Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

univbee posted:

There's definitely weird stuff going on with that site but I can consistently access it, at least. Here's a direct link to the latest patch (1.20).
Thank you! I finally completed the story mode a few hours after I posted my question, but I updated the ROM anyway just in case I end up replaying the detective games and/or attempt Guadia Quest Saga's postgame dungeon (which I imagine will be a pain in the rear end to do since postgame dungeons usually are from what I've gathered).

Anyway, thank you again RGC2 translation team for letting me and many other GCCX fans finally play RGC2 in English. The Ace Detective games were especially amazing to play, and I love that (major ending spoiler) Kibe was the main antagonist because he wanted to brick every Gamecom and have the 'rival console' win the console war. Also, I didn't expect (not a major spoiler, but still pretty spoilery) the dried squid to actually be useful in part 2. I just assumed it was there as a joke item. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

My GCCX Budokan DVD came a day early, here's what it looks like.

http://imgur.com/a/1V00F#t3Cmjal

The text under Abe's baby picture says "My first time driving without a license!", and the book mark is styled to look like the streamers they scattered after the show.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Mine came in, too. The photo book is pretty nice. Too bad I ended up with another Inoko MAX card. :argh:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

leather fedora posted:

Mine came in, too. The photo book is pretty nice. Too bad I ended up with another Inoko MAX card. :argh:

And what's wrong with Inoko MAX? :colbert:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

RadicalR posted:

And what's wrong with Inoko MAX? :colbert:

quote:

another Inoko MAX card

I got one at the Budokan event, I imagine leather fedora did too. I'd hate a double as well.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Okay, so I guess Gackt is getting in on the GAMAY CENTARU act, too? Thanks, Nestle! (?)

http://nestle.jp/entertain/gamecenter/

First game is Megaman 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQkGMQERFuA

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
If there was any justice in the world, they'd make him play FF7: Dirge of Cerberus.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
This can only be amazing.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Semi-related: http://www.geek.com/games/grandmother-buys-old-building-in-japan-finds-55-classic-arcade-cabinets-1598130/

Someones grandma bought a building and it turns out it used to house a game center. It still had all the games!

http://imgur.com/a/yqxip

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was a guy on NeoGAF, and apparently they emailed GCCX about it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

leather fedora posted:

I'll trade you if I don't get an inoko max card. Getting my DVD set today.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Acer Pilot posted:

Semi-related: http://www.geek.com/games/grandmother-buys-old-building-in-japan-finds-55-classic-arcade-cabinets-1598130/

Someones grandma bought a building and it turns out it used to house a game center. It still had all the games!

http://imgur.com/a/yqxip

Didn't expect to see that game in there.

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:
Who has ever heard of a Metal Slug arcade machine any way?

:iiam:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Someone's here to mess Chief Arino up on the Budokan DVD.

http://imgur.com/W0m8k7I,ET7RAjM,yRfvRnM

(Spoilers)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I've been swamped with work and have had no time to translate episodes since March, but I hope to get some stuff done this month. That said, I've been working on GCCX related things for a while now -- just not episode translations. One will be coming out soon hopefully (sorry, I can't answer anything about this). The other will be revealed soon for sure. Just a heads up!

VVV I'll at least say it's not an English DVD set. Like I said, no episode translations.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 3, 2014

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

zari-gani posted:

I've been swamped with work and have had no time to translate episodes since March, but I hope to get some stuff done this month. That said, I've been working on GCCX related things for a while now -- just not episode translations. One will be coming out soon hopefully (sorry, I can't answer anything about this). The other will be revealed soon for sure. Just a heads up!

New DVD set. New DVD set. New DVD set.

I can dream, can't I?

Edit: :smith: Why you gotta be like that? Why you gotta ruin a man's dreams?

RadicalR fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 3, 2014

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

VVV I'll at least say it's not an English DVD set. Like I said, no episode translations.

The eagerly awaited debut of AD Zari-Gani is nigh!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Abe cookbook confirmed!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

The eagerly awaited debut of AD Zari-Gani is nigh!

Aurain posted:

Abe cookbook confirmed!

I would accept both of these.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Has there been any news about the Challenge in Las Vegas yet?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

There are no plans for that as far as I know. Kan told me the movie wasn't exactly a big success (though the fans were happy with it).

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Dare I ask if there's any info about a UK trip?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Nothing about that either! But they don't tell me everything. I learned about the Paris trip in advance but not Cambodia, for example.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Next episode is a Game Boy game, I'm guessing Tetris (maybe as a new 24 hour special?)

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I can't imagine anything more boring to watch than 24 hours of Tetris.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Kakaricho posted:

Next episode is a Game Boy game, I'm guessing Tetris (maybe as a new 24 hour special?)
It might be Donkey Kong '94... I've always thought that would make a great challenge, especially since the game gets pretty puzzle-y from what I remember.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Obeast posted:

It might be Donkey Kong '94... I've always thought that would make a great challenge, especially since the game gets pretty puzzle-y from what I remember.

He challenged Donkey Kong '94. And crushed it.

If Arino hadn't just done Mega Man I would have suggested one of those.

Instead, I'm going to hope that it's For the Frog the Bell Tolls which I think is short enough to be a challenge and puzzly enough that Arino will get a kick out of it.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I was also thinking For the Frog the Bell Tolls. Maybe just because the retro thread's been talking about it? Though I think it was one of the games Kibe said "maybe for a challenge" to during A Waste of Color.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here, have some more GACKT:

Super Dodge Ball:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfWMXCxEWBU

River City Ransom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo6OfiNpaFY

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

I was also thinking For the Frog the Bell Tolls. Maybe just because the retro thread's been talking about it? Though I think it was one of the games Kibe said "maybe for a challenge" to during A Waste of Color.

It's the best Game Boy game that Nintendo published that never came to the US.

One thing I'm hoping it's not is Super Mario Land. Even with Arino's skill level and the shooter stages there's a real chance that if he challenges it that he'll have a new fastest clear record.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^Come on, Trip World!

I'm guessing it'll be Wario Land, for no other reason than they want to shop Arino's face onto Wario's body.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It must be amazing to be Gackt. The guy does whatever the hell he wants and sponsors will back it, can get himself put into the most popular video game series of all time, and can make animes come back from the dead by just saying he misses them.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Lurdiak posted:

It must be amazing to be Gackt. The guy does whatever the hell he wants and sponsors will back it, can get himself put into the most popular video game series of all time, and can make animes come back from the dead by just saying he misses them.

Dear Gackt,

Please say you wish there were more Shin Mazinger, or that Yakuza would go west.

Thank you.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I just accidentally discovered a faster way to translate episodes: speed up the video. I don't know why I never thought of this before! Recommended to other fansubbers.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I honestly assumed thats what you were doing to begin with!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wonder what Gackt's eyes look like.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Who the hell is Gackt? Did he invent silly putty or something?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

Who the hell is Gackt? Did he invent silly putty or something?

Prolific Visual Kei J-rocker.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Xelkelvos posted:

Prolific Visual Kei J-rocker.

This sounds like a Street Fighter prefix, what does this mean to the layman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

This sounds like a Street Fighter prefix, what does this mean to the layman?

Very popular musician.