Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

As much as I basically hate Anthony it kinda sucks that Opie and Jim got swept into the "racism runs deep" thing as I'm pretty sure that neither of them is actually racist. Certainly not in the category of racist that Anthony is in.

Oh wow. Jim's vice show is going to get hit hard by all of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
The Interrobang already put up a hilarious fluff piece on the whole thing. http://theinterrobang.com/radio-host-anthony-cumia-assaulted-now-media-attack/

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Call Me Charlie posted:

The Interrobang already put up a hilarious fluff piece on the whole thing. http://theinterrobang.com/radio-host-anthony-cumia-assaulted-now-media-attack/

Should be titled "Horrible Racist attacked by black woman, apparently coincidence."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Decent comments on that article, joke and perspective wise.

quote:

Here's an original thought - they're both wrong. Of course you don't have the right to assault someone for taking pictures of you. Why anyone would defend her is beyond me. But it doesn't mean his reaction wasn't over the top, disgusting, and racist. Making him out to be some kind of hero for this is equally ridiculous. Yes, he didn't shoot her or assault her back. Congratulations.

If he truly was creep shotting, the initial assault isn't an appropriate response.
The subsequent punches however...
Edit: Can't wait to order this one

quote:

I was taking creep shots in time square not thinking minorities could tell I was shooting hate beams at them with my eyes and alls I got was this lousy shiner. - The Opesters new tshirt.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Also, I love how he's being "attacked" by places that are literally just listing his tweets and previous segments of his show. Your own words a little too damning, Anthony?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I just find it hard to believe that nobody, whether it be Opie or Jim or management, sat Ant down at some point over the last five years and said "look man, even if this poo poo doesn't get us fired, it's causing us to hemorrhage listeners by the thousands. What are you doing?"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Again, Anthony is a literal Nazi sympathizer so he should get his head kicked in on a daily basis.

And any man taking creeper shots should get whacked at least a couple of times.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Kevyn posted:

I just find it hard to believe that nobody, whether it be Opie or Jim or management, sat Ant down at some point over the last five years and said "look man, even if this poo poo doesn't get us fired, it's causing us to hemorrhage listeners by the thousands. What are you doing?"

I'm pretty sure the average O&A listener (angry, straight white male) eats Ant's poo poo right up.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

The Opie and Dan Soder show starring Little a Jimmy Newtron. I can't loving wait.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Kevyn posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried, but it all ended in a storm of angry cursing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Who wants to bet that Opie is secretly jealous of the attention Ant is getting?

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 4, 2014

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
When Ant gets fired they should tell Bobo he's going to be the new co-host, keep the joke going for a week with him on the show and then fire him on air for a really minor gently caress up.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Kevyn posted:

It doesn't seem like SiriusXM gives a poo poo about the show.

I think the likely outcome is Ant gets suspended indefinitely and they just let the contract run out in October.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Now he's tweeting a bunch of links to "Stop the Violence" rallies. All you passive aggressive, disingenuous,guilty white liberal babies just don't get it, he was addressing a serious issue here.

Anthony Cumia posted:

As far as the violence issue. I was commenting on EXACTLY what these men are saying. Only difference? Skin color.

Anthony Cumia posted:

They aren't people.

Anthony Cumia posted:

It's really open season on white people in this day and age. No recourse. Fight back and you're a racist. The predators know this. Good luck

Anthony Cumia posted:

They aren't people.

Anthony Cumia posted:

The switch to violence is immediate. No discussion, just violence. When will THAT be addressed? Oh, right, never. Slavery did it? Oh, ok.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Should've just left her on her one way ride, Ant

Eggs
Apr 15, 2007
Anthony got beat up by a black chick while a bunch of black dudes laughed at him.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

New thread title?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I heard she stole his glasses. Maybe he was wasting her time or something?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
She just wanted to know which way was norf.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Anybody else remember how angrily quiet Ant was when Neil Degrasse Tyson was in studio recently?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

Anybody else remember how angrily quiet Ant was when Neil Degrasse Tyson was in studio recently?

I remember that interview more as Anthony relishing in an opportunity to become Professor Ant. He's a horrible racist, but come on, he doesn't get angry and huffy every time there's a black guy in the room.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Does anybody else remember Anthony having a great time with T. I. and DJ Whookid recently?

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades
Which celebrities will actually show up to this show now? I wouldn't imagine you're going to see your Louis CKs, your Bill Burrs, or your other top tier comedians. Bob Kelly and Rich Vos probably still I guess. But no famous actors for sure, and even the D-list folks like all Guy Fieri or whatever I'm sure wouldn't come past the window without running. (not a great example, I know, but generally...)

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Law Cheetah posted:

I remember that interview more as Anthony relishing in an opportunity to become Professor Ant. He's a horrible racist, but come on, he doesn't get angry and huffy every time there's a black guy in the room.

