Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Sam is not great on the radio. Jesus Christ who really thinks that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Since we're contemplating the end of the show, what's everyone favorite O&A moments? I gotta go with when Blind Stevie stole Derek's credit card for a 'funny prank' and it just backfired on him magnificently. Norton and Sam were just constantly instigating Derek and pushing Stevie for being racist. I'm pretty sure it nearly got Stevie fired from his internship.

Also every time they got a variation of the "$5000 FUGITIVE" during Jocktober. Opie in particular sounded so loving miserable whenever it came up. Speaking of Jocktober the John and Jeff shows were the best.

"WE'RE TWO GUYS WHO LIKE AN OCCASIONAL SPRINKLE OF SUGAR ON OUR OATMEAL, WHOA, WATCH OUT!"

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm still hoping that Ron will drop Fez and move over to Opie & Jimmy. It's the best way to salvage both shows. O&J need a comedic engine and Ron needs somebody that will actually have a conversation with him.

That would work. Ron would fill Ant's shoes better than just about anyone.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

Since we're contemplating the end of the show, what's everyone favorite O&A moments?

The day this happened
http://youtu.be/zV3xJXW0gRg

Last time Paris Hilton was in. Jimmy was really a tired boy. Beyond that, pretty much any Ted appearance for me.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

BigPoot posted:

The day this happened
http://youtu.be/zV3xJXW0gRg

Last time Paris Hilton was in. Jimmy was really a tired boy. Beyond that, pretty much any Ted appearance for me.

Ted Sheckler, the real victim in all of this.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I like Sam ... in small doses. But as a replacement for Anthony? Good god no.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gianthogweed posted:

What exactly did he say anyway?

"They aren't human."

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

Animal-Mother posted:

"They aren't human."

What was the full context? Did he tweet it after she hit him, or did he say it to her face?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Since we're contemplating the end of the show, what's everyone favorite O&A moments?

One of my favorites was when they were loving with the Tony Danza show. Anthony did a spot-on impersonation of Danza and they'd have Erock give the phone to fans outside his studio and ask for sexual favors. Think it ended with a confrontation with a security guard that made for some good radio too. Thoughts and prayers.......thoughts and prayers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7gJPuKs8aQ

There is also probably 50 segments with Patrcie you could throw in there. I loved them critiquing country songs. Also anytime they'd talk movies with Patrice and Jim it was great. I remember the time Jim talked Patrice out of liking the movie Face-Off.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

"You say footage?"
"Oh, I should scratch it"

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Jim was lightning quick with the bombs that day.

Speaking of silly Jimmy, these Jim Norton laugh compilations are some of my favorite show moments. It's essentially Ant making Jim do the wheezing laugh for 40 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYbYo-VrksE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7RdHX5pK0Q

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I thought that first time they did the country music Top 10 critique Patrice was going to hyperventilate.

That and them dissecting Vos's old stand-up tape.

foobar
Jul 6, 2002

Gianthogweed posted:

I was just thinking though. Anthony's been railing against this sort of thing for years "going after your livelihood the same thing as infringing on free speech!" I don't think he's going to go down quietly. What exactly did he say anyway?

Seriously? Here, let me Google that for you

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Patrice and Jimmy reviewing Face off and Independence Day were loving amazing.

Also making fun of Alex Jones/Jesse Ventura were always great.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/opie-and-anthony-host-goes-on-racist-tirade-on-twitter-calls

Ah, here's the full story. Ant ... you stupid racist rear end in a top hat. He shouldn't have been fired for it, but still ... you stupid racist rear end in a top hat.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Mob posted:

That and them dissecting Vos's old stand-up tape.

"My girlfriend was a runway model but she got hit by an airplane. "

Jimmy - "pause"

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Most Vicious Show Ever is my favorite show moment. Everybody was on a different level that day and when Opie got himself into the barrel, I was dying.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL14F5F656BDE35CB2

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The day they came back from Homeless Charlie and did the WBAB tape roast is one of my favorite "Nobody can stay on task" trashing days.

Louie absolutely destroying Paul-O's "Gap" was another amazing show.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I'm amazed that this website still exists and people actually still use it to try and score some sick burns.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Most Vicious Show Ever is my favorite show moment. Everybody was on a different level that day and when Opie got himself into the barrel, I was dying.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL14F5F656BDE35CB2

Was that the one where Opie said he almost broke his neck boogie boarding and they went on for an hour talking about what the show would be like if he was paralyzed? That was the best. Him having to take the car elevator with Stern killed me.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Neodoomium posted:

Louie absolutely destroying Paul-O's "Gap" was another amazing show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_i9WUHK_gA

As funny as this bit was Louis couldn't even convey how awful GAP is, Paul O spent either five or ten thousand dollars and it looks like something a kid could have put together in a weekend.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"Kubrick would do this stuff all the time!"
"How dare you."

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

"Kubrick would do this stuff all the time!"
"How dare you."

"If you came in out of the rain into a theater and saw this movie..."
"...If it was raining AIDS I'd go back out and open my mouth, and look up at it like a turkey and drown in AIDS rain."

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
bailey jay has some rockin tits

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
The first Fugitive Saga was one of my favorite memories of O&A. Stupid Bobo trying to say We Love the O&A show never stops being funny. Really, I like a lot of Bobo's appearances, like when he was harassing the girl who worked on the Daily Mashup or whatever.

Also anytime Jimmy would talk about his childhood. The first time I heard him describing his childhood fantasy of KISS throwing him down the stairs then hugging him I almost had to pull over.

Jimmy's characters are also something I love. Edgar on celebrity horror stories was such a sucker punch I was just HOWLING!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I hope you get fired too baby, grow up it's 2014 you should probably stop being racist and fix yourself.

You do realize that because I think it's lovely that someone got assaulted for stupid poo poo, it doesn't make me a racist, right? I never stated that I agreed with anyone's views. But really, keep trying to SJW me.

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Is it just me or did Anthony sound just like howard stern in old clips?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

sba posted:

You do realize that because I think it's lovely that someone got assaulted for stupid poo poo, it doesn't make me a racist, right? I never stated that I agreed with anyone's views. But really, keep trying to SJW me.

You do realize that bringing up SJWing when we're just laughing at what happened makes you look like the same type of loon, right? Or are you trying to say that Ant was assaulted for the past six years?

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 6, 2014

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Sam is great on radio, stop hating everything.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

sba posted:

He doesn't. He's too busy being self-righteous on the internet and saying gently caress YOU/THAT DUDE! like a big retard.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Anthony has been posting pics on twitter and facebook all day and has zero marks on his face, it sucks that he was assaulted but he made it sound a lot worse than it was.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

TwistedNails posted:

Anthony has been posting pics on twitter and facebook all day and has zero marks on his face, it sucks that he was assaulted but he made it sound a lot worse than it was.

Whoa now. Craterface Cumia very much has a scarred face. You gotta qualify what you mean. He doesn't have any fresh scars.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

"Assaulted"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Do you seriously think he was assaulted just for taking a picture? She's very clearly pissed off in the very first picture. He probably said something racist/lovely before he took it and that's why he was hit.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

OldTennisCourt posted:

The pinnacle of Evil Opie: "Rick... TAKE THE WIG."

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Can't search for it. But the episode where Jim was telling Anthony that he might like a trans woman and not to knock it. So they showed him some pics of bailey jay and he started thinking about. Then jimmy made fun of him.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
What the gently caress does SJW mean?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Social Justice Warrior.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Why can't I call someone a friend of the family oval office without getting hit!? :qq:"

Sticks and stones. Physical violence is always an unjustified escalation of force no matter what names you call someone.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Do you seriously think he was assaulted just for taking a picture? She's very clearly pissed off in the very first picture. He probably said something racist/lovely before he took it and that's why he was hit.

Anthony hasn't struck me as a very confrontational dude unless he's on the radio/in his car/clearly safe from anything happening. He's really just a scared man wearing mommy's shoes. I don't have any problem believing that Anthony only got racial and angry after she assaulted him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Bubba Smith posted:

He's really just a scared man wearing mommy's shoes.

I am not empty quoting this post

• Locked thread