Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

BlueArmyMan posted:

Visited the mall I used to work at on my last trip back home, and came across this:

I hope The Miz's pitch for getting your GED is just "You know who doesn't have a GED? ZACK RYDER"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

I hope The Miz's pitch for getting your GED is just "You know who doesn't have a GED? ZACK RYDER"

Hey Regal, this is just like when The Miz told me to get a GED.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Concept art for a (sadly) cancelled WWE fighting game by Rich Lyons:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
MechaMcMahon Vs MechaHitler.

Book it.

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
God drat it, that game looks like it would've been fun.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gonzo McFee posted:

MechaMcMahon

Vince MechMahon, surely.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

In case nobody saw it, there is gameplay footage. Kinda looks like Power Stone with wrestlers.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Vince MechMahon, surely.

McMahonDroid

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

In case nobody saw it, there is gameplay footage. Kinda looks like Power Stone with wrestlers.

What the hell is up with that Polygon video player

The game looks like it would have been fun in short bursts with multiplayer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

What the hell is up with that Polygon video player

The game looks like it would have been fun in short bursts with multiplayer

it looks like that WWE All Stars with breakables. I woulda played the poo poo out of that.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Brawl looks like it would've owned. Sad.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mecha McMahon, Big Show, Stone Cold, John Cena... Ted DiBiase?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Million Dollar Droid.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Unsurprisingly, if John Cena was a Mortal Kombat character he'd be Kurtis Stryker.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Holy crap, I forgot all about that game. I remember seeing a video way way back and thinking it could be a silly fun game, but then I guess it just totally left my consciousness.

Have there been any spin-off WWE games that have been successful? I know there was that one Gameboy (I think) game where you had to rescue a kidnapped Stephanie and there was a Twisted Metal-esque game years ago, but I can't recall any that really stuck out as being too much fun.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Matt Hardy would've sued. Look at McMahon's shoulder in that first pic! XD

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Unsurprisingly, if John Cena was a Mortal Kombat character he'd be Kurtis Stryker.

yeah the best one

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

yeah the best one

Fireball-shooting Bruce Lee dragon guy, Shaolin monk with razor hat, blood-feuding Hellspawn, ice-controlling ninja, 10000 year old princess with magic fan blades, shapeshifting soul-stealer, NYC riot cop with a gun, mutant with sword arms, thunder god...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

Fireball-shooting Bruce Lee dragon guy, Shaolin monk with razor hat, blood-feuding Hellspawn, ice-controlling ninja, 10000 year old princess with magic fan blades, shapeshifting soul-stealer, NYC riot cop with a gun, mutant with sword arms, thunder god...

Sounds like a bunch of nerd poo poo and one real rear end dude.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Does Stevie really look like that?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Liar Lyre posted:

"the studio could have completed the game had THQ not intervened."

gently caress THQ, they hosed up so much in their death throes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sticklefifer posted:

Stryker was like the coolest character in the last game. I mean, his winning pose had him throw a grenade over his shoulder while walking away, stop, glare at the camera and stand there while the explosion went off and blood sprayed his face.

Also, in Mortal Kombat 3, he looked like Randal from Clerks and Randal was the man.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

:swoon:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Two dirty traitors in that picture!

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

I love that in the background of a picture full of cool suit-wearing motherfuckers, you have a shirtless Iizuka yelling at something.

Wait. It's Iizuka. He's probably just yelling, period.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

They burned Nakamura's suit immediately after.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gavok posted:

Stryker was like the coolest character in the last game. I mean, his winning pose had him throw a grenade over his shoulder while walking away, stop, glare at the camera and stand there while the explosion went off and blood sprayed his face.

Also, in Mortal Kombat 3, he looked like Randal from Clerks and Randal was the man.

I don't know, in MK3 he couldn't even do a real roundhouse kick.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

In MK3 he was a bike cop with spanx on.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Man, that concept artwork is pretty great.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

It's a shame that Ishii and Yano are cut off.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

hey WWE turn that concept artwork into sick action figures and I'll rob a liquor store to buy them all.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Jesus Christ these guys are cool

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I found this while looking for more Brawl concept art. I have no idea what the context or source is.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Yeah he does, I was looking for a youtube vid on proper resistance band curl form on youtube a few months ago and it turns out he's got a bunch of how-to vids on basic exercises. Works as a personal trainer, I guess.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

How are the characters from that weird pen and paper pro wrestling RPG that I used to always see advertised in PWI as a kid supposed to show up at a live event?!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yeah he does, I was looking for a youtube vid on proper resistance band curl form on youtube a few months ago and it turns out he's got a bunch of how-to vids on basic exercises. Works as a personal trainer, I guess.

You step on it and do curls.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Iizuka. :allears:

Liar Lyre posted:

I found this while looking for more Brawl concept art. I have no idea what the context or source is.

Looks like Kurt Angle as a comic book character called DNuke - a patriotic drug abuser with severe mental issues.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jul 2, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Iizuka. :allears:

Looks like Kurt Angle as a comic book character called Duke - a patriotic drug abuser with severe mental issues.

Nuke barely looks like that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I Before E posted:

Nuke barely looks like that.

Haha, whoops! :doh:

It's what immediately came to mind at least, a variation on the look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Angle would totally dig the flag tattoo and tri-color pill addiction.