Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

Hey, if you're going to send someone a dick pic, every bit counts :v:

I only sext in CR2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

maduin posted:

I only sext in CR2
Ain't no point if it ain't RAW after all :bahgawd:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So icab is pretty nice but I think I might prefer mercury? I haven't messed with icab too much yet. Also icab doesn't seem to have Adblock like mercury and doing some googling it seems icab removed that feature?

-edit I'm an idiot. Turned off by default, though.

quote:

See the "filters" feature in the settings (Settings > Tools > Filters).
Here you can enable the filter feature itself and also switch on/off
several sets of filters (including one for ads).

You can also define your own filters, or import/export your own filter
sets.

Icab it is!

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 29, 2014

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Any recommendations for a way to share video files between iOS devices on a plane, so without Wifi or mobile network?

Edit: No Airdrop on my 4S.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Ratjaculation posted:

Any recommendations for a way to share video files between iOS devices on a plane, so without Wifi or mobile network?

Edit: No Airdrop on my 4S.
Pretty sure PhotoSync can work with just Bluetooth. Double check that though before buying it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there an RSS feed that has the iTunes Free Single Of The Week? I'd like to set up an IFTTT recipe to let me know what the current single is, but the only place I found that was current shut down in April.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Christoff posted:

So sucks atomic web browser stopped being supported. Doesn't work right anymore. Seems like mercury is the browser to get?
What "doesn't work right" about it? I seem to be using it just fine v:shobon:v

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
I switched from android to iOS recently and surprised that there is no Google Keep app. Is there a good free alternative?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

teraflame posted:

I switched from android to iOS recently and surprised that there is no Google Keep app. Is there a good free alternative?

The stock photo app, the stock notes app, and the stock reminders app. They all automatically backup to iCloud like Google Keep does to Google Drive.

If those don't work for you, Evernote.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

teraflame posted:

Just go to http://keep.google.com/, hit the share button and add it to your home screen.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

randyest posted:

What "doesn't work right" about it? I seem to be using it just fine v:shobon:v

Little buggy but it was still tolerable. Anyways since I jailbroke and upgraded if you try to long hold on a link or something you can't get the copy link/ open link in new tab menu anymore. Last update was awhile ago

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

the kawaiiest posted:

Just go to http://keep.google.com/, hit the share button and add it to your home screen.

Unfortunately the webapp blows on the browser - both on the iPhone and on the iPad.

drat shame, as I love Keep. Much quicker and sleeker than Evernote, IMO.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wanted to like keep but I need them to add doc-like sharing with other google users.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
I actually prefer OneNote over Evernote. It helps that I have an Office365 subscription, I guess, but OneNote on iOS is actually quite good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I thought evernote was the one to get? Which one's the best to use between your phone and PC/browser?

-edit Nevermind keep is only on android

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 30, 2014

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Christoff posted:

I thought evernote was the one to get? Which one's the best to use between your phone and PC/browser?

Personal preference, but I use Evernote for everything except To-Do lists and checklist-style notes, as I feel Evernote's implementation of checklists is god-awful.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah evernotes check lists blows but I still painfully use it for them. I'm surprised they don't have specific check list templates to use.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

bvoid posted:

Personal preference, but I use Evernote for everything except To-Do lists and checklist-style notes, as I feel Evernote's implementation of checklists is god-awful.

Yeah this is me as well. It used to be much worse, now it's fast enough that I can use it to record ideas when I get woken up by them in the middle of the night.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

bvoid posted:

This is what I do as well. For checklists I use Clear, for everything else I use Evernote.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Cozmosis posted:

Unfortunately the webapp blows on the browser - both on the iPhone and on the iPad.

drat shame, as I love Keep. Much quicker and sleeker than Evernote, IMO.

I also love Keep and was pretty disappointed when I found out that there is no iOS app.

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.
I use Evernote because it's the only one I have fairly substantial confidence in the longevity thereof, and for what I use it for - that's all that matters.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I'm still pissed off about google killing off notebook. I looked at keep and it looks great but I can see getting into it and then having it killed like notebook and reader.

Not getting me again, google :colbert:

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I think the Youtube app gets shittier every time I open it. A couple months ago it started switching resolutions in video on me every 5 minutes or so and now when I launch the subscriptions tab it shows me the last 2-4 videos each individual sub has put out, I just want the videos my subs have put out in the order they were put out. Blagh.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Why the hell is the stock podcasts app crashing? Is there a free alternative? I just want to listen to my saved xlr8r mixes.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
how the hell does Fantastical 2 justify its pricing? Its calendar better blow my mind.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I already own it so remind me how many cups of coffee to support multiple people's full time jobs I'm supposed to get up in arms over? 2? Thanks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

app jobs are bad jobs

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

teraflame posted:

how the hell does Fantastical 2 justify its pricing? Its calendar better blow my mind.

Woulda never bought it at 10 but it's been pretty worth the 3-5 bucks it goes on sale for. Natural language processing and the presentation are really nice, but it's not going to totally revolutionize how well you use a calendar.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just went to download numbers and pages, in the App Store they're listed as $9.99, but when you click on the listing the buy button says free. I clicked and got it, but which is it? Free or 10 bux?

teraflame posted:

Yeah it's totally worth it. It lets you check all of your time sensitive stuff in one app and the maps support and poo poo is awesome.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

tuyop posted:

I just went to download numbers and pages, in the App Store they're listed as $9.99, but when you click on the listing the buy button says free. I clicked and got it, but which is it? Free or 10 bux?

If I remember correctly, they're free with new iPads. Maybe the latest iPhone too?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shelf Adventure posted:

If I remember correctly, they're free with new iPads. Maybe the latest iPhone too?

Is it just one that's free, or all of them? Keynote, pages, numbers... Etc?

Edit: looks like all of them are. Cool!

tuyop fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 4, 2014

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Simplenote is a good Keep/ios Notes alternative. It's like Evernote but text only, and has a good web interface too.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
To this day I've never worked out why "offline access to notes" is locked behind premium at £4/month for Evernote.

I tried using Simplenote for a while about a year ago but it had some bad problems with syncing correctly. Sometimes it wouldn't update changes I've made, even after getting back onto wifi and launching the app. Sometimes it would make duplicates and then after deleting a duplicate both versions of the file would be deleted.

If iOS Notes supported either folders or tags then I'd be so happy. :(

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Question Mark Mound posted:

To this day I've never worked out why "offline access to notes" is locked behind premium at £4/month for Evernote.

I tried using Simplenote for a while about a year ago but it had some bad problems with syncing correctly. Sometimes it wouldn't update changes I've made, even after getting back onto wifi and launching the app. Sometimes it would make duplicates and then after deleting a duplicate both versions of the file would be deleted.

If iOS Notes supported either folders or tags then I'd be so happy. :(

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for those simplenote bugs. I've not noticed them but I haven't been using it very long.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Leospeare posted:

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for those simplenote bugs. I've not noticed them but I haven't been using it very long.
Given how long it's been I assume it's probably all fixed by now, but it just kinda soured me so I stick to using iOS Notes which, while desperately lacking in features to organise my stuff, have never given me sync problems.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

I used SimpleNote for a year or two but the syncing issues finally made me abandon it about 6 months ago. It was bad enough that I'd pull my phone out while home on wifi, type up a grocery list with like 20 items in it, drive to the store, and the list was suddenly gone or only had one or two items on it and the other 19 list items would just be lost forever. After the third or fourth time that happened, I decided gently caress it and switched to Evernote as my notes backend for everything.

Drafts is great for quick phone notes though. It doesn't have built-in sync functionality but you can easily send drafts to other platforms like Dropbox, Evernote, or Google Drive. Once we get 3rd party keyboard support in iOS 8, Drafts + Swype clone are going to be the tits.

Fake edit: Just checked and Drafts actually does offer built in sync support through Simperium but I haven't tried it.

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

teraflame posted:

I own it on all three platforms it's on, and would consider it a bargain at thrice the price.

Fantastical rules. I run my life by it.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lexicon posted:

I own it on all three platforms it's on, and would consider it a bargain at thrice the price.

Fantastical rules. I run my life by it.

It's on Mac too? Goddamn I need to get a MBA.

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

tuyop posted:

It's on Mac too? Goddamn I need to get a MBA.

Yeah. The Mac one is the original if I'm not mistaken - I've had that one the longest and think of it as the 'canonical' Fantastical. It is, predictably, awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I've been using Simplenote for years. The sync issues drove me crazy for a long time, and I would always try out a few alternatives before returning to Simplenote and being very careful about syncing. Basically whenever you write something, you need to make sure that Simplenote finishes syncing before you close the app or do something else. However, I haven't had any issues lately. I feel like they've fixed most of the syncing issues over the past year and now I can use the app with reckless abandon and be confident my notes will be safe. That's just been my experience anyway.

• Locked thread