Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gatts posted:

Cap has an adopted son?

No one from Truth? No crossover from some other book like GoG? Captain Racoon?

You should read dimention z. The first storyline from Remender's cap run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's Falcon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Little Mac posted:

It's Falcon.

Falcon would be kinda cool, except I like him doing his own thing in Mighty Avengers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gatts posted:

Cap has an adopted son?

When Cap spent some time in Dimension Z he rescued a baby from Zola and raised him as a son. Because time moves differently there the kid is all grown up and was running around that place being a hero as Nomad.

The whole thing is kind of bizarre though seeing as its been less than 10 years since the last time there was a new Captain America.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Eagerly awaiting the reveal that Cap's adopted son has brain swapped with Zemo or Zola or Red Skull and will be the new SUPERIOR ARYAN Captain America! :v:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They've already shown the cover of Avengers which has the lineup of like 9 months into the future, and the guy holding the shield is Falcon.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jiro posted:

Eagerly awaiting the reveal that Cap's adopted son has brain swapped with Zemo or Zola or Red Skull and will be the new SUPERIOR ARYAN Captain America! :v:

That or they're replacing him with Major Victory to make Justice's little fight with Cap last week all the more ironic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I thought Ian was Cap's biological lab-grown son, not his adopted son.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
I'm sure it's the Tomorrow Soldier, which is almost definitely Ian Rogers.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
It's probably a bear, chill out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gatts posted:

Cap has an adopted son?

It feels like Marvel wants to ignore that they ever published Truth so I doubt we'll get many more shout outs to it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

It feels like Marvel wants to ignore that they ever published Truth so I doubt we'll get many more shout outs to it.

It was brought up in Original Sin #0.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

It was brought up in Original Sin #0.

I must have missed that. I figured with how they've treated Patriot the last few years they wanted nothing to do with it any longer.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

It's Purple Man's son, Kid Fuchsia.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
You realize the reason they don't mention Truth or Isaiah Bradley is because of rights negotiations with the late Robert Morales, right? It's not weird institutionalized racism.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

d00gZ posted:

You realize the reason they don't mention Truth or Isaiah Bradley is because of rights negotiations with the late Robert Morales, right? It's not weird institutionalized racism.

I never said a thing about racism. Jesus Christ.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I have enjoyed Moon Knight but for a book designed to 'revamp' Moon Knight or whatever, I feel like 99% of it (ESPECIALLY this issue) could have been literally any character with roughly the same skillset.

Which makes for entertaining enough (and gorgeously drawn/colored) comic, but how do you sell this as MOON KNIGHT IS COOL/MARKETABLE AGAIN, GUYS? What about this (or 99% of the run) couldn't be done as a story featuring Batman, Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Robin/Nightwing/Red Robin/Batgirl/etc., Punisher, Jack Bauer, or really almost literally street level character who is against injustice and crime?

They're good comics, but it just seems kinda pointless to toss off five one-shots that do nothing to establish a hook/character and then dump it on Brian Wood to get canceled by issue 10.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Edge & Christian posted:

I have enjoyed Moon Knight but for a book designed to 'revamp' Moon Knight or whatever, I feel like 99% of it (ESPECIALLY this issue) could have been literally any character with roughly the same skillset.

Which makes for entertaining enough (and gorgeously drawn/colored) comic, but how do you sell this as MOON KNIGHT IS COOL/MARKETABLE AGAIN, GUYS? What about this (or 99% of the run) couldn't be done as a story featuring Batman, Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Robin/Nightwing/Red Robin/Batgirl/etc., Punisher, Jack Bauer, or really almost literally street level character who is against injustice and crime?

They're good comics, but it just seems kinda pointless to toss off five one-shots that do nothing to establish a hook/character and then dump it on Brian Wood to get canceled by issue 10.

What about the issue where he has to dress in the Khonshu armor to fight ghosts? That's much more distinctly Moon Knight and wouldn't be done with any of those other characters.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I'm 100% sure the new Cap's gonna be Falcon.

Genetic Toaster fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 4, 2014

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Genetic Toaster posted:

I'm 100% sure the New Cap's gonna be Falcon.

I can't wait for Glenn Beck's take on this.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

d00gZ posted:

Are you sure? Because Wizkids licensed Isaiah for Heroclix so they can't be that muddled.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wait a second, if it is Sam, that would make him Captain Falcon!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Edge & Christian posted:

Establishing a character's style and getting interest in a character is pretty important, and probably better for someone on a short run

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't think it could've been just anyone. A lot of it plays on how he's a crazy guy in a bright white suit being a vigilante of the night. And not everyone has the resources he has. I like how Ellis is playing up the, "They see me coming" thing which is very unlike most street level Marvel heroes.

Speaking of Moon Knight again, are other MK runs as good as this one? I've never really read the character. I've seen him around my whole life, but people always wrote him off as the Batman ripoff so I never paid him much mind.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Unmature posted:

A lot of it plays on how he's a crazy guy in a bright white suit being a vigilante of the night. And not everyone has the resources he has. I like how Ellis is playing up the, "They see me coming" thing which is very unlike most street level Marvel heroes.

That's a big part of it. Batman and Daredevil, the biggest heroes most similar to Moon Knight in terms of ability, style, and gear, would have stealthily picked the mob enforcers off one by one, if not just snatching the girl away under their noses outright.

I also can't see either one doing the dream issue. Maybe Batman, but it still fit the supernaturally inclined Moon Knight better, as did ghost punching and the mystic armor. Batman also might have done the first issue, but he would be short with the police and not talked to the killer, losing all the flavor.

Unmature posted:

Speaking of Moon Knight again, are other MK runs as good as this one? I've never really read the character. I've seen him around my whole life, but people always wrote him off as the Batman ripoff so I never paid him much mind.

First volume of the Huston arc is awesome, but it drops off after that. It really emphasizes MK's instability.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 4, 2014

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I do like that Moon Knight is acting as the protector of those who travel at night. It's like, oddly comforting to have a hero specifically for that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edge & Christian posted:

Yeah a good 80 to 90 percent of the last issue could have been those heroes (meaning I can see a well drawn book that is mostly one of them tearing apart 5 stories of gangsters being pretty awesome) but the part at the end where he tells the girl not to be scared, it's just a mask, and then she says it's his real face is totally a Moon Knight thing (maybe Batman, but definitely not Captain America, or Daredevil or any of the rest of the Bat family).

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

Yeah a good 80 to 90 percent of the last issue could have been those heroes (meaning I can see a well drawn book that is mostly one of them tearing apart 5 stories of gangsters being pretty awesome) but the part at the end where he tells the girl not to be scared, it's just a mask, and then she says it's his real face is totally a Moon Knight thing (maybe Batman, but definitely not Captain America, or Daredevil or any of the rest of the Bat family).

It's also a Rorschach thing.

Actually, gear and limo aside, Rorschach would also fit that issue really well. Someone get him an ink blot shaped drone to squash people with.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Codependent Poster posted:

I do like that Moon Knight is acting as the protector of those who travel at night. It's like, oddly comforting to have a hero specifically for that.

That was Khonsu's deal, really; he was a lunar deity, and so was associated with the night time and with travel (because of the moon's 'travel' across the sky at night). He was, quite literally, the god of 'the light in the darkness.'

That it's taken this long for someone to make that explicit with Marvel Khonshu is the surprising part, really.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

It's also a Rorschach thing.

Actually, gear and limo aside, Rorschach would also fit that issue really well. Someone get him an ink blot shaped drone to squash people with.

Rorschach doing such extravagant martial art stuff instead of just being a competent and horribly dirty fighter would be such a disservice to the character.

While it's true that a lot of these issues is universal and not unique to Moon Knight, I think the odd behavior and to-the-point brutality is pretty unique to him, as well as the visual motifs. I mean sure, last issue was mostly just The Raid with a mask on, but there were still key moments that define him as a character.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Before Watchmen: Rorschach should've just been 6 issues of Rorschach storming a building and beating the christ out of random goons. One issue per floor.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Unmature posted:

The Charlie Huston and Doug Moench/Bill Sienkiewicz runs are both even better, I'd say.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Dacap posted:

New Marvel teaser, apparently there will be a new Captain America and Marvel is showing who it is Monday

I think I just heard everyone who reads comics collectively yawning.

Behold as somebody pretends to be Captain America for fifteen minutes and goes away because Steve Rogers is too intrinsic to the character like Clark Kent is to Superman.

edit: Bad autocorrect, bad! No biscuit!

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
If Steve and Fury being old doesn't lead to some All Old Marvel Team-Up mini series I'll be disappointed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

Behold as somebody pretends to be Captain America for fifteen minutes and goes away because Steve Rogers is too intrinsic to the character like Clark Kent is to Superman.

Hey, I liked Bucky as Cap the last time this happened. Marvel doesn't really do legacy characters the way DC used to, but as an occasional change of pace its fine.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Skwirl posted:

Hey, I liked Bucky as Cap the last time this happened. Marvel doesn't really do legacy characters the way DC used to, but as an occasional change of pace its fine.

I'm not like mad about it, it just isn't exciting,
:holy:"Try and guess who the new cap will be! Come on guess!"

:geno:"Ehhh, no thanks."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the Cap change even going yo affect other books? Steve is pretty important in Hickman's Avengers right now.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Aphrodite posted:

Is the Cap change even going yo affect other books? Steve is pretty important in Hickman's Avengers right now.

8 Months Later's Avenger cover actually features old Steve and new hotness Cap.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SirDan3k posted:

Particularly because they did that not to long ago.

I mean anything to get away from Steve because he makes even Hal Jordan look interesting, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

goldenoreos posted:

8 Months Later's Avenger cover actually features old Steve and new hotness Cap.

Link pls

• Locked thread