Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Just played for like 15 minutes this is pretty great and completely filling my chinagame void. I kept getting disconnected but I'm guessing that's just open beta. Leveling is so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

We can now have daily feasts. These cost guild funds and can be once a day or a 5 dollar item from the cash shop and can be done three more times for each item.

These are held in the guild base plaza. If you sit down you get a 1 hour buff that spits experience at you and doesn't go away if you log or die.

You can also gather food nearby and hand them in to the npcs walking around. The food piles have a normal and rare drop from each of them and the rare drops are worth more.

Each time you turn food in you get a 1 minute buff where you can not turn more food in. Soon as that goes away you can do this again.

These feasts last 30 minutes and can be done when ever.

Other people not in the guild might show up or crash it, or kill us during it.
You can also turn in some numbers of leftovers up at the logistics area after, right? What did that get you again?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Couple of questions, mostly usability related:

My character moves like a slug, even in the so-called "run" mode. How do I move faster?

Why won't FRAPS show FPS for this game and how do I make it so it will? It was a problem in Neverwinter too, so it seems like it might have something to do with the ARC client.

How do I get a mouse cursor so I can click UI elements (like quest destinations) without having to open some other random window?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

FebrezeNinja posted:

You can also turn in some numbers of leftovers up at the logistics area after, right? What did that get you again?

jack and poo poo

I got 1 point

don't ask in what

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Couple of questions, mostly usability related:

My character moves like a slug, even in the so-called "run" mode. How do I move faster?

Why won't FRAPS show FPS for this game and how do I make it so it will? It was a problem in Neverwinter too, so it seems like it might have something to do with the ARC client.

How do I get a mouse cursor so I can click UI elements (like quest destinations) without having to open some other random window?

You are in action mode? Hit ctrl. This gives you a cursor back.

For running, click skills, look at the utility tab, and you should see some sprints and dashes there. You can run with those or use the horse you get at like level 5.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You wont be able to move about as fast in swordsman as you can in AoW. Most of the movement skills are similar between the two (although a few seem to be missing or limited to cutscenes) but you get noticeably less stamina in swordsman. I still personally like it but it will be a noticeable difference if you played wushu recently.

I don't know if certain schools get more movement speedups or options yet, but it's still not bad with the speed up and horses.

Overall im really digging the combat and enjoying myself. Swordsman seems to still have that chinagame kookiness while being a lot more accessible and easier to pick up. Also it can't be said enough that you have to give the game a chance until you get your second set at 20, it opens up much more at that point.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Where in the timeline in respect to the lore source does this game take place? Is it after or during the book, because certain events (such as Sun and Moon sect being friendly with the "righteous" schools) shouldn't have taken place yet, while other events haven't happened yet, such as Linghu Chong being kicked out of the Splendor School, since he named himself as senior-most disciple of the school.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I think 'based on' is fairly loosely intended. Also trying to wrap your head around chinagame's plotline is probably a pointless endeavor.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
It's basically Smiling Proud Wanderer fanfic.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Who do I bother for a guild invite? I asked in the interface, but nadda

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You read the op

failing that you tell us your name in a post I don't have to look back for

failing that you ask in what the hell is an interface

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Applied to guild as FuLeng. This game is pretty fun so far. I just got the emei second group of skills. so i can actually kill things pretty fast now.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

I'm doing my best but this character creator isn't all powerful. Any critiques before I finalize Imbeautiful?
EDIT: Critiques as in how can I achieve Handsome Squidward better?

OG Necromancer fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 4, 2014

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Same name from Wushu, SunnyChiba.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

My emei doesn't gently caress around, not even during feasts.

Delerion fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 4, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah, you can make a bearded lady? Amazing.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Started the game as natalie (duh),will apply whenever i find the time to get to 20, can i reserve guild chatterbox grith :x

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

SynthOrange posted:

Hahahah, you can make a bearded lady? Amazing.

I wish. Emei accept male students in this game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Baron O Beefdip posted:

I wish. Emei accept male students in this game.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Chatterbox is mine :mad:

askas
Jun 17, 2013
Applied to the guild as Askas.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

I of course will be going Wu Tang.

DrNoPants
Jul 28, 2013
Applied to the guild as DrNoPants

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
What level should I be before I put in this tutor code, and what does it give me?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Before 40 and it gives you a bag you open every 10 levels.

In the bag is good stuff. I dunno, weed and coke.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

I applied as BeautfulXiao.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I already got accepted into the guild, but just in case, I'm Tengu in-game. To prevent getting purged when pubbies are or something.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Joining up again as Average.

whenimmashoo
Jun 12, 2013

In as Woozer.

Huge Spatula
Jul 15, 2001

I like the pole and the hole, and right now I'm as moist as a snack cake down there.
Applied to the guild as Xiaolang.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So if you buy the recustomization item on the cash shop, you gain a bunch of new options when you re-do your appearance. Facial tattoos, eye color, a row and a half of new beards. For example:

I am the prettiest of princesses.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Is this an action-combat system with active blocking and dodging like in TERA or Neverwinter, or is it old-school point'n click ?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You can pick as you want - you can do point & click or Neverwintery-action controls and change whenever you like.

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Just an average day in china

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Joined as ProblemChild.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Will there be a character wipe at the end of the open beta?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is there any way to play this game without downloading their DRM/spyware client? I'm really getting tired of booting into another gaming bloatware mandatory active service filled partition every time I want to play video games. The Chinese version of the game has no such obnoxious software/windows services installed.

e: I'd like to thank all the assholes who actively download this stuff and don't care that 20% of their running windows services are monitoring their activity and selling it to marketers. There's no such thing as a free lunch and people need to read the EULA.

Genuinely surprised there isn't a torrent out there but if the executable can't be hacked to run without the ARC then we are poo poo out of luck.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 4, 2014

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Extra posted:

Is there any way to play this game without downloading their DRM/spyware client? I'm really getting tired of booting into another gaming bloatware mandatory active service filled partition every time I want to play video games. The Chinese version of the game has no such obnoxious software/windows services installed.

e: I'd like to thank all the assholes who actively download this stuff and don't care that 20% of their running windows services are monitoring their activity and selling it to marketers. There's no such thing as a free lunch and people need to read the EULA.

Genuinely surprised there isn't a torrent out there but if the executable can't be hacked to run without the ARC then we are poo poo out of luck.

Wow, paranoid much? Chill out and play chinagame, man. I'm pretty sure that, even with Arc, this poo poo is safer than Age of Wushu ever was.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Is this "Jade Mountain" title a closed beta reward or something? I got the code in my email (came with a horse, too), but "jade mountain" gets no results in a forum search.

Third World Reggin posted:

Before 40 and it gives you a bag you open every 10 levels.

In the bag is good stuff. I dunno, weed and coke.

Is that in addition to the regular bag you open every 10 levels?

e: Horse has saddleboxes and bells.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
I'm enjoying this game and trying out a few different classes. I was thinking about buying the $10 pack, but wondering if the items are given to all characters on an account. I see that it says one leveling pack per account, but does the stuff like the goatskin bag go to all characters? Also, Is the mount and ring in the $60 pack worth it at all? It looks like the $60 pack does not contain the Goatskin bag, which seems to be the most important part of the $10 pack.

• Locked thread