Yeah. He likes Whoo Kid and that T.I. interview where the two were joking around was like a month ago. Ant isn't incapable of getting along with black people, his head is just full of racist poo poo and it pours out when he gets angry or drunk. So basically all the time.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this is good.

[fake edit]

TwistedNails posted:

Does anybody else remember Anthony having a great time with T. I. and DJ Whookid recently?
Apparently I do and I was 5 minutes too late posting about it!

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003

OlyMike posted:

Which celebrities will actually show up to this show now? I wouldn't imagine you're going to see your Louis CKs, your Bill Burrs, or your other top tier comedians. Bob Kelly and Rich Vos probably still I guess. But no famous actors for sure, and even the D-list folks like all Guy Fieri or whatever I'm sure wouldn't come past the window without running. (not a great example, I know, but generally...)

Mel Gibson, Donald Sterling, Gary Oldman...

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Gonzo McFee posted:

Should be titled "Horrible Racist attacked by black woman, apparently coincidence."

Not just headlines...but BETTER headlines

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

There are plenty of people like Anthony who get along with black dudes just fine on a personal level. But for some reason they have this internal thing where there is this society of black boogie men who leech their tax money and hate them because they are white. It's not an uncommon sentiment.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
I'm so rooting for just Ant to get fired, lose every penny he has, and have to back to a menial existence. He's a brilliantly funny dude, but no one deserves to get smacked back down into nothingness like he does.

And no I don't see any way he'd just get hired at Fox News. They wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole if he got fired for his racism, with all the horrible poo poo he's said boiling to life. Not in the current environment, no way.

I don't think anything will happen though. This is going to blow over. Just my gut feeling.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
So were they in today? They on hiatus?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They'll still get comedians. It's a good place to promote shows. If Sirius doesn't react, they'll move on to the next target. It's not that big of a show.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Untagged posted:

So were they in today? They on hiatus?

Took the week off after Tuesday for july 4th(unrelated to AntBeating)

Colin continues to be hilarious(I hated him on SNL and his show but he's loving hilarious I was an idiot)

https://twitter.com/iamcolinquinn/status/484888087257157632

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

I wish Anthony had remained a cowardly little turd. His rage at being kicked out of his Everquest guild by a 14 year old was one of my favorite things.

Do you have a link to this? I have to hear it...

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

UncleMonkey posted:

I'm so rooting for just Ant to get fired, lose every penny he has, and have to back to a menial existence. He's a brilliantly funny dude, but no one deserves to get smacked back down into nothingness like he does.

Are you actually a fan of the Opie & Anthony show? Jesus, man.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

UncleMonkey posted:

"Anything I wanted was a phone call away. Jaguars. The keys to a dozen apartments all over the city. I bet twenty, thirty grand over a weekend at the Borgata and then I'd either blow the winnings in a week or scream into a pillow.

Didn't matter. It didn't mean anything. When I was broke, I'd go out and podcast some more. I ran everything. I paid off Keith the Cop. I paid off divorce lawyers. I imitated reality show judges. Every schwoogie had their hands out. Everything was for the taking. And now it's all over.

And that's the hardest part. Today everything is different; there's no action...I have to buy my own tin snips like everyone else. Can't even get decent food - right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and the waiter threw it against the wall and called me a pissy-eyed human being. I'm an average nobody...I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook."

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
You guys saying he gets along with certain black people are forgetting that Black Exceptionalism is basically a necessary component for racism. "Oh, he's one of the good ones!"

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Anthony is very got mine, gently caress you. It's hard not to smile imagining him being forced to go back to that blue collar nightmare he escaped from.

Well, lets suit up, gentlemen.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

You guys saying he gets along with certain black people are forgetting that Black Exceptionalism is basically a necessary component for racism. "Oh, he's one of the good ones!"

Well, yeah. I actually almost included that idea in my post. All the same, if you think that Anthony was being "angrily quiet" during the Neil Degrasse Tyson interview you should smoke less weed or something

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Love the Jezebel comments:

The best person to talk to over there is Timothy Sabien. I had a complaint over a statement one of their personalities (Todd Whatley I believe) made about people having heart attacks and he took care of it right away!

Well it looks like some fans of Opie and Anthony have already showed up.

Yep, they're coming out of the wood work.
Much like Jim Norton will at Cobbs Comedy Club, San Francisco on August 7th-9th.

I think the real burning question that nobody seems to have the guts to ask is:
Will Jim Norton add another date to his three night run July 10-12 at the West Palm Beach Improv? We know that three nights in Addison, TX (August 21-33) is most likely sufficient, but why is Jim being so quiet about his schedule NEXT WEEKEND AT THE WEST PALM BEACH IMPROV?
Answer the question Mr. Norton.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nJFYaZJ5BA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

" ...I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook."

Amazing. Great work.

• Locked thread