Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I hope they don't actually overcharge us for a jojonium. It's higher quality, actually has like 2 volumes to a book? and other tuff. It's hard to see each Jojonium being only ten bucks each. So just to get up to the end of part 3, is like 170 bucks or more. I will keep supporting the jojoniums as long as they put them out. I won't complain if it peters out at the end of Vento Arteo but it better keep going until then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
This is the taste of a liar... mozzerella

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Really, the main issue with Part 5 is that in its current state, it's almost unreadable. Half the stuff in it was made up wholesale because the translation guys didn't understand Japanese very well, the scan-quality itself is horrendous, and whatever they don't outright butcher, they write really boring. It's COHERENT, it's just completely uninteresting because all the nuance is lost due to the horrible translation. They don't even get people's battle-cries right, for gently caress's sakes, and that's the EASY part.

I'm given to understand Giorno is a lot more interesting and likable in the original Japanese, even though Bruno STILL steals the show because he's Bruno and that's kinda what he does. And that's great, IF you can read in Japanese. But if not, the existing scans are a nightmare to slog through; I write and edit professionally and if any one of my underlings brought me something that looked like the part 5 scans I'd fling them out a window. And then DORARARARARA them back to perfect health so I could do it again.

DUWANG was at least entertainingly bad. The existing Part 5 scans take something absolutely fascinating and make it atrociously boring, which in my book is a FAR worse crime than just being incoherent.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

darealkooky posted:

Narancia doesn't ever yell volare via, instead it's just some generic line like "now you die!" in the middle of a gigantic word balloon.

Yeah, I remember being pretty surprised to find out he had a Stand Cry.

Things like this are why the internet was created.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
This episode reminded me of how Enya could transform into a young woman for no reason in the OVA.

Like, what was the point of that? The OVA made so many weird little changes like that.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

This episode reminded me of how Enya could transform into a young woman for no reason in the OVA.

Like, what was the point of that? The OVA made so many weird little changes like that.

I think it was supposed to be a nod to Empress since they skipped that fight.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MelvinBison posted:

I think it was supposed to be a nod to Empress since they skipped that fight.

That and they probably thought more sexxxiness was needed.

The current anime understands shots of Dio posing is more than enough for that.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kabanaw posted:

This is the taste of a liar... mozzerella

Pizza Mozzarella,
Pizza Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella!

Gonna be a hit I can tell!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It's probably just an extension of the illusion power Justice had for one scene in the manga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPWBhuNKPuY

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

cmykjester posted:

Pizza Mozzarella,
Pizza Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella,
Mozzarella!

Gonna be a hit I can tell!

:geno: What a great song. It'll be real big in Europe!

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Aurora posted:

So Gyro is secretly just Hol Horse.

HoHo's Bizarre Adventure.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

NyoHo's Bizarre Adventure.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Waffleman_ posted:

:geno: What a great song. It'll be real big in Europe!

Aw, you're a great friend, Waffleman_!

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Ineffiable posted:

I hope they don't actually overcharge us for a jojonium. It's higher quality, actually has like 2 volumes to a book? and other tuff. It's hard to see each Jojonium being only ten bucks each. So just to get up to the end of part 3, is like 170 bucks or more. I will keep supporting the jojoniums as long as they put them out. I won't complain if it peters out at the end of Vento Arteo but it better keep going until then!

20 bucks per volume 1.5 vols or so per vol. So basically bunkoban. Its technically not confirmed as jojonium but its easy to assume so. They want to check interest to make it either soft or hardcover and hardcover might be the way theyre going. Which would make it different from jojonium. Also no part 3 was actually confirmed as getting a re release. Just 1 and 2. I was at the panel so if more info has come out and im wrong feel free to correct me.

