Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Labrys is the best and anyone who disagrees didn't spend enough time in the sound menu spamming her "Watch your feet!" clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
It's criminal that it isn't at evo this year, considering how loving awesome the top 8 was last year / how good of a fighter both P4U games are.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Mitsuru could become an interesting character as she settles into the role of "head of the Kirijo Group" and all. Like, Mitsuru in her late-20's, early 30's could be a very cool character to look into. She'd be a huge business executive who is the pioneer in combating Shadows and supernatural threats, and she has been since she was a child. There's got to be some sort of story to tell there.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The plot should have been Kandori going all Mr. Han and setting up a martial arts Persona tournament on his private Island, and every character would have had different reasons for showing up.

Then Chie would win, because she would be the Dragon.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

MrAristocrates posted:

Arena's story isn't great (I still hate that the robot stuff found its way into P4), but it's absolutely killed by its format. I figured out what Labrys' deal was immediately and I still had to go through eight more storylines to "find out." The first several characters go through exactly the same stuff and all the important story beats are relegated to the P3 characters (and Naoto), which is lame because they're the least interesting characters.

e: Also Labrys is better than Marie because she has a dumb accent and it rules.

Not exactly, at most you have to go through three - two of the P4 cast (sans Naoto) to unlock the P3 cast, then one of the P3 cast to unlock Labrys' story. After that you can just cherry pick the stories you like.

I mean, you have to go through all the stories if you want the Teddie navigator, but there's an option to fast forward through all the text.

laplace posted:

It's criminal that it isn't at evo this year, considering how loving awesome the top 8 was last year / how good of a fighter both P4U games are.

Definitely this though. Stunedge vs BrkrDave was amazing. It'll likely make EVO the following year at least.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Best part of P4A at last year's EVO was the post-tournament stream in someone's room. Lots of good matches and some hilarious commentary. Also, I enjoyed the story mode for Arena overall, and I think Labrys is cool. Her story mode at least did a couple neat things with the visual novel format to show her growth.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

The plot should have been Kandori going all Mr. Han and setting up a martial arts Persona tournament on his private Island, and every character would have had different reasons for showing up.

Then Chie would win, because she would be the Dragon.

That would have been better. It should have been some silly non-canon thing to begin with so they could bring non Persona 3/4 characters in and go all out with the joke endings.

Maybe they're saving that for SMTxSSB. :v:

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 5, 2014

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Right, so I'm guessing the Fiend description in Overclocked that says "Does not move" is a mistranslation, because the Yomotsu Ikusa on the third or fourth day of NG+ definitely moves.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
The bonus NG+ bosses that are new to OC are all moving Fiends, iirc,

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

Not exactly, at most you have to go through three - two of the P4 cast (sans Naoto) to unlock the P3 cast, then one of the P3 cast to unlock Labrys' story. After that you can just cherry pick the stories you like.

I mean, you have to go through all the stories if you want the Teddie navigator, but there's an option to fast forward through all the text.

Definitely this though. Stunedge vs BrkrDave was amazing. It'll likely make EVO the following year at least.

I assumed GG Xrd would take the arcsys slot

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Thanks for answering my questions. Is the answer worth playing to see a bit more of the story?

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Nope. Youtube it if you really want but it's not that interesting.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

UberJumper posted:

Thanks for answering my questions. Is the answer worth playing to see a bit more of the story?

You get some cool boss fights towards the end, but it's not worth slogging through unless you're a masochist like me.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Chickenfrogman posted:

Nope. Youtube it if you really want but it's not that interesting.

I kinda regret youtubing it not only because it was a waste of time, but also because it made me like some of the characters a little less. It doesn't even add anything to the story, it just poorly tries to explain things that I'm sure you already understand. You don't need an epilogue to tell you that(regular P3 ending spoilers)the MC dies, or the exact stupid and pointless specifics on why his death stopped Nyx.

The battle music from the arena section is pretty good though.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
I liked The Answer from a gameplay perspective but not a story one.
That said if you have only played P3P, you do not want to go back to original/FES and their baffling "you can't control the other party members" system.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So is there any way to tell when your Magnetite is fully charged in Overclocked? Also if I choose not to use it when I charge it, do I lose it or can I save it somehow?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Twelve by Pies posted:

So is there any way to tell when your Magnetite is fully charged in Overclocked? Also if I choose not to use it when I charge it, do I lose it or can I save it somehow?

The rate at which it fills up depends on how many Macca Bonuses you earn, but there's no visible gauge or anything; you can kind of get a feel for it after a while, though. If you don't use it when you get the opportunity, I'm pretty sure it empties and you have to refill it from scratch.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I saw the Answer more like giving closure to the characters on the wake of P3's ending than explaining things to the player, making it only recommendable if you liked the characters.

