Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Elektra reminds me a lot of the Batwoman run Blackman was doing with JH Williams. Hardly anyone discussed him as the co-writer on that, but Elektra's making me thing he deserved much of the credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Fuckstick Electric posted:

What ever happened to Skaar and Hiro-Kala?

Skaar was part of the Dark Avengers as a mole for the good guys back when Bendis had run out of ideas for Avengers stories. Then much of the team reappeared during the tail end of Parker's Thunderbolts with Skaar there to keep an eye on them. The series was renamed Dark Avengers, they ended up in a pocket universe for a bit and then returned back to Earth 616. The end acted like they were still a team for whatever reason, but the series was canceled and there was literally no MO for what they were even about as a team, so they just faded into obscurity immediately. Like how Trickshot was showing up in Hawkeye's series a couple months later.

Pretty sure he was part of the big network of young heroes who showed up to help the Young Avengers.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Why doesn't Magneto end the threat of humanity forever by engineering a virus that can splice mutant genes into all living humans? Considering some of the ludicrous magical science that appears in comics I don't see why he hasn't tried that at least once.

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 2, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Negative Entropy posted:

Why doesn't Magneto end the threat of humanity forever by engineering a virus that can splice mutant genes into all living humans? Considering some of the ludicrous magical science that appears in comics I don't see why he hasn't tried that at least once.
Because there are a lot more super science heroes that would stop him before he started.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Negative Entropy posted:

That was basically his plan in the first X-men movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Magneto's also chilled out on the wanting to get rid of humans thing. He won't go out of his way if something happens to them, like in No More Humans, but he's not out to murder or enslave them all.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Why is Jake Waffles suddenly a totally different breed of dog-man? He's supposed to be a beagle. Is this what it feels like to be angry about minute inconsistencies based on forty year old comics?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Its it safe to assume that its Cap kid who Thor, Iron Man, and Bruce are about to fight? Its him or its Sharon.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I was just reading through a catalog of upcoming releases and saw a bunch of prose novels, like Kraven's Last Hunt and Death of Captain America. Why the gently caress are Marvel putting these out? Who could possibly be interested in reading them?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

Its it safe to assume that its Cap kid who Thor, Iron Man, and Bruce are about to fight? Its him or its Sharon.

Who what? What book?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Hakkesshu posted:

I was just reading through a catalog of upcoming releases and saw a bunch of prose novels, like Kraven's Last Hunt and Death of Captain America. Why the gently caress are Marvel putting these out? Who could possibly be interested in reading them?

Kids who like to read books without pictures too? I enjoyed the Death of Superman and Knightfall prose books when I was a kid. Sometimes the prose books are even better, like the No Man's Land prose novel.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

Why is Jake Waffles suddenly a totally different breed of dog-man? He's supposed to be a beagle. Is this what it feels like to be angry about minute inconsistencies based on forty year old comics?

Haechi got really buff, too. I'm not sure I like this new artist.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Nevvy Z posted:

Who what? What book?

In todays Cap. Zemo has opened a portal to Dimension Z, and a masked person is going to Cap's house for help. We know that his son is still alive and it would not be shocking if Sharon is also alive.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

sleepingbuddha posted:

Kids who like to read books without pictures too? I enjoyed the Death of Superman and Knightfall prose books when I was a kid. Sometimes the prose books are even better, like the No Man's Land prose novel.

I didn't read any comics as a kid, and I loved the Knightfall novel. A bit dark for a 7 year old, but I had to learn about The Time Batman Got His poo poo Destroyed and a Crazy Violent Dude Replaced Him eventually, right?

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Moon Knight #5 is one of the best action comics ever printed.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Unmature posted:

Moon Knight #5 is one of the best action comics ever printed.

It seriously is. It says a lot when the mob mook who was kicked so hard they immediately vomited and blacked out was the one that got off the easiest by far.

It was like Moon Knight: The Beat'em Up.

Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

I basically ran here to say that. Jesus, Moon Knight :black101:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I took out stuff like the novelization of the 1991 dog movie Bingo and Alien 3 when school made us read.
Those'd have been sweet.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 2, 2014

Unmature
May 9, 2008

WickedHate posted:

It seriously is. It says a lot when the mob mook who was kicked so hard they immediately vomited and blacked out was the one that got off the easiest by far.

