Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Anyone here looking to get rid of a bunch of deffkoptas? I think I want to make a too many buggies army happen. I need 15 deffkoptas to convert. I can get them for around $7 a piece from bartertown but I wanted to check here if someone has a bunch they don't want and can give me a better price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
GWs attack against bits has had an interesting side effect for me- since they cost more and there is less competition, I'm constantly flipping bits on ebay and making money.

For my 30k legionaries: buy 10-20 MK3 guys, flip the backpacks, heads, and torsos, buy GW CSM torsos, IW heads, and accessory bits- and have a finall project cost of about $20-$30. That's drat cheap for 15 completely converted FW dudes. If you're supporting communism then you can probably make a little money while amassing a large resin barbies army.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

BULBASAUR posted:

GWs attack against bits has had an interesting side effect for me- since they cost more and there is less competition, I'm constantly flipping bits on ebay and making money.

I like to believe that this is a result of all the multi-build kits being so easy to build both kits with a few additional parts and GW is scared because of the loss in sales.

But, in reality, I know GW thinks that if they stop bits sellers then people will buy entire kits that they normally wouldn't buy for that one bit.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
One time I was at the Compleat Strategist in Boston just hanging out because that's what I did when I lived near it. A guy came in looking for a miniature. He wanted a model of a woman so he could do a head swap. I talked to him and by the time he left he'd bought over $200 of Witch Hunters models that the store hadn't moved in years. People will buy the whole kit for a few bits, especially with a little encouragement.

God drat that store should've hired me when I tried to get a job there.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

SRM posted:

God drat that store should've hired me when I tried to get a job there.

You wouldn't have gotten a commission, though, would you? I can't imagine any game/comic/card shop would pay commission.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

krushgroove posted:

You wouldn't have gotten a commission, though, would you? I can't imagine any game/comic/card shop would pay commission.

And that could be why I've never been impressed by g/c/c employee. Sure I've seen competent and recklessly pushy employees but mostly tired ,bored couldn't give a gently caress.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

krushgroove posted:

"Ah this land raider is a real nice model. How long you been playing? I hope you have more land raiders at home though. Why? You didn't hear the new rules update? You have to field land raiders in groups of three as per the new SM errata. I know, I know GW they're evil capitalists, they are just gonna bleed us all dry. So you putting all three of those on your charge card right? Alright I just need you to sign here. You know about our no return policy right?"

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I heard from my local store that the space wolf codex is coming up. Can anyone confirm this?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
SW is one of the oldest codices now, but Blood Angels have been rumoured too. I don't think anyone actually knows what's up next though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

All the rumours are focusing on Dark Eldar, it's a raffle between the three

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Post 9-11 User posted:

I could watch that grunting video all day, I'm surprised its only fifteen minutes. I think the "every incomprehensible Arnold Schwarzenegger scream ever" is twice that long.

Hey guys, since Games Workshop decided once again that we can't have nice thing and shut down Battle Wagon bits, what's a trustworthy place to get bits at a fair price?

I checked the OP, don't see any mention of bits vendors. My brother got four boxes of Shock Troops, I want to give them proper weapons and maybe Cadian arms.

Where do you live? I have a loving shitton of cadian bits you can have if its feasible to send.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
If they do a good job with Dark Eldar I might be dragged back in...

:negative:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Miles O'Brian posted:

If they do a good job with Dark Eldar I might be dragged back in...

:negative:

If Orks are any indication, they wont.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

DJ Dizzy posted:

I was going to play again if the Tyranid codex was good but they Cruddaced it up. If you're not one of the "Heroic" factions and instead play one of the armies that's always portrayed as a villain it seems you're in for disappointment.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Exinos posted:

I was going to play again if the Tyranid codex was good but they Cruddaced it up. If you're not one of the "Heroic" factions and instead play one of the armies that's always portrayed as a villain it seems you're in for disappointment.

Forging a narrative!

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

I think with Chapter Traits in the main Space Marine book giving so much value and variation they're going to have a hard time making a BA codex that stands out enough. Black Rage, Apothecaries as elites, Fast vehicles, jump packs on Honour Guard and that's really it.
If they included some Successor Chapters though that'd be great. Flesh Tearers getting nastier Black Rage, Lamenters having control over the downsides of Black Rage but suffering bad luck/ally penalties, maybe? You'd only need a little side bar with two or three variants for it to be a neat option and avoids the whole "you need your chapter master to get your chapter traits" flaw of last edition.

Karandras fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 3, 2014

FoE
May 1, 2005
nothing really

Karandras posted:

I think with Chapter Traits they're going to have a hard time making a BA codex that stands out enough. Black Rage, Apothecaries as elites, Fast vehicles, jump packs on Honour Guard and that's really it.
If they included some Successor Chapters though that'd be great. Flesh Tearers getting nastier Black Rage, Lamenters having control over the downsides of Black Rage but suffering bad luck/ally penalties, maybe? You'd only need a little side bar with two or three variants for it to be a neat option and avoids the whole "you need your chapter master to get your chapter traits" flaw of last edition.

What do they do for new models though? Dante isn't great and Mephiston is old but still looks good. Maybe a new Tycho or something? I can't imagine a new codex with out some new guys this close to a new rules version, but I don't see any new models needed for BA. I would think they'd do Space Wolves just for the opportunity for new models.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

What sort of new SW models though? A couple of special characters and idk some wolves? I imagine they'll do a new transport for them, perhaps. A small and cheap assault transport could be interesting though it might just bring back the horrors of Rhino Rushing

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Karandras posted:

I think with Chapter Traits in the main Space Marine book giving so much value and variation they're going to have a hard time making a BA codex that stands out enough. Black Rage, Apothecaries as elites, Fast vehicles, jump packs on Honour Guard and that's really it.

