Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
He also later said "It's over. Believe me, she left just as pissed as I did."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Ant better relax. He might have another heart attack from all of this stress.

and I saw this on the o&a subreddit: http://i.imgur.com/Xt9Uzih.jpg
Perfect

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Guze posted:

Did Anthony explain how exactly the man with a stack of PBA cards and a cop personal assistant couldn't report an assault?

Because a white man can't get anywhere in OBAMA's AMERICA! She'll probably just scream rape when a cop comes. Savages.

Because he was taking creeper photos and there's only so much having a cop as a PA can do for a racist pedophile.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Cromulent posted:

He didn't bother because the police and justice system favor black people over whitey. This literally was his explanation.

And she threatened to accuse him of sexual harassment which totally didn't happen you guys!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Stotty posted:

And she threatened to accuse him of sexual harassment which totally didn't happen you guys!

And one of the photos he posted to prove he wasn't being a creeper was literally him taking a photo of another girls rear end.

I really do wonder why he didn't call the cops. I mean there were all those witnesses both white and black that were watching. Why would they all turn on him?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
e. reading bad

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

And one of the photos he posted to prove he wasn't being a creeper was literally him taking a photo of another girls rear end.

I really do wonder why he didn't call the cops. I mean there were all those witnesses both white and black that were watching. Why would they all turn on him?

If his story is true it's a pretty dumb thing to call the cops over, unless he was really messed up (he was not).

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The Dave posted:

If his story is true it's a pretty dumb thing to call the cops over, unless he was really messed up (he was not).

He clearly doesn't think it's dumb.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
He wouldn't call a cop because he was drunk and carrying a handgun. I imagine that would put his carry permit up for review.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Stotty posted:

Doesn't hurling slurs and gendered insults at someone after they tell you to stop taking pictures of them qualify as sexual harassment? So she wouldn't even be lying.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

He clearly doesn't think it's dumb.

That does not equal "being dumb to call the police on". If he has no marks on his face then it's a woman in a dress and heels's word versus a creepy looking older Italian man with a concealed handgun and DSLR's word.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Front page of the daily news. He's done.

http://www.nydailynews.com/

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 3, 2014

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

mcmagic posted:

I know this is a regdate emote but I've never felt it more appropriate :regd08:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

mcmagic posted:

ahahahahaha hope he didn't throw out his tin snips

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
These are hardly the pinnacle of journalism, but Entertainment Weekly picked it up also (and allhiphop.com for what it's worth)

gouge away
Apr 17, 2005

durr
I wonder if Tim Sabean is feeling like he dodged a bullet right now.

Prancing Shoes
Jul 8, 2008
Someone had to have called him and said, "Hey, maybe you should stop tweeting for a little bit so we can see how this thing plays out?" Why could he possibly feel the need to single-handedly turn something that nobody would have heard about into something much bigger?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Colour posted:

Someone had to have called him and said, "Hey, maybe you should stop tweeting for a little bit so we can see how this thing plays out?" Why could he possibly feel the need to single-handedly turn something that nobody would have heard about into something much bigger?

Given that they're off, I imagine everybody was off doing vacation stuff.

Why he did this on Twitter,on the other hand, can only be answered with 'he's got rage issues, and is severely bigoted to the point where he cannot control himself when something like this happens.' Which is pretty scary, really.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Colour posted:

Because he's mentally ill?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I see that even Louis C.K. is catching flak for even associating with him.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's going to be incredibly interesting if Anthony gets canned. They always seemed so hard on "HEH, loving OTHER LOSER rear end STATIONS GET CONTROLLED, NOT US MAAAAAAAAN" so when Anthony does get dropped are they going to desperatly buckle down and keep low or are they just going to rail on everyone and get themselves poo poo canned too.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
This is about to go supernova.

https://twitter.com/SendARavenPlz/status/484738497647894529

TMZ is asking for him to explain what happened.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Call Me Charlie posted:

This is about to go supernova.

https://twitter.com/SendARavenPlz/status/484738497647894529

TMZ is asking for him to explain what happened.

:allears:

This is getting better. Everything the b-b-b-b-boys bitch about is happening to them.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

All the media outlets they trashed hard for years are going with this. They have shredded the NYDN on the show. And if Harvey Levin puts up one of his question tweets this reaches peak irony.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I have bizarre feelings about this. I am a daily listener of the show, yet, I kinda want Ant to get fired? To me, the best scenario ever would be that this becomes a huge public thing, he DOESN'T get fired, and he gets so scared of losing his job that he never brings any of his stupid racial rants to the show again. That will never happen though.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

How Much Art posted:

I have bizarre feelings about this. I am a daily listener of the show, yet, I kinda want Ant to get fired? To me, the best scenario ever would be that this becomes a huge public thing, he DOESN'T get fired, and he gets so scared of losing his job that he never brings any of his stupid racial rants to the show again. That will never happen though.

