Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think she disagrees about the betrayal being ultimate, because she has another betrayal in mind.

And also :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I would respectfully disagree.

As would I :ese:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think she disagrees about the betrayal being ultimate, because she has another betrayal in mind.

And also :blush:

Ohhhhhhhhhh :haw:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Rarity posted:

As would I :ese:

I seem to recall it working out well for yo...

oh

:(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:qq:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Skinty McEdger posted:

I seem to recall it working out well for yo...

oh

:(

It worked out better for me than for Asii!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

It worked out better for me than for Asii!

You know what else would have worked out? You and I coming in first and second place!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that would have been pretty sweet.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Best friends making it to the end together.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What a great time that would have been!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:laffo:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So much salt on this page that the snail on the previous one is dead now.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Like I said I didn't get a chance to read much of this game, just curious if anyone went 100% full-honesty no-alliance this game like I tried to last season.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I did, and was voted out almost immediately.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
^^^ :haw: ^^^

Pander posted:

Like I said I didn't get a chance to read much of this game, just curious if anyone went 100% full-honesty no-alliance this game like I tried to last season.

I don't think so, unless somebody I didn't meet tried in the early game. Pretty cool strategy though!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Propaganda Machine posted:

I don't think so, unless somebody I didn't meet tried in the early game. Pretty cool strategy though!

The Goog did...

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Pander posted:

The Goog tried it. It sadly didn't work out well for him.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Were you/the goog active socially?

I can't tell if it'd set you up to win in FTC or if people would disdain you for not 'playing the game properly'.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Has anyone who tried that strategy done better than Xylo in ABB (final 5)?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pander posted:

I can't tell if it'd set you up to win in FTC or if people would disdain you for not 'playing the game properly'.

I was 99% honest season 3 and people were not happy come FTC

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rarity posted:

It's easier to do it on Big Brother, because the HoH/noms set up makes it so you have to pick a side at the end of the week even if you are floating, so any vote you make is a vote you were coerced into making. It's harder on Survivor because your universe of possible targets is "every other player in the game" so you can't wash your hands of your votes as much, and people will see you as an easy pickoff.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Pander posted:

He wasn't. Which was kinda what killed him.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Rarity posted:

I maintain I'd have had a pretty good shot getting farther than I did (6th in AS S4) if I hadn't also been working 90 hour weeks that entire month. I just couldn't keep up social comms so I was a compromise lynch between a couple factions instead of playing kingmaker for either.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pander posted:

Maltose was pretty active but Bowmore and Chili were both friends with Dhaes so there wasn't much room for him to hide.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Maltose was pretty active but Bowmore and Chili were both friends with Dhaes so there wasn't much room for him to hide.

Ouch. Yeah. Mafia ties are great early game to foster alliances, but given the lack of mafia vet winners overall I think it's an impediment in the long haul.

They also make for the best ULTIMATE BETRAYALS.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

In the three tribe set up there isn't a lot of space to hide at all. Honestly I think the wider the initial field the more chance you have of getting far which is where ABB is probably better for it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Pander posted:

Ouch. Yeah. Mafia ties are great early game to foster alliances, but given the lack of mafia vet winners overall I think it's an impediment in the long haul.

They also make for the best ULTIMATE BETRAYALS.

Also when I was on the chopping block I became temporarily homeless so I wasn't in much of a position to jockey out of the way.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

In the three tribe set up there isn't a lot of space to hide at all. Honestly I think the wider the initial field the more chance you have of getting far which is where ABB is probably better for it.

ABB is better in some ways and worse in others for making alliances. Like there's nothing keeping you together at all, so it's like the entire game is post-merge survivor but with none of the tribe shared history that helps keep tribe alliances going. Also unless you're HOH you are never safe, so there's really no time where you can just relax. Also having a majority alliance doesn't mean anything if you don't have a member of your alliance win HOH every week to keep it together. A minority alliance of 2 people can completely prevent anyone else from doing what they want.

You have to be a lot more flexible and have to have potential relationships with everyone which is quite difficult. But if you can keep that balancing act you can go far.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I was 99% honest season 3 and people were not happy come FTC

I don't know that that is really true. I don't think you can scheme, have an end goal in mind, and still claim 99% honesty. Not to mention you lied to me at least twice, even if it was by omission. The type of game Pander is talking about is totally different. And for what it's worth, I don't think it can work, but it would be neat if it did.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I told you the truth always king B!

Even when it was bad news

I only ever lied to rags

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Off the top of my head, remember when you said you'd vote with me on that final vote and then you "changed your mind" and Pug told me about it before you voted me out? :)

Lie buddy. Even if it was by omission, if you truly meant to vote with me before changing your mind.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I skyped you about it and you told me he'd already talked to you :(

I kept the promise I made to him and mob day 1, I'd been pretty upfront that I'd intended to do so since the merge and in the end I felt to guilty to break it.

And I probably lost because of it, but so it goes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

I don't know that that is really true. I don't think you can scheme, have an end goal in mind, and still claim 99% honesty. Not to mention you lied to me at least twice, even if it was by omission. The type of game Pander is talking about is totally different. And for what it's worth, I don't think it can work, but it would be neat if it did.

why would you cut cap pig in favor of puggle for that alone you deserved to lose, no slight against puggle

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My mafia game is now up!

Go sign up if you were a player.

Spots will be reserved for players until Saturday night and then I'll open it up to any of the viewers.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

John Cena posted:

why would you cut cap pig in favor of puggle for that alone you deserved to lose, no slight against puggle

Exactly. I think you would have been able to tell a much better story if you had gone with that. I even told you that at the time, if you keep Puggle he wins. Then he did. But oh well. :)

Tremendous Taste posted:

I skyped you about it and you told me he'd already talked to you :(

I kept the promise I made to him and mob day 1, I'd been pretty upfront that I'd intended to do so since the merge and in the end I felt to guilty to break it.

And I probably lost because of it, but so it goes.

Well, another lie, and this was a consistent one, was how you constantly told me you had no plans for end game and didn't want to make any. That was a bald faced lie every time you said it, and you said it a lot. How many pitches did I make to you? Each time came the lie. Until right before you pitched me out the door. =) (You told me about Puggle after merge, but continued to obfuscate about mob)

Yes, the game you played was more honest and up front then many, but it was by no means honest.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I suppose that's true. I saw myself breaking my promise and agonizing over whether or not to do so. I had a plan but didn't know whether I'd stick to it, so while it wasn't a lie it wasn't the truth either.

I could have won with pig, probably, but it wouldn't be true to what I promised them and I played by my word.

And you made me a villain!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

True fact: I sincerely wanted to go to final three with you and pp to the point that I said I'd do it, thought about it for a few hours, actively wound myself up with anger and shattered a hockey stick on a shot after realizing I couldn't break the promise. I thought my vote that tribal was pretty clear in broadcasting how I really felt about it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Then again I was way too wound up in that game. I was so far in my own head I couldn't justify why I deserved to win. I may have gripes with the way awful survivor juries tend to vote but I couldn't do myself any favors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah your stuff doesn't count TT. I don't think I told a single lie by omission or otherwise in S4. In S1? Yeah I lied a LOT. I lied to Mills even after he was eliminated, because well gently caress him.

But S4 I told everyone my strategy from the get-go, and I'm not sure if it was play or luck that got me so far, and was curious if there'd be a larger sample pool.

Apparently no-alliance full-honesty has been done in real life Survivor, but I don't think it's been explored much in AS much.

• Locked thread