Sorry, Flesh Tearers and Lementers are each an individual data slate that can be ordered with the limited edition codex for day 1 access or may be available as separate purchases at a later date.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Karandras posted:

What sort of new SW models though? A couple of special characters and idk some wolves? I imagine they'll do a new transport for them, perhaps. A small and cheap assault transport could be interesting though it might just bring back the horrors of Rhino Rushing

I understand a new SW flyer may be on deck.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Exinos posted:

Sorry, Flesh Tearers and Lementers are each an individual data slate that can be ordered with the limited edition codex for day 1 access or may be available as separate purchases at a later date.

Actually yeah gently caress they are perfect Supplement Codices. Just rip 40 pages from some Forgeworld and Black Library books books, write up a Warlord traits table, four or so relics, a few buffs and restrictions and bam, that'll be $50 thanks (per book).

I really feel bad for Dark Angels, if SW get a unique flyer that isn't awful then that'll just rub it in even more.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
No way that GW does two Xenos codexes back to back like they did with Orks and I think Tyranids. It's gotta be a Imperium book. It would not surprise me if Space Wolves got the 13th company back, that'd be pretty cool.

Personally, I'm really really hoping GW recognizes a great mechanic in 30k and brings in Rites of War for the new Space Marines. Cause Rites are pretty interesting.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 3, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Exinos posted:

Don't say that too loud, the apologists will blame you for being a '40k conspiracist'.
"You can't honestly believe that GW only hate 'bad guys' when Codex: Dark Angels exists, right?"

I've learnt my lesson.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Flying Space Wolves riding space wolves :v:
edit: complete with Wolf Claws, Wolf Talismans and Wolftooth necklaces. Boy, do I love the word wolf! -Phil Kelly, 2014

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 3, 2014

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Exinos posted:

If you're not one of the "Heroic" factions and instead play one of the armies that's always portrayed as a villain it seems you're in for disappointment.

Counterpoint: chaos daemons.

That army does pretty well I feel, and is fun to play and model. I was pretty worried when the rumors starting hitting but really the only thing I still don't like is the stupid warpstorm table.

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Monoliths posted:

Counterpoint: chaos daemons.

That army does pretty well I feel, and is fun to play and model. I was pretty worried when the rumors starting hitting but really the only thing I still don't like is the stupid warpstorm table.

Just be like me and always forget about it (along with Soulfire, Warpflame, Fear and HoW) and then write it down on a white board in huge capital letters and still forget to roll it.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 3, 2014

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Hah, already there with you! Last game was shameful, I was like 1 turn for 6.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
When does the 7E Tyranid codex drop?

Pacheeco
Feb 26, 2004

Monoliths posted:

Hah, already there with you! Last game was shameful, I was like 1 turn for 6.

I really need to try and remember Fear. It will barely every come into play as most of the time I'm going against army wide Necron LD10/Fearless or ATSKNF but WS1 against Daemons means hitting on 5+ pretty much all the time against the units that actually matter in Assault.

Pacheeco fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 3, 2014

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HiveCommander posted:

Don't say that too loud, the apologists will blame you for being a '40k conspiracist'.
"You can't honestly believe that GW only hate 'bad guys' when Codex: Dark Angels exists, right?"

I just wish people quantified statements like that because I play tyranids and it isn't a giant fail fest?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Two Feet From Bread posted:

When does the 7E Tyranid codex drop?

Halfway through 9th Ed. December 2015.

Also, WolfKnight.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Indolent Bastard posted:

What will they call it though...

Wolfstorm?

Stormwolf?

Wolfclaw?

Clawstorm?

I'm going with Wolfwolf.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Pacheeco posted:

Just be like me and always forget about it (along with Soulfire, Warpflame, Fear and HoW) and then write it down on a white board in huge capital letters and still forget to roll it.

When I play my Tyranids, I keep a piece of paper with Regen, HoW, and Fear written on it in all caps. Before 7th I also had to write Spells and Smash on it as well. I would still forget to do Fear and use spells all the time.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

Fix posted:

Halfway through 9th Ed. December 2015.

Also, WolfKnight.

Hi Fix, sell me some space marines please!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

lovestick posted:

Wolfstorm?

Stormwolf?

Wolfclaw?

Clawstorm?

I'm going with Wolfwolf.

Piloted by Lupine Louie.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Indolent Bastard posted:

It'll be a Dark Angels flyer with a rhino hanging underneath.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

lovestick posted:

Wolfstorm?

Stormwolf?

Wolfclaw?

Clawstorm?

I'm going with Wolfwolf.

Airwolf

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

drgnvale posted:

Hi Fix, sell me some space marines please!

Yeah, sorry I've been away from internetting for a bit. I'll have that stuff up tonight.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

This is the only correct Answer for a wolf flyer unit. A Wolf w/ wings and a assault cannon instead of a penis that is being ridden by a 13th Company Warrior is the only suitable model.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Anyone have advice on running Deathwing? I go into this knowing that it is far from the most effective army, and that I'm pretty much just going to scoop to about half of the local lists. However, I picked up around 2k points of Terminators and Deathwing Knights for like $40 (besides scoring 500 points worth of Tau, 10 old starter DE, an old metal Juggernaut of Khorne, and a busted rear end Dreadnought,) so I'm not going to be bothered if I die over and over. Terminators are cool, and I always wanted to play DA even if they are bad. Basically, what's the best way to squeeze something mildly effective out of Deathwing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Exinos posted:

DJ Dizzy posted:

Both of these Codexes are fine. The real problem is the Eldar codex.

• Locked thread