The gameplay isn't that bad (essentially Tartarus exploring with a few cutscenes mixed in)since it makes wonder towards mastering the fusion system.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Why does your avatars picture keep changing to more and more risque pictures of tits with the same title text.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Trust me when I say you do not want to know.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sir Shion posted:

Why does your avatars picture keep changing to more and more risque pictures of tits with the same title text.

Any other avatar would've been changed very quickly. :shrug:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

So, since my PS3 died some time back (appropriately enough while playing Drakengard 3), I lost all my PS2 saves on it. I dusted off my old PS2, and restarted a game of Nocturne. How do you make a TDE-worthy character again? I remember physical is better, because of Pierce...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MonsieurChoc posted:

So, since my PS3 died some time back (appropriately enough while playing Drakengard 3), I lost all my PS2 saves on it. I dusted off my old PS2, and restarted a game of Nocturne. How do you make a TDE-worthy character again? I remember physical is better, because of Pierce...

The essential skills are Pierce, Focus and Freikugel; stat allocation doesn't matter too much thanks to the incenses and the Magatamas.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
dark titsanime plz go

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Shion posted:

Someone has a lot of money.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Someone has a lot of money.

He bought that one himself.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

For literally years I've been completely failing at finishing Persona 3, despite really enjoying it. This also meant I've never started on Persona 4, despite owning a PS2 copy for ages. After just completing my yearly summer ritual of booting P3P and discovering I have no idea what is going on with the plot, quests or gameplay anymore I'm considering just stopping with tormenting myself and catching up on the plot by watching the respective anime. So I can actually play Persona 5 when it hits in a year or so, and maybe give the various crossover titles a shot.

Is this or is this not a terrible plan?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Persona 3's anime has nothing to do with the game.

E: Oh yea, there's that movie or something. Nevermind.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Rhaka posted:

For literally years I've been completely failing at finishing Persona 3, despite really enjoying it. This also meant I've never started on Persona 4, despite owning a PS2 copy for ages. After just completing my yearly summer ritual of booting P3P and discovering I have no idea what is going on with the plot, quests or gameplay anymore I'm considering just stopping with tormenting myself and catching up on the plot by watching the respective anime. So I can actually play Persona 5 when it hits in a year or so, and maybe give the various crossover titles a shot.

Is this or is this not a terrible plan?

P4's story has nothing to do with 3's so don't let not knowing how 3 ends stop you from playing it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

So i've been playing nocturne on the ps3 after finally getting around to grabbing it off the US store and its loving great. I'm planning on doing the DDS games next, but was wondering if its possible to play the full set of persona games on ps3/vita? I've beaten P4G and started P3 FES a long time ago and need to get it again. Are 1 and 2 available and worth playing? Are both parts of 2 available or is one missing or something?

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Suaimhneas posted:

P4's story has nothing to do with 3's so don't let not knowing how 3 ends stop you from playing it.

Even better, the only reference to the P3 plot that you won't yet understand is inaccessible until an NG+. The rest are really obvious nods.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Do you mean the super boss or is there something else?

Stux posted:

So i've been playing nocturne on the ps3 after finally getting around to grabbing it off the US store and its loving great. I'm planning on doing the DDS games next, but was wondering if its possible to play the full set of persona games on ps3/vita? I've beaten P4G and started P3 FES a long time ago and need to get it again. Are 1 and 2 available and worth playing? Are both parts of 2 available or is one missing or something?

Vita can play at least one version of every Persona game assuming you're NA. I don't think the Innocent Sin PSP port was released in Europe (though you could still buy/download it if you felt like, it'd just be obnoxious with how Vita handles accounts), and obviously the PS3 can't play PSP games.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think the Innocent Sin PSP port was released in Europe

Understandable why you'd think that, but it was. Thankfully.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

Unfortunately it seems Eternal Punishment was never released over here, but is a PS1 classic so I can grab that with my US account for the PS3 at least.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Do you mean the super boss or is there something else?

Vita can play at least one version of every Persona game assuming you're NA. I don't think the Innocent Sin PSP port was released in Europe (though you could still buy/download it if you felt like, it'd just be obnoxious with how Vita handles accounts), and obviously the PS3 can't play PSP games.

Yep, I have Persona 1, 2, 2, 4 and 4 on my Vita. It's pretty awesome.

Also Tactics Ogre, which is not SMT-related, but is still the best PSP game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dragonatrix posted:

Must have been thinking of Eternal Punishment like Stux said in that case, my bad.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Do we know anything about Persona 5 aside from it being Red?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

It takes place in a motherfuckin high school. Aw yiss :D

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Freak Futanari posted:

It takes place in a motherfuckin high school. Aw yiss :D

I know it was never not going to take place in a high school, but the fact that it does still slightly disappoints me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Pureauthor posted:

Still going to be in high school, main theme is supposed to be about breaking free of the oppressive parts of society. We got nothing else otherwise.