Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Jean Claude Van Damme is from Belgium. Not really a feather in its cap, though. Neutral at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm disappointed that Arkham Knight has been delayed to 2015.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Ooooh, nice try but no.

I'm down with allowing Romney to be Spider-Man but he has to be newspaper Spider-Man.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Joementum posted:

Speaking of Batman, Ann, which superhero would Mitt most like to be?

Ooooh, nice try but no.

Haha gently caress yes how did I forget about that.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

XyloJW posted:

Obligatory answer: Red Tornado

Obligatory answer: Ozymandias

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Nothing against the guy, he's alright, he's just no Dolph Lundrgen.

Even though Lundgren is kind of a shithead politically.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Oh c'mon, Romney totally Deadpool.

His candidacy still manages to be alive somehow.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
At least we can all agree that Ron Paul would be Gold.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Barack Obama is Storm from the X-Men because he caused hurricane sandy to steal the election.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Jagchosis posted:

Barack Obama is Storm from the X-Men because he caused hurricane sandy to steal the election.

Also because he's Kenyan #makesuthink

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Apparently there was a Mormon Marvel superhero, but it was a woman named Dr. Deseret and she was from an alternate history where the South won the Civil War.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Also where Mormon women are allowed to occupy positions of power.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Belgian waffles aren't even from Belgium. It's just a foreign name to make it sound posh, like Haagen-Dasz.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Senator Thune is watching the game.

But two thirds of Vermont's Congressional delegation are living it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So is it treason to watch the World Cup or not watch it?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ufarn posted:

So is it treason to watch the World Cup or not watch it?

Depends on whether we win or not.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
game is ok, still hope Belgium wins because why not

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
As usual, Ted Cruz is trying too hard.

also: omg gold fringes! someone alert Alex Jones!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Belgium definitely has the advantage. It's looked a bit hairy for the US so far.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Isn't the Belgian team supposed to be some "golden generation"?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If the US wins, can I still eat a Belgian Waffle to signify the spoils of our defeated enemy? Is that patriotic enough?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Isn't the Belgian team supposed to be some "golden generation"?
It's just syrup.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Chantilly Say posted:

If the US wins, can I still eat a Belgian Waffle to signify the spoils of our defeated enemy? Is that patriotic enough?

If the US can't get off defense, you won't have to worry about that.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Joementum posted:

I think it might say something about America that our politicians' go to method of insulting a foreign country involves food.

Wait, this is in response to a World Cup Match, which (I assumed) is a friendly competition and not a harrowing blood sport?And because of this, actual politicians are calling for the total boycott of anything invented in Belgium, even though most Belgian Waffles in the US are probably made by US companies, so the only people hurt by this (if any) will be American small business owners? Is this correct?

And if the answer to that question is 'yes', or 'pretty much', I have a follow up question:

Just what in the name of all that is good and just in the world, what is wrong with you people?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Nothing against the guy, he's alright, he's just no Dolph Lundrgen.

Even though Lundgren is kind of a shithead politically.

Most of your favorite actors are. Adam Baldwin for example.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ChaosSamusX posted:

Just what in the name of all that is good and just in the world, what is wrong with you people?

You are associating me with idiot politicians and Georgia, and I resent that.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Uh it's not really serious, chaossamus. I mean the jingoism is real, but no one is actually organizing a boycott.

If it surprises you, you should look up freedom fries, except I know you already know about that.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
It's a nice sunny winter morning in Australia. I hope you're all having a good day.

R. Mute posted:

tell him to suck my dick
I got an answer for you! Last night I dreamt that Ariel and I went to a marsh in the middle of Sydney to catch ducks. He gave me a stick of magical charcoal and I drew a circle on the ground that if a duck stepped into it, it would be instantly frozen and I could just pick it up and take it home. Unfortunately, people kept walking into it instead and soon we were surrounded by a pack of frozen human statues in weird contorted positions. He thought that what we were doing was probably illegal so we went home before the cops showed up. Instead of taking us anywhere that I recognised, the train dropped us off at a charity organisation that manufactures and installs benches for men who are much taller than their wives, so that when they're out in public and they want to kiss there's always a handy bench nearby for the lady to stand on.

I'll leave it up to you to interpret this.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
He's trying to tell you that trying to catch individual perpetrators of gender discrimination is fruitless, and that you should seek to make structural changes to society to bring about gender equality.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

XyloJW posted:

Uh it's not really serious, chaossamus. I mean the jingoism is real, but no one is actually organizing a boycott.

If it surprises you, you should look up freedom fries, except I know you already know about that.

Freedom Fries was about something semi-serious (it was still a really dumb move). This would have been about a friendly sporting match, which is why I was so shocked.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

paragon1 posted:

He's trying to tell you that trying to catch individual perpetrators of gender discrimination is fruitless, and that you should seek to make structural changes to society to bring about gender equality.
That's a good interpretation and I can see how it kind of relates to sucking a goon's dick.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

ChaosSamusX posted:

Freedom Fries was about something semi-serious (it was still a really dumb move). This would have been about a friendly sporting match, which is why I was so shocked.

Freedom Fries also involved actually changing the name of stuff in the House cafeteria and places around the country doing that, whereas this is a few tweets from people that apparently don't even serve/eat Belgian waffles.

Plus, I see you in the cartoon thread all the time, absolutely nothing should shock you.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

fuuuuuccckkkkk

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Of course, Ted Cruz decided that he had to out-do his colleagues with the fake(?) jingoism. He's really overcompensating for that time he was a Canadian, which was his entire life until last month.

Also, it wasn't just Freedom Fries. There was Victory Cabbage too! :hist101:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

And that's it. GG US. Better luck in 2018.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Joementum posted:

Please don't publicise my children's names on the internet.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

Of course, Ted Cruz decided that he had to out-do his colleagues with the fake(?) jingoism. He's really overcompensating for that time he was a Canadian, which was his entire life until last month.

And Liberty Sausage!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Holy poo poo I take that back. Could be some crazy comeback yet!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ooof, Jones just a yard wide of the equalizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No Red Blooded American should care about soccer, Senator Cruz!

So what if it is popular, this is a Republic not a Democracy!

• Locked thread