Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OK now GG USA. You played a good final 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Chantilly Say posted:

If the US wins, can I still eat a Belgian Waffle to signify the spoils of our defeated enemy? Is that patriotic enough?

You should take advantage of any excuse to eat a Belgian waffle.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
So did the us lose? I want to see if anyone can be racist about Belgians because I was thinking about it earlier and I'm not sure how you would

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

willus posted:

So did the us lose? I want to see if anyone can be racist about Belgians because I was thinking about it earlier and I'm not sure how you would

Tell a Walloon that Belgium is Dutch, tell a Fleming that Belgium is French.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Yes we lost

Algeria losing to Argentina was the real heartbreaker tho even if expected :( *waves team Costa Rica flag vaguely*

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Probably like this

Joementum posted:

NYT review of Belgian men, 1882.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Have any of you ever pictured a vagina coming loose and crawling along on the floor like a jellyfish, dragging itself by its dextrous labia?

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

Have any of you ever pictured a vagina coming loose and crawling along on the floor like a jellyfish, dragging itself by its dextrous labia?

I feel that this subject may be better suited to the ladychat thread rather than the D&D one. Unless anyone in here has an example of something like this happening and would like to debate and/or discuss it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Avshalom posted:

You know, I never thought of that image as being something missing from my life. Now that I have it... it still wasn't something missing.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

viscous wolves posted:

I feel that this subject may be better suited to the ladychat thread rather than the D&D one. Unless anyone in here has an example of something like this happening and would like to debate and/or discuss it.

Ah, but, if we saw that, what kind of booze would it make us feel like drinking?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Avshalom posted:

Yes that was in the movie Aliens and also Prometheus

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

euphronius posted:

Yes that was in the movie Aliens and also Prometheus
I've never actually seen either of these movies but it's good to know that someone else is considering the possibility.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

viscous wolves posted:

There's a ladychat thread?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Defenestration posted:

There's a ladychat thread?
Come and make yourself at home.

We talk about dildos a lot. Apart from that it's fairly chill.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

When did this thread get here? *pulls up lawnchair* :cheers:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Avshalom posted:

I've never actually seen either of these movies but it's good to know that someone else is considering the possibility.

Hungry vaginas are the basis of many horror movies.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Please be aware that I am quite sexy, but Matoi Ryuko is sexier, and treat us accordingly.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

Come and make yourself at home.

We talk about dildos a lot. Apart from that it's fairly chill.

Apologies about the title, someone decided to post in there about how their roommate died and they didn't find out until five days later.

euphronius posted:

Hungry vaginas are the basis of many horror movies.

Especially ones that had H. R. Giger involved.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

How come America only gets one soccer team even though we have 28x Belgum's population?

Avshalom posted:

Please be aware that I am quite sexy, but Matoi Ryuko is sexier, and treat us accordingly.

Only because you keep drinking your avatar away. :3:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

When did this thread get here? *pulls up lawnchair* :cheers:

It has been here a while, but you lost your way.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Matoi Ryuko posted:

How come America only gets one soccer team even though we have 28x Belgum's population?

Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa have teams too!

OH NO MY DICK
Feb 24, 2013

Forums Jesus

Avshalom posted:

That is one avant-garde fetish

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Good idea, let's just send the Timbers to the World Cup next time.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Okay, so I've got myself a taste for some olde-fashioned cocktail mixing. I like me some whiskey sours with home-made sour mix, but I wanna try something else. Important note: I am pretty drat broke and don't really want to make anything that involves more than one bottle of liquor at a time. What should I make?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Ratoslov posted:

Okay, so I've got myself a taste for some olde-fashioned cocktail mixing. I like me some whiskey sours with home-made sour mix, but I wanna try something else. Important note: I am pretty drat broke and don't really want to make anything that involves more than one bottle of liquor at a time. What should I make?

It's a good time of year for mojitos.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Chantilly Say posted:

Good idea, let's just send the Timbers to the World Cup next time.

I think we could get at least 10 good teams out of a population of 313 million. Then again, maybe we are just all really obese. :shrug:

Evil Sagan posted:

It has been here a while, but you lost your way.

Hahaha, it's only been here 2 days.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Quantity does not matter quality does. The US needs better training and it's best athletes need to play football.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

euphronius posted:

Quantity does not matter quality does. The US needs better training and it's best athletes need to play football.

They do. :confused:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

We're not talking about some small quantity here. USA's team in the world cup represents many more people than any other team does.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

hey guys we won. we did it. we won. good match, i had fun.

Avshalom posted:

I got an answer for you! Last night I dreamt that Ariel and I went to a marsh in the middle of Sydney to catch ducks. He gave me a stick of magical charcoal and I drew a circle on the ground that if a duck stepped into it, it would be instantly frozen and I could just pick it up and take it home. Unfortunately, people kept walking into it instead and soon we were surrounded by a pack of frozen human statues in weird contorted positions. He thought that what we were doing was probably illegal so we went home before the cops showed up. Instead of taking us anywhere that I recognised, the train dropped us off at a charity organisation that manufactures and installs benches for men who are much taller than their wives, so that when they're out in public and they want to kiss there's always a handy bench nearby for the lady to stand on.

I'll leave it up to you to interpret this.
seems like ol' ariel's feeling guilty about sabra and shatila. i think that counts as an admission of guilt

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The US might not have a great World Cup record, but we're still 107-2 in the World Series.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
All of our potentially awesome future soccer players are sent out onto football fields to give each other brain injuries starting around age 7.

The guy who could've been the American Messi and won today's game probably had his fourth concussion at a junior varsity football game in the year 2000 and can now barely function at a minimum wage job because of memory loss and migraines.

I can't wait for my fantasy football draft, though.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

XyloJW posted:

They do. :confused:

Jeff Samardzija dropped football for baseball.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Joementum posted:

The US might not have a great World Cup record, but we're still 107-2 in the World Series.

I was so shocked to learn that China is into Baseball. I think it's pretty bizarre for anyone outside of the US to want to play our weirdest game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh god I meant football not football. Sorry for the confusing.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

All of our potentially awesome future soccer players are sent out onto football fields to give each other brain injuries starting around age 7.

The guy who could've been the American Messi and won today's game probably had his fourth concussion at a junior varsity football game in the year 2000 and can now barely function at a minimum wage job because of memory loss and migraines.

I can't wait for my fantasy football draft, though.
considering that the us just lost to a nation of 11 million, you should know that it's not about american football taking up all the talent - you just need a decent youth system that properly develops the talents available, even if there aren't that many.

e: what would also help is having a league sans the calvinball rules

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 2, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Joementum posted:

Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa have teams too!

And Canada pretty much. May as well toss in Mexico also soon enough.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I was so shocked to learn that China is into Baseball. I think it's pretty bizarre for anyone outside of the US to want to play our weirdest game.

You wanna talk weird baseball? Let's talk baseball in Japan.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReidRansom posted:

And Canada pretty much. May as well toss in Mexico also soon enough.

Could have had Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Ukraine, and Iraq on that list, but America wasn't ready for President McCain. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And Georgia

Georiga 2. Or far East Georgia

• Locked thread