Uznare fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 5, 2014

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I will buy whatever edition they decide to put out. Jojonium would be super nice though.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

hello everyone in the Jojo thread I just finished episode 11 and hol horse ownes bones and I hope he becomes a good guy and he and jotaro own people together but I'm p sure that won't happen

Also I am sad that avdol is dead :saddowns: I liked his weird hair

ok byebye Jojo thread nice talking with ya

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Avdol is not dead.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

And Elvis was abducted by aliens.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
My uncle works for Lucky Land Communications and he says that Cream's dark dimension is actually a gateway to the SBR universe and the final boss of Jojolion is cyborg Avdol.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I've been reading Part 7 lately and it seems pretty good so far, if not a little odd. Feels like Araki got a little tired of the Jojo formula and wanted to shake things up, so I'm not really complaining.

One thing I am very thankful for is that Johnny shooting his nails isn't nearly as graphic as I was expecting. That's part of the reason I was really dreading his character.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I just woke up from a dream where the anime started changing Magiician's Red's name to Net Eagle in both English and Japanese.
I'm going back to bed now, later guys

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 5, 2014

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I just woke up from a dream where the anime started changing Magiician's Red's name to Net Eagle in both English and Japanese.
I'm going back to bed now, later guys

Can't wait for JJBA: Mega Man X Edition

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
YOU GOT.

CROSSFIRE VARIATION.

I'd be super down for a Megaman x Jojo's thing. Who needs Flashman when you can use The World.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

I'm surprised this is all I could find, I figured there would be more fanart.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The real surprise is that they didn't use Bass for that image.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Because Proto Man is evil. Haven't you watched the canonical American cartoon?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Now I need some Adventure Time x JoJo art.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

KidDynamite posted:

Now I need some Adventure Time x JoJo art.

Someone needs to combine these two pics.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Tonkam is going to publish a new edition of Phantom Blood in France this month, now that they are finished with the new edition of Stardust Crusaders.

Tonkam is also currently publishing Steel Ball Run, up to volume 9 now.

For comparison's sake, the first edition published by J'ai Lu:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Tonkam is going to publish a new edition of Phantom Blood in France this month, now that they are finished with the new edition of Stardust Crusaders.

Tonkam is also currently publishing Steel Ball Run, up to volume 9 now.

For comparison's sake, the first edition published by J'ai Lu:

I like the idea of putting the name of the part before JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Makes each part stand out a bit more on its own.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I like the idea of putting the name of the part before JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Makes each part stand out a bit more on its own.

Yeah, it's neat.

They took over starting at Part V, so they didn't want to start with volume 47 or somesuch, so they decided to make each part it's own series, with the global series number in parenthesis.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I was rereading the Justice chapter of Stardust Crusaders, and I can't help but notice something.

The problem that Jotaro points out to Enya is that she called him Jotaro when he signed Qtaro in the sign-in book.

But she also refers to Kakyoin as Noriaki Kakyoin, and his name is signed Tenmei Kakyoin.

Do they ever explain that?

Ah, I found an answer on Tumblr. Tenmei is apparently an alternate pronunciation of Noriaki. So, it's either an error or Kakyoin was suspicious, too.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was rereading the Justice chapter of Stardust Crusaders, and I can't help but notice something.

The problem that Jotaro points out to Enya is that she called him Jotaro when he signed Qtaro in the sign-in book.

But she also refers to Kakyoin as Noriaki Kakyoin, and his name is signed Tenmei Kakyoin.

Ah, I found an answer on Tumblr. Tenmei is apparently an alternate pronunciation of Noriaki. So, it's either an error or Kakyoin was suspicious, too.
Like anyone ever calls him anything other than Kakyoin.

I also like how nobody told Polnareff this particular scheme, but then he's pretty hard to conceal.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wait a second, is "Josef" canon then?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Wait a second, is "Josef" canon then?

Used to be, isn't anymore. Araki decided he liked Joseph more. Recent stuff all says Joseph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

After Enya said she knew the name Joestar from them earlier, Jotaro made none of the group refer to each other by their full name out loud and they sign the guest book with false names. Enya later states everyone's correct names and not what they wrote, outing her for knowing what she shouldn't.

• Locked thread