Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!
That and this Muzaka guy, who is supposedly on Raziel's level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah, it seems less like the Union is going to be the big bad for long and more than Crombell will further perfect Frankenstein's teachings and become super strong, and that Muzaka and the werewolves may oppose the Union, but not join the Noblesse-team. Clearly something went down, since Muzaka and Rai both almost died in their original clash, and it's apparently something irreconcilable.

I think unless the first Elder is shown to be some massive entity that's hugely powerful, the end game will be Crombel Vs. Muzaka Vs. Rai

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

Yeah, it seems less like the Union is going to be the big bad for long and more than Crombell will further perfect Frankenstein's teachings and become super strong, and that Muzaka and the werewolves may oppose the Union, but not join the Noblesse-team. Clearly something went down, since Muzaka and Rai both almost died in their original clash, and it's apparently something irreconcilable.

I think unless the first Elder is shown to be some massive entity that's hugely powerful, the end game will be Crombel Vs. Muzaka Vs. Rai

Going to take a wild, unfounded guess that it has to do with their views/treatment of humanity. Muzaka probably prefers a control/eat? humans since they're lesser beings or whatever I'd guess, and obviously Rai is all isolationist and hands off. Or it'll end up being another comedy punchline since it does involve Rai and their disagreement was over something completely silly and inconsequential. Kinda betting on the former though, with Muzaka's dialogue in this fight he's had against the three black suits.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Going to take a wild, unfounded guess that it has to do with their views/treatment of humanity. Muzaka probably prefers a control/eat? humans since they're lesser beings or whatever I'd guess, and obviously Rai is all isolationist and hands off. Or it'll end up being another comedy punchline since it does involve Rai and their disagreement was over something completely silly and inconsequential. Kinda betting on the former though, with Muzaka's dialogue in this fight he's had against the three black suits.

Either I've gotten totally lost or this isn't Muzaka fighting the black suits, Muzaka is the guy that Rai actually fought. I thought this was a relatively high in the Union werewolf hierarchy, but not the Noblesse equivalent that Muzaka is.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Either I've gotten totally lost or this isn't Muzaka fighting the black suits, Muzaka is the guy that Rai actually fought. I thought this was a relatively high in the Union werewolf hierarchy, but not the Noblesse equivalent that Muzaka is.

I'm probably confused then, too much time between chapters and I just don't remember any distinguishing features about either of those characters.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah, this is a normal werewolf. Personal bodyguard of one of the werewolf elders. Muzaka is the guy who showed up when Rai and team went to that island full of research and science, apparently being kept alive secretly by the non-werewolf members of the Union.

Edit: This is Muzaka

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 26, 2014

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!
It's already basically been spelled out that Muzaka wants to kill all humans because they killed someone important to him. I'm guessing he fell in love with a human girl.

Rai's job is to protect humans from more powerful beings, so he had a problem with that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I vaguely recall someone having interest in this webtoon, and now it's being translated.

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/00-mhz-r12050

It's the one about ghosts and electric signals and poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kubera/Vol-002-Ch-093--Taboo--005-?id=198050

Holy crap, they actually revealed a bit of the Asha mystery. I don't think that has happened at all before now. Asha has been hunting down and killing people who had god names.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse... obviously we are supposed to think the Lord is here to fight Rai but that makes no sense. She is either going to heal him in someway or maybe marry him? Or it could be both. These are my two wild guesses.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Serious Frolicking posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kubera/Vol-002-Ch-093--Taboo--005-?id=198050

Holy crap, they actually revealed a bit of the Asha mystery. I don't think that has happened at all before now. Asha has been hunting down and killing people who had god names.

We've been getting hints and pieces of that so far. I wonder what her motive is. Something Vishnu asked her to do? Does it somewhat relate to the tragedy that caused her to make that deal and become the Asha we know?

As for Noblesse, I read the starting part but it kinda got boring about the part where it stopped being so much about the vampire lord awkwardly trying to deal with modern life. It feels like the inverse to Kubera--strong start, but the more it goes on the more shallow it feels. Whereas Kubera has a weak start but becomes more and more interesting the more you learn.

I guess what I'm saying is I like Kubera a whole lot more than Noblesse.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This just started up, only at 2 chapters so far but seems promising.

70 years after the end of the Korean war (in 2023) a conflict begins again on the Korean Peninsula.

Still developing the story so far but seems to have some potential.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/70

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I like Noblesse and its action segments enough, but I'm really bored of Frankenstein/Rai/all the Nobles. I enjoy when M-21 and the gang get a fight though.

Part of the issue is that the people who make Noblesse also have a subscription based comic that is all whacky highschool comedy, with Rai and the gang's daily lives at school. Which will probably never get translated.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

KittyEmpress posted:

I like Noblesse and its action segments enough, but I'm really bored of Frankenstein/Rai/all the Nobles. I enjoy when M-21 and the gang get a fight though.

Part of the issue is that the people who make Noblesse also have a subscription based comic that is all whacky highschool comedy, with Rai and the gang's daily lives at school. Which will probably never get translated.

Seriously? Because they also have another weekly Manhwa on Naver called Ability. Where do they find the time for this?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Sarcophallus posted:

Seriously? Because they also have another weekly Manhwa on Naver called Ability. Where do they find the time for this?

