Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The refs have been super garbage all cup long, lol if you think a stadium literally filled in yellow wouldn't turn these poo poo refs into chicken-shits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I have enjoyed the match and think the referee is managing a feisty encounter quiet well. Giving fouls, keeping players in the pitch.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
FIFA needs to gently caress off ever using Spanish refs. They're easily the worst

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

mackintosh posted:

that should've been a yellow, at the very least, this ref is terrible

He is. He's gonna wimp out at a crucial moment, hope it's not decisive.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's it not like he's given nothing to Colombia and they have been kicking the brazilians

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

it makes zero sense to me how Fred and Jo are the two striker options of the nation of Brasil

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Goddammit, Colombia, get in the game so we can start the dance party.

lockdar
Jul 7, 2008

What I don't understand is the dutch commentators saying that Brazil is finally showing the world how good they are. The only thing I'm seeing is fouls, dirty shots and a corrupt ref. And what do the fans shout when the goalkeeper kicks the ball? It sounds like football.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Paperback Writer posted:

it makes zero sense to me how Fred and Jo are the two striker options of the nation of Brasil

Diego Costa is Spain

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Paperback Writer posted:

diego costa declared for spain instead lmao

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

tetsman posted:

underwhelming by the colombians, i can't see them beating brazil

Tbf they're rattled and the real Brazilians have showed up.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

JFairfax posted:

I have enjoyed the match and think the referee is managing a feisty encounter quiet well. Giving fouls, keeping players in the pitch.

Yeah he's been okay. Could have got some cards out, but against both teams pretty much equally.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
i watched it without sound while watching something else on the tv, it looked to me like a good half and the ref decided to let them kick each other and that's not a bad thing imo

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Mans posted:

The refs have been super garbage all cup long, lol if you think a stadium literally filled in yellow wouldn't turn these poo poo refs into chicken-shits.

yeah i learned this in 2002

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Mr. Mambold posted:

Tbf they're rattled and the real Brazilians have showed up.

i was gaslighted into believing they'd play like a cohesive team and that james rodriguez would own, but they have looked poor

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

haha

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I dont see why the refs considered so bad, he seems OK to me. Reading this thread is like reading the Freep one, Colombian supporters are already constructing a victimised narrative for how the Colombian team lost before the game is over.

Ref's fine, you're just mad Colombia is losing.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

tetsman posted:

i was gaslighted into believing they'd play like a cohesive team and that james rodriguez would own, but they have looked poor

they will, believe

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

i watched it without sound while watching something else on the tv, it looked to me like a good half and the ref decided to let them kick each other and that's not a bad thing imo

source your quotes

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
the ref has been poo poo for both teams some of you need to stop clutching your pearls its embarrassing

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Syncopated posted:

source your quotes

hahaha

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Xachariah posted:

I dont see why the refs considered so bad, he seems OK to me. Reading this thread is like reading the Freep one, Colombian supporters are already constructing a victimised narrative for how the Colombian team lost before the game is over.

Ref's fine, you're just mad Colombia is losing.

that's how i've seen the game. The ref has not punished any of the two teams harshly and if Colombia are losing it's because they haven't created good chances imo

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

tetsman posted:

that's how i've seen the game. The ref has not punished any of the two teams harshly and if Colombia are losing it's because they haven't created good chances imo

absolutely this

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Ramires is a better striker than Fred

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

the bbc radio 5 live crew are going mental about the refs

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

tetsman posted:

yeah this, and their free kicks have been woeful

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

tetsman posted:

He hasnt, they are

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

lockdar posted:

And what do the fans shout when the goalkeeper kicks the ball? It sounds like football.

PU-TO

Paraiba
May 11, 2007

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

tetsman posted:

They're not passing well, trying to macho it. Cuadrado had numbers up in front of goal that just a decent pass could have equalized it and he squibbed.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Did blackcats and tanks during halftime. did I miss anything yet?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

tetsman posted:

ref should have shown a couple more cards imo, but Colombia is definitely losing because they don't have any grip on the match yet.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Lol @ match corruption commercial

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ronaldo is in a PN-03 sequel?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

still mad about them takingthis from us

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012