Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

An Even Matchup

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

do they have a "Fall Gelb" happy hour there

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Ja, oder Oui?

e:
gently caress me, I thought the game was today not tomorrow. I woke up so early to get so many things done so I could watch the game without interruption. RIP

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 3, 2014

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The good news is you still got it done!

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/03/world-cup-2014-germany-flu-scare

:negative:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

South America's Karma decided to get everyone sick from the one country that didn't colonize it.

Great

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Enigma89 posted:

South America's Karma decided to get everyone sick from the one country that didn't colonize it.

Great

It was a very selective post-WWII colonization so i'm thinking this is fair

szary
Mar 12, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQEbKJbX80Q

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Kicker has no article on it, so I just refuse to believe any of it is true. :colbert:

Everybody hype for the match already? I am! drat that is going to be tough, but beating France in a World Cup quarterfinal would be pretty cool. Just need to score a little earlier, maybe?

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 3, 2014

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Hummels was present at the last training session today so I'm sure we'll see him tomorrow

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I'm really hype. It's going to be one for the ages for sure, either way. Hopefully we'll see the Turniermannschaft finally turn up tomorrow.

I'm not terribly hype about sitting on a train to Munich until 17:00. I booked that during the group stages and didn't look at who might be playing, and if die Bahn makes me miss a single second of the match or, hell, the anthems, I will do a terrorism

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sehr gut :getin:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Smirr posted:

I'm not terribly hype about sitting on a train to Munich until 17:00. I booked that during the group stages and didn't look at who might be playing, and if die Bahn makes me miss a single second of the match or, hell, the anthems, I will do a terrorism

if you start in Berlin then I can guarantee that you will be late op

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Teron D Amun posted:

if you start in Berlin then I can guarantee that you will be late op

I do start in Berlin. It will work. It must work. It will work!!

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Smirr posted:

I do start in Berlin. It will work. It must work. It will work!!

Depending on the Deutsche Bahn to be punctual. That's... insane.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
:lol: Berlin Hbf, home of rescheduled trains, delayed ICEs, and cancelled routes.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's Südkreuz, mate. Stop trolling me :qq: It will work

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I go from Munich to Berlin and back three times a year and never had a single problem with the Deutsche Bahn hth.

Sänk iu fohr träffeling.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Taking the ICE from Berlin to Switzerland (and vice versa) is an absolute nightmare. Why does it call at every single piece of poo poo hamlet??? Don't stop at loving Fulda you oval office train. There's also often a huge number of passengers who don't have reservations. Why wouldn't you reserve a seat in a train like this??? By the time it reaches Basel, it's usually acquired such a huge delay that they just make Basel the final destination instead of actually bringing me home to Bern like it says on the loving ticket I purchased. My last two trips to and from Berlin had everything:

- "Stellwerkstörung"
- seat reservations didn't register, so I had to chase an angry German lady away from my seat.
- "Wegen zusteigender Passagiere verzögert sich unsere Abfahrt von Kassel Hauptbahnhof" (what the gently caress? Ok, if I lived in Kassel I'd also frantically hop onto the nearest ICE, but come on).
- "Es befinden sich zu viele Passagiere im Zug. Unsere Weiterfahrt verzögert sich, bis die vorgeschriebene Zahl von Passagieren den Zug freiwillig verlässt" (WHAT THE gently caress)
- Suicides.

In short, "Die Bahn" makes me melt down at least twice a year. Even the Italians have a better high-speed train network than you bloody Germans. Thanks for reading.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
You really hate everything German, don't you?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Nah mate, just the ICE and the GMNT. My profession is literally "Germanist" ffs!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Wengy posted:

Nah mate, just the ICE and the GMNT. My profession is literally "Germanist" ffs!

Why don't you just take your own taxi to Berlin instead then?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Lol

I'm gonna need some fine German beer to cool this sick burn :(

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Wengy posted:

Lol

I'm gonna need some fine German beer to cool this sick burn :(

Reminder that it's verbotento sell any beer labeld "Pils" or "Pilsener" in Switzerland :D

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

ephex posted:

:eyepop: lol

Also, I'm super hype about tonight.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

That might actually be true, at least I've never seen a "Pils" here. I'm more partial to IPAs anyway! If I go German, it's usually for Schneider Weisse or Weihenstephaner. Swiss beer is mostly crap, I'm sad to say.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
would you kindly stop whining about the DB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruV9CSatfTw

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ephex posted:

goddrat you're on a roll lately

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

huh apparently Großkreutz is playing as left defender today according to the Bild

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bild hasn't been right for any of the formations this tournament.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is Bild ever right about anything?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

They were right in 'guessing' the formation Pep's Bayern would use against Dortmund last year, but it's gone downhill since.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

Hey I'm totally rooting for the German team and I love a lot of things German but gently caress Deutsche Bahn right up their always late asses. So reliably bad.

http://www.r-bloggers.com/the-deutsche-bahn-german-railway-corp-is-always-late-or-is-it-and-if-why/

quote:

The supposed flagship of the Deutsche Bahn, the ICE, is late at at least one station around 70% of the time!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I've been late so rarely on various trains that I'm not even sure what the fuss is about. I think the one time in the last 12 months I was more than like two minutes off the scheduled time was because of ice buildup in the winter or something.

e: Also I really wish they were playing Großkreutz at LB because it might mean lahm would be playing RB and this dumb 4 CBs thing might be over.

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Smirr posted:

It's Südkreuz, mate. Stop trolling me :qq: It will work

Well look on the bright side, even if you are late, somebody in the train will have an IPad or something and you can just ask them if can watch as well.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Any time you feel bad about the DB, get a plane to the UK and try to make the distance equivalent journey. You'll feel better about the DB.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

The Clit Avoider posted:

Any time you feel bad about the DB, get a plane to the UK and try to make the distance equivalent journey. You'll feel better about the DB.

Can confirm. British Airways suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

• Locked thread