And not a drop landed on Moon Knight's nice white suit because he's the boss.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

sleepingbuddha posted:

I read the Death of Superman novelization as a kid and thought it was loving fantastic. Then, like 5 years later, I found out it was based on an actual comic and was stunned to find people didn't like it that much.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Vindicator posted:

I basically ran here to say that. Jesus, Moon Knight :black101:

Yeah, "Moon Knight Does The Raid:Redemption" was loving awesome.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yeah The Raid 3: Moon Knight was straight up great and everybody really needs to pick up the book before Ellis and Shalvey leave and it nose dives.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And in an absolutely unshocking turn of events, Rocket Raccoon was the most underwhelming book Marvel released this week.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
That book was a walking tribute to movies like Drive and Old Boy (The Korean version of course) and it was brutal as gently caress, and it was just glorious.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Magneto 6 was awesome as hell too guys. Does anyone actually read it?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Veg posted:

I bought five Marvel books today and I still didn't buy enough to read all the great stuff they put out. I'll wait for the trade for Magneto.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Flameingblack posted:

That book was a walking tribute to movies like Drive and Old Boy (The Korean version of course) and it was brutal as gently caress, and it was just glorious.

I totally expected to be the one of the few people who liked it and see mostly people saying it was too violent and vengeful, but I'm relieved everyone is so positive about it.

Veg posted:

I liked it. It had some pretty good moments, but I was confused by the Sabertooth at the end there.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

WickedHate posted:

I totally expected to be the one of the few people who liked it and see mostly people saying it was too violent and vengeful, but I'm relieved everyone is so positive about it.

I liked it. It had some pretty good moments, but I was confused by the Sabertooth at the end there.

He was a Marauder so this Sabretooth is also a clone.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Did Sinister clone Gambit along with all the rest, or was he more of an honorary Marauder? A Maura-D-lister? I've also never understood why he needed Blockbuster. Isn't Arclight also super strong? Just clone two of her, guy. Or like 15 Scramblers. I'm thinking of his secret city in Gillen's run, where he has things like power plants powered by dozens of Cyclopses and stuff like that.

It also must secretly sting whatever Nasty Boys are still alive that they apparently weren't worth cloning. Too many Gorgeous Georges spoil the broth I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Archyduke posted:

Did Sinister clone Gambit along with all the rest, or was he more of an honorary Marauder? A Maura-D-lister? I've also never understood why he needed Blockbuster. Isn't Arclight also super strong? Just clone two of her, guy. Or like 15 Scramblers. I'm thinking of his secret city in Gillen's run, where he has things like power plants powered by dozens of Cyclopses and stuff like that.

Towards the end of Gillen's run he showed Sinister to have multiple clones of Gambit, Cyclops and a few other X-Men.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted:

Towards the end of Gillen's run he showed Sinister to have multiple clones of Gambit, Cyclops and a few other X-Men.

That was a great little arc. Although come to think of it, if he had clones of Cyclops lying around why did he bother cooking up Madelyne Pryor?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Archyduke posted:

That was a great little arc. Although come to think of it, if he had clones of Cyclops lying around why did he bother cooking up Madelyne Pryor?

Because he thought the Phoenix would pick her(hers?) over the P5 since she/they were clones of the original host.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

WickedHate posted:

I would play the poo poo out of a Moon Knight beat 'em up.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah The Raid 3: Moon Knight was straight up great and everybody really needs to pick up the book before Ellis and Shalvey leave and it nose dives.

Why do runs like this have to end? Jesus Christ was a great issue. I can't wait for the trade.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I am completely confused as to what's going on with Guardians of the Galaxy right now. Less Bendis makes me pretty happy tho.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
Moon Knight was awesome but man I'm glad they put that "GARETH" graffiti in the background because "The Raid 3: Moon Knight" is pretty shameless in being the loving Raid 3.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

coconono posted:

I am completely confused as to what's going on with Guardians of the Galaxy right now. Less Bendis makes me pretty happy tho.

Bendis is using double page spreads and textless splash pages constantly in all his books to do less work.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Reading Moon Knight and Magneto back-to-back was a nice double feature of people getting hosed up.

I like how in every non-comic incarnation of X-Men (ie. movies, cartoons, video games), Sabretooth is always one of Magneto's top lieutenants when in reality, Magneto should probably hate him more than any other mutant.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I can't get over the fact that Magneto is basically a toned down Punisher: MAX but with mutants in the main 616. I really like how the story isn't really glossing over the fact that he's still a complete loving monster, a good example being his crazy as hell rant about Marauder's not being 'true' mutants in his eyes at the end of issue 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

OldTennisCourt posted:

I really like how the story isn't really glossing over the fact that he's still a complete loving monster, a good example being his crazy as hell rant about Marauder's not being 'true' mutants in his eyes at the end of issue 6.

They basically made a career out of killing their own kind. Is Magneto's position really that out there?

• Locked thread