It's not really bizarre. The show can be really loving funny, then Ant will just sort of drop into these rants and you realize "Oh yeah, this guy's a horrific racist. Well, it was fun while it lasted."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

How Much Art posted:

I feel the same way. I don't want Ant to lose his job, but I do want him to be humbled, mostly because his whole bigotry thing is played out to the point where it's becoming annoying. And to hear him playing the victim (and extending this madness) is just the icing on the annoying cake. And you know TMZ is going to ask exactly why he was taking pictures in Times Square around midnight.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Ha ha. Not just fired. SO fired. No way he survives this. The show might go on but not with him.

He should've just tweeted one word: "ding"

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
At the very least he gets suspended and/or goes to rehab to save his job, anything other than that he's probably canned. There's SO MUCH out there on youtube for gawker, buzzfeed, tmz, whatever etc to pick up on.

Ever since the eugenics talk a year or so ago I knew it was a matter of time before something like this happened. The only thing that can save him is the 4th of July weekend and the fact that hardly anyone gives a poo poo about the show anymore. This isn't 2000-2007 anymore.

Prancing Shoes
Jul 8, 2008
If Ant loses his job, how long until he's forced to sell his house? A while back in this thread, someone wrote that he's the only millionaire that lives paycheck to paycheck and that always made me wonder how hosed he would be in a situation like this.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Live From the Compound streams are going to be great when he doesn't have to worry about a job anymore.

Live Stream the Repo men coming to take his stuff because he's an idiot who never saved.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
It's been said a bunch of times already, but jesus christ, that eugenics segment is revolting. That's why I don't ever recommend the show to anybody I know, because how do you defend something like that? Large figures in the media have certainly been broiled for being racist before, but Ant is like, politically racist. I remember listening to an old clip where they interview this guy who ran a white power label, and the points the guy made in the interview are almost identical to the points Ant has made in recent years.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I can't listen to it right now, but can someone sum up the eugenics thing? I've really been listening mainly through youtube clips of their past shows as I don't have Satallite radio these days.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I just realized that the really sad thing about all this is:

If it weren't for Twitter, this would just be another funny "Obama president naaah" story, where he'd come in all grumbly, with racist--but hopefully funny--angles, and the boys would laugh at him.

But it's his drive to victimize himself as the poor defenseless (legal?) white guy that drove this into a spiral.

Shame, because as racist as that "Obama president naaah" story is, it's one of my favorite segments. Him being :supaburn: mad in front of the boys in a completely indefensible manner is, to me, one of the high points of the show.

The bit in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCWzk2VprqI

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Colour posted:

If Ant loses his job, how long until he's forced to sell his house? A while back in this thread, someone wrote that he's the only millionaire that lives paycheck to paycheck and that always made me wonder how hosed he would be in a situation like this.

He doesn't really live paycheck to paycheck, it's an exageration that he blows a lot of money in stupid ways. These guys have been putting away 4 - 5 million every year since the 90's. If they lose their jobs they will still be just fine.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just heard Ant bragging about taking pictures of the NYC cd selling guys on tuesdays show. I highly recommend giving it a listen, knowing later that day he would be getting punched in the mouth for it, it's really funny.

Shoulda stuck to drones for his creepshots

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 3, 2014

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Morter posted:

Shame, because as racist as that "Obama president naaah" story is, it's one of my favorite segments. Him being :supaburn: mad in front of the boys in a completely indefensible manner is, to me, one of the high points of the show.

Yeah no doubt, that bit is funny as hell.

It sucks knowing what a hateful oval office Ant is, because when he used to just casually say racist poo poo it would come across like a dumb joke and there are bits (like the one I posted earlier) that are genuinely hilarious. It doesn't seem as funny when you listen to it knowing that he's not even really being ironic.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Colour posted:

He was showing off his latest purchase just the other day

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My favorite part in the eugenics clip is when he mentioned he was listening to something from "a certain site" and the air goes out of the room as everyone else present gives their own version of "oh not this again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

He doesn't really live paycheck to paycheck, it's an exageration that he blows a lot of money in stupid ways. These guys have been putting away 4 - 5 million every year since the 90's. If they lose their jobs they will still be just fine.

How does one make 4-5M for a radio show no one listens to?

• Locked thread