Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

origami posted:

It's really weird watching Fitch fight at 4:43 in the afternoon

Yeah it's too early to go to bed yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Someone explain Fitch's and Hallman's weights to me

It's a PRIDE welterweight fight.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Fitch Happens

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
hallman has basically done nothing but lie down and get his rear end kicked and turn purple. it's sad.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
He's landing some decent strikes on the ground though. Doesn't look like this is a whole lot of fun for Hallman.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Holy poo poo. I'd never heard that about Fitch having a losing record in wrestling one year. That's crazy.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Holy poo poo. I'd never heard that about Fitch having a losing record in wrestling one year. That's crazy.

His career record is 27-39

He wasn't very good, but he was GRITTY and SCRAPPY, with a TON OF HEART and HUSTLE and OTHER WHITE GUY DESCRIPTORS

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i thought newell was a muay thai guy

e: in retrospect i have no idea why i thought that

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

His career record is 27-39

He wasn't very good, but he was GRITTY and SCRAPPY, with a TON OF HEART and HUSTLE and OTHER WHITE GUY DESCRIPTORS

Good lord. How did I not know this?

This makes me like him more.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Foul Fowl posted:

i thought newell was a muay thai guy

you're thinking of baxter humby

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
if you don't like Jon Fitch then gently caress You

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

you're thinking of baxter humby

that's the guy, thanks

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

-Atom- posted:

if you don't like Jon Fitch then gently caress You

agreed in full

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Sefo is starting to sound more and more like a guy that's been punched in the face as often as he has. :smith:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Sefo is starting to sound more and more like a guy that's been punched in the face as often as he has. :smith:

His Pacific Islanderness is failing him? :ohdear:

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

fatherdog posted:

Yeah I was just telling a friend that you'd never guess English is his first language.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Sefo's sounded completely unintelligible for years

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

nick newell used to shop at a foot locker i managed in milford so that makes him my sexy boyfriend.

"somebody make some noise" doesn't sound as effective as, i don't know, "everyone make some noise."

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I'm torn about whether to watch this or the last 30 minutes of Costa Rica/Netherlands.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

freud mayweather posted:

nick newell used to shop at a foot locker i managed in milford so that makes him my sexy boyfriend.

"somebody make some noise" doesn't sound as effective as, i don't know, "everyone make some noise."

He's making a more realistic request and I respect him for it.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
newell looks like he's out of gas/too beat up already

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Newell is already done

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Newell appears to be in some trouble :(

Edit: I'm glad I got beaten twice to that insightful bit of analysis.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Foul Fowl posted:

newell looks like he's out of gas/too beat up already

yeah, he acquitted himself well early on and then slowed down like a heavyweight

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
<syxxcowz> Gaethje seems to be stumped by newells combos

(from the first round before newell died)

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

yeah, he acquitted himself well early on and then slowed down like a heavyweight

He got caught by a big right in an exchange and deflated like a balloon.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

This... this is not fun to watch

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

end this poo poo. It's just sad.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
looks like Gaetje's kinda holding back a bit

e: he's gotta be praying for a cut stoppage

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Yeah it's not good when Bas is openly calling for the ref to just put a stop to it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Foul Fowl posted:

looks like Gaetje's kinda holding back a bit

you can tell he feels terrible whenever he throws at Newell's left side

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Aw. I did not enjoy that at all. I don't think anyone did.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

you can tell he feels terrible whenever he throws at Newell's left side

Kinda like the Moraes/Rettinghouse fight with the leg kicks

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
the worst part of this fight? people are going to think Nick Newell isn't a good fighter

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Gaethje was put in a no win situation, but that's about the best way you could hope to brutally beat up a guy with one arm

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
newell did really, surprisingly well. for about two minutes.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Gaethje was put in a no win situation, but that's about the best way you could hope to brutally beat up a guy with one arm

Yeah. Pretty much. It's weird to feel a little bad for a guy after he dominates a fight and holds onto his belt.

-Atom- posted:

the worst part of this fight? people are going to think Nick Newell isn't a good fighter

I'm a little worried about this too, but he's still only got one loss on his record and it was in a championship fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Newell is a good fighter, it's just that he's now gotten to the point where he's fighting guys that are good fighters and also have two arms.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

Newell is a good fighter, it's just that he's now gotten to the point where he's fighting guys that are good fighters and also have two arms.

That's what I was thinking before the fight happened and Bas was going over all the advantages Gaethje has over Newell. He could have said "has more limbs" and left it at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I usually don't condone the current crop of Gracies winning in MMA fights, mostly because it's hilarious to see them lose (Like when Rolles Gracie got obliterated by Derrick Mehmen), but Neiman Gracie is a hero because he tapped out [http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/7/5876311/wsof-dustin-holyko-white-power-domestic-violence]immense shithead, criminal offender, and basically neo-nazi Dustin Holyko[/url]

You'd think an organization making its network TV debut would run a background check on guys before throwing them in the cage, but whatever, I guess?