Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

sweart gliwere posted:

And yeah, they literally cross out 'French' on the menu for French toast. Glad to see the freedom fries mentality still thriving after its tenth birthday.
Am I the only one who still sees Arby's "Red Ranch Sauce" and gets annoyed because it's actually French dressing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

sweart gliwere posted:

It's pretty telling about the target audience for both the restaurant and The Blaze that there's no mention of any specific offerings. And instead of a menu picture, they show off the waitresses and sparse circlejerk gun decor.

Ha, checked their Facebook. The menu is rife with gun references. Get an M16 burrito, French Rifle toast, the Taurus trio (Guac 9 + Swiss and Wesson + Ricochet sliders), Ruger Reuben, double barreled cookie, locked and loaded nachos, bunker fajitas, six shooter omelette, etc.

And yeah, they literally cross out 'French' on the menu for French toast. Glad to see the freedom fries mentality still thriving after its tenth birthday.

Wonder how long they got till they get a C&D from S&W.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

computer parts posted:

So Ryan became the big government interference that ruined everything.
Of course, what you're really supposed to take from it is that Randians are not only evil, but they're also hypocrites. Just like Ayn Rand herself was a hypocrite.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
http://fatlip.leoweekly.com/2014/07/03/sen-brandon-smith-has-important-things-to-say-about-climate-change-mars/

quote:

“As you (Energy & Environment Cabinet official) sit there in your chair with your data, we sit up here in ours with our data and our constituents and stuff behind us. I don’t want to get into the debate about climate change, but I will simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here. Nobody will dispute that. Yet there are no coal mines on Mars. There are no factories on Mars that I’m aware of.”

Checkmate :smugdog:

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

The like how the first line in this article is:

quote:

Would you complain about your meal if the waitress serving the food was packing heat?

Well why wouldn't I? Responsible firearm owners would never use their weapon on someone exercising their Constitutional rights. It's almost like the presence of firearms has real effects on the behavior of non-carriers.

Internet Webguy posted:

Someone should open up a place accross the street and call it Gay Abdul's Abortion and Marijuana Cafe.

I would just be happy if someone started a place with that name anywhere.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Internet Webguy posted:

Someone should open up a place accross the street and call it Gay Abdul's Abortion and Marijuana Cafe.

I'm still partial to Osama's Homobortion Pot and Commie Jizzporium

vvv That would be Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Ted Cruz) vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 3, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Who was the piece of poo poo that said Washington needed a hundred more like Jesse Helms?

Because according to the Washington Post, 30+ (Congress? I'm on my phone here) people are telling Obama to deport DREAM Act kids.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2014/06/27/the-gop-is-now-officially-the-party-of-get-the-hell-out/

The Party of Jesse Helms doesn't quite have the same ring as Lincoln, but it's a gently caress of a lot more accurate. :argh:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 3, 2014

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Hasters posted:

I'm still partial to Osama's Homobortion Pot and Commie Jizzporium

DC's football team still needs a new name!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

AAaaaaaaaah! Jesus Christ! "Our planet's temperature matches a planet with a different atmosphere that is positioned differently, relative to the sun, than we are. I'm sure it has nothing to do with us."

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

FuzzySkinner posted:

I know Family Guy is Family guy but the quote from the one episode which is "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT, AND A CAP IN EVERY rear end" seems appropriate here.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/30/god-guns-and-good-eats-shooters-grill-in-rifle-colorado-is-a-second-amendment-success-story/

This literally seems like a restaurant that would be advertised on a radio station on GTA.

If the website didn't say TheBlaze I would've pegged it for an Onion piece.

They need to step up their loving game.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

ToxicSlurpee posted:

People that act and talk like Archie Bunker are common enough to be considered their own demographic.

Archie Bunker wasn't a straw man, basically. Part of the appeal of the show is everyone knew an Archie Bunker.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BiggerBoat posted:

You kid but doesn't this sound like a modern GOP candidate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lDb0Dn8OXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nSqDMqCJQw

Your Sledgehammer
May 10, 2010

Don`t fall asleep, you gotta write for THUNDERDOME
Anyone else seeing a ton of garbage from the Matt Walsh blog popping up on their Facebook newsfeed? He's got a fairly popular article about single men that is fairly reasonable and inoffensive until the end, but I clicked over to his homepage and the rest of it is the kind of stuff I'd expect to see on Fox Nation, the twist being that this guy is a millenial and tries incredibly hard to cultivate a sensitive, intellectual image (check out the pictures of himself that he uses). He has an article that is literally titled "Satan is a liberal."

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Yes.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders

Kenzie posted:

Well poo poo, I guess we better buy more guns then!

I was looking up Savage

like how S.E. Cupp has degrees in art history yet chose instead to make a career out of being a pair of tits for old men to dribble over on Fox. Sad.

Oh, God. I'm so disappointed. I thought her tits had a masters in poly sci at least.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart

Your Sledgehammer posted:

Anyone else seeing a ton of garbage from the Matt Walsh blog popping up on their Facebook newsfeed? He's got a fairly popular article about single men that is fairly reasonable and inoffensive until the end, but I clicked over to his homepage and the rest of it is the kind of stuff I'd expect to see on Fox Nation, the twist being that this guy is a millenial and tries incredibly hard to cultivate a sensitive, intellectual image (check out the pictures of himself that he uses). He has an article that is literally titled "Satan is a liberal."
Yeah, I've been seeing articles from him popping up in my newsfeed from mostly-apolitical-but-still-conservative people I barely know from high school. He writes more or less like the trashy Slate/Salon articles with a conservative bent. Keep this handy -- http://whatismattwalshwrongabouttoday.com/

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Infomaniac posted:

Oh, God. I'm so disappointed. I thought her tits had a masters in poly sci at least.

What this guy doesn't realize is that S.E. Cupp is performance art.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Your Sledgehammer posted:

There's some awful rant thats circulating from matt walsh about how some blonde chick killing an adult lion is not as bad as abortion as if its just people going around slitting the throats of children in their cribs. The title is literally "Just pretend this dead lion is a human baby, and then you won’t be so upset" although if he put "a human adult" it would actually make sense and show why both the disgust at killing an adult lion or human is both warranted. The idea of calling it a baby when it is too young to survive outside the womb is tactic to humanize the product of incomplete gestation to a point where you associate it with an infant, despite an immense difference in what is reality. That's without saying how he basically considers abortion to be a joke to the woman involved, so you can already dismiss him as a stupid piece of poo poo from the get-go.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I don't understand why the buses didn't just drive through, I doubt those protesting are ready to get run over for the cause. What a circus. It seems like any other type of protestor would have been dealt with much more harshly.

Right wing protesters can do whatever they want. It's not like officer pepper spray is going to show up, these are Real Americans.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Evil Sagan posted:

AAaaaaaaaah! Jesus Christ! "Our planet's temperature matches a planet with a different atmosphere that is positioned differently, relative to the sun, than we are. I'm sure it has nothing to do with us."

I think you're missing the real absurdity here. From the article:

quote:

(W)hile the average temperature on Earth is roughly 58 degrees Fahrenheit, the average temperature on Mars is approximately -80 degrees Fahrenheit. In Sen. Smith’s defense, he’s only off by about 138 degrees or so, which happens sometimes. Let’s go ahead and round up (up up up up up up up, etc…).

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
So Anthony from Opie & Anthony got fired for being a terrible, unrepentant racist. Now, who's going to:

- Defend him wholeheartedly for going on an hours-long racist Twitter rant, and for having a long history of saying racist as hell poo poo before this
- Immediately dismiss his conservative media credentials and call him an unimportant liberal nobody (libs are the real racists)
- Both in the same breath, somehow?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

-Give him a job on an AM station?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
So if Megyn Kelly successfully brings the mullet back from the dead does that mean there's a chance for Reagan?

Flectarn
May 29, 2013

Chantilly Say posted:

So Anthony from Opie & Anthony got fired for being a terrible, unrepentant racist. Now, who's going to:

- Defend him wholeheartedly for going on an hours-long racist Twitter rant, and for having a long history of saying racist as hell poo poo before this
- Immediately dismiss his conservative media credentials and call him an unimportant liberal nobody (libs are the real racists)

lol

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

e_angst posted:

I think you're missing the real absurdity here. From the article:

The right likes to trot out some bogus study about the rate of warming being the same on Mars and other planets as it is here. Dude probably just butchered his talking points.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

"No one has the right to assault you. Except for maybe my brother."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This has been all over conservative media today with captions like "How to make a liberals head explode"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
As a liberal I am outraged, I tell you, outraged!

Shouldn't she have a gun? I think I might be made even angrier if she had a gun.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Yeah, she's seriously slacking.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

This has been all over conservative media today with captions like "How to make a liberals head explode"

Should have added a Redskins hat. 2/10 would not get trolled again.

Chantilly Say posted:

That's goddamn delicious right there. Couldn't have happened to a bigger shithead.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

moller posted:

Yeah, she's seriously slacking.

"What's this "society" thing you talk about? I only follow my tribe."

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

PostNouveau posted:

Should have added a Redskins hat. 2/10 would not get trolled again.

That's goddamn delicious right there. Couldn't have happened to a bigger shithead.

On the 4th of July too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chantilly Say posted:

That doesn't surprise me at all. him and opie were practically blowing zimmerman and talking poo poo about obama and any other black person for the last 5 years. Their politics got awful after obama got in. I used to listen to some of there stuff on youtube. it was sorta funny in a edgy way.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 4, 2014

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Pictured: a person who would absolutely get an abortion if she accidentally became pregnant and then justify it because her situation was special and she really had no other choice.

I loving hate these people.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Anthony gets fired for racism and Robert Mellon Scaife died............ this is the best Independence Day.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

pengun101 posted:

That doesn't surprise me at all. him and opie were practically blowing zimmerman and talking poo poo about obama and any other black person for the last 5 years. Their politics got awful after obama got in. I used to listen to some of there stuff on youtube. it was sorta funny in a edgy way.

Eh, he was always a big collector of nazi stuff - I used to listen on drivetime home sometimes. So, anyone have links to what was going on? Something involving Zimmerman?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Warcabbit posted:

Eh, he was always a big collector of nazi stuff - I used to listen on drivetime home sometimes. So, anyone have links to what was going on? Something involving Zimmerman?

hmm. george's brother defended anthony.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

What is happening here? I understand what each component of this image is, but I don't get how they're related.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

moths posted:

What is happening here? I understand what each component of this image is, but I don't get how they're related.

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2014/07/04/3456669/opie-and-anthony-host-fired-by-siriusxm-after-this-brutally-racist-tirade-on-twitter/

Basically, Anthony from from opie and Anthony went on a giant tirade about black people on his twitter after maybe getting assaulted by a black woman. Zimmerman is responding to his tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Sandra Fluke's friend suffered from polycystic ovary syndrome. While easily treatable with contraceptive hormones, Georgetown university denied coverage. The ovary eventually had to be surgically removed in a much more expensive and painful prodedure.

LOL I LOVE HOW IT DRIVES LIBERALS CRAZY!