Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Nah, it's just showing how much possession each side had in their respective games, which at least helps identify a teams focus (it's quite readable compared to the other one tbh).

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it actually looks like he is helping the titanic to sink

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

What the hell is this supposed to show?

e: SRITAPGOG, duh

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I was a bit tuned out in the lead up to the World Cup. Has this white English guy doing black face been posted yet?

http://youtu.be/2i6NXIVzpN0

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
What is he about to do to a Bambi?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Dirk Pitt posted:

I was a bit tuned out in the lead up to the World Cup. Has this white English guy doing black face been posted yet?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

immobile.jpg

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBR5usco4ko

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Is he wearing fake eyelids to make him more squinty?

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

The House of Cards one is really good but maybe don't post it as it's spoilers (granted from last year)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

chuggo is BACK posted:

The House of Cards one is really good but maybe don't post it as it's spoilers (granted from last year)

This but The Lion King

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Bogan Krkic posted:

This but The Lion King

It's been out for 20 years, I think it's ok to spoil that Mufasa dies.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Nostradingus posted:

WOW

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Nostradingus posted:

Mufasa dies.

WOW MODS

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Nostradingus posted:

...what the gently caress

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Nostradingus posted:

It's been out for 415 years, I think it's ok to spoil that King Hamlet dies.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

this is pretty obviously click-bait, but still: http://www.buzzfeed.com/danoshinsky/how-to-fix-the-world-cup

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Draws An 8 posted:

Other players like Heskey and Kevin Davies made careers as forwards doing that while not scoring a a lot of goals. Such an underrated skill that I hope people now realize how important it is now.

Literally triggering at SKD being compared to Jozy...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

R. Mute posted:

this is pretty obviously click-bait, but still: http://www.buzzfeed.com/danoshinsky/how-to-fix-the-world-cup

"We don’t need that extra year anyway. We’ll move all the continental championships — the Euro Cup, the Gold Cup, Copa América, etc — to the summer after the World Cup. We’ll give an automatic bid to the World Cup to every continent’s champion. Everyone else will begin World Cup qualification in the fall, and qualification will continue through the next year. (The continental champions will play in the Confederations Cup while everyone else is qualifying.)"

New Zealand thinks "How To Get Rid Of FIFA And Make The W..." is YAAASS & WIN a few minutes ago

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lmao "how to fix the world cup: have two corporations host it instead!"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mynameisjohn posted:

lmao "how to fix the world cup: have two corporations host it instead!"

The most American of solutions :911:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Grantland is great with regards to the NFL but that's really about it. Any other sport they cover comes down to
"Just as basketball..."
and it drives me loving crazy. I couldn't even get past the second paragraph in that article. gently caress.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gigi Galli posted:

Has this been posted yet? It's worth than Nate Silver

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lionel-messi-is-impossible/

There are about 10 pages of charts in there.
loving hell this article. 538 needs to gently caress off and just cover political races.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
http://www.espnfc.com/blog/world-cu...match-vs-france

Rio de Janeiro -- Do you know what leadership means, Lord Snow? It means that the person in charge gets second-guessed by every clever little [expletive] with a mouth. What if he starts second-guessing himself? That's the end; for him, for the clever little [expletive], for everyone.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

I think the lesson is that there is really only one strategy in football that all teams should employ at all times, except perhaps at the very end of games. Try to score as much as possible by taking dangerous shots and shots in general while preventing your opponent from doing the same. Trying to win 1-0 every game just doesn’t work. If teams do this, than by and large the actual goals will just end up randomly distributed throughout the 57 hours of the season.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Karl Sharks posted:

I think the lesson is that there is really only one strategy in football that all teams should employ at all times, except perhaps at the very end of games. Try to score as much as possible by taking dangerous shots and shots in general while preventing your opponent from doing the same. Trying to win 1-0 every game just doesn’t work. If teams do this, than by and large the actual goals will just end up randomly distributed throughout the 57 hours of the season.

This must be where Reading have been going wrong, they've not been trying to score more goals. I'm going to forward this info on to Nigel Adkins asap

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
But most importantly, we can even compare him to one of the most easily disregarded players from our squad: Cleverley. Have you ever seen Cleverley give up? No, he runs. He tries. He may fail, but he keeps going. His arms don't go down, his back doesn't arch.

That's why I'm actually glad Pogba isn't at our club anymore. It's got nothing to do with his talent, which is undeniable and exquisite. It's got to do with his attitude. We can't have people who give up here. We must reject them. It was the first thing Fergie did when he arrived here and it's a huge part of what Man United is about.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
United are all about never giving up to reach that 7th spot.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

oliwan posted:

United are all about never giving up to reach that 7th spot.

Great post.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

PirateBob posted:

But most importantly, we can even compare him to one of the most easily disregarded players from our squad: Cleverley. Have you ever seen Cleverley give up? No, he runs. He tries. He may fail, but he keeps going. His arms don't go down, his back doesn't arch.

That's why I'm actually glad Pogba isn't at our club anymore. It's got nothing to do with his talent, which is undeniable and exquisite. It's got to do with his attitude. We can't have people who give up here. We must reject them. It was the first thing Fergie did when he arrived here and it's a huge part of what Man United is about.

Ah, I see you've found Ninpo's blog.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Did we sign Moyes as manager because the job would be too big for anyone post Sir Alex and needed someone who was willing to take the hit? Moyes was rewarded handsomely for his 9 months work and can still get a job abroad.

Van Gaal will come in and look like the saviour of Manchester United, with no major expectation on his shoulders apart from getting us back fighting again whereas Moyes, and anyone else who would have taken over after Fergie, was expected to bring trophies from the off.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Thirteenth Step posted:

Did we sign Moyes as manager because the job would be too big for anyone post Sir Alex and needed someone who was willing to take the hit? Moyes was rewarded handsomely for his 9 months work and can still get a job abroad.

Van Gaal will come in and look like the saviour of Manchester United, with no major expectation on his shoulders apart from getting us back fighting again whereas Moyes, and anyone else who would have taken over after Fergie, was expected to bring trophies from the off.

Are Man Utd fans claiming the Dutch semi final appearance? Really?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dirk Pitt posted:

Van persie was super clutch for his team in getting caught offside like 20 times, you see.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Dirk Pitt posted:

we are, op, it's fully sick

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I did the math and if the dutch win the world cup, it gets edited into the official files (Uniteds wiki page that is) as a tournament win for United.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I know taking shots at Nate Silver's Math Click Farm is really easy but good god.