Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Figures that Shovel Knight isn't out yet in PAL land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Kurtofan posted:

Figures that Shovel Knight isn't out yet in PAL land.

Ugh, I was just about to open my 3DS :argh:

Soral
May 30, 2009

Normally I fire these off into the Swapnote void but since that's no longer possible, I'll post this Club Nintendo code here for anyone who needs a couple extra points to get into gold/platinum tier before the end of the month:

M9A-AQKS-X538-XR3

It's an NA Tomodachi Life code, please post saying you've taken it so others know.

vvv no problem! vvv

Soral fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jun 27, 2014

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Soral posted:

Normally I fire these off into the Swapnote void but since that's no longer possible, I'll post this Club Nintendo code here for anyone who needs a couple extra points to get into gold/platinum tier before the end of the month:

M9A-AQKS-X538-XR3

It's an NA Tomodachi Life code, please post saying you've taken it so others know.

Thanks! Got me from gold to platinum.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Intie Creates just announced that their 3DS eShop game, Gunvolt, will be released in Japan in August, with an NA release scheduled soon after (twitter dude suggested it'd probably come in September sometime). Here's a few minutes of footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRo1gjDRWzQ

This looks peak anime, yet I can't help but to think of the Mega Man X series with what was shown.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Intie Creates just announced that their 3DS eShop game, Gunvolt, will be released in Japan in August, with an NA release scheduled soon after (twitter dude suggested it'd probably come in September sometime). Here's a few minutes of footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRo1gjDRWzQ

I might be crazy, but this looks so much loving better than Mighty No. 9.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wark Say posted:

This looks peak anime, yet I can't help but to think of the Mega Man X series with what was shown.

There is a reason for that. The developers worked on various Mega Man games.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If you can get 40 more coins from doing a survey or two you might as well go for it.

Every year Nintendo gives gifts to Club Nintendo users based on two tiers: Gold and Platinum. Gold members get to pick from some game downloads that almost never show up in the monthly CN rotation or a calendar, while Platinum members get to pick from that or some extra stuff, one year it had a collection of Mario Kart trophies and last year you could get the Majora's Mask soundtrack.
On July 1st the Club Nintendo year starts again and the status goes back to the bottom, but your coins are kept the same. You might want to keep surveys ready for this point so you hit Platinum status easily next year.

I take it this is US only? The uk Club Nintendo seems to operate with stars and doesn't mention any of the membership levels.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Hakkesshu posted:

I might be crazy, but this looks so much loving better than Mighty No. 9.

Personally yea, I think you're crazy. That looked super boring from what they showed.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It looks like you hold a button to win.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Quest For Glory II posted:

It looks like you hold a button to win.

Almost. If I discerned anything from that video, you first tag your opponent with your gun and then send high voltage to your tagged adversaries.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Rexroom posted:

Almost. If I discerned anything from that video, you first tag your opponent with your gun and then send high voltage to your tagged adversaries.

It was hard to follow along because of the sound and video quality, but there's also a lot of meter management. If you ever deplete your energy all the way you overheat, and there's a time delay before you can recharge again. You take no damage while surrounded by your energy field, so it seems like a big part of the game will be managing attack and defense and then dodging until you're back up to full strength for another salvo.

Could be neat? It's hard to gauge either way from a tutorial video.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
So uhh do not try to add funds to your account at the moment. You'll get an error code and apparently you'll still get charged

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

It was hard to follow along because of the sound and video quality, but there's also a lot of meter management. If you ever deplete your energy all the way you overheat, and there's a time delay before you can recharge again. You take no damage while surrounded by your energy field, so it seems like a big part of the game will be managing attack and defense and then dodging until you're back up to full strength for another salvo.

Could be neat? It's hard to gauge either way from a tutorial video.

Yeah, it could ramp up, and the tutorial stages in the last two Inti games like this were pretty pathetic as well. ZX Advent's was just a straight line where you walked forward and used your homing shot a couple times.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Siloconera has translated some info on the scoring system, some of the unlockable skills, etc:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/28/racking-higher-score-azure-striker-gunvolt-changes-stage-music/
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/27/skills-can-use-azure-striker-gunvolt/

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A datesim-based lives system. Well, that's unique I guess.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 26):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    One Piece Unlimited World Red - €54.99 / £43.99
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - €29.90 / £24.90
WII U eSHOP
    Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - €13.99 / £11.99 (July 2)
    Armillo - €6.00 / £5.50, introductory price €4.50 / £4.00
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure - €5.00 / £4.00, introductory price €2.50 / £2.00
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Adventure Island (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Ends July 31.]
    Toki Tori 2+ (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.50 until July 3
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.19 from July 3-10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Pokemon Art Academy - €34.99 / £29.99 (July 4)
3DS eSHOP
    Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! - €12.99 / £11.69
    Squids Odyssey - €12.99 / £9.99
    Quell Reflect - €3.99 / £3.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    StreetPass Mii Plaza (3DS)- combo pack €9.99 / £8.99, individual games €3.99 / £3.59 until July 13
    2 Fast 4 Gnomz (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    AiRace Speed (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    Bit Boy!! ARCADE (3DS eShop - €2.99 / £2.69 until July 3
    Urban Trial Freestyle (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until July 3
    Fractured Soul (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 until July 3
    Kung Fu Rabbit (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.19 from July 3-10
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.74 / £1.49 until July 17
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until July 17
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS eShop) - 89.99 until July 17
    Doodle Jump Adventures (3DS) - €12.99 / £29.99 from July 3-17
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 from July 3-17