I don't know how often the whacky sidestory one is updated anymore, I just remember the translators saying that they wont be handling it, because there is no way for them to do it that wouldn't be stealing it or something.

I think someone on their forums did a straight up text only translation, so you could subscribe to Naver and then go read it with a text doc to read the translation... for a few chapters. :v:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The Children's Teacher Mr. Kwon has recently been updated (46).

There have been some serious events the past few chapters, and it's getting more and more :smith: with each update. So good.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nondevor posted:

The Children's Teacher Mr. Kwon has recently been updated (46).

There have been some serious events the past few chapters, and it's getting more and more :smith: with each update. So good.

Mr. Kwon :(

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 325. Welp, I guess the bad guys are super screwed now.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Breaker is out, on my phone or i would post the chapter. Can't wait for elder Kwon to murder the guy from chundomoon or whatever they're called.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/162/?all

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

New noblesse

After this chapter I feel pretty comfortable saying that the old lord is the second best character in this series.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

lil baby anime posted:

New noblesse

After this chapter I feel pretty comfortable saying that the old lord is the second best character in this series.

Literally the goofiest character.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
So at the end of today's God of High School, the author announced that there will be an official English translation coming soon. The announcement is in English at the end, and it points to https://facebook.com/LINEWEBTOON for more information. A quick check of the page shows that Naver's gonna put out official English versions of Noblesse, God of High School and Tower of God. I hope for everyone's sake Martial Arts Private High School is on that list.

EDIT: So reading some more on their facebook page, it looks like Naver is going to put out a mobile app and mobile web app for this. They're considering a PC app, so I'm guessing they won't be putting out the English translations straight on the web, but gated somehow. Either way, should be interesting to watch, especially given that English translations of Korean webtoons aren't exactly the best.

pnumoman fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 26, 2014

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Good news, everyone! Three new chapters of Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School.

Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School Chapter 33

Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School Chapter 34

Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School Chapter 35

It's so pointlessly dramatic and fast!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is it just me or is webcomic art generally not as high quality as manga art in general? I guess that's because there's less money in the webcomic industry.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Most webcomics are full color and generally have longer chapters than a manga of the same publishing schedule (Tower of God is weekly but seems to have around 25-30 pages per chapter). Also they might not have assistants.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I've always wondered how much faster it is to do all the big pages without panels that webtoons do compared to the 8+ panels a typical manga page has.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Has there been any info whats going on Naver's english app and if its going to be retarded like Viz's and be US web browser only?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Nah, all they've really said about it is that it's gonna be on android and ios early july and maybe on computers later.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Jose posted:

Has there been any info whats going on Naver's english app and if its going to be retarded like Viz's and be US web browser only?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naver.linewebtoon

The Play store app is up. Has a decent selection

Girls of the Wild's, The Stories of Those Around Me, cheese in the trap, God of Bath, About death, unTouchable, THE GIRL FROM CLASS, Salty Studio, Magical 12th Graders, Annarasumanara, FAMILY MAN, New Normal: Class 8, I don't want this kind of hero, Aisopos, Noblesse, Tower of God, The God of High School, Hellper, Kubera, DICE, Knight run, Denma, Lessa, Orange Marmalade, The Gamer, UnderPrin, Magician, Flow, Trump, SOUL CARTEL, Gepetto, Blue Chair, Smile Brush, Midnight Rhapsody, Penguin Loves Mev, My Kitty and Old Dog, HIVE, Distant Sky, The cliff.

Not all of them have full backlogs and the translations can be kind of spotty, but they're starting from #1 on all the series.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Aw, is Dr. Frost not included in the line-up? I heard that it was going to be picked up by Naver earlier in the year but I guess not.

I need my dose of psychology drama. :negative:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/165/?all

I never thought I'd :swoon: at glasses guy but :swoon:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hahaha yeah when he pulled the gun on the boss and is like 'eat poo poo' that was pretty awesome. At least a lot of things are making sense now.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Shioon post-meditation power-up rear end-kicking time :unsmigghh:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Noblesse 328 Yay, Muzaka / Raziel backstory! Also god dammit, old Lord :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.webtoons.com is the website in case people were wondering, just be prepared for weird scaling. I have no idea how its being paid for with no adverts and no fee

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Jose posted:

https://www.webtoons.com is the website in case people were wondering, just be prepared for weird scaling. I have no idea how its being paid for with no adverts and no fee

I imagine they'll pack the ads in later? Naver is a weird business model though.

e: Old Lord always trying to get Raizel to not be a goddamn shut in :v:

e2: I sent a feedback email to them about the scaling, I figure they'll probably get a lot of them and then maybe introduce a non-scaled viewing mode.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 9, 2014

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Breaker 166. Elder Kwon continues to be the most bad rear end person in existence and that final panel is pretty cool too.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

That site seems like it's designed to be used for a phone. I wasn't able to read anything but it supports swiping and other things. It seems like it'd be quite nice once they iron out the kinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Lyon posted:

Breaker 166. Elder Kwon continues to be the most bad rear end person in existence and that final panel is pretty cool too.

Man that chapter felt really short. But really good. :black101: