Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
The other problem Treasure Planet ran into is that it opened the week after Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, so for some mysterious reason it wasn't the market-capturing blockbuster it deserved to be.

Disney attributed this to the age of 2D animation being over (Home on the Range didn't help), until the Pixar people came aboard to run things and told them to quit making lovely movies and direct-to-dvd sequels and start being good again. Miraculously, The Princess and the Frog was good and made lots of money. Who knew?

Which reminds me, I might be playing a 3.5 or Pathfinder game (GM hasn't decided which yet) and I'm thinking of playing a cursing/debuffing/save-or-suck Wizard or (if PF) Witch, patterned after either an Appalachian or Lovecraftian New England hoodoo-man or a backwater swamp voodoo spirit guy without being offensively stereotypical in the latter. Anyone got anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Which reminds me, I might be playing a 3.5 or Pathfinder game (GM hasn't decided which yet) and I'm thinking of playing a cursing/debuffing/save-or-suck Wizard or (if PF) Witch, patterned after either an Appalachian or Lovecraftian New England hoodoo-man or a backwater swamp voodoo spirit guy without being offensively stereotypical in the latter. Anyone got anything?

Model him after Kurane? The drunk who sees himself a king in his dreams, and just have his spells be the dreamworld leaking into the real as his edicts are followed. Otherwise you're probably out of luck in copying pulp era writing about minority beliefs and not being offensive.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

TheAnomaly posted:

Otherwise you're probably out of luck in copying pulp era writing about minority beliefs and not being offensive.

That's kinda why I'm leaning more John the Balladeer than Doctor Facilier. Just not as a bard.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

!amicable posted:

Does anyone have cool minotaur images? Specifically ranger-ish minotaurs.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

!amicable posted:

This is my favourite picture of a minotaur ever.

When I found it it was titled "Why is leg?"

(I believe the source is a magic card named Pensive Minotaur)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Is that supposed to be Krang there in Sheriff Moo's lap, or one of the Un-Men?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Bieeardo posted:

Is that supposed to be Krang there in Sheriff Moo's lap, or one of the Un-Men?
Guess the artist didn't feel like drawing a steampunk mech suit.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

!amicable posted:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
MtG stuff:

Minotaur Explorer

Minotaur Tactician

Talruum Champion

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Precambrian posted:

Everyone wants to be Tolkien, either riddling with Smaug and Gollum, or just "Speak, 'friend' and enter." Though, to take it back to the thread's theme, does anyone have any good art of parties trying to solve a puzzle or trap? I could actually use some inspiration for the like.

I've used speak friend and enter a few times and the answer to the riddle is always that the party has to do something nice to prove to the door that they're friends :)

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Strontosaurus posted:

I've used speak friend and enter a few times and the answer to the riddle is always that the party has to do something nice to prove to the door that they're friends :)

Like... polish the doorknob, oil the hinges, get the accumulated grime out of the ornate magical carvings, that kind of thing?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

"Dammit Jeremy, how many times have I told you not to cut the grass with my killin' axe?"

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Anyone got any good pictures of Half - Orc monks (d&d) or failing that a brawler or fist fighter type.

unzealous
Mar 24, 2009

Die, Die, DIE!

No Pun Intended posted:

Anyone got any good pictures of Half - Orc monks (d&d) or failing that a brawler or fist fighter type.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

No Pun Intended posted:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

If anyone needs a corrupt executive type in a robot suit Rich Lyons has you covered.

From http://comicsalliance.com/mecha-mcmahon-concept-art-by-rich-lyons-for-a-wwe-fighting-game-that-never-was/

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

The speaker in the middle is so her can play "No Chance In Hell" whenever he walks into a building

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Can anyone hook me up with giant medieval robots, in the vein of Escaflowne? I'm doing a 9th century mecha game of Camelot vs mecha-saxons.

Some starters:

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Squidster posted:

Can anyone hook me up with giant medieval robots, in the vein of Escaflowne? I'm doing a 9th century mecha game of Camelot vs mecha-saxons.

Since you're already looking at the anime route, I'd recommend Aura Battler Dunbine and Panzer World Galient

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Squidster posted:

Any given panel from Mazinger USA will be your huckleberry.

Edit: also, there are some titties

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 7, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The classic Dygengar/Aussenseiter Trombe combo form.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

Any given panel from Mazinger USA will be your huckleberry.

Might want to mention there's some :nws: 80s anime titties in there.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dick Burglar posted:

Might want to mention there's some :nws: 80s anime titties in there.

The page itself offers that warning, but I guess there are thumbnails, so I'll edit a warning in.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I'm definitely going to use that Centaur mecha - it feels very appropriate to Arthurian knight battles. Thanks!

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Like... polish the doorknob, oil the hinges, get the accumulated grime out of the ornate magical carvings, that kind of thing?

It depends on the party's interpretation of the riddle once I give them that clue, honestly. Sometimes they help the door, sometimes they all give one another compliments. Either way, it's a good time.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Forums Terrorist posted:

If anyone needs a corrupt executive type in a robot suit Rich Lyons has you covered.

From http://comicsalliance.com/mecha-mcmahon-concept-art-by-rich-lyons-for-a-wwe-fighting-game-that-never-was/

:sigh: why can't we have nice things?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Forums Terrorist posted:

Vince MechMan

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I'm lookin for sea monsters. All kinds of sea monsters: Cetacean, Serpent, Cephalopod, anything you got.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I'm lookin for sea monsters. All kinds of sea monsters: Cetacean, Serpent, Cephalopod, anything you got.
Sure thing!

The last pic I'm sure are some sort of sea cultists.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 7, 2014

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

mechanicalFactory posted:

Sure thing!

The last pic I'm sure are some sort of sea cultists.

Who is this by? I want to make it into a stuffed animal.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

The scariest thing in the book that isn't a bard.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Brainbread posted:

Who is this by? I want to make it into a stuffed animal.

Inshoo1 is the artist. The deviant art page has a super high res pic that would definitely help with that.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Xpost from the GIF thread

Ghostpilot posted:

From the works of Todd Lockwood.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

I could use a picture of a cloud of fireflies, but GIS is only giving me god drat ponies. I need bugs! Can anyone hook me up? Bonus points if they're leaving trails behind 'em, like the art for Blinkmoth Nexus. In exchange, please find enclosed one (1) Sport™.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I am not sure how you can do a GIS for "fireflies" and not end up with any pictures of fireflies at all, but ok!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Go nuts: http://www.fireflyexperience.org/photos/

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Comedy option:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747