measurements of rising temperatures are based on data from urban weather stations"
"Global climate models cannot accurately predict current conditions based on past conditions"

Geology professor who reads Breitbart taught this in class, and demanded people know the alternative science from environmentalist exaggeration.
Hockey Stick Graph IS FRAUD AND A CRIME AGAINST HUMAN PROGRESS
Environmentalists refuse to have their data public! UNTIL heroic hackers released their fake data from the emails incident a few years ago.

This is the actual truth!
http://www.john-daly.com/hockey/hockey.htm <-This doesn't fit the narrative!!!

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 1, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I've been wanting this thread for awhile, thanks. Now I can finally talk about how Batman relates to everything political without it being a derail.

edit: I don't get why Obama tries to appeal to conservatives (I know he's a conservative by our standards) on anything. The guy could literally fire undocumented children from a canon back into Mexico (whether they're from Mexcio or not), create a wall of wildfire to protect the border, force every employer to use E-verify and people would still blame him for whatever they don't like. My aunt was actually bitching about how Obama had something to do with her being summoned for jury duty on Facebook the other day.

Also whenever he issues an executive order I just can't help but laugh every time someone mentions that it only applies to federal workers. Sure its good to set an example I suppose but I just can't help but feel bad for how impotent the right has made him.

Anyway, right now I kinda wish Hillary (sigh) had won in 08 and Obama had waited until 2016. He would have cleaned house in 2016 and might actually have been in a more welcoming environment.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jul 1, 2014

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Avshalom posted:

e: If you have any questions for Ariel, please direct them via me.

So was that you Grandpa sold arms to back in '45-46?

On a more serious note, you know what's good? Ostrich. Ostrich is like turkey that tastes like beef.

Also, I like TAS Batman. It's very clear in a lot of quiet ways that Bruce Wayne does quite a lot to clean up Gotham the hard way, from social services to giving felons a second chance to college scholarships to encouraging public works from other rich people to environmental sanctuaries to taking over and cleaning up more toxic companies.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 1, 2014

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

God drat the environment is hosed.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Nonsense posted:

God drat the environment is hosed.

As a wealthy individual why should I care? My wealth is well diversified across the globe so if America goes to poo poo because of X I can just leave. I mean lets see, things have gone to poo poo and now that it's obvious that I'm partially to blame my choices are:

1.Stick around, make some sacrifices to help fix the problems I helped cause. Maybe pay higher taxes, invest in companies that will help fix the problem, encourage others like myself to also give back and ostracize those that do not, live a life of semi-luxury or even a median income life to set an example, etc.

2. Leave with my family and continue to enjoy my sweet life of relaxation, driving nice cars, banging super models, snorting coke and ordering people around.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 1, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I think it might say something about America that our politicians' go to method of insulting a foreign country involves food.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
But we loved Chinese Drywall.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 1, 2014

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
"Belgium waffles"

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

cafel posted:

A nice smoked paprika aioli mixed with the meat and as a spread makes them pretty tasty.

I think this is something everyone can agree on, whether Leftist or Rightist.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Quick name one thing about Belgium.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Wheat beer

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Belgium, which is just oh so barely barely a country, still managed to commit one of the most heinous campaigns of violence and brutality in all of the history of European colonialism.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Germany's highway to France

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zoux posted:

i live here what do you want to know?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zoux posted:

Belgium, which is just oh so barely barely a country, still managed to commit one of the most heinous campaigns of violence and brutality in all of the history of European colonialism.
we aim high, what can i say

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

R. Mute posted:

i live here what do you want to know?

Do you speak Flemish?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

yes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I understand that if they had a referendum whether or not to keep Belgium a thing, most Belgians would be like, nah.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Joementum posted:

I think it might say something about America that our politicians' go to method of insulting a foreign country involves food.

Well we are consistent, just wait until Jai Alai finally makes it big.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zoux posted:

Saviors of Conogolese education?....:newt:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

zoux posted:

Lambics. Tasty poo poo.

e: also Belgian draft horses

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Further in that twitter thread Rep. Paul Gosar, DDS reveals that he eats gluten free, so he wouldn't eat Belgian waffles anyway.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zoux posted:

I understand that if they had a referendum whether or not to keep Belgium a thing, most Belgians would be like, nah.
nah. the two main separatist parties in flanders only have about 35% of the flemish vote or 24% of the national vote. and many of the voters of the largest of the two parties - N-VA - just want more autonomy, not full independence. so nah

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's the racist term for a Belgian?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

we haven't earned one yet, i think

maybe just belgian

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

What's the racist term for a Belgian?

Chocolatier.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
neuken in de keuken

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah this is the closest thing to a slur I can think of:

What's Belgium famous for? Chocolates and child abuse, and they only invented the chocolates to get to the kids.

(from movie en Bruges)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

zoux posted:

Front 242 and one of the most horrifying examples of colonial brutality ever.

• Locked thread