Perhaps the most notable thing on the press release: "If you downloaded Squids Odyssey on Nintendo 3DS, you can download Squids Odyssey from Nintendo eShop on Wii U for free! (Your Wii U and Nintendo 3DS must be linked with the same Nintendo Network ID.)" Cross-buy! Why is some no-name indie the first to do this? Who knows!

Guacamelee doesn't feature anything unique to the Wii U besides off-TV play, but I guess that's reason enough to pick it up on Wii U for a lot of people.

You probably can't beat Adventure Island.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jun 30, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought Guacanelee also had a gamepad map, which is something you want to have on a metoidvania.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Right, it has that too. My bad.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I tried to buy Shovel Knight and while it charged my card twice I have no funds in my eshop account. Calling Nintendo at 9 AM on the dot will fix it of course, but just be wary!

I suspect a boatload of people tried to get platinum last night and it crashed part of their store.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 30, 2014

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Have the eShop issues cleared up yet? Is it safe to add funds to the wallet again?

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

I just added funds and it worked fine, I think it's good.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Guacamelee's up on the PAL eShop, I think.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

apparently mario tennis power tour for wiiu VC is on the dish for NA next

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo PAL dudes, Chibi-Robo is already available on the PAL 3DS eShop.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Some more info, this time it's about the crafting system:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/02/double-jump-air-dash-azure-striker-gunvolt-lets-customize-moveset/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
IT BEGINS: http://www.denpafree.jp/

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Yo PAL dudes, Chibi-Robo is already available on the PAL 3DS eShop.
Yessssssss. It's been 8 long years but Europe finally gets another Chibi Robo game (even if it's not a proper one).
On the one hand, gently caress yeah more Denpa Men games because I think I'm the only person in this thread who actually likes them.
On the other hand however they monetise it could get ugly. Denpa Men 3 actually already has free to play elements in it despite being a paid game, there's a separate currency in the game called gems that is used to buy the best equipment and upgrades that you either find very sparingly through the game, get from streetpass, or earn from winning battles online, but later in the game you can straight up buy them for real money.
I'd imagine the monetisation could be an extension of that, but it could get real lovely if they give you a small amount of storage for Denpa Men and make you pay for more.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 3):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    One Piece Unlimited World Red - €54.99 / £43.99
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - €29.90 / £24.90
WII U eSHOP
    Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - €13.99 / £11.99 (July 2)
    Armillo - €6.00 / £5.50, introductory price €4.50 / £4.00
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure - €5.00 / £4.00, introductory price €2.50 / £2.00
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Adventure Island (NES, US ver.) - €4.99 / £3.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Ends July 31.]
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.19 until July 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Pokemon Art Academy - €34.99 / £29.99 (July 4)
3DS eSHOP
    Chibi-Robo! Let's Go, Photo! - €12.99 / £11.69
    Squids Odyssey - €12.99 / £9.99 (buy on 3DS, get the Wii U version free!)
    Quell Reflect - €3.99 / £3.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    StreetPass Mii Plaza (3DS)- combo pack €9.99 / £8.99, individual games €3.99 / £3.59 until July 13
    Kung Fu Rabbit (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.19 until July 10
    Football Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €1.74 / £1.49 until July 17
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until July 17
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS eShop) - 89.99 until July 17
    Doodle Jump Adventures (3DS) - €12.99 / £29.99 until July 17
    Tappingo (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.69 until July 17

NA update (week of July 3):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Just Dance 2014 - $39.99 (permanent price reduction, July 7)
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red - $49.99 (July 8)
WII U eSHOP
    Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition - $14.99
    Armillo - $8.00, introductory price $6.00
    Bombing Bastards - $6.99
    Internal Invasion - $4.99, introductory price $4.49
    Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $1.99
    Zasica's Last Stand - $2.99
WIIWARE (what)
    Karaoke Joysound - hosed if I know... there's a free demo, I guess?
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mario Tennis: Power Tour (NES) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U) - $14.99 until July 7
    Assassin's Creed 4 (Wii U) - $20.00 until July 7
    Cloudberry Kingdom (Wii U eShop) - $5.00 until July 7
    ESPN Sports Connection (Wii U) - $12.50 until July 7
    Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Wii U) - $15.00 until July 7
    ESPN Sports Connection (Wii U) - $12.50 until July 7
    Rabbids Land (Wii U) - $12.50 until July 7
    Rayman Legends (Wii U) - $20.00 until July 7
    The Smurfs 2 (Wii U) - $20.00 until July 7
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Wii U) - $22.49 until July 7
    ZombiU (Wii U) - $22.50 (USD) / $14.99 (CAD) until July 7
    Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Wii U) - $12.50 until July 7
    Darksiders 2 (Wii U) - "50% off" until July 8
    Kung Fu Rabbit (Wii U eShop) - $2.49 until July 10

