Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FutonForensic posted:

5 minutes in:

"That's one thing I absolutely love about the TMP"

What's happening to Pat :ohdear:

It's called backtracking ok?!

Pat vs the TMP is legitimately one of the best parts of the videos, and them ending with him having to go 'ok well maybe sometimes it's good' was the sweetest payoff to that.

Like others have said I like when they play hot garbage, but them playing games they legitimately love, or series that they have a bond with, are really satisfying. Also sometimes we get a bit of both like with the excellence of RE4 and the wet fart of the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like watching them play games like No More Heroes if only so I can listen to them all go YEEEAAAAHHHHH whenever something stupid/awesome/stupid and awesome happens.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea hearing them legitimately get amped over something stupid is pretty great. More video game people need to get hype about stupid poo poo like The Iron Shiek attacking Goldberg (I think?) with a forklift in a backstage brawl.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Meanwhile, the Theme Month has officially started!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWiobaLtNiY

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I like watching them play games like No More Heroes if only so I can listen to them all go YEEEAAAAHHHHH whenever something stupid/awesome/stupid and awesome happens.
Their Metal Gear Rising playthrough is full of those hype moments. I used to think Super Best Friends was just another dumb, run of the mill no-effort youtube LP brand and then I watched the first video of the Rising LP (thanks to Retsutalk for the recommendation) and the part that turned me was about halfway through the video when Sundowner cuts a cyborg's head off with his huge scissor-blades and Pat immediately goes "What the gently caress is this. That is the dumbest, most impractical weapon ever, I hope I get it." That's when I learned.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Angry Walrus posted:

Expected after the true believers line but still awesome. Lots of terrible terrible games to play in that genre.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
THE HYPEST, MOST SPECTACULAR, FANTASTIC, SENSATIONAL, AND UNCANNY THEME MONTH OF YOUTUBE IS UNDERWAY, THE AMAZING SUPERFRIENDS :flashfact:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Solaris Knight posted:

THE HYPEST, MOST SPECTACULAR, FANTASTIC, SENSATIONAL, AND UNCANNY THEME MONTH OF YOUTUBE IS UNDERWAY, THE AMAZING SUPERFRIENDS!!! :flashfact:

I felt like it was missing something.

Well, it's technically Mahvel, I guess.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Oh god, I got a massive headache from this one. Thanks Visual Concepts. :thumbsup:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You have no idea how happy you've made me by using that corny-as-gently caress Fantastic Four song.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Angry Walrus posted:

Jesus gently caress. And people say the camera in the early Resident Evil games is bad.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Angry Walrus posted:

I'm not even ten minutes into this. Between Sue's spinning in place, Mr. Fantastic's goofy animations, and The Thing just running around carrying stuff, I don't think I'll make it to the end without dying from laughing.

This is going to be a fun month.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Captain Invictus posted:

You have no idea how happy you've made me by using that corny-as-gently caress Fantastic Four song.

Hahah! Glad you like it! There's gonna be a bunch of different animated intros from our talented friends, with lots of fun songs!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I am so disappointed you'll never do a full playthrough of that game because good god that 1st stage is long.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

Hahah! Glad you like it! There's gonna be a bunch of different animated intros from our talented friends, with lots of fun songs!

Woah, video-specific intros for a theme month? Zaibatsu making it rain up in here!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Just your friends, or will known serial killer and suspected farmer Plague of Gripes also be contributing?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Er, well, he already did so for the first episode!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Er, well, he already did so for the first episode!

Hadn't had a chance to watch it yet. Hooray!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

"I DON'T THINK THIS GAME IS VERY GOOD!!!" - Pat, 2014

(this should be on the back of many games)

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Undersea Magic posted:

Attention Matt:

Please play Vampire Savior and/or Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire for Friday Night Fisticuffs. Thanks in advance.

I really agree strongly with the suggestion to play Fist of Fire.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

BrownThunder posted:

Then that would be on virtually every single game that isn't Dark Souls.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

Then that would be on virtually every single game that isn't Dark Souls.

Or Persona, more accurately.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BrownThunder posted:

This and

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME" - Also Pat

should basically be the channel mottos.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Kaptain K posted:

I really agree strongly with the suggestion to play Fist of Fire.

The problem with that, is that we constantly mention certain fighting games to play on Fisticuffs, but Woolie usually shoots them down if he has not played them a whole bunch, and doesn't have immediate access to a boss.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Weird that he does that while making Liam and Pat play Skullgirls while both freely admitted playing next to nothing of it.

Smells like Woolie's hypocrisy.

Hypocriwoolie.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Woolpocrisy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNl7h93B3Cg

The Judge Dredd comics are colourful as gently caress, it's just that they were almost always black and white for a long time.

One neat thing about MC1 is that they built a Statue of Justice right next to the Statue of Liberty.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

BrownThunder posted:

Only the back?

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

TheRealestMatt posted:

The problem with that, is that we constantly mention certain fighting games to play on Fisticuffs, but Woolie usually shoots them down if he has not played them a whole bunch, and doesn't have immediate access to a boss.

A fighting game you're all equally inexperienced with would be a great change of pace for the next Fisticuffs.

Also this:

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Kaptain K posted:

A fighting game you're all equally inexperienced with would be a great change of pace for the next Fisticuffs.

I'm pretty sure they'll play Blazblue at some point.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_lxbTdb5E

"There's like a party in my PlayStation 3 and everyone's throwing up!"

:lol:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Pat a yellow lantern? Surely he'd be a red.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Matt and Liam finish Guts' Rage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU9gvbQrmnk

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Looks like it was actually a christian chinese movie theater.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Apparently the friendcast is moving to this fancy new website soon, but it's missing some of the latest stuff. That'll probably be fixed soon though!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDxpkQ82ws

Not skipping any beats, but they're going to have to find 3 more superhero fighting games.

edit:

:lol:

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 5, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Silentman0 posted:

Not skipping any beats, but they're going to have to find 3 more superhero fighting games.

Marvel Vs. Capcom series, DC Vs. MK, possibly X-men vs. Street Fighter.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Don't forget Marvel Super Heroes. :v:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Or X:Men Children of the Atom, for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandolore
Jul 16, 2013
Spawn the Eternal video was too great. The part where he rips the dudes arm off and continues to fight was hilariously bad you had to laugh.