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    One Piece: Unlimited World Red - $29.99 (July 8)
    Tomodachi Life (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    BIKE RIDER DX2 GALAXY - $2.99
    Squids Odyssey - $14.99
    City Mysteries - $4.99
    Glory of Generals - $9.99
DSiWARE
    Mysterious Stars: A Fairy Tale - $4.99 / 500 Points
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Code of Princess (3DS) - "on sale" until July 7
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor: Overclocked (3DS) - "on sale" until July 7
    Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Rayman 3D (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Rayman Origins (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Rabbids Travel In Time (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Splinter Cell 3D (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Petz Fantasy 3D (3DS) - $7.50 until July 7
    Kung Fu Rabbit (3DS eShop) - $2.49 until July 10
    Soccer Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - $2.99 until July 16
    Inazuma Eleven (3DS) - $9.99 until July 16
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - "on sale" from July 7-21
    Etrian Odyssey Untold (3DS) - "on sale" from July 7-21
    Disney's Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - $19.99 until July 31

CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Electroplankton Rec-Rec (DSiWare) - 150 Coins, available until July 7
    Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until July 7
    Kirby's Dream Land (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until July 7
    Mario Party 2 (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until July 7

I don't know if anyone actually cares about Squids Odyssey, but the cross-buy deal is a) PAL-land only because NOA doesn't support cross-buy right now, and b) only works if you buy on 3DS, not the other way around. Better than nothing, I guess?

Why the gently caress is Nintendo releasing the WiiWare version of Karaoke Joysound now, of all times? That poo poo has gotta be seven years old by now, and there's a perfectly fine Wii U version that's been out everywhere else for ages.

Mario Tennis: Power Tour has an RPG-style single-player mode, like the GBC game and unlike the 3DS game.

Bike Rider Galaxy is suppposed to be pretty good, although I haven't played it myself. It's one of the most successful eShop games in Japan, I know that much.

Bombing Bastards is a moderately interesting name for what seems to be an otherwise unremarkable Bomberman clone, in case anyone's wondering.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is on sale for 7.50 now so it's a good time to pick it up if you like strategy RPG games at all.

Surprisingly good game- when I was playing it I was like "huh, seems like XCom". Looked it up and the dude who designed the original XCom apparently had a heavy director/management role in putting this one together. Nice.

Also it is basically a GI Joe Saturday morning cartoon version of a typical Tom Clancy story, which is hilarious to me.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Armillo is fun but very rough around the edges. You will get 6 bucks of fun out the game but you'll have to work at it. Serious framerate issues at times so you may want to wait a bit for a patch.

Not a fan of the new locales for Bike Rider DX. Generic space backdrops are so bland. Game remain mind-numbingly easy until the BS bonus stages. New twists help the gameplay stay fresh despite several boneheaded improvements elsewhere. Hidden coins are now pointed out by signs and game urges you to beat each level with only the jump button.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hey One Piece, thanks for not telling me you were eShop exclusive. Now I gotta wait til I'm back at school to get you.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Waffleman_ posted:

Hey One Piece, thanks for not telling me you were eShop exclusive. Now I gotta wait til I'm back at school to get you.

That's... surprising. It actually got a physical release for the Wii U over here in the UK, so I'm a little surprised it doesn't in the States.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry there hasn't been a good One Piece game since the Grand Battle games, you don't have to worry about buying it.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

This is probably a braindead dumb question but I figured I'd ask; there's no way for me to buy a WiiU game from anywhere besides the WiiU, right? Mine's out of commission and I need to ship it off to Nintendo but I hate to miss out on a deal on something I want.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

The T posted:

This is probably a braindead dumb question but I figured I'd ask; there's no way for me to buy a WiiU game from anywhere besides the WiiU, right? Mine's out of commission and I need to ship it off to Nintendo but I hate to miss out on a deal on something I want.

I'm assuming you mean through the eShop? As far as I know you can only do that within the Wii U itself. It'd be real great if Nintendo would do what Microsoft and Sony have on that front for reasons like this, but no dice.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Anyone have a code I can bum? I'm so close to free Kirby 2, it defined my childhood :(

THANKS SeANMcBAY!!

epsilon fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 6, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some of the free 3DS apps like Pokemon Bank and Youtube give you coins, from memory.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
How's Gunman Clive? I thought I heard some positive buzz about that game, and I'm putzing around on the eShop and I see it's only $2,and I have $5 that can go either towards that or Wario Land 2 (a favorite from my childhood)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

C-Euro posted:

How's Gunman Clive? I thought I heard some positive buzz about that game, and I'm putzing around on the eShop and I see it's only $2,and I have $5 that can go either towards that or Wario Land 2 (a favorite from my childhood)

Wario Land 2 is better, and Gunman Clive, while spectacular, is really short and is getting a